• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF member voted tier list

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's the problem of having to average imperfect tier lists, there will be bias.

I guess with time though it will be fixed.

Jigglypuff -1

Only one character, how unsatisfyingly simple...

Browny

Smash Hater
its not always fair to assume that you know spade. for every bad bowser main people may have played which they base their experience off, theres just as many bad [every other character] main out there too.

I dont think people would vote a char down unless they felt that was the single largest discrepancy outside of voting chars up. of course if some people constantl vote one char down i will do something about it...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well look: Almost everyone votes Bowser down except for the Bowser mains who countervote in order to prevent Bowser from dropping. =/

As a Sonic/Lucario main, you are probably not aware of the fact that pretty much every other character board assumes Bowser is bad/slow. We see this every time we are in a Matchup discussion, may it be on other boards or on our own.

Bowser is pretty spot on where he is, maybe one spot down, but that's it.

Browny

Smash Hater
At a quick check, of the 14 people who have voted on bowsers movement, 5 have been +1 while 9 have been -1. thats not that bad. Give it time... for all we know, bowser might not drop any lower than one position where he is now. theres nothing to say that this trend will continue. Characters like Sheik have bounced all over the place while others shoot to a position and havent moved in a long time (IC's)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...No Spade.

Have you seen this icon yet?

look below:

I call here "Zeke" LOL!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Then what was the whole ponit of this conversation?

I hate misunderstandings!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well look: Almost everyone votes Bowser down except for the Bowser mains who countervote in order to prevent Bowser from dropping. =/

As a Sonic/Lucario main, you are probably not aware of the fact that pretty much every other character board assumes Bowser is bad/slow. We see this every time we are in a Matchup discussion, may it be on other boards or on our own.

Bowser is pretty spot on where he is, maybe one spot down, but that's it.
Well Bowser is f***ing massive. That is not a good thing.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So just because he's big it automatically means he's bad?
No, but it helps.

Besides, I myself never said he was bad. He's just fat and not even in Brawl in the first place. ;D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I never said it was a good point. In fact, his size actually is a big problem of him since he's so easy to sweetspot or trap in combos.

...but he still isn't Low Tier.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Bowser is ridiculously hard countered by King Dedede, and even his native character board seems to claim he has a disadvantage against pretty much everyone. They claim he's even with Luigi and Wolf and loses to literally everyone else they've covered so far. That is, he loses to Meta Knight, Snake, Falco, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Diddy Kong, R.O.B., Pikachu, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Peach, and Zelda/Sheik (even Zelda alone!). I'd point out that they claim his matchup with the Ice Climbers to be 25-75 so that's pretty much another hard counter. They so far have claimed no advantages for him. Unless his own character board is ridiculously underrating him, I'm really not seeing how he's not just plain bad.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm not dumb and I'm a contributor to the Bowser boards. The MU with MK is even (55-45 in MK's "favor") and he is the closest to an MK counter you can get.
Every other MU outside of ICs and De3 are usually 60-40 in their favour, meaning it's an uphill battle, but not unwinnable so.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not dumb and I'm a contributor to the Bowser boards. The MU with MK is even (55-45 in MK's "favor") and he is the closest to an MK counter you can get.
Every other MU outside of ICs and De3 are usually 60-40 in their favour, meaning it's an uphill battle, but not unwinnable so.
Falco and Snake can give Meta Knight a pretty hard time, much harder than I can see Bowser giving Meta Knight.

There we have a metagame in itself, the current top 3 on the list, although perhaps Falco might lose his spot.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Weight and size doesn't matter in brawl, tier wise ><
Look at ddd, snake, DK.
Massive, and high-top tier

Lulzalot

Smash Rookie
ITT: Everybody posts their mains and counters. Seriously this is just one big popularity test. Only a few people are actually using any common sense.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Weight and size doesn't matter in brawl, tier wise ><
Look at ddd, snake, DK.
Massive, and high-top tier
Those are still disadvantages though, size anyway. They make up for it with their movesets.

Bowser does not compensate as well as those characters.

Besides, we all know that the general trend is for heavies not to be that good in Smash games (and fighting games in general). Brawl gave us the anomalies, with heavies in top tier for the first time.

@ Lulzalot: agreed, but the actual list if you look at it is pretty good lol.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser does not compensate as well as those characters.
Yea, well, I never said Bowser was amazingly good, Top Tier or anything... but he really isn't Low Tier or Bottom Tier. He's more grouped with Zelda, Sheik (alone for both), Fox and Ike, and I see him pretty much in the center of that group, making him Lower Mid-Tierish.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Luigi +1
Sonic -1
Olimar +1
Pikachu -1
Rob +1

Also, there are too many biased voters voting for their own characters... *cough* sonic *cough*

Browny

Smash Hater
Also, there are too many biased voters voting for their own characters... *cough* sonic *cough*
lmao... sonic has more people voting him down than up. GG

updated... **** it look what happens when i go to sleep for too long, the list goes stupid lol :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Falcon -1 I mean really, as much as I like the Captain, who voted him above PT or Samus? I could understand Ganon and maybe Link but no.
Ice Climbers -1

Peach +1
Martha +1
Yoshi +1

Getting rid of that broken tier between Bottom and low which had Yoshi and Falcon FTW.

Top Bottom