• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It sucks now. I wish I could leave, but all of Utah's smash scene is here and I have friends on here that I can only talk to on this site, so its a necessary evil.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Not sure how I feel. First of all, I am at least extremely glad that bikes are returning, as that was a main determining factor of if I would even consider getting the game. I am not sure how I feel about the driving sideways/upside down though... I feel like that's going to make me dizzy and confused, although I'll have to wait to see actual gameplay of the driving upside down and such (for more than 3 seconds) before making any actual judgement on that. I hate how coins are back, that is absolutely awful that they have returned. I also saw that the fire flower item has returned, hopefully they at least took MK7's fire flower into consideration and nerfed it so it's not so OP this time. The game basically looks like an overhaul of MK7 with the addition of bikes, hopefully it doesn't bring in the same repetitiveness that MK7 had or MKW will just break through as being the top game yet again. I also only noticed MK7-imported tracks in this trailer, hoping for some other track confirmation from other games soon; and hopefully they import better ones than they did for MK7.

-Final-

Aria♪
I agree with Gatlin on this one

Guess I'll have to wait until the game comes out (or at least until we get some real gameplay videos to watch) to see if I'll like it or not...

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
There is a lot going on in that trailer, lol. I could sit here and **** on this trailer but at the end of the day I know I'm going to end up buying this game, lol. But anyways,

I don't care for the coins all that much. I don't hate them but I feel like they're just there and add more stress to the game when there shouldn't be any. I'm really not sure how I feel about all that upside down and side wall stuff, the trailer gave me a headache - I can only imagine playing the game at 3 a.m. and what it's going to do to my eyes lol. But the tracks looked pretty legit and the graphics were a 10. I liked how the karts functioned in MK7 so I'm indifferent about bikes returning.

If MK8's little game gimmick is the little speed boost shown at the end - interesting. Toadette returning >>>

I just broke 3 months of not posting on this site, lul.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I dont like the return of bikes. That what made me dislike Funky Kong Bike Wii Mario Kart Wii. Other than that the game looks very promising. I'll get it regardless

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't like the idea of bikes returning either, but it's always possible that the bike bodies are given the same stats as the kart bodies. Of course, the bike bodies may have their weight reduced to buff up the other stats.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm fine with bikes returning, but I think they need to be much slower than karts in base speed and have much lower weight to offset the inherent wheelie advantages.

We have to start a MK8 events thread once the game comes out. Those were some good times.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm fine with bikes returning, but I think they need to be much slower than karts in base speed and have much lower weight to offset the inherent wheelie advantages.

We have to start a MK8 events thread once the game comes out. Those were some good times.
In Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Shadow, Big, and Ryo used bikes, and neither of the bikes drifted inside, nor did they offer wheelies. Nintendo could've always taken a page from that game.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
1) They did have wheelies
2) Along with Alex Kidd, Shadow and Ryo were top tier in that game. Not to mention that Big was higher tier than the rest of the heavyweights

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MKDS he was ass too, sure his Karts were good, but he was bad in his karts since the only character stat that transferred over was weight and Yoshi was a Light Weight, meaning he was tied for worst in the game.

Gatlin

bumping this to see if any activity at all whatsoever exists!
even though i doubt it~
if anyone new is viewing this, you should join and play :D

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I knew this thread existed.

Just been kidnapped by Steam and bribed with their video games sales this Christmas.

Gatlin

omg posts :D!
i know PG still plays on occasion, but do you still play final? :o I haven't seen you on skype in decades.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've pretty much been on retirement from Mario Kart 7 online races after picking up Pokemon White Version 2. And odds are, I won't be back any time soon, seeing as Mario Kart 8 is on its way.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pokemon X > All.

And I'll probably at the least try out MK8, hopefully its good so I can actually have an excuse to play in as much as I did MKWii.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im honestly disappointed theyve kept up with the coins, but as long as the coin system and item balance isnt as god awful as it is in MK7, Ill probably still play it; that is assuming the crazy track tilting and stuff isnt nauseating or anything considering Id be playing multiple hours at a time.

Last edited:

Shök

Smash Champion
Not really but I'll still buy it probably. It just looks like it's going to be like MK7. Nothing really special stands out to me from the game.
Other than the graphics, the game doesn't really look like MK7, imo. Ha ha.

Im honestly disappointed theyve kept up with the coins, but as long as the coin system and item balance isnt as god awful as it is in MK7, Ill probably still play it; that is assuming the crazy track tilting and stuff isnt nauseating or anything considering Id be playing multiple hours at a time.
I wasn't a big fan of the coins either, but I'll get used to it.

Tbh, I'm just ready to play a new game. I don't consider MK7 too much since it was a handheld. I've been playing MKW for 5 years, so I'm ready for a new game. Ha ha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom