• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I am going to vote AFTER GOML so we have some results for 1.1.6 Bayo and figure out that top tier

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
This is for 1.1.6
:rosalina::4zss::4sheik::4bayonetta::4cloud::4fox::4diddy::4mario::4sonic:
+:4fox:
- (No vote for now, subject to change)

Last edited:

xDantieLx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXDantieLXx
TOP 5
:4bayonetta::rosalina::4sheik::4zss::4cloud2:
TOP 10
:4diddy::4mario::4fox::4sonic::4ryu: (Not pikachu lol)
1.1.6 (we'll see about bayonetta)
TOP 5
:rosalina::4sheik::4zss::4cloud2::4diddy:
TOP 10
:4mario::4bayonetta::4fox::4sonic::4ryu: (Still not pikachu xD)

I dont know about :4cloud2: guys...ive seen his recovery being exploited so hard on top level plays, thats why he is No.4-5 for me PLUS :4sheik: and :4zss: were nerfed pretty hard and they are still getting somewhat better results than him (VoiD, Nairo lol).

Ally results so far are promising thats why i put :4mario: that high and i would say that after :4bayonetta:'s nerfs he (probably) is better than her. And im being very generous with her cuz...i would not put her in TOP 10 after the patch. we'll see how she does after that.

:4sheik: and :4zss:...im not sure about their position because both are (in my opinion) equally good. HOWEVER Sheik has being winning more minor tournaments than ZsS MEANWHILE ZsS has being getting better results than Sheik in mayors (Nairo/MARSS). Their position can be switched and they will be still in a good spot.

As for :4diddy: he has the potential to be the BEST character in the game because how good he does against :4sheik::4zss:and even :4cloud2: without being OP but...he doesnt have that much representation (ZeRo gone missing xD)

:4ryu: well....he has the potential (?) lol

Last edited:

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
Nice tier :)
Considering Rosalina does well against the vast majority of the besides Cloud and Meta Knight. :rosalina:

Zero Suit Samus still getting fantastic results. :4zss:
:4cloud2: Cloud doing very well compared to other DLC characters besides Ryu.
Sheik still getting consistent top 8 and winning tournaments. :4sheik:
:4mario: Mario placing top 2 at two majors and an international this doesn't seem to unreasonable to place them in this order for top 5.
:4mario: and :4cloud: however placement right next to each other is debatable since Cloud while placing so high yet Mario has been getting more consistent high results is controversial on whether I should switch them.

xDantieLx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXDantieLXx
Considering Rosalina does well against the vast majority of the besides Cloud and Meta Knight. :rosalina:

Zero Suit Samus still getting fantastic results. :4zss:
:4cloud2: Cloud doing very well compared to other DLC characters besides Ryu.
Sheik still getting consistent top 8 and winning tournaments. :4sheik:
:4mario: Mario placing top 2 at two majors and an international this doesn't seem to unreasonable to place them in this order for top 5.
:4mario: and :4cloud: however placement right next to each other is debatable since Cloud while placing so high yet Mario has been getting more consistent high results is controversial on whether I should switch them.
i agree with everyithing bro, you saw my top tier list ?

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
i agree with everyithing bro, you saw my top tier list ?
I didn't but I went back to see it. Now Rosalina :rosalina: is kind of the touchy subject as while she is very good but I don't think she'll be number 1 due to her bad match-ups with these two :4cloud::4metaknight: and possibly other characters like :4mewtwo: or :4marth: (just in theroy.) It's possibly that :4sheik: and :4zss: could be the best considering their match-ups and potential.

xDantieLx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXDantieLXx
I didn't but I went back to see it. Now Rosalina :rosalina: is kind of the touchy subject as while she is very good but I don't think she'll be number 1 due to her bad match-ups with these two :4cloud::4metaknight: and possibly other characters like :4mewtwo: or :4marth: (just in theroy.) It's possibly that :4sheik: and :4zss: could be the best considering their match-ups and potential.
:4sheik: no.1 and :4zss: no.2...again xD
We'll see how it goes but we cant forget about :4diddy:

I saw on Faceboonk yesterday some guy saying that ZsS has ''a bad matchup chart'' :confused:

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
:4sheik::4diddy::4zss::rosalina::4mario::4cloud::4fox::4sonic::4bayonetta:

Bayo is always subject to change now, so we'll see what she still can do as time goes on.
I feel the top 3 here could all interchange their positions. Unless a random new patch rolls around I feel these are the top dogs for a long while.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
I personally disagree about this including 1.1.6. We haven't seen the patch in practice yet, so determining where Bayo is will be the purest of crapshoots at this moment (tbf this is probably not too different from the usual voting round haha). IMO of course.

Anyways
:4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4cloud::4fox::4mario::4zss::4sonic::4bayonetta:

Last edited:

xDantieLx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXDantieLXx
:4sheik::4diddy::4zss::rosalina::4mario::4cloud::4fox::4sonic::4bayonetta:

Bayo is always subject to change now, so we'll see what she still can do as time goes on.
I feel the top 3 here could all interchange their positions. Unless a random new patch rolls around I feel these are the top dogs for a long while.
Sheik Diddy and ZsS...i like it

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
A lot of Diddy :4diddy:. I know he's pretty good but really? Is he that good or am I missing something?
The thing that elevates :4diddy: is not his overall matchup spread, but the fact that he has arguably the best top tier matchup spread. Doing good against :4sheik::4zss::4cloud: at the same time is no small feat.

And he has been #2 in results behind Bayo for the last few months.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4fox::4mario::4cloud::4zss::4sonic::4bayonetta:

I'm really interested to see how far Bayo will drop now. She still has some good tools and solid damage racking abilities so that could keep her a decent character. We'll see where she goes.

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
The thing that elevates :4diddy: is not his overall matchup spread, but the fact that he has arguably the best top tier matchup spread. Doing good against :4sheik::4zss::4cloud: at the same time is no small feat.

And he has been #2 in results behind Bayo for the last few months.
Taking a look at :4diddy:Diddy's results are quite impressive now that I look at them a second time. I found Diddy to be top tier character I just could never find many reasons to put him in the top 5 potential.

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
I dont see how fox sonic and even cloud are better than her.
diddy goes toe to toe with her.
She is top 5 AT WORST imo.
but its your tier list afterall.
She's always been second and with Bayo gone she's probably the best lol.

xDantieLx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXDantieLXx
I would love to belive that she is the best (i main her afterall) but the competition for the first place its really tough with bayonetta gone.

Sheik, Diddy, Rosaluma, Cloud and ZsS all of them are strong choices to be no.1

But i personally think that Rosaluma and Sheik are better (barely) than her with cloud and diddy going toe to toe with her. my top 5 after 1.1.6 would be like this:
:rosalina::4sheik::4zss::4cloud2::4diddy:
And the gap between all of them its really small.
Any of them can move a few places (i.e. diddy from 5th to 2nd or cloud from 4th to 1st etc.) but FOR ME that seems a pretty solid top 5

Last edited:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
1: :4bayonetta::rosalina::4diddy::4cloud::4sheik::4zss::4fox::4sonic::4mario:

1: :4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4cloud::4zss::4fox::4bayonetta::4sonic::4mario:
-
:4mario:

Also where is Ryu lol, he is definitely top tier

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:rosalina::4cloud::4zss::4diddy::4mario::4sonic::4sheik::4fox::4bayonetta:
-1:4bayonetta:Her exact placement on the tier list is yet to be determined, but it's pretty much certain that she doesn't have a place in top tier after the patch.
I'm a bit confused by Diddy's sudden influx of #1 placements. He's certainly good, but...:rosalina:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
It's because there aren't really that many RosaLuma players to push her all the way to #1 imo, but she definitely has the potential to now.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Just going to post my ideas at this point and more than likely change it after GOML.

1::4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4sonic::4zss::4cloud2::4mario::4fox::4bayonetta:

-1 :4bayonetta:

Now, WHY are people placing :4sonic:so low on this, even putting him in the 1.5 tier. Sonic has amazing results in Japan with KEN being #1 on a power region last I checked, it might of changed, and Komorikiri still uses him. Seagull, SuperGirlKels, 6WX, and Kid Goggles have used these characters amazingly(Kels got 4th at a tournament with Nairo, Ally, M2K, Holy, and Goggles). He has, imo, one of the best theories out of the entire cast. I would mention more, but I will do that when needed. Also, I feel like all these characters besides Bayo deserve this spot. ALL of these are dominating forces in the meta, which makes smash 4 an amazing game with the diversity in their amazing chars.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:rosalina::4zss::4diddy::4sheik::4cloud::4sonic::4mario::4fox::4bayonetta:(:4ryu:*)

-1 :4bayonetta: Now that her up B and downward ABK are much worse, her ridiculous combos that kept her in Tier 1 are now gone.

And yes, Rosalina has some bad matchups like Meta Knight, but that doesn't mean she can't be #1. In fact, most of her matchups are AT LEAST favorable, and her overall shenanigans will always keep her that high.

EDIT: Switched Sheik and Diddy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll do my best with this, I suppose.

1::4zss::4diddy::rosalina::4bayonetta::4sheik::4cloud::4fox::4sonic::4mario:

1: :4diddy::4bayonetta::4sheik:
1.5: :4cloud::4zss::rosalina::4mario::4sonic::4fox:

1: :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud::4zss:
1.5: :rosalina::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4bayonetta:

:4bayonetta:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
You seem to have forgotten about the nerfs. She's a fine character but I don't even think she is in the top 5 anymore. Her power has been nerfed, her grab reward has been greatly nerfed, her grab still sucks, she's combo food due to her height/weight/fallspeed, etc. I'm not arguing that she isn't good anymore but let's not kid ourselves into thinking she is still top 3, much less second best in the game. I also feel like she is quickly losing relevance as other characters that are more solid climb above her (Diddy, Rosa, Cloud, Fox, Mario, etc).

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
You seem to have forgotten about the nerfs. She's a fine character but I don't even think she is in the top 5 anymore. Her power has been nerfed, her grab reward has been greatly nerfed, her grab still sucks, she's combo food due to her height/weight/fallspeed, etc. I'm not arguing that she isn't good anymore but let's not kid ourselves into thinking she is still top 3, much less second best in the game. I also feel like she is quickly losing relevance as other characters that are more solid climb above her (Diddy, Rosa, Cloud, Fox, Mario, etc).
The nerfs honestly didn't change much about her, she can still do her nair and d-throw combos, they just reduced damage and increased/decreased KBG on some moves. But yeah, I guess you're right about her not being number 1, but I still think she's top 5.

Top Bottom