• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been using full Gold lately. It's not much different from what I've been using, and at least it's stylish. :p

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I wonder if how long we will talk about stats lol.
I think every is already pretty informed.

Edit:pure gold=Troll combo

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know anything about the hidden stats and how much they help. I just know that it irritates me that someone with no Speed stat can keep up with me despite my staying safe.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Off-Road (which btw, might I add is a VERY underrated stat, and imo definitely one of the Top 5 most important from my experience)
Very lazy to dig up a quote, but vaguely remember you describing off road as dumb multiple times lol. It's... okay, but tbh, there's not like, any shortcuts you can abuse with a high offroad in this game like MKW. It's underrated because it's pretty pointless in this game.

I'd rank the stats as:
1. Accel
2. Speed
3. Sea Speed
4/5/6. Handling/Sea Handling/MT
7. Air Handling
8. Weight
9. Offroad
10. Air Speed
11. Stability
12. Drift

EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD uses either Egg 1
Gosh, just me and Travis.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is Acceleration that important because it's Mario Kart-y 7, and items slapping you across the face is inevitable?

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well, that's just my opinion. It didn't mean much in MKW, but this game has a lot more bull**** and after playing a character with low accel to switching to a character with higher accel, I can definitely say it made a huge improvement and made me value it more than just speed. Just my opinion though so bleh.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It helps you recovery faster, if you feel like you're getting hit by items a lot or people with Star Man activated it helps. Even with shields up to protect you from being hit by say shells and such you can still get hit. It happens a lot. Plus if you have high speed it helps greatly.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Not only that, but the hit boxes online can be screwy due to latency issues. Especially those green shells. On my screen, I am completely safe as it passes me, but actually, it hits me.

Plus the fact that I hit a person with LSD mode activated, or Bullet Bill's angry mode on, it doesn't hit anybody like it should. Offline, its freaking powerful. Online its the double tap.

But yeah, I find myself losing because someone got a lucky item at the very end and screwed me over. Acceleration is more important, but Speed comes next.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I feel like the lag isn't difficult to adjust to. I am pretty competent at leading green shells ahead of the target to account for it.

Acceleration, Handling, and Off-Road are for the weak.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I have somewhat moderate Acceleration and higher speed but my handling is always my lowest then off-road being second lowest. I never set up a balance. So far I've been just setting up my kart to how I want it to look despite the stats. The lag is alright, I've had my bad share of BS from lag but to me it is fine.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's what I hear. I played it a little when it came out, and I was pretty solid at it. Bowser/Flame Runner.

Eff Funky Kong, though.

BSP

Smash Legend
I like Funky as a character and all, but Nintendo randomly making him the best was lame.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm pretty much fine with anyone in heavy. I still can't stand going light though; way too much getting pushed around for my tastes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Few things in Mario Kart are as satisfying as manhandling a light kart off the track through sheer aggression.

BSP

Smash Legend
Few things in Mario Kart are as satisfying as manhandling a light kart off the track through sheer aggression.
Gotta agree lol. In MKW, when Funky Stadium is picked, my first move is to try to ram the other people off of the starting ramp.

Feelsgoodman

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If you're fast enough, then you can't be rammed out of the way. Enjoy my dust trails. =D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD uses either Egg 1
I use the Egg 1 too. You just never raced against me while I'm using it.

Is Acceleration that important because it's Mario Kart-y 7, and items slapping you across the face is inevitable?
Well, that's just my opinion. It didn't mean much in MKW, but this game has a lot more bull**** and after playing a character with low accel to switching to a character with higher accel, I can definitely say it made a huge improvement and made me value it more than just speed. Just my opinion though so bleh.
Yeah you usually have an easier time with high accelerators than with the low accelerators. But it is important to keep note that accelerating quickly doesn't really help if you're constantly getting crushed by item abuse.

It helps you recovery faster, if you feel like you're getting hit by items a lot or people with Star Man activated it helps. Even with shields up to protect you from being hit by say shells and such you can still get hit. It happens a lot. Plus if you have high speed it helps greatly.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to get 4.75 acceleration AND strong speed. You could always go Feather + Soda Jet + Slim + Paraglider (or Swooper) if you want average speed, and strong acceleration.

I feel like the lag isn't difficult to adjust to. I am pretty competent at leading green shells ahead of the target to account for it.

Acceleration, Handling, and Off-Road are for the weak.
I've tried using faster combos on Wi-Fi, and the item abuse can easily cripple those combos. All the speed in the world can't help you if you can't even avoid getting attacked, especially when Spiny Shells pop up.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can we move all this stat discussion to the other thread and start planning a tourney? Do we wanna a team tourney, a team extremes tourney or what?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What stat affects the slide on "slippery" stages?

Also, how much of a difference is there between light characters and heavy characters with gliding possibilities?
Off-Road does.

And there is BARELY a difference between weight classes.

You don't need great off-road on Neo Bowser. I love that map, one of my favs, but thats because I prefer to have a high MT. High MT plus Neo Bowser means that if you get a lead and are perfect with your drifts, then you'll easily gain a huge lead there.

If anything, I noticed how handling and off-road affects your grip on slippery stages such as Ice World. But the slide doesn't really matter all too much, as it is nonexistent on Neo Bowser, and the only stage that has such a heavy effect is Ice World. But then again, I could be wrong, as I don't play this game as often as I used to anymore.
OR makes stages like those, hella easier, try it yourself.

It still seems to slow you down much more whenever you have to turn. Handling affects how much speed you lose when you turn, and so it appears to suck for low Handling/Off-Road karts, since even if you drift perfectly, the slight turning still slows you down a great deal.
Yes, turning on stages that need OR WILL slow you down if you dont have enough.

Well, the Roller, Slim, and Wood tires, are the best set of wheels for sea purposes. Of course, only the Roller and Wood tires offer a sea speed boost.

Regarding Rosalina's Ice World, it's true that a combo with high sea speed has the upper hand, but I've seen people win at Wario Shipyard with the B Dasher + Gold Tires combo (a combo that's supposed to be lackluster while underwater).

Most of the time, I only use the Monster, Red Monster, Roller, Slim, and Wood tires, but the first two wheels are obviously bad underwater (of course, the Egg 1 would grant them up to 3.5 sea speed).

Also, earlier, I tried using a pure gold combo on Wi-Fi, and needless to say, it ended badly. The Gold Tires truly are a jinx for me.
...Yeah, I know, I win on Wario's Shipyard and such all the time, I just dislike Water cuz in the combos I use I have to really outplay to win.

I don't know anything about the hidden stats and how much they help. I just know that it irritates me that someone with no Speed stat can keep up with me despite my staying safe.
Hidden stats are here: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7#Stat_Boosts

Also, Speed and stats arent everything. Knowing lines is FAR moe important than what youre driving.

Very lazy to dig up a quote, but vaguely remember you describing off road as dumb multiple times lol. It's... okay, but tbh, there's not like, any shortcuts you can abuse with a high offroad in this game like MKW. It's underrated because it's pretty pointless in this game.

I'd rank the stats as:
1. Accel
2. Speed
3. Sea Speed
4/5/6. Handling/Sea Handling/MT
7. Air Handling
8. Weight
9. Offroad
10. Air Speed
11. Stability
12. Drift

lol, scrub, thats wrong in so many ways

Accel in this game is VERY important. Imo, the 3 most important stats are Speed, Accel, and Mini-Turbo, and you should be going for at least a 3.5 in each category. It's alright to be a little short somewhere, but really, try and keep those 3 stats above the 2s.

Also, dont listen to anyone who says Sea Speed is important. The Wario's Shipyard World Record, while it IS held by a good Sea Speed car, only has a Land Speed car beat by 3ish seconds, and less than 10 tracks in the game (this is including ones like Maka Wuhu) actually have Water you can go into. Trust me, it's not THAT helpful. It's a good stat, but not great. Also, Stability is widely considered as the most helpful water stat.

scrubbbbb

Trust, me, every race, your going to get hit. You might get a race once every 50 races where you dont, but still, 98% of the time you're going to need it, and 10 of those races it will directly decide how you place.

Anyway, I stopped reading everything I missed there.

For the tournament, I say just a regular 2v2v2v2 Teams match.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Regular 2v2v2v2 sounds good, who will host? Can we get it in the thread title and start sign ups soon?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I suppose I'll get to see for myself once I play with some of you. It should be a good time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I may be able to join this team tourney, but I'm unsure about who to pair up with. Airgemini may be one pick, since we have both utilized similar combos; his Peach + Egg 1 + Wood + Paraglider, and my Yoshi + Egg 1 + Roller + Paraglider.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I was thinking about doing the upcoming tourney, but I'll be busy with one of two things: RE or I'll be out of the house.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the tourney is Sunday, I can't attend anyways. I was going to play with Gatlin, but yeah, probably can't attend.

Gatlin uses the Egg and Wood as well and he's not bad at all so you two could possibly enter together.
Well, we'll know for sure once we get a good date for this tourney.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
If you guys want a good partner look at the previous results and send a message to the person you want to team with.
There is lots of good players here :)

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
If you guys want a good partner look at the previous results and send a message to the person you want to team with.
There is lots of good players here :)
Box is trying to make sure no one picks me because I don't exist on them. ;-;

I promise I'm better now. :mad:
Honey Queen was just.... a mistake. Forgive me pls.

Top Bottom