• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
+1 :4falco:
-1:4ryu:
-1 :4mario:

Honestly i feel like Falco belongs in teir 4, middle/bottom but still in tier 4, he may not have alot of speed on the ground, but his killing potential and aerial game outrank Fox by far so how can he be so far below him i do not know. Ryu i cannot see being up in tier 2 at all, he is good but not THAT good, same with Mario. How in the hell is mario in tier 2? His recovery is aweful, crap for a range game, i personally just dont understand how Mario is so high up, especially without customs.
As a Falco main I'd just like to point out, in no way does Falco have more killing potential than Fox. The only real reliable kill options Falco has is backair and decently good smash attacks that require reads. However, Fox has kill set ups that are way more reliable to land.

I agree with your placement though, around the bottom of fourth tier.

On that note, I'd like to use my third vote on Falco.
:4falco:+

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I just think she should be on tier 4, that's a better place for her.
Ok thanks, i was just wondering.

EDIT: I also see a lot of main bias here, is that just me :). Anway, ill put my vote my next post.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
:4marth:-1 I have yet to see any results from this character that would warrant a place in Tier 4.
:4megaman:+1 Unlike the guy above, this guy has some decent representation both in the US and Japan. He also contends well with the top tiers which is really important.
:4shulk:-1 I just think this character's bad lol.

Honestly, the first three tiers are basically perfect in my opinion. Really great job on those. Obviously the mid to low tiers will be harder to get correct, but we'll get there eventually.

Question, when will the tiers be finalized so we can start arranging specific character order in each tier?

Seige

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks, i was just wondering.

EDIT: I also see a lot of main bias here, is that just me :). Anway, ill put my vote my next post.
Most likely. Everyone loves voting their mains... Although I haven't even touched my mains yet (:4sheik::4sonic:)
It's because everyone wants their main to be looked at in a better light.
Edit: Not only that, people are better at judging their mains rather than some random character they don't even use. In my case, I do my alts or characters that seem too low and I know they have potential or vice-versa.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
:4diddy: +1 How a character with multiple top level representatives all doing well and with numerous major wins from ZeRo is somehow tier 3 is beyond me. Diddy owns the neutral, and has decent kill setups and gimping potential.
:4zelda: -1 My vote for the worst character in the game. She's super limited and predictable due to so many useless/situational moves.
:4miisword:+1 I've said it before, but Trela has managed to do fairly well with Swordfighter. He's not high tier, sure, but he is definitely closer to lower mid. People here are apparently still stuck with the memory of him as the worst in the game, despite him getting buffs in basically every patch.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4zelda:+1 I know she's bad but...well.
:4lucina:+1 She should be with Roy I guess?
:4marth:+1 I'm seeing to many downvotes, he should be last in the tier tho. (Yes I know there aren't any placement between tiers yet?

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
:4wario: - 1
:4yoshi: - 1
:4bowserjr: +1

Wario is my main but I have to vote him down. Everyone is saying he's so good but other than Abadango he has almost no results in big tournaments. He has so much potential but you can't put him as high as he is without more results.

Same goes to Yoshi. So little results. Can't have him that high until more people prove it is deserved.

Bowser Jr. cannot be that low because of Tweek. Tweeks is placing so well with the character that he alone makes bowser jr. atleast solid mid tier.

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
:4tlink: +1 Great spacing game with projectiles, speed, variety of kill moves, can even escape grab combos with boomerangs or bombs.
:4lucina: +1 I think two whole tiers behind Marth is a bit of an overstatement.
:4ryu: -1 He loses to quite a few characters below him, and I don't think he has the skill to be tier 2.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Tipper doesn't make Marth immediately better, but Roy's f-smash hilt is an insane kill move
Marth's tipper actually kills earlier than Roy's. I suppose this is offset by the fact that its a bit harder to place a tipper, and because Roy's Fsmash is a bit easier to sweetspot, it's ever so slightly laggier on startup and endlag. I like that they have done things like this to differentiate them as characters a bit more.

Routa

Smash Lord
Many seem to forget that at low lvl people tend to run straight into F-smashes which makes Roy's Fsmash a bit reliable. When you move to mid lvl it becomes a lot harder to get sweetspot Fsmash with Roy and a bit easier (compared to Roy's) to get sweetspot Fsmash with Marth due to its faster speed and how safe it is against shield. Also many people still seem to forget that safe and reliable KO move>stronk KO move. Soon people will that Ike has best Fsmash cause of its power...Why Mario's smashes are good? They are fast and safe on shield.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
+1:4gaw:
+1:4feroy:
+1:4shulk:

Tiers 1-3 look damn near perfect right now at least in my opinion. Watch tomorrows patch mess it up.

Last edited:

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
+1 :4littlemac: - Admittedly he has crap recovery but he has very high reward.
+1 :4feroy: - I'm not sure what's up with the backlash, he has great potential people just refuse to use him.
-1 :4marth: - I will never understand how this guy keeps getting up votes.

Other than these this is actually the best I've seen this list in a long time.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
:4wario: - 1
:4yoshi: - 1
:4bowserjr: +1

Wario is my main but I have to vote him down. Everyone is saying he's so good but other than Abadango he has almost no results in big tournaments. He has so much potential but you can't put him as high as he is without more results.

Same goes to Yoshi. So little results. Can't have him that high until more people prove it is deserved.

Bowser Jr. cannot be that low because of Tweek. Tweeks is placing so well with the character that he alone makes bowser jr. atleast solid mid tier.
Bowser Jr. has some good stuff going for him. He has projectiles to force unsafe approaches, mixups and KO options out of side-b, great recovery, disjoint on every attack, a great combo game, is fairly heavy, and a hurtbox that lets him take less damage. On the other hand, side-b is one of the lead safe moves on shield, his grab is terrible in a metagame that has shielding and playing defensively at its core, a hurt box that makes him take more damage that gets hit by most KO moves and causing him to be KO'ed early for his weight, an up-b that gets gimped by weak hitboxes all of the time, the mechakoopa can be thrown back at you, side-b's super armor is only on the bottom, struggles against almost every projectile, no autocancel aerials, poor out of shield options, a fairly predictable recovery, and to top it all of, some random things that make no sense. F-smash gives no shield pressure and up tilt has a very strange hitbox in front of it.

Jr. has some great representation from players like Tweek and the slightly less known Vicegrip, but this can be attributed mostly to player knowledge of the matchups, something necessary for any aspiring low/mid tier players. His limitations are clearly shown in the later matches of tournaments.

He is my main and favorite character, but i just feel like his bad attributes outweigh the good at the moment. He needs some attention in the updates. At the moment, he seems to be right where he should be in my eyes. At least characters like Kirby and Robin have some grab combos. Feel free to argue against this and please prove me wrong, I want nothing more for this character.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
:4villager: -1 - He's a mid tier at best
:4marth: -1
:4wiifit: -1
I know you have an opinion, but mid-tier? AT BEST!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?. If you think its representation, watch Ranai. REALLY REALLY REALLY Good Japanese player who mains villager. And if you say, But its only one rep, than that means rosa should be mid tier as well!

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I know you have an opinion, but mid-tier? AT BEST!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?. If you think its representation, watch Ranai. REALLY REALLY REALLY Good Japanese player who mains villager. And if you say, But its only one rep, than that means rosa should be mid tier as well!
And Pikachu is bottom tier!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rosalina has more than 1 person maining her though...

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu:

2::4luigi: :rosalina: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4ryu:

3: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach:

4: :4dk: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4marth: :4wiifit:

5: :4feroy: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk: :4charizard:

6: :4drmario: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4gaw: :4dedede: :4palutena:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4mewtwo: :4samus: :4zelda:

8: :4miigun:

+1:4kirby: Okay now he's too low

-1:4marth:HE. IS. NOT. ANYWHERE. CLOSE. TO. THERE. AT. ALL.

+1:4jigglypuff: Haters gonna hate.

Also Browny Browny I thought Samus got enough votes to go down? (Up votes not enough to remove her from -3)
Late ik, but why Kirby, in tier 4, where literally everyone there has someone repping them(Besides Marth and Lucas iirc) and some characters with no results are high, though they should be lower, with no reps because people know they are good, I just wanna hear your thoughts. Also sorry for double post.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean like top level, the only one i saw is dabuz.
That's because he's the most popular(besides Acestarthe3rd of course).

Abadango and Fallen for example

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. has some good stuff going for him. He has projectiles to force unsafe approaches, mixups and KO options out of side-b, great recovery, disjoint on every attack, a great combo game, is fairly heavy, and a hurtbox that lets him take less damage. On the other hand, side-b is one of the lead safe moves on shield, his grab is terrible in a metagame that has shielding and playing defensively at its core, a hurt box that makes him take more damage that gets hit by most KO moves and causing him to be KO'ed early for his weight, an up-b that gets gimped by weak hitboxes all of the time, the mechakoopa can be thrown back at you, side-b's super armor is only on the bottom, struggles against almost every projectile, no autocancel aerials, poor out of shield options, a fairly predictable recovery, and to top it all of, some random things that make no sense. F-smash gives no shield pressure and up tilt has a very strange hitbox in front of it.

Jr. has some great representation from players like Tweek and the slightly less known Vicegrip, but this can be attributed mostly to player knowledge of the matchups, something necessary for any aspiring low/mid tier players. His limitations are clearly shown in the later matches of tournaments.

He is my main and favorite character, but i just feel like his bad attributes outweigh the good at the moment. He needs some attention in the updates. At the moment, he seems to be right where he should be in my eyes. At least characters like Kirby and Robin have some grab combos. Feel free to argue against this and please prove me wrong, I want nothing more for this character.
Yes to all this, problem is i think bjr is one of those chars that if they buff like lets say, nair auto cancel, fsmash breaks shield or even a less laggier/longer grab could make this character sky rocket in tiers. So they should slightly buff him with caution so he remains mid/high tier, if they buff him ala Ike, he could be a monster.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Late ik, but why Kirby, in tier 4, where literally everyone there has someone repping them(Besides Marth and Lucas iirc) and some characters with no results are high, though they should be lower, with no reps because people know they are good, I just wanna hear your thoughts. Also sorry for double post.
Kirby has MikeKirby and TripleR, they havn't done much yet at tournaments, but that's the same with everyone else (Either that, or it was only secondary results) And I consider results useless for tier lists, since if we needed results it'd be showing players

And Browny Browny are we still gonna vote for another two months after this patch, or just do what we would have done if nothing changed? Because Luigi and Samus are the only characters that got even moderate changes that didn't involve customs.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's d-throw nerf was the only major thing changed but can't see it making him too much worse.

Marth and Lucina also took a hit. RIP

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
What changed and how was Luigi's D-throw nerfed?
Down Throw base decreased 75 → 55, growth increased 30 → 83

It can no longer connect to tornado as a kill combo, as it has more knockback growth. Also at low percentages, Luigi's dthrow doesn't throw the opponents as high as it used to, destroying some of his combos. It does grant him a pretty cool combo against :4sheik: though, dthrow to Up B. easy 31% right there.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Yes to all this, problem is i think bjr is one of those chars that if they buff like lets say, nair auto cancel, fsmash breaks shield or even a less laggier/longer grab could make this character sky rocket in tiers. So they should slightly buff him with caution so he remains mid/high tier, if they buff him ala Ike, he could be a monster.
I completely agree with autocanceling being problematic with him, but f-smash is something that you can shield without thinking about it. I don't want it to destroy shields, I just want it to make you fear shielding it. Too bad there's no real buffs as of yet. Just better shield damage on a get up attack and a custom change. What I really want fixed are the hurtbox sizes. The weak one should be harder to hit than the strong one and side-b needs to not be interrupted by weak projectiles like lemons, the things making MegaMan one of his worst matchups.

Side note: I'm predicting that Luigi will now drop way to many tiers here.

Top Bottom