• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An enhanced port could be a good way to stall for time too. I mean, that's what the Wii essentially did with Twilight Princess because the first juggernauts of the Wii (Prime 3, Galaxy, and Brawl) were still a year off at the Wii's launch. This situation is different too because the Gamecube and Wii version of TP came out at the same time while SSB4 Wii U will be about 2 years old. Trying to sell a two year old game will be a hard sell unless 1. it has enough new content to warrant buying it again or 2. it's part of a bundle with the NX.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well phooey, all colors of the ProCube Controller preorders are out of stock right now.

Guess, I'll have to wait a little longer then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash NX is a "third version", and possibly wasn't developed or even involved with Sakurai at all. There's really no way to know how it'll go. "Sakurai said" may not even apply whatsoever to this version, so it's not really much of an argument to consider. We don't have enough information bar who the developers are right now. And the rumor isn't say Sakurai's involved, so he's not exactly a strong defense against speculation at this point.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Calling it now: Nintendo is revealing Smash NX at EVO. :p
(I'm just joking if it wasn't clear enough.)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Besides, Sakurai changes his mind about things all the time, like when there are no DLC characters planned or no touch-screen implementation.

Also... It's all just a rumor anyway... -__________-
Uhhh....he didn't change his mind on either of those things.

"DLC won't be decided or worked on until after the game's launch" =/= "There will be no DLC characters". There was no decision either way. And given the fact that the game was clearly made to accommodate DLC, that was probably just PR nonsense and they planned on making DLC characters the whole time.

And there is no major use of the touch screen. His comment was in reference to it being used as a control method. All it's used for in the final game is menu navigation.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Question
What rumor are we even talking about
All I know is "Smash NX"
What's the deal anyway :drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
chill out bro,just let pepole have there fun.I dont agree with it but no real need to get angry about it.
Look, I'm just tired of it, man. I'm tired of just watching my friends have so much hope for so many things and believe things and watch it crash and burn.

I just want the speculation to take a vacation for a while. Let Smash 4 breathe on its own before trying to add in crazy stuff. It's just a small port maybe if real but a pipe dream if fake.

kylexv

Smash Master

"DLC won't be decided or worked on until after the game's launch" =/= "There will be no DLC characters". There was no decision either way. And given the fact that the game was clearly made to accommodate DLC, that was probably just PR nonsense and they planned on making DLC characters the whole time.

And there is no major use of the touch screen. His comment was in reference to it being used as a control method. All it's used for in the final game is menu navigation.
And with that, you can't even navigate the menus with the touchscreen of the game pad in the Wii U version.
Probably the stupidest thing in the game imo

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's not a big deal, it's not something to really complain about. Champ Gold Champ Gold
It's certainly a possibility, and this comes from a trusted source, it isn't something to easily dismiss.
Did I say it wasn't possible to believe? No. But all I meant was that all it is that at MOST it's just a port with much more bells and whistles added and at the LEAST the equivalent of Mortal Kombat XL/Every other GOTY Edition out there.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I think you misinterpreted what I said, I said no DLC or Touch-Screen implementation were PLANNED and I'm pretty sure when he said the ladder, he meant no touch-screen implementation of any kind.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think you misinterpreted what I said, I said no DLC or Touch-Screen implementation were PLANNED and I'm pretty sure when he said the ladder, he meant no touch-screen implementation of any kind.
I'm quite certain he meant as a method of control.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm quite certain he meant as a method of control.
Looking back at the original interview... You seem to be right... While the comment itself is somewhat vauge he seems to be referring to controlling your character... So yeah.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm moreso waiting for more Model Swaps
Because I want Koopa Kid over Bowser Jr. :4pacman:
pls
Well technically...
It's already started.

(Oh and music swaps too, that's why we have Soul Caliber 2 music)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

pls
Gonna put Eliwood over Roy
THERE'S A DIFFERENCE DAMNIT
And totally having Hector over Ike and Lyn over Marth

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Finally some rumors to talk about it.
It`s probably that this Smash NX thing is a tweek on Smash Bros for Wii U.
I can see all the DLC characters being included, 3ds stages being ported over for the NX version, this kind of thing.
I don`t think we will have any new character in a Smash game so soon (after Bayonetta).
The damage (and that was a huge damage) is done.

I would be so happy to be wrong about it.
I would rather the NX version bonus could be possible on the Wii U as DLC.
I have no money for a new system for Smash.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not so sure about this, but there's a new Wonderful 101 trailer. And there's a new director's edition coming.

It's the same Trailer from 2013. But in 60fps.

There's no Director's version coming.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
One question that needs to be asked, is why is Dr. Sekan Toto telling people?

He has ties in the video game industry in Japan. He's a consultant. This rumor -- even if it's not true, can damage his reputation or at least make some of his work a little...awkward.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

He has ties in the video game industry in Japan. He's a consultant. This rumor -- even if it's not true, can damage his reputation or at least make some of his work a little...awkward.
Its confusing but even then I can just see it as maybe some small information got leaked and misinterpreted into something less like with you and Tama with Butt Butt

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its confusing but even then I can just see it as maybe some small information got leaked and misinterpreted into something less like with you and Tama with Butt Butt
Like an idea that Namco-Bandai had, but decided against it. That type of stuff is easy to misinterpret. The Gematsu leak is proof of that right out. The information was pretty much true to a degree(we can't completely confirm which Rhythm Heaven character it was, if it was one, but there's enough evidence to show it was likely considered/planned), but things changed overall.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It is strange I have to say... No real logical explanation I can think of as to why he'd tell anyone about this...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
pls
I know what I'm waiting for. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:4wario2:All of Wario's missing alts.
:4olimar:All of Olimar's missing alts + Louie and Brittany as costumes. :4alph:
:4mario:A lot of alts that just disappeared or got replaced, like Mario's classic (inverted) look and Link's whitish tunic.
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:May as well throw in those OoT costumes from Project M.
:4shulk:Some Shulk alts that actually resemble the different colour schemes his outfit can get in Xenoblade.
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:All of their shiny colourations, why are these not already a thing.
:4yoshi:White Yoshi to go with the black one.
:4ludwig::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4morton::4larry:Each Koopaling getting their own full set of alts.
:4bowserjr:Remove this thing entirely.
:4pacman:Just put a bow on him and call it a day. :troll:
:4cloud:Put him in an all white outfit just to spite Squeenix.
:4villager:So many possibilities.
Also black and gold alts for all the characters that didn't get any when a large chunk of the cast did. For matching purposes.
:4peach::rosalina::4zelda::4sheik::4zss::4palutena::4robinf::4lucina::4corrinf::4villagerf::4wiifit::4bayonetta:( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Unless... his account was hacked by some troll? I doubt it, but hey, at least it makes sense.

:094:
Well I believe it happened to Sakurai on Twitter once, in which a fan asked him if Isaac, Mega Man, and Geno were going to be in Smash, to which the hacker responded, "2 out of 3". However the odds of his account being hacked are about .01 to 1000, in other words not very likely.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well I believe it happened to Sakurai on Twitter once, in which a fan asked him if Isaac, Mega Man, and Geno were going to be in Smash, to which the hacker responded, "2 out of 3". However the odds of his account being hacked are about .01 to 1000, in other words not very likely.
Well, this DID technically happen. :troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom