• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The thing is, what parts would you limit? The only logical conclusion I can come up with in terms of part limits would be to restrict everyone to the Standard parts.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
We could do a theme where we ban every part and track from an older mk game(ex pipe frame, standard kart, barrel train standard wheels, retro coarses)
Just an idea :3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still think we should do weight extremes tournament.

We team up in pairs (so teams of 2) and 1 person has to be a feather weight with only the lightest parts, and one has to be a heavy weight with only the heaviest parts. So basically it would be:

Available Feather Weight Parts:
Kart Bodies:
- Birthday Girl
- Bumble V
- Cloud 9
- Egg 1
- Pipe Frame
- Soda Jet

Kart Wheels:
- Roller

Kart Gliders:
- Flower
- Paraglider
- Peach Parasol
- Swooper

Available Heavy Weight Parts:
Kart Bodies:
- Barrel Train
- Blue Seven
- Bolt Buggy
- Bruiser
- Gold Standard
- Tiny Tug

Kart Wheels:
- Monster

Kart Gliders:
- Beast Glider
- Gold Glider
- Super Glider

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I think we should do a FFA team tourney before we do a theamed team tourney(but thats just my opinion)
I'm up for a team extremes tourney though.
Sorry Air but I'm gonna be teaming with gashi in mk7.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol yeah, probably should do a normal one first :p

But Box, if we DID do the Weight Extremes, would you rather be the Heavy or Feather, cuz I can play either (After Yoshi my next 2 favorites are Bowser and Koopa after all).

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'd prob go feather since I'm not that good with low handling wheels.

I'd use koopa since he's the coolest feather charater.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
You guys want to do a team tourney? We don't have to do Nitro/Retro now, it's what you guys want. :p Though tbh, I would like if we did Nitro/Retro sometime soon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If we're talking weight extremes, then I'll probably go to the Feather class. I've been able to utilize the Roller tires quite well after all, and the Egg 1 is top notch with its sea speed. The Paraglider is self-explanatory.

In terms of the Heavy class, while I have utilized the Monster tires a good number of times, I'm not exactly comfortable with using a combo that has less than 1.75 acceleration in a GP race.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I always end up using the oddball weight, they always make my favorite characters that way ^_^
Pretty much everyone here uses feather or light.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least the Cruiser class characters can have their acceleration set up to 4, making them more reliable than the Heavy class characters.

Sometimes, it just feels nice to give heavier characters lighter parts, and vice versa.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I prefer Feather Weights. Never liked the Heavy characters in any MK game. They just didn't feel right.

Also, we could have a GP with nothing but Miis. I would imagine that could be pretty fun.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yeah, I prefer Feather Weights. Never liked the Heavy characters in any MK game. They just didn't feel right.

Also, we could have a GP with nothing but Miis. I would imagine that could be pretty fun.
I started using heavy weights later on.

Super Mario Kart: Luigi/Yoshi
Mario Kart 64: Luigi/Toad
Mario Kart Super Circuit: Luigi
Mario Kart Double Dash: Wario+King Boo
Mario Kart DS: Luigi
Mario Kart Wii: King Boo/Dry Bones/Midsized Mii
Mario Kart 7: Wario/Shy Guy

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For me it's:

Super Mario Kart: Yoshi
Mario Kart 64: Yoshi
Mario Kart Super Circuit: Yoshi
Mario Kart Double Dash: Yoshi+Paratroopa/Daisy+Toadette
Mario Kart DS: Yoshi
Mario Kart Wii: Daisy/Yoshi
Mario Kart 7: Yoshi

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't try to hit you.
Honey queen is just the worst character to ever be in an mk game(IMO) along with wiggler.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't try to hit you.
Honey queen is just the worst character to ever be in an mk game(IMO) along with wiggler.
I agree. What was Nintendo even thinking? Wiggler is more understandable to include in a MK game, but I don't see the appeal of adding Honey Bee in.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I dont think we are going to do a tourney this weekend(superbowl? Idk?)
We are just planning our next tourney, everyone is welcome to make suggestions for tourneys :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah imma be busy this weekend until an hour or so after the superbowl. I might be up for friendlies then though.

EDIT: I literally just typed out a good 5 paragraphs and crashboards just deleted it... So yeah, that really sucked. But what I was going to say is, Im going to be making a huge post on basically everything in this game and how to improve/familiarize/etc on everything. Imma be posting a lot of in depth stuff and on all parts of the game, so I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on pretty much anything so I can try to help you all, and myself, out as best I can.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>

EDIT: I literally just typed out a good 5 paragraphs and crashboards just deleted it... So yeah, that really sucked. But what I was going to say is, Im going to be making a huge post on basically everything in this game and how to improve/familiarize/etc on everything. Imma be posting a lot of in depth stuff and on all parts of the game, so I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on pretty much anything so I can try to help you all, and myself, out as best I can.
I'd love to hear this kind of stuff since I felt kinda turned off last Sunday if everybody but me knew all the tricks, shortcuts, etc.

Even though it's my fault for not spending time finding out all this stuff, but I'll be honest and say I'm feeling too lazy to find out every little thing about the game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been playing a lot lately and have been enjoying it. I would be happy to play with the people here.

FC is 2492-4449-2771.

I don't know the broken mechanics in this game, so I've just stuck with Bowser, some heavy Kart (usually the Barrel Train), and Gold Tires.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'll add you reflex :)
And neo bowser city and BC are great tracks.

Peachy you wanna start planning the next tourney?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dont worry, I tend to **** up a lot of Neo Bowser as well, usually tends to be my lack of Off-Road (which btw, might I add is a VERY underrated stat, and imo definitely one of the Top 5 most important from my experience). BC1 has never really been a problem for me though, but thats usually because Im really good at holding a lead on stages like that with corners you can jump (a reason I tend to dominate in PPS ;)) so I dont usually have a problem there.

I still hate Water stages due to my lack of Stability (and the fact that EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD uses either Egg 1 or Cloud 9, and half of them also Wood wheels, which brings out that weakness of mine even more), but my worst stage tbh is probably Rosalina's Ice World. Ive never really worked on improving there, and I tend to make a lot of mistakes, even when I have good OR. Dunno why, but that stage hates me lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What stat affects the slide on "slippery" stages?

Also, how much of a difference is there between light characters and heavy characters with gliding possibilities?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You don't need great off-road on Neo Bowser. I love that map, one of my favs, but thats because I prefer to have a high MT. High MT plus Neo Bowser means that if you get a lead and are perfect with your drifts, then you'll easily gain a huge lead there.

If anything, I noticed how handling and off-road affects your grip on slippery stages such as Ice World. But the slide doesn't really matter all too much, as it is nonexistent on Neo Bowser, and the only stage that has such a heavy effect is Ice World. But then again, I could be wrong, as I don't play this game as often as I used to anymore.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It still seems to slow you down much more whenever you have to turn. Handling affects how much speed you lose when you turn, and so it appears to suck for low Handling/Off-Road karts, since even if you drift perfectly, the slight turning still slows you down a great deal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dont worry, I tend to **** up a lot of Neo Bowser as well, usually tends to be my lack of Off-Road (which btw, might I add is a VERY underrated stat, and imo definitely one of the Top 5 most important from my experience). BC1 has never really been a problem for me though, but thats usually because Im really good at holding a lead on stages like that with corners you can jump (a reason I tend to dominate in PPS ;)) so I dont usually have a problem there.

I still hate Water stages due to my lack of Stability (and the fact that EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD uses either Egg 1 or Cloud 9, and half of them also Wood wheels, which brings out that weakness of mine even more), but my worst stage tbh is probably Rosalina's Ice World. Ive never really worked on improving there, and I tend to make a lot of mistakes, even when I have good OR. Dunno why, but that stage hates me lol.
Well, the Roller, Slim, and Wood tires, are the best set of wheels for sea purposes. Of course, only the Roller and Wood tires offer a sea speed boost.

Regarding Rosalina's Ice World, it's true that a combo with high sea speed has the upper hand, but I've seen people win at Wario Shipyard with the B Dasher + Gold Tires combo (a combo that's supposed to be lackluster while underwater).

Most of the time, I only use the Monster, Red Monster, Roller, Slim, and Wood tires, but the first two wheels are obviously bad underwater (of course, the Egg 1 would grant them up to 3.5 sea speed).

Also, earlier, I tried using a pure gold combo on Wi-Fi, and needless to say, it ended badly. The Gold Tires truly are a jinx for me.

Top Bottom