• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been thinking about one of the complaints of FNAF World lately

That, there is so stats screen

And how, that really isn't needed. The only stats you need to pay attention to is Health

When picking characters, it's the combination of what abilities they have that really effect the game.

The late game characters are more powerful than the early game characters, not really because of stats but abilities alone

Yeah, you should be able to see what the abilities do out of combat, probably on the select character screen. And stat option would be good to have. But it's not really needed.

And I've been thinking about a game that HAS a stat screen but doesn't really need one.

Undertale.

In pacifist run, you never level up and all the equipment in the game is linear, with a couple exceptions. You always want to equip the best armor (Although you can beat the game with just the bandaid anyway) and for a weapon you want the one with the best effect. Which actually doesn't show on the stat screen. Either the frying pan for it's increase of heal items or the torn notebook for it's invincibility bonus

In Genocide, you always want the most powerful equipment, except for one of the last bosses in which will always damage you the same and you always damage it the same regardless of your equipment.

And, last there is neutral. In which you really don't have context in knowing what the stats actually mean except when picking out equipment. Which again, usually you go the linear path except situationally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
:drsad:

Yo uh....

That ain't new.

It doesn't mean skinship as far as I'm aware.
Bloody phone making me miss this for a minute...
Considering that email shown earlier, it's safe to say it's staying
Found the post

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen this? Which was posted yesterday?
Didn't see it yesterday. It's either there or replaced judging from data blocks on the US version

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hello there everyone, I'm back.

I just wanted to apologize for these last four months, I've moved from my old home in New York which I've lived in for all my life, and since the move I haven't felt the same, I've been very uncomfortable and have actually been going through a depression since I started school. I didn't want to upset anyone so I just kept it to myself, but now I feel is the time to express my feelings. I'm currently getting help from a psychiatrist and am currently recovering from my depression. I'd like to thank Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , and @Qrow, for helping me get back on my feet in terms of the site, as you guys were there for me and gave me a lot of advice for improvement, so you all have my thanks. So once again, if you were hurt or mislead by me in the previous four months, I sincerely apologize, and promise that I'll try to avoid it happening again. With that, I can gladly say that I'm finally back.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So I'm reading the complaints about Smash NX (if real) just being a port from the Wii-U. But, what if the new MyNintendo account allows you to transfer the game from little to no additional cost? How would you guys feel then?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I'm reading the complaints about Smash NX (if real) just being a port from the Wii-U. But, what if the new MyNintendo account allows you to transfer the game from little to no additional cost? How would you guys feel then?
That would be a huge savior for me, especially when I own two versions of the game.

Sounds like a possibility to me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You mean just the data or the entire game like a crossbuy? Because unless there's significant new content I'm not buying Smash 4 a third time.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Smash Bros NX as a launch title port is a fantastic idea and I really hope the rumors are true.

Maybe we can hold out hope for Icies. Maybe.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I NEVER (Repeat NEVER) believe text leaks. This is something that I think is true, and just happened to see something about it, so I posted it. I think it makes sense, and I bet it's going to happen. My best guess is just the Wii U/3ds game with DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even have any of the 3ds stuff.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I NEVER (Repeat NEVER) believe text leaks. This is something that I think is true, and just happened to see something about it, so I posted it. I think it makes sense, and I bet it's going to happen. My best guess is just the Wii U/3ds game with DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even have any of the 3ds stuff.
Wait... you saw something potentially proving the rumor was real, or am I looking into this too much again :p?

EDIT: Most likely looking to much into again lol. I guess the best bet would be to wait until E3. Tons of information will surely be dumped there.

Last edited:
Oh hey a new Fire Embelm Fates (English) Trailer

(no idea if there are spoilers her. Dones't look like it. mostly gameplay)
Apparently this game has spear copters. . .

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
is porting smash to the NX a smart business move? i'm not sure how i feel about that. plus wasn't sakurai working on another project? something seems fishy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Smash NX port...

Wouldn't really surprise me tbh.

It makes a lot of sense imo.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So is there a reason the thread had a post asplosion?

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
is porting smash to the NX a smart business move? i'm not sure how i feel about that. plus wasn't sakurai working on another project? something seems fishy.
We don't know for sure that Sakurai would actually be working on it.

and yes, I think it would be. It also pretty much suggests the NX is not backwards compatible, which is also a potentially good business move as it suggests a more powerful console that is also more separated from the Wii/U era.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
A thought occurs, (damn, I have a lame catchphrase) if the NX is a portable, it may end up being a port of Smash 3DS instead.
This thing is going to have the power to run the next Dragon Quest game, which is only for PS4 with the Unreal Engine otherwise.

Only way that will happen is if it'd 3ds Wii U edition.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Even if the rumor is fake, this isn't really out of the cards, there are several reasons as to why a port of Smash 4 for a next gen system would exist.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh hey a new Fire Embelm Fates (English) Trailer

(no idea if there are spoilers her. Dones't look like it. mostly gameplay)
Apparently this game has spear copters. . .
They disabled comments.

It's a shame. Most people there liked it and its actually a really cool commercial.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yes it'd be a smart business move. What better way to launch a new console than with a new Smash Bros on launch day?

Also, all we know about what Sakurai's doing is that he's doing something. For all we know the new project he talked about IS Smash NX.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty much this

EDIT I refreshed twice to make sure no one had posted. There were posts 2 minutes ago. Smashboards plz
So should we stick this guy next to Gematsu or the Shovel Knight leak? Maybe even the RogersBase leak or the Rayman leak could work as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So should we stick this guy next to Gematsu or the Shovel Knight leak? Maybe even the RogersBase leak or the Rayman leak could work as well.
I was told by someone that this source is supposedly more reliable then any other source.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think we'll get Smash 4 for the NX. It doesn't really sit right with me for some reason.
If the rumor is true, it pretty much has to be a port regardless of what Toto said. There's no possible way they made a completely new Smash title this fast.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If the rumor is true, it pretty much has to be a port regardless of what Toto said. There's no possible way they made a completely new Smash title this fast.
Would you consider a brand new version of an old game with new content a port?

This isn't a challenge or anything. Just a philosophical question.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Actually you have a point, a port is usually just a game that's the same thing as it is on another console, but formatted for that specific console.

I suppose you could call something like this an "Enhanced Port".

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
At best it'll likely have all chars revealed, most/all stages from Wii U, maybe some from 3DS. I imagine there might be MAYBE one new mode and perhaps a character or two as well, though that's more 50/50. Not surprised to see a potential complete version at any rate.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It would be if they included more content because it would give people an incentive to own the system at launch which is usually really hard to do. This is why I don't believe it would be a straight port because nobody would want to buy it except the most absolute, die hard Nintendo fans. This is why I feel there would have to be something to sweeten the pot, something that makes people disregard the fact that they already bought the game once or even twice.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I'd call it an enhanced port.

Not that I think it's a possibility either, seeing as how Sakurai flat out said he was moving on to his next project. If this rumor is true, I'm quite certain it'll just be a straight-up port of SSB4 Wii U with nothing new except either some or all of the DLC on-disc.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
The Gematsu leak is the closest to stick this next to that you mentioned but this guy has been very reliable in the past with, for example, the Nintendo mobile rumors he's said that turned out true so from the track record he has now, this guy is above them all really (in his own way I suppose).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130417

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Apparently there's a fake Smash NX leak going around with the following characters:
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake
Yu Narukami
Elma
Henry Flemming

And people are believing it.

I don't believe it for a second, but I would have a heart attack if a Persona character was introduced to Smash.

I'd have to be resurrected, then die again in Persona 5 was announced for a NX port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom