• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
+:4bayonetta: Needs to be higher
+:4palutena: I'm on team Palu. I mean, look at the characters around her. If we're going by representation she outclasses the bottom two tiers.
-:4wiifit: Still don't think she's that good
-:4miigun: Is there a change of opinion about this character? I don't think she got any buffs?
-:4miisword: ^^^

Seriously though, for whatever reason mid-tier is getting pretty crowded.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+:4palutena: I'm on team Palu. I mean, look at the characters around her. If we're going by representation she outclasses the bottom two tiers.
-:4miigun: Is there a change of opinion about this character? I don't think she got any buffs?

Its because all customs are allowed and I think sizes

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Its because all customs are allowed and I think sizes
Huh. That's a bit weird considering nearly all tournaments restrict it to the generic 1111 mii. Also makes it a bit hard to judge since we never get to see miis play.

I'm switch out my mii votes since I know jack about how good they are with all of their tools.

-:4lucas:
+:4robinf:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Guys, stop up voting Bayonetta. Tons of people have done it already. She is now in tier 1 going by votes. If you keep doing it, she's just going to move in a tier of her own again and it'll be followed by mass down voting by people that want that tier to be gone. In this case, I think I'm going to change my vote from Bayonetta to Mewtwo since I don't want him to go lower than tier 2, especially after Pound.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Guys, stop up voting Bayonetta. Tons of people have done it already. She is now in tier 1 going by votes. If you keep doing it, she's just going to move in a tier of her own again and it'll be followed by mass down voting by people that want that tier to be gone. In this case, I think I'm going to change my vote from Bayonetta to Mewtwo since I don't want him to go lower than tier 2, especially after Pound.
She won't as you can't move up more than two tiers and just make sure to edit your post with any vote changes!
Also I think someone said some tournaments in Europe use all miis but that's such a lower percent

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
She won't as you can't move up more than two tiers and just make sure to edit your post with any vote changes!
Also I think someone said some tournaments in Europe use all miis but that's such a lower percent
That's good to know at least. Although votes for Bayonetta are still going to be wasted if people keep voting for her without seeing how people are voting currently.

D

Deleted member 269706

+ :4bayonetta: - I'm aware other people have already voted her up, but I believe she is best in the game.
+ :4ryu: - Results-wise, Ryu has been struggling, but I think in terms of potential, he should move up a tier. His crazy kill power and combo game make me think he deserves a spot in the top 2 tiers.
+ :4yoshi: - Similar to Ryu, Yoshi is a solid character and is mainly lacking results. I think he should be placed a bit higher, around where Falcon/Corrin are.
- :4lucina: - Really don't think she's on the same level as Marth. I honestly think less of her as a character.
- :4mewtwo: - THIS IS NOT A DOWN VOTE, THIS IS A COUNTER VOTE. I believe his placement in the tier list is perfect where it is right now and he doesn't need to go up or down. I've seen several upvotes already (and I'm sure that there are more to come), so this vote is mainly to neutralize his placement.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+ :4bayonetta: - I'm aware other people have already voted her up, but I believe she is best in the game.
+ :4ryu: - Results-wise, Ryu has been struggling, but I think in terms of potential, he should move up a tier. His crazy kill power and combo game make me think he deserves a spot in the top 2 tiers.
+ :4yoshi: - Similar to Ryu, Yoshi is a solid character and is mainly lacking results. I think he should be placed a bit higher, around where Falcon/Corrin are.
- :4lucina: - Really don't think she's on the same level as Marth. I honestly think less of her as a character.
- :4mewtwo: - THIS IS NOT A DOWN VOTE, THIS IS A COUNTER VOTE. I believe his placement in the tier list is perfect where it is right now and he doesn't need to go up or down. I've seen several upvotes already (and I'm sure that there are more to come), so this vote is mainly to neutralize his placement.
Most people want him in the tier below, your just counter voting the counter voted

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
More people voted him down, actually. I think he's perfect where he is too which is why I voted him up. If you think he should stay where he is, then you should upvote him.

Also, a Bayonetta vote is a waste. She's already in tier 1 right now going by votes. She cannot create a new tier.

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
Huh. That's a bit weird considering nearly all tournaments restrict it to the generic 1111 mii. Also makes it a bit hard to judge since we never get to see miis play.
Most of Europe is Guest XXXX. People just forget that there is a big smash scene. Oh well.

Main reason why Any size XXXX was chosen is that it makes Mii voting for Mii mains a lot easier due to many Mii mains using different sets and sizes. Ofc this makes the voting hard for other, but let's be real... Mii main are pretty much only people who have knowledge in Mii stuff (unless you have Mii main as a friend or something). This is why it is suggested to vote characters that you are very familiar with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

More people voted him down, actually. I think he's perfect where he is too which is why I voted him up. If you think he should stay where he is, then you should upvote him.

Also, a Bayonetta vote is a waste. She's already in tier 1 right now going by votes. She cannot create a new tier.
Might edit the Mewtwo vote later. Not changing Bayo.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519

Might I question why in your opinion Wii Fit Trainer isn't that good? I'm just legitimately wondering. I mean her MU spread is fantastic with her most being even matches. Her worst matchup isn't even a common character being Kirby. She has a lot of positives such as amazing recovery as well as edgeguarding. Double hitboxes also help her out as well. As well as consistent top 32 results with John Numbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Might I question why she isn't that good? I'm just legitimately wondering. I mean her MU spread is fantastic with her most being even matches. As well as consistent top 32 results with John Numbers.
Don't forget Waveguider and Wii Twerk Trainer.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
:4bayonetta:+1 Y'all are crazy, she is best in the game lol
:4mewtwo:+1
:4metaknight:+1
:4ryu:+1
:4villager:-1

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Most of Europe is Guest XXXX. People just forget that there is a big smash scene. Oh well.

Main reason why Any size XXXX was chosen is that it makes Mii voting for Mii mains a lot easier due to many Mii mains using different sets and sizes. Ofc this makes the voting hard for other, but let's be real... Mii main are pretty much only people who have knowledge in Mii stuff (unless you have Mii main as a friend or something). This is why it is suggested to vote characters that you are very familiar with.
Thing is that most places use guest 1111.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
+ :4megaman:
+:4pacman:
-:4lucina:
-:4samus:
+:4wario2:

And I'll stay out of the Tink vs Link argument and votes. Ya know, personal bias. But all I'll say is Tink deserves that spot and Link is simply OK

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
How so, really? I think that nowdays, most people are agreeing they're equal. A lot of their differences even out, and if played properly, Lucina is just as effective. Being right besides him seems like the better placement
So, for my votes:
:4lucina:+
:4robinm:+
:4bowser:+
:4luigi:+

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hm... I thought people were all set that Lucina would be right beside Marth by this point after 1.1.4? She's just a Marth who has a better job dealing with faster, rush-down characters than Marth himself. At least in my opinion that is. I'm not gonna complain though, because this gap between them is ALOT better than having her below Marth by 10 characters before.
+ :4link:
+ :4lucina:
+ :4shulk:

I have no idea what to do for my last two so I'll just lay this out there.
+ :4ryu:
- :4sonic:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
+:4bayonetta: Undisputable best atm
+:4mario:
-:4sonic:
Sonic is not better than Mario. Tournament results show this and also I have not seen a Sonic make top 8 as of late. Komorikiri doesn't really use him anymore and Larry also bopped 6WX at Genesis 3 so I can't see him above Mario and Fox. Right below them? Sure.
-:4cloud: I don't think he is deserving of top 5 yet because characters like Mario and Sheik are outplacing him after meeting him in bracket.
-:rosalina: For sure she's not above Cloud or Bayonetta

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
+:4duckhunt:
Dunno why the poor pup is languishing in the bottom 5. I don't think he's a great character, might be bottom 10, but he's better than this. Gonna refer to an older post of mine below:
Regarding :4duckhunt::
13th at Super Smash Con
7th at Hyper Sumabato
7th at Sumabato 6
9th at Tipped Off 11
9th at Umebura Tokagi GP
13th at Sumabato Tokagi GP
9th at Umebura Genesis Cup
5th at Glitch

Beating players like DJ Jack, 9B, ikep, Earth, and Motsunabe along the way.

This character clearly has something going for him. In terms of pure high/top level results, he's probably kicking around mid-tier, somewhere Olimar-ish. Sure, his dedicated mains are inconsistent and his theory is bad, but bottom 5? I'd be more inclined to give that spot to Falco now, tbh.
-:4falco:
As per the post, I can't see why Falco isn't tier 6 or 7. He's got good aspects to his kit but is largely outclassed as a slow combo machine by characters like Ryu and also suffers from a near-total lack of top-level results. Honestly, the fact that he's a bad character is a testament to this game's balance.

-:4kirby:
-:4samus:
The buffs are, in fact, real, but I don't think they put these two on the same level as Yoshi or DK or Luigi. They fit in better with G&W and Dr. Mario as "low/low-mid with relevant niches."

+:4rob:
I don't have a really strong opinion for this fifth vote... but I don't want to be all negative so here's a R.O.B. vote.

D

Deleted member 269706

How so, really? I think that nowdays, most people are agreeing they're equal. A lot of their differences even out, and if played properly, Lucina is just as effective. Being right besides him seems like the better placement
In the current meta, you're probably right. I just have yet to see them as equals. I've always seen her a bit behind him, but there's a good chance I'm wrong.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+:4bayonetta: Undisputable best atm
+:4mario:
-:4sonic:
Sonic is not better than Mario. Tournament results show this and also I have not seen a Sonic make top 8 as of late. Komorikiri doesn't really use him anymore and Larry also bopped 6WX at Genesis 3 so I can't see him above Mario and Fox. Right below them? Sure.
-:4cloud: I don't think he is deserving of top 5 yet because characters like Mario and Sheik are outplacing him after meeting him in bracket.
-:rosalina: For sure she's not above Cloud or Bayonetta
The main reason why Sonic SHOULD be above those two is not because results, he still gets them and his best main did not even go to Pound and he still got 9th, just like Hyuga. Sonic has good matchup vs Bayonetta, from my knowledge at least, something Fox and Mario don't really have. The results at Pound just show he is still top 10, maybe top 7. Sonic has good MU's, again fromy my knowledge, against the majority of the top tiers. His theory and MU solidify him above Mario. Yes mario has good theory and got results like at Pound, but I feel like Sonic's pro outweigh them. I just want to give my opinion, I hope this does not end up like Roy.

EDIT:Also, i don't see why you say not above Bayonetta as even Mario should not be above Bayonetta, and Rosalina is a top 5 character.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
The main reason why Sonic SHOULD be above those two is not because results, he still gets them and his best main did not even go to Pound and he still got 9th, just like Hyuga. Sonic has good matchup vs Bayonetta, from my knowledge at least, something Fox and Mario don't really have. The results at Pound just show he is still top 10, maybe top 7. Sonic has good MU's, again fromy my knowledge, against the majority of the top tiers. His theory and MU solidify him above Mario. Yes mario has good theory and got results like at Pound, but I feel like Sonic's pro outweigh them. I just want to give my opinion, I hope this does not end up like Roy.

EDIT:Also, i don't see why you say not above Bayonetta as even Mario should not be above Bayonetta, and Rosalina is a top 5 character.
I can assure you that Mario has both a better MU spread than Sonic and as good of a MU with Bayonetta (although, I can't speak for Fox on that matter). They both go even (I know that Mario does and I think Sonic does as well). I would say Sonic is below Mario and Fox because of how predictable he becomes. He has a surprising lack of approach options, his combo game isn't nearly as good as Mario or Fox's, he has to fish for kills at kill percents super hard, and his bread & butter U-throw -> U-air/F-air/B-air is too easy to escape with DI. I definitely would put him firmly in the top ten but he's strictly lower than Mario and Fox, in my opinion.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I can assure you that Mario has both a better MU spread than Sonic and as good of a MU with Bayonetta (although, I can't speak for Fox on that matter). They both go even (I know that Mario does and I think Sonic does as well). I would say Sonic is below Mario and Fox because of how predictable he becomes. He has a surprising lack of approach options, his combo game isn't nearly as good as Mario or Fox's, he has to fish for kills at kill percents super hard, and his bread & butter U-throw -> U-air/F-air/B-air is too easy to escape with DI. I definitely would put him firmly in the top ten but he's strictly lower than Mario and Fox, in my opinion.
I support you about Mario possibly being above Sonic, but I think more signs point to Sonic having a better matchup with Bayonetta. In fact, along with Diddy, he's supposed to be one of the best. Spin Dash is one of the only neutral game moves not to worry about Witch Time due to its speed and multi hit nature. That's as far as I know, but I don't find it hard to believe that Sonic has a better time with Bayonetta than Mario does. Of course, I'm not implying that Mario can't handle her, but just stating Sonic can handle her better than Mario can.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Your making it seem like sonic is pre path sheik killing levels, which he is not. People say it's hard to kill with Sonic, but it really is not. Also, I'm not saying Mario has a worse MU than Sonic, I'm saying sonic has a better MU against some of the metas bigger threats like Bayonetta and Diddy as mentioned by BowserBoy

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I support you about Mario possibly being above Sonic, but I think more signs point to Sonic having a better matchup with Bayonetta. In fact, along with Diddy, he's supposed to be one of the best. Spin Dash is one of the only neutral game moves not to worry about Witch Time due to its speed and multi hit nature. That's as far as I know, but I don't find it hard to believe that Sonic has a better time with Bayonetta than Mario does. Of course, I'm not implying that Mario can't handle her, but just stating Sonic can handle her better than Mario can.
I didn't know Spindash could bypass WT. That's sweet. So it potentially is better for Sonic but they both deal with her fine, honestly. I still want to know what Fox's MU with Bayo is...

Your making it seem like sonic is pre path sheik killing levels, which he is not. People say it's hard to kill with Sonic, but it really is not. Also, I'm not saying Mario has a worse MU than Sonic, I'm saying sonic has a better MU against some of the metas bigger threats like Bayonetta and Diddy as mentioned by BowserBoy
He may potentially have a better MU with Bayonetta but tell me why he has a better MU with Diddy and others like you say. Also, Rosalina, a character that is potential second best at the moment, is quite a bad MU for both Sonic and Mario (just pointing that out). All I know is that Mario has pretty solid MUs with the top 10-15 but I really don't know too much about Sonic's MU spread.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I didn't know Spindash could bypass WT. That's sweet. So it potentially is better for Sonic but they both deal with her fine, honestly. I still want to know what Fox's MU with Bayo is...

He may potentially have a better MU with Bayonetta but tell me why he has a better MU with Diddy and others like you say. Also, Rosalina, a character that is potential second best at the moment, is quite a bad MU for both Sonic and Mario (just pointing that out). All I know is that Mario has pretty solid MUs with the top 10-15 but I really don't know too much about Sonic's MU spread.
For an explanation you will have to wait till I am back home, but I know that it is hard for those two to get Sonic off of him. I'm not too good at explaining MU, but I think Bowserboy3 Bowserboy3 can explain both.

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
+1 :4lucas: Not as bad as you would think, has decent tournament results, and shouldn't be that far behind Ness. (This is an edit: it used to be a :4bayonetta: upvote, but I changed it.)
+1:4link:
-1 :4cloud:
+1 :4robinf: Requires good management to play well, but that's no reason for her to be Tier 5.
+1 :4falco: He deserves to be higher. In my opinion, he can beat a lot of other Tier 5 characters, such as Charizard.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
+1 :4charizard: (Though he may not be excellent, I'd think that Charizard is definitely not below Mac or Swordfighter. I agree that he's above Falco, though.

+1 :4greninja: (Greninja has been showing a lot of potential after the buffs, and he's been getting pretty common at tournaments. Players like iStudying have really shown the potential Greninja has now.)

+1 :4mewtwo: (Abadango literally just made Mewtwo into a hugely more viable character just by the showing at Pound. If he keeps this up, Mewtwo might just make it into the top end of Tier 2.)

-1 :4pikachu: (Pikachu is at best bottom of 2; he has very little in the way of consistent results outside of ESAM, and overall he's overhyped IMO.)

-1 :4dedede: (IMO, the worst of the heavies, and probably one of the worst characters in the game. Gordos are good, but sadly that's pretty much all Dedede has. Zelda at least has a great Up-B kill move.)

Top Bottom