• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have an idea for a program, I'm trying to work more on muscular endurance, stamina, and cutting down, while hopefully still having some gains in my lifts.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm finding it suprisingly hard to take in the correct amount of calories everyday. I haven't failed yet but it feels like... work. XD

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm finding it suprisingly hard to take in the correct amount of calories everyday. I haven't failed yet but it feels like... work. XD
Man you're watching exact calorific intake?

I'm just stuffing my face as much as I can. :/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's impossible to gauge when you're eating out constantly like I am. Although, for packaged foods, I tend to only focus on two things: 1) how much protein; 2) how little fat -- especially that nasty trans-fat.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's what she said.
Really? I feel sorry for you then if she's telling you to take it slow.

Most of my eating comes from home cooking, so it's naturally easier for me to see how many calories I'm getting. If you're eating out often, you can try looking up on the fast food websites (or wherever it is you eat), and see if they have a nutrition fact.

Cooking your own food is the best way to go. Plus, you learn something useful for future use. Women love a guy who can cook xP.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
It's impossible to gauge when you're eating out constantly like I am. Although, for packaged foods, I tend to only focus on two things: 1) how much protein; 2) how little fat -- especially that nasty trans-fat.
not necessarily. ezr than ppl think, esp if u have regular stops

should also look at carbs n cals, depending on what ur goals r

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang dude that sucks. What did you break? I remember when my broke my hand in 8th grade, there was a lot of rehab and strength training involved in getting it back to normal.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
19 weeks for a scaphiod? that doesnt sound right at all. unless you got your hand run over by a truck, i can't see that being the case. 8-12 weeks is a general rule.

oh, and stop punching things to avoid future incidents ;)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Doc said 12-25 total, and it's already been 6. Next time I go in is October 22 so it's guaranteed to be at least 6 more. And even if it is just 6 more, between physical therapy and an atrophied wrist, I wont be back to lifting for a while :(

Attila_

BRoomer
wow. i was taking the piss. soz bro.

was your scaphiod the only thing that broke? in that case, you're actually pretty lucky.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I'm gonna start lifting weights back up this upcoming Monday. One big difference between my regime starting tomorrow and before is that I'll be working out in the afternoon. Normally, I mix milk with my whey protein cause I come back from the gym around 11 pm 12 am. Now that I'll be working out earlier, I was thinking of mixing my whey protein with water, because the casein and lactose in milk results in slower digestion. What's worrying me is that it may affect the digestion of the whey as well. So should I switch to water in the afternoon, and have a small shake at night using milk? Or can I keep going with milk protein shakes in the afternoon?

Attila_

BRoomer
you shouldn't be having casein after a workout anyway. digests far too slowly to be much use.

and water is always better, cause the lactose in milk screws with digestion speeds in general. have milk separately.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I better not be getting ****ing sick.

So much momentum I have right now, uggghhhhhhh.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
you shouldn't be having casein after a workout anyway. digests far too slowly to be much use.

and water is always better, cause the lactose in milk screws with digestion speeds in general. have milk separately.
I figure casein protein is good to have before going to bed? It's why I used to mix my shakes in with milk when I used to lift weights at night. I'd come home, drink my shake and go to bed an hour or so later.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I got a bit too pumped at the gym today. I did an hour of spin, then I immediately moved to the weights where I busted my calf whilst trying to lift heavy weights with it.

I'm outta action for a while... :c

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Creatine is so hax, gotta love it.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Is this "pump" business going to make me able to do more reps and of bigger weights or is just an appearance thing? I really dont care if my arms look all veiny; I just want bigger gains.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Take Creatine, raises levels of ATP, the universal energy carrier in all cells. Basically you'll be able to perform far more work with your muscles, so you can give them a much better workout.

It doesn't actually make your muscles bigger directly, just lets you work harder by providing extra energy. Whey protein after workouts ftw, and a Casein supplement at night because the gelatinous clot breaks down slowly and keeps nitrogen levels elevated overnight. Very good idea.

Costly regime though, I'd go with just Creatine if you're looking for a moneysaver. XD

M.K

Level 55
That stuff sounds nice. Too bad my parents would probably fuss me out over taking it.

Has anyone seen the chocolate bars that supposedly cause you to burn more fat while giving you energy? Honestly, I could care less about the burning fat part, the ENERGY these things gives you is PHENOMENAL.
Supposedly it blocks your body's natural reaction to use the energy you have in your stomach and instead goes directly to your fat stores for energy. You sweat a ****ing ton, but you have so much energy.

I'll give the name if anyone wants them.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why didn't you mention the name off the bat? :p

Current Subway: Tuna foot-long with shredded cheddar and ranch + Dr. Pepper.

I'm eating a tube sock filled with tuna and salt, oh god. Probably the best pre-workout dinner imo.

Top Bottom