• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
:4feroy: + (Why is Roy going DOWN guys pls)
:4marth:-
:4lucina:+
Marth being TWO whole tiers above Lucina makes no sense. Marth's tipper makes him slightly better. They should realistically be in the same tier for essentially being the same character - I find even one tier difference debatable, but... two?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marth being TWO whole tiers above Lucina makes no sense. Marth's tipper makes him slightly better. They should realistically be in the same tier for essentially being the same character - I find even one tier difference debatable, but... two?
Roy and Lucena yes

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
I can't even think about that...such horror there
I recently picked up Villager again.
I stopped trying to use him online, the slightest input delay made him impossible to use since he needs constant pressure zoning to be any good.
I can't imagine Jigglypuff with how precise you need to be with her spacing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I stopped trying to use him online, the slightest input delay made him impossible to use since he needs constant pressure zoning to be any good.
Reminds of Hungrybox's best Smash 4 rest ever. That itself could make her mid tier.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4drmario: Not gonna stop until he stays tier 5. WAY underrated.
+1 :4gaw: Too many combo options and kill moves to be this low.
+1 :4feroy: For sure not worse than Marth. (Both should be tier 4 IMO.) Changing my vote:
-1 :4charizard: Whoa now, you're too high. Definitely not better than Lucina, Doc, Link, or Game & Watch.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's everything you hate about lag multiplied by 5. And the dropped inputs, Jesus Christ, the dropped inputs.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm just going to point out that lag and a characters ability in lag has no bearing on a tier list whatsoever, since the vast majority of competitive tournaments take place in a lagless local environment. Not that I thought any of you thought that but just in case.
Sorry for using this for practically every one of my votes, I just have a really hard time sorting things out without a visual to rely on.

1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu:

2::4luigi: :rosalina: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4ryu:

3: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach:

4: :4dk: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4marth: :4wiifit:

5: :4feroy: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk: :4charizard:

6: :4drmario: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4gaw: :4dedede: :4palutena:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4mewtwo: :4samus: :4zelda:

8: :4miigun:

I am happy that :4luigi: finally got into tier 2 and won't be stuck in Limbo jumping up and down from 3 to 1 and 1 to 3 every update.

:4mewtwo:,:4samus:, and :4zelda: all get a -1. These three are the only real bottom tier characters if you were to ask me.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I once tried to use Pikachu online with lag. And it was hell too. Quick attack would always make him go in random directions, rather than where I told him to go, and if it did go in the right direction, the second hit woudn't register.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
lol at all the Marth down votes because he's higher than Roy, after everyone was downvoting him last time.

For the record, I think Marth is fine where he is, certainly has the tools to beat all below him. Roy however, is too low. Roy deserves to be up in tier 4, above Marth, nuff said.

Lucina also deserves to be closer to Marth. Not too much difference between them.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Roy is going down because last time people thought he was too high up, so instead of saying "I think this character is better/as good as Roy", loads of people downvoted him. In the same vein, lots of people last time also voted up Marth because in reality, he is actually a solid character (not on Roy's level mind, but I think he's got differences enough to be considered good in his own right). This is why I look what others have voted before posting. Some people may have already given my point across, so I can use my vote on another character.

I agree with your Roy and Lucina votes heavily. Why the Marth downvote though? Not saying your opinion is wrong, just curious. Personally, I think Roy>Marth>Lucina, with Roy and Marth actually being in the same tier, but with a few gaps between them.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Roy is going down because last time people thought he was too high up, so instead of saying "I think this character is better/as good as Roy", loads of people downvoted him. In the same vein, lots of people last time also voted up Marth because in reality, he is actually a solid character (not on Roy's level mind, but I think he's got differences enough to be considered good in his own right). This is why I look what others have voted before posting. Some people may have already given my point across, so I can use my vote on another character.

I agree with your Roy and Lucina votes heavily. Why the Marth downvote though? Not saying your opinion is wrong, just curious. Personally, I think Roy>Marth>Lucina, with Roy and Marth actually being in the same tier, but with a few gaps between them.
Marth has 6 downvotes already. At this rate, he'll be back in tier 6. I agree with people downvoting him because he and Lucina should be on the same tier IMO, and I think tier 5 is the perfect spot for both of them.

Vivillon32238

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0963-0482-8078
+1 :4palutena:She does not deserve to be lower than Dedede.
+1 :4iggy:
+1 :4miigun: Mii Gunner isn't THAT bad guys.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I'm definitely of the same opinion of Roy>Marth>Lucina too. I personally would put Roy in a higher tier than Marth though. The downvote for Marth wasn't because I don't think he's good - I'm just trying to pull Marth and Lucina closer together. I don't have a very heavy opinion on which tier they should be in - just that they should realistically be in the same tier, whatever it is. If I could put them both in a tier it would be 4 or 5 - not too sure which one.

D

Deleted member

This thread would be way better if characters could only go up or down 1 tier per voting round considering thats what you're voting for.

-1 :4shulk:
-1:4charizard:
+1:4diddy:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Can't wait till the custom tier list. Ganondorf and Mario will be top tier.
Pit's girl is a mid tier at best, Palutena being low tier is just disgraceful.
Pit is 12, Palutena is several hundred years old. She takes the form of a 22 year-old woman. Calling her "Pit's girl" is rather disturbing.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
-1 :4kirby:: Said it before and I'll say it again. He struggles too much to be this high. Combos don't make a character good (example, samus).
-1 :4ryu:: good but not THIS good, still don't know too much about him.
+1 :4ganondorf:: Not good, but not this low. In good hands, Ganon is a monster. (source: played best Ganon in Ontario in pools at EXP, almost took first game but got shrekt 2nd game)

Pit is 12, Palutena is several hundred years old. She takes the form of a 22 year-old woman. Calling her "Pit's girl" is rather disturbing.
Ganon doesn't become top tier with customs, he just becomes better.

Mario on the other hand...

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ganon doesn't become top tier with customs, he just becomes better.

Mario on the other hand...
I know, I was exaggerating. He probably goes to around mid tier. Mario, Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Ike, Ganondorf, R.O.B., a whole lot of people become even better with customs.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
+ :4yoshi:
- :4duckhunt:
- :4jigglypuff: jesus christ this character is garbage how are you people so blind

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Well Pit is 13(12 is close enough), and Palutena can be his girl, just not in a dating kinda way. Like how women in high school call their female friends girl all the time, but with Pit instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
User was warned for this post
All kinds of yes in this extremly super sexy post.
Fixed.

Seriously though, it's no that hard to understand. They're best friends and have a very healthy relationship. If we were talking about the Japanese version of Pit, then that's a whole different story.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4miigun:Out of the current bottom 6, I don't think that Mii Gunner is the worst. I do think that other characters could go down, but at this point, they are all much closer to even down there.
+:4lucina:Yes, not having tipper hurts, but not THAT much. I could have voted on Marth or Roy, but other people already have that covered.
-:4ryu:He is a very solid character, just not tier 2 in my eyes. In the top of tier 3 seems like a better fit.

Routa

Smash Lord
-:4feroy: (please stop blindly following Zero's opinion.. thank you) (tbh I think he might be in wehere he belongs, so ignore this part of my votes)
- :4luigi: (he is good, but as a single main? no so much. I personally think he is outside top 10 (I said it) when we ignore his results and only base his placing on his frame data, theory and MU spreads)
+:4littlemac: (has top lvl ground game (if not the best). only thing that is holding him down is bad stages)
- :4pikachu: (simply cannot see him being in top 5. Only reason why he is placed so high is that Esam is carrying him. In my eyes he should not be in 1 tier and tier 3 looks a far better place for him).

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
- :4feroy: (please stop blindly following Zero's opinion.. thank you)
- :4luigi: (he is good, but as a single main? no so much. I personally think he is outside top 10 (I said it) when we ignore his results and only base his placing on his frame data, theory and MU spreads)
+:4littlemac: (has top lvl ground game (if not the best). only thing that is holding him down is bad stages)
Its not Zeros opinion, its because marths above him.

Top Bottom