• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member

What? Where did you hear that?

1. Here's a spread sheet from the Roy forums themselves.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uINVBF6g0H0zixaQp1oYkYZgg4oMPD4Wf5wlGZpDOq0/edit#gid=0

2. He isn't even Bottom 5 when it comes to Bracket Presence:

http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-for-wii-u.8/league/teams

3. And his recent brackets aren't even that awful.

http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-for-wii-u.8/league/team?rank=0&value=0&team=roy

For instance, he got 2nd at a regional with 69 in attendance and on a solo run.

(Although, even the Roy players did concede that the buffs have probably made Marth a stronger character than him.)

Please guys. A lot of stuff in regards to Roy was well covered on page 260. Let's not start another Roy debate. :urg:
To be fair, I can see where he is coming from. Roy's results on a national level are weak, but he does okay in locals and regionals. I still agree with your post though.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Wow...Roy is trash huh?

How does Luigi fare now?
Luigi? Luigi is still cool. He can still do things. It's a shame none of his players seem to attend or place in nationals now, but he still has his combo game, great Nair, surprisingly good recovery when used well, fast smashes etc.

Though in light of recent patches and stuff, I can't say how he's changed. He still struggles against top tiers IMO, and some other niche counters to him (like Marth and Samus) have all been buffed heavily since his nerfing. But Luigi is still solid. Somewhere within the 18th-22nd range if you were to ask me to pick out of the blue.

D

Deleted member

I still love how :4samus: got a notable result after her buffs (9th at FOW Saga, courtesy of Jonny Westside) and yet she's still getting downvoted. Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
:4sheik: -1 - Sheik is still a very good character, but I don't quite think she belongs up there.
:4wiifit: -1 - I don't really think she's Tier 4 material.
:4olimar: -1 - He's in the same boat as Wii Fit Trainer.
:4pikachu: -1 - Pikachu does not belong in Tier 2. His results are way too inconsistent and ESAM and I guess Nakat (but, he uses other characters, too) are the only players doing anything notable with him.
:4lucario: -1 - He's not a bad character by any means, but I haven't seen him doing anything worthy of being above Tier 4, especially when :4yoshi:, :4peach:, and :4luigi: are all down there, too.

I'd also vote :4bayonetta2: up, but it seems that everyone else has already done it for me.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I'd also vote :4bayonetta2: up, but it seems that everyone else has already done it for me.
This guy understands. Why do people continue to upvote characters with multiple upvotes already?

But also...

:4sheik: -1 - Sheik is still a very good character, but I don't quite think she belongs up there.
People can say what they like about Skeik. Yeah, she struggles killing a lot of the time, but she still has moves into BF confirms, Ftilt to Uair, arguably the safest neutral, and one of the best recoveries. And on top of this, she's still getting results (take Pound for example). I don't think it's time to count Sheik down and out just yet.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
People can say what they like about Skeik. Yeah, she struggles killing a lot of the time, but she still has moves into BF confirms, Ftilt to Uair, arguably the safest neutral, and one of the best recoveries. And on top of this, she's still getting results (take Pound for example). I don't think it's time to count Sheik down and out just yet.
I don't think they're excluding her as a threat, they just don't think she's top tier anymore after her most recent nerfs, which I would agree with. She's certainly top 10, and she may even be 5th, but putting her in top tier is saying a bit much after her reliable kill setups off a grab are now gone.

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
I don't think they're excluding her as a threat, they just don't think she's top tier anymore after her most recent nerfs, which I would agree with. She's certainly top 10, and she may even be 5th, but putting her in top tier is saying a bit much after her reliable kill setups off a grab are now gone.
That's exactly my thoughts. She's definitely still a threat in the metagame and a hard matchup for many characters, but she's not exactly a Tier 1 character without her kill setups. In my opinion, she should be the first character of Tier 2. She's still a great character and a very viable pick, but not quite Tier 1 worthy at the moment. Whether or not that changes is yet to be seen.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I think she's still top tier as I usually think of top tier characters being top 15 or top 10 in the game, not top 3.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1::rosalina::4cloud::4zss::4diddy::4sheik:
2::4sonic::4mario::4fox::4villager::4ness::4pikachu::4mewtwo:
3::4bayonetta::4ryu::4metaknight::4greninja::4corrin::4tlink::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4lucario::4myfriends::4rob:
4:4yoshi::4peach::4luigi::4olimar::4megaman::4dk::4lucas::4miibrawl::4marth::4lucina::4wario::4kirby::4samus::4wiifit:
5::4pacman::4robinf::4drmario::4bowserjr::4shulk::4bowser::4gaw::4miigun::4link::4miisword::4littlemac::4charizard::4falco:
6::4feroy::4palutena::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
7::4dedede::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

-1:4link: People just think Link should be here because they either don't know how bad his flaws are for so little strength, or just don't want to admit Link is bad yet again.

-1:4samus:I'm surprised nobody has noticed this yet. Samus doesn't have the theory to be this good, nor the matchup spread or results. She got voted a little too much a few period ago and then nobody bothered to vote her down.

+1:4pacman:What the hell??? Pac-Man's projectile tricks, being hard to approach when going aganist him ,his good specials, jab, dash attack, and aierals, pretty good smashes, good recovery, and pretty good matchup spread for a high tier (Assuming high tier is like tiers 3 and 4; people have differant prespectives.) makes me think this is defitenly way off.

+1:4duckhunt:You know what I want to say.

-1:4rob: Holy crap when are people gonna realize that his matchup spread is terrible for a high tier and that his theory and results aren't even THIS good either.

I might replace a vote with a :4kirby: up vote too, since I'm worried people might down vote him and he'll end up too low. But I'll risk it for now.
True to my word, I'm gonna replace my Pac-Man vote with a Kirby up vote since I'm getting worried Kirby might fall too far.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
That's exactly my thoughts. She's definitely still a threat in the metagame and a hard matchup for many characters, but she's not exactly a Tier 1 character without her kill setups. In my opinion, she should be the first character of Tier 2. She's still a great character and a very viable pick, but not quite Tier 1 worthy at the moment. Whether or not that changes is yet to be seen.
Most certainly, I agree with your replies 100%. Sheik most likely isn't in the very top tier right now, but is definitely within the top 10.

In my honest opinion, I think she'd be about 6th (potentially tied for 5th, who knows). I certainly wouldn't see her any lower than top 10 either. However, my point is, that even though Sheik's nerfs have warranted a drop in the tier list, her still possessing the safest neutral, best recovery, and the fact that she's still getting notable results, just goes to show that we can't straight up say that Sheik is a tier 1 or a tier 2 character right now; she could be either or. Either would fit finely for her, but each position would be open for debate from either side.

Also, please remember that Sheik still has kill setups/confirms. Ftilt into Uair is one that works at around 115-ish % IIRC. She can still combo into Bouncing Fish (off stage needles into BF, weak Nair into BF at any high percent, falling weak Bair into BF). While her most reliable KO'ing option has gone, she still has solid KO'ing options. Please, everyone, don't forget this.

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
Very, very true. I'm going to edit my votes post to switch my :4bayonetta: upvote to a :4lucas: upvote, because I don't want Bayo in her own tier again. Plus, I was on the fence about a :4lucas: upvote to begin with.

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

Now there was a lot of activity in this thread because of Pound so a lot more movement then normal, I expect that to settle down quickly so I can start on voting for each individual tier but that still may be a few weeks away.

I don't exactly see too many characters moving 2 tiers in the next update though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1::rosalina::4zss::4diddy::4bayonetta::4ryu:
2::4sheik::4cloud::4mario::4fox::4ness::4villager::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
3::4sonic::4pikachu::4greninja::4falcon::4corrin::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4yoshi::4pacman:
4::4lucario::4luigi::4miibrawl::4lucas::4robinf::4peach::4olimar::4megaman::4marth::4wario::4lucina::4wiifit::4link:
5::4kirby::4samus::4falco::4feroy::4drmario::4bowserjr::4shulk::4bowser::4gaw::4miigun::4miisword::4littlemac::4charizard:
6::4palutena::4duckhunt::4dedede:
7::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
-:4mewtwo::4ryu:
+:4sonic::4cloud:

Routa

Smash Lord
All you need to do to fix Miis placing is to make them all go up 1 tier. I mean for strawberries sake they are not that bad. And we are talking about Any size XXXX (It seems to be just way too strawberry hard to understand we are not voting Guest 1111 set). Even Guest XXXX ones would be higher than they are now placed. Call me biased call me crazy, but when you look at the theory no Mii should be lower than Link. Yes Link has results, but the MU spread and theory is overall worse than on any Mii.

Once again I am forced to vote all Miis up. Rest of the Tier list is almost done. It is just that these 3 guys are STILL underrated heavily due to lack of rep.
+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:
+:4lucario:

And now looking at the first votes I have to ask what makes you guys think that :4ryu: should be lower and :4pikachu: higher? I'm just so strawberry curious about you opinions.
Due to counter voting being ineffective I have to waste my last vote to...

+:4littlemac:

Yes I have seen what a Mac is able to do. He has frame data, results (placing in top 10 in regionals and getting in top 25 in Beast 6), and the MU spread is far from horrible. He is amazing counterpick character that is hindered by stagelist. Little Mac has been doing a lot better in more "liberal" stagelists (more than 7 stages legal).

And sorry I'm rather pissed off atm...

Browny

Smash Hater
All you need to do to fix Miis placing is to make them all go up 1 tier. I mean for strawberries sake they are not that bad. And we are talking about Any size XXXX (It seems to be just way too strawberry hard to understand we are not voting Guest 1111 set). Even Guest XXXX ones would be higher than they are now placed. Call me biased call me crazy, but when you look at the theory no Mii should be lower than Link. Yes Link has results, but the MU spread and theory is overall worse than on any Mii.

Once again I am forced to vote all Miis up. Rest of the Tier list is almost done. It is just that these 3 guys are STILL underrated heavily due to lack of rep.
+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:
+:4lucario:

And now looking at the first votes I have to ask what makes you guys think that :4ryu: should be lower and :4pikachu: higher? I'm just so strawberry curious about you opinions.
Due to counter voting being ineffective I have to waste my last vote to...

+:4littlemac:

Yes I have seen what a Mac is able to do. He has frame data, results (placing in top 10 in regionals and getting in top 25 in Beast 6), and the MU spread is far from horrible. He is amazing counterpick character that is hindered by stagelist. Little Mac has been doing a lot better in more "liberal" stagelists (more than 7 stages legal).

And sorry I'm rather pissed off atm...
The Miis, like many characters, suffer because they are so unpopular that people don't care enough to vote for them. But that changes in the second round where people vote for all characters within a tier meaning they have to vote for the miis one way or the other. It is then than the pro-mii arguments will actually be listened to, because so much of the discussion about top tiers is no longer happening.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
This round seems quite tough for me. I am really unsure what to vote for. I might edit these later as more votes come in, but for now...

+1:4lucario:
-1:4mewtwo:
-1:4pacman:
+1 :4samus:
+1:4luigi:

For my 5th vote, I am REALLY unsure whether to upvote :4luigi: or :4peach:... hnnngh... Like mentioned before, I might wait a bit. These are likely to be different votes in a few days time.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Oh wow. Roy and Robin (and I guess everyone else that I didn't notice) rose up by a petty major amount of spots. Anyway...

+ :4link::4lucina::4luigi::4samus::4shulk:

I'm still believing that Shulk is better than where he is, even though I'm not an expert on him.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
+1 :4sonic:
+1 :4cloud:
+1 :4marth:
+1 :4gaw:
-1 :4feroy:

I didn't downvote :4ryu: because everyone and their mother already did and I don't want him to be like bottom tier

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1::rosalina::4zss::4diddy::4bayonetta::4ryu:
2::4sheik::4cloud::4mario::4fox::4ness::4villager::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
3::4sonic::4pikachu::4greninja::4falcon::4corrin::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4yoshi::4pacman:
4::4lucario::4luigi::4miibrawl::4lucas::4robinf::4peach::4olimar::4megaman::4marth::4wario::4lucina::4wiifit::4link:
5::4kirby::4samus::4falco::4feroy::4drmario::4bowserjr::4shulk::4bowser::4gaw::4miigun::4miisword::4littlemac::4charizard:
6::4palutena::4duckhunt::4dedede:
7::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
Oh look, Hyrule + tier reformed. I wonder, is that a good thing or a bad thing? It's a bad thing isn't it?

+ 1 :4miibrawl: I swear, if this character was legal as all sizes everywhere, people would be complaining that "he's too broken" or something along those lines, but, since he's just guest 1111 in most tournies, he's arguably the worst character in the game most of the time, I think it's surreal just how different this one character's viability can change with the rulesets. It's almost poetic.
+ 1:4luigi:Luigi is roughly equivalent to Ike viability wise in my eyes, so I believe they should at least be in the same tier.
+ 1:4pikachu: Pure theory and speculation on my part, he unfortunately doesn't have the results yet, in fact, his results are terrible for someone supposedly high tier, like super terrible. But, somehow though, from completely arbitrary reasons that nearly border superstition, I'm still feeling pretty confident that he's one of the best characters in the game on a personal level. Perhaps I may be wrong, and I'm willing to accept that's likely at this point, but I'm sticking with it until proven otherwise.
- 1 :4dedede: I don't think King Dedede is any better than Ganondorf sadly, and in my eyes he's definitely not better enough to be a whole tier above him.
+ 1 :4cloud2: He's got excellent results and a criminally insane neutral, and while he does have a pretty gimpable recovery, I personally don't think it's enough to put him a tier lower than Bayonetta, Diddy, etc, he's a top tier threat imo.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Okay, here we go again.

:4mewtwo:+ (counter vote, I think he deserves to be in tier 2)
:4dedede:+ (counter vote, I think he deserves to be in tier 6)
:4feroy:- (absolutely no results to speak of, characters lower than him have more than he does, even in 7. Should be in tier 6 in my opinion)
:4link:- (not enough good results to justify tier 4 in my opinion, at least not yet. I think he should be in tier 5)
:4pit:/:4darkpit:- (not quite there in tier 3 in my opinion right now due to very balanced traits and lack of a good playerbase aside from Earth. I believe tier 4 is fine)

I'd stop down voting Ryu now. He's in tier 2 now which I think is perfectly fine. Any more and you'll just get into last week's situation. Please read the votes before voting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom