• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member 269706

:4ryu::4ness::4villager::4pikachu::4metaknight::4mewtwo:

Hey Browny Browny hate to tag ya like this, but what's the plan if this upcoming patch has some major changes? Like, in theory a bit could change which would render the current tier list as inaccurate. (Also thanks a ton for this thread and all the work you put in!)

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
OMG PLEASE TELL ME THEY DON'T TOUCH MY CHARS PLEASE(for real though, I think chars like Diddy, Rosa, Bayo, Cloud need nerfs. AND YES I SAID ROSA)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I honestly don't know where else they could nerf Rosalina. While Rosalina is strong, she struggles far more against other characters than other top tiers. Cloud's introduction and Marth's buffs were two of the biggest and most indirect bad things to happen to her since then. Other top tiers like Bayo, Cloud, Diddy, and heck, even Sheik, don't really have much trouble against other characters as much as Rosalina can.

I honestly would be happy with a few more minor nerfs to Bayo (yes, I said minor. I want her to function as the combo monster still, but if they could somehow do this, yet remove kill combos until high percents, that would be awesome). Perhaps a couple more slaps on the wrist to Cloud wouldn't hurt. How his Up Air hitbox, timing, and AC windows got through the last patch unscathed is beyond me. Any more nerfs would feel unneeded to me.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Unfortunately, while that vote would have been correct a while ago, that's how the old voting system worked, right now we're in phase 2 of the tier list, so the voting's a bit different.
PHASE 2 BEGINS

*IMPORTANT NOTE*

After Phase 2, there will be a few 'wildcard' rounds where we vote on single characters that are the most controversial and also vote on where to split tiers. Right now, this involves the mii fighters and tier 6 which will be voted on whether to merge it with 5, 7, or leave it as it is.

Here, we look at a certain amount of characters per update and this depends on how many characters are in the tiers. We are currently doing tier 3. Please note, Greninja can not be voted on in this round

3::4ryu::4pikachu::4metaknight::4villager::4ness::4mewtwo:(:4greninja:*)

The rules are;
You can rank these characters in ANY WAY that you want. This particular phase is purely measured by averages where each character is rated 1-10 and the average position they get is where they will end up. The actual split in the tiers depends on how big gaps in the average are.

Further to this, people can vote ONE character to move up into tier 2 and ONE character down into tier 4. The character(s) with a clear advantage over the others in this vote will move.

For example, my personal vote is
:4mewtwo::4ness::4ryu::4pikachu::4villager::4metaknight:
No up vote
No down vote

By the way, it helps to remember that you got everyone by copy and pasting the original tier, making the new one via the icons and then deleting that character from the original list as you go along.
Or just go right here http://smashboards.com/threads/swf-community-voted-tier-list-phase-2-16th-may.379736/

Basically, we're just rearranging the characters in tier 3 to our liking, and up and/or down voting one character to another Tier from Tier 3 if we don't feel like they are in the right spot.

Anyways, my personal vote is :4ryu::4pikachu::4metaknight::4villager::4mewtwo::4ness:
+ :4ryu:
Ah, thank you for that. I didn't know.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I honestly don't know where else they could nerf Rosalina. While Rosalina is strong, she struggles far more against other characters than other top tiers. Cloud's introduction and Marth's buffs were two of the biggest and most indirect bad things to happen to her since then. Other top tiers like Bayo, Cloud, Diddy, and heck, even Sheik, don't really have much trouble against other characters as much as Rosalina can.

I honestly would be happy with a few more minor nerfs to Bayo (yes, I said minor. I want her to function as the combo monster still, but if they could somehow do this, yet remove kill combos until high percents, that would be awesome). Perhaps a couple more slaps on the wrist to Cloud wouldn't hurt. How his Up Air hitbox, timing, and AC windows got through the last patch unscathed is beyond me. Any more nerfs would feel unneeded to me.
I think Ryu is an example of a good way of implementing a 'combo monster' into Smash. Maybe they could take his hard-to-function-but-very-combo-oriented style, and add more to flesh her out more, rather than her current easy-to-use-yet-very-good-regardless-of-skill-level kind of playstyle.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
he has too much range and jumps too high and runs too fast and is too heavy and does too much damage and launches you too far
just not all at the same time
Ah I see.
His frame data is also exponentially amazing to keep him a solid top tier.
:secretkpop:

Browny

Smash Hater
:4ryu::4ness::4villager::4pikachu::4metaknight::4mewtwo:

Hey Browny Browny hate to tag ya like this, but what's the plan if this upcoming patch has some major changes? Like, in theory a bit could change which would render the current tier list as inaccurate. (Also thanks a ton for this thread and all the work you put in!)
Then we rush this list, like, 2 days to finish it up. we only have top tier left to vote for and a vote on what to do with tiers 3 and 7

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
In case we decide to rush the list, I'm just going to get my vote out there now if that's okay.

2. :4ryu::4villager::4ness::4pikachu::4metaknight::4mewtwo:

No up vote.
-1 :4mewtwo:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I just want to remind you all that while 1.1.6 is coming, it was never confirmed when it was coming, only "sometime this month". It's not forced to come with the maintenance, and it's not forced to come this week. For all we know, it could come next Tuesday when no maintenance is planned.

Just don't be expecting anything straight away.

In fact, as of the time of this post, the only maintenance that is scheduled for both Wii U and 3DS at the same time is on the 20th. However, like they're doing with Super Mario Maker on the 19th, you'd think they'd at least mention Smash is going to be updated, but who knows.

Link to the maintenance page: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

But I hope the patch changes things up again (with mainly buffs to bottom to mid tiers). It's so exciting to see what's changed and how their changes affect the metagame and their placements in the tier list.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I wouldn't be surprised if, when it does come, it's a big one. I have no doubt that Bayonetta and possibly even Cloud will get notable nerfs. I also wouldn't be surprised if some more characters got buffs which just means even more tourney presence for certain currently underplayed characters. I'm really hoping for mistakes like Dedede and Jigglypuff to be cleared up as well.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
As of right now, if I've counted correctly, the results for upvotes and downvotes are:

Ryu: +12
Villager: +2
Mewtwo: 0
Meta Knight: -1
Ness: -2
Pikachu: -3

It seems really likely to me that Ryu will move up to tier 1. It also seems really unlikely that anyone else will move up. Will anyone fall down a tier?

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
I wouldn't be surprised if, when it does come, it's a big one. I have no doubt that Bayonetta and possibly even Cloud will get notable nerfs. I also wouldn't be surprised if some more characters got buffs which just means even more tourney presence for certain currently underplayed characters. I'm really hoping for mistakes like Dedede and Jigglypuff to be cleared up as well.
Eheheh, "mistakes".
Sad but true

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Alright, seeing those results, I've changed my Ryu upvote to a Meta Knight upvote as a countervote.

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
This is really funny to me, because i feel like i have seen this exact list but reversed already. This tier is so controversial apparently.
Really? I obviously didn't just reverse someone's list. This is my legit opinion. This is definitely the most diverse tier voting session so far.

Browny

Smash Hater
Alright, seeing those results, I've changed my Ryu upvote to a Meta Knight upvote as a countervote.
It wont matter, Ryu is too far ahead. At the moment, no one else would be moving down.

Since this patch apparently only affects Bayonetta, we will keep going as normal. I will however, hold a separate vote on bayo after a week of the patch releasing.

So at the current schedule we will finish voting on this tier probably today. Tier one will last 4-5 days. Then 2-3 days to vote on merging tiers/split of the characters, then a final vote on bayo, then the wildcard round.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
It wont matter, Ryu is too far ahead. At the moment, no one else would be moving down.

Since this patch apparently only affects Bayonetta, we will keep going as normal. I will however, hold a separate vote on bayo after a week of the patch releasing.

So at the current schedule we will finish voting on this tier probably today. Tier one will last 4-5 days. Then 2-3 days to vote on merging tiers/split of the characters, then a final vote on bayo, then the wildcard round.
When did they mention bayo

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think you're going to have wait far longer than a week to get a reasonable vote on Bayo Browny Browny

Remember how long people thought Sheik was "unplayable" after her nerfs? Or Diddy Kong?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Quite frankly, I find the #1 spot hard to determine. Diddy seems likely, but he still has common meh MUs mentioned by his mains. And bayo won't be #1 after these nerfs

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Honestly imo it would be best to just make this particular list stop with 1.1.5 and ignore 1.1.6. Its literally changing only one character, and we don't know how good they really are for probably 3-4 weeks after the patch comes out. Whenever that actually happens.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
If we are voting for 1.1.5:

1. :4diddy::4bayonetta::4sheik::4cloud::4sonic::4zss::4mario::rosalina::4fox:

For 1.1.6:

1. :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud::4sonic::4zss::4mario::rosalina::4fox:
-1 :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud2:BL :rosalina::4zss::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4bayonetta2: Taking 1.1.6 in account.
1: :4diddy::4bayonetta2::4sheik::4cloud2:BL :rosalina::4zss::4mario::4sonic::4fox: Taking 1.1.5 in account
I personally don't think Bayonetta actually needs to go down a tier, her kit's still amazing overall imo, and I feel she's going to continue being a major threat in tournies, but who knows for certain, it's not even been a day. Luckily though, with all these major tournies coming up we'll see very soon whether or not my line of thought's correct, she won't be a mystery for long.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
1.1.6:
1: :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud2::rosalina::4zss:
1.5: :4fox::4sonic::4mario::4bayonetta2:

1.1.5:
1: :4bayonetta2::4diddy::4sheik::4cloud2:
1.5: :rosalina::4zss::4fox::4sonic::4mario:

I'm really unsure about ZSS's position nowadays, so for now she gets to keep status quo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom