• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Nintendo games that will probably never get sequels because reality is cruel:

-Elite Beat Agents
-Wonderful 101
:(
Made my peace about W101 enough times now

EBA is in my DS as we speak. . . I'm really sad we won't ever get more. The Christmas level still makes me sad.

What other game let's me use the power of dancing to music to allow an ex baseball player to save a kid from a golem in an amusement park?

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It is kinda funny though.At the end of the day we still techinally got 2 out the 3 characters in that fake.Wonder how that guy likes his geno mii cosutme

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The 2/3 guy is a member of this forum.

He posted in the Geno thread

I refused to add him to the supporter list at the time because of that

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Why do photoshoppers never change that?

It pisses me off because using Photoshop you should be able to have attention to detail

Edit: lol, it auto corrected pisses to pusses
Too many things to keep track of usually. You really need to be detail oriented to notice all these things. Like not knowing about stage shadows being shared across omega and regular, progressive scan issues, and the Fire background in the CSS have all disproven leaks in the past.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:(
Made my peace about W101 enough times now

EBA is in my DS as we speak. . . I'm really sad we won't ever get more. The Christmas level still makes me sad.

What other game let's me use the power of dancing to music to allow an ex baseball player to save a kid from a golem in an amusement park?
EBA was brilliant and I probably played that game for a solid year before I got tired of it. It was even awarded game of the year back in 2006 so it's a real shame that's sales were hilariously bad. So many things were epic about that game and the ending was one of the best of any Nintendo game I've ever played.

D

Deleted member

I'm not so sure about this, but there's a new Wonderful 101 trailer. And there's a new director's edition coming.

>2013 release date
U dun goofed, Fumi
I was hoping for a director's edition and a second chance for this game
Each Koopaling getting their own full set of alts.
64 costunes total
Jesus ****ing christ going through them is going to be a pain

Let me just do the costumes mods I want
Mario: give him alts based on other countries' flags. Because why not?
Bowser: something something skeleton joke
Yoshi: I WANT FLUFFY YOSHI
Little Mac: Super Punch Out! Mac
Toon Link: ZELDA DRESS LINK, also, Ravio
Marth: Lyn pls, Joshua pls
Roy: Eliwood because he's probably disappointed with his own son
Ike: Hector and change sword to an axe. **** the hitboxes, it's not like we don't have Meta Knight in this game
Robin: Tall Morgan, or, I dunno, some mages like Lute or Nino or ****
Pikachu: smol Raichu
Charizard: Ridley
Mega Man: recolor based on Bad Boxart Mega Man

Oh yeah, I also finally bought Xenoblade Chronicles X today
But I have to wait about 10 days before I'm finally able to play it

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let me try now,

Seriously this game is good, it's really fun and over-the-top, and it's too bad it faded into obscurity just because critics thought it was "Yet another 2D-platformer". It should really get a sequel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Obscure games? Something something Etrian Odyssey
Haha, jokes on me, it's not obscure anymore
At least not in this thread
Beacuse I made damn sure it wouldn't be
Now, having people actually play it is anither story

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as Nintendo games that should get a sequel, but probably won't, Fatman already said Mole Mania. :p

...and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. They set it up for a sequel so well too...they could even add Sherlock Holmes next time around. That'd be neat.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Welcome back?
Not quite. I'd be remiss if I didn't come here first given the thing I read on Eventhubs.

I'm not back full time by any means of the word, I'm hard at work on a project (though I will be working on SG again, I've almost finished my first review actually) so I hope everyone checks it out when it's ready.

Oh and for the record, I plan to be going by just Dam now, though I'm sure I'll still be Neo to you guys lol.

D

Deleted member

Fates commercial
Why can't this release sooner? Why does Game Stop needs to tease me with their pre-order boxes? Why can't I enjoy this game without there being a ****ton of hate and controversy on it?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Let's worry about finding out what the hell the NX actually is before we start talking about a version of Smash appearing on it.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that with the Smash 4 texture mods coming out that like with music, Smash 4 supports just adding the new skins alongside the existing ones without having to replace them. Most likely it won't, but hey, a guy can dream. Ideally I'd give everyone the Mac-style full 16 costumes, some of those being alts ala Classic Wario and Advent Cloud.

EDIT:

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm really hoping that with the Smash 4 texture mods coming out that like with music, Smash 4 supports just adding the new skins alongside the existing ones without having to replace them. Most likely it won't, but hey, a guy can dream. Ideally I'd give everyone the Mac-style full 16 costumes, some of those being alts ala Classic Wario and Advent Cloud.

EDIT:

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

It's almost like Nintendo /wanted/ people to mod this lol

wildvine47

Smash Ace
It's almost like Nintendo /wanted/ people to mod this lol
Yeah, between this, the music and the CSS all having room for new stuff without needing replacements, Smash 4 modding is gonna be a walk in the park compared to Brawl modding. I'd say we could have working Wolf or Snake in Smash 4 by the end of the year maybe, depending on how similar their Brawl files are to Smash 4's structure.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Well that means we can only give the Koopalings + Scrappy one alt each...

On the bright side, that's more than enough room for Olimar's four missing alts plus Louie and Brittany. :4olimar:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I do have ideas for alt colors. Way different from alternate costumes

:4mario:: Old Inverse colors from Mario Bros, Red Star Mario, NES colors (from Donkey Kong 3), Fix-it Felix and Superman (Cape is now red when used)
:4luigi:: Wario colors, Mr. L, Eggadd, Ice Flower, NES Golf (like Mario's), Stanley (Donkey Kong 3) and Black/Yellow
:4peach::White/Blue, Purple, Pauline, SMB2 NES color and Yukiko(Persona 4)
:4bowser:: Wart, Shadow Bowser, Giga Bowser tint, Blanka (Street Fighter) and Red/Black
:rosalina:: Daisy, Cosmic Rosalina, Red/Green, Peach palette
:4yoshi:: White, Brown, Grey, Gold, Silver and Orange
:4wario:: All Brawl colors+Waluigi and Joker (Batman)
:4dk:: Chunky Kong, Lanky Kong, Sasquatch (Darkstalkers), Beast (X-Men) and Light Blue
:4diddy:: Tiny Kong, Funky Kong, Swanky Kong and Lanky Kong
:4link:: Old Melee colors+ALTTP color (with the pink hair as well), orange, Hawkeye (The Avengers) and NES colors
:4zelda:: Hilda, Black/Gold, Yellow, Lisa Lisa (JoJo Bizarre Adventure), Rydia (FF 4) and Aerith (FF 7)
:4sheik:: Impa (HW version), Tetra, Melee Blue, Ibuki (Street Fighter), Bang (BlazBlue) and all White
:4ganondorf:: Zant, Giranhim, Old Melee Blue, M. Bison (Street Fighter), Golbez (FF 4) Exdeath (FF 5) and Ogre (Tekken 3)
:4tlink:: Yellow, ALTTP, YLink's Melee alts and Ravio
:4samus::Galactic Federation trooper, Phazon Suit, Rundas, Anthony Higgs (lol), Iron Man, Kamen Rider and Master Chief (Halo)
:4zss:: Justin Bailey, Nina Williams (Tekken), Cammy (Street Fighter), Psylocke (X-Men), Black Widow (The Avengers) and Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat X)
:4pit:: Pyrron, Hades, Black/Gold, Green Arrow and Angemon (Digimon)
:4palutena:: Valkyrie, Cassandra (Soul Calibur), Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Angewoman (Digimon) and All White with white hair.
:4marth:: Old Melee Black, Sigurd, Leif, Leon (FE14), Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear) Makoto (Person 3) and Yu (Persona 4)
:4feroy:: Eliwood, Ryoma, Xander, Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) and Ragna Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
:4myfriends:: Hector, Ephriam, Old Brawl colors and Guts (Berserk)
:4robinm:: Soren, Gangrel and Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
:4robinf:: Micaiah, Aversa and Rose (Street Fighter)
:4lucina:: Eirika, Lyndis, Shiida, Mia and Saber (Fate Stay/Night)
:4kirby:: Dark Blue, Purple, Brown and GB colors
:4dedede:: Dark DeDeDe, White/Yellow, Purple/Green and Santa Claus
:4metaknight:: Galacta Knight, Gold, Red/Yellow and Batman (yep)
:4fox:: Old Melee colors, Krystal, All Red, Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop) and Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 1)
:4falco:: Old Melee colors, Red/Blue/White, Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4) and Advol (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff:: New hats and Old Melee hats
:4charizard::4greninja::4mewtwo::4lucario:: Shiny Colors
:4ness:: Jeff, Paula, Poo, Porky, Yun (Street Fighter) and Junpei (Persona 3)
:4lucas:: Kumatora, Travis (Mother 4), Frisk (Blundertale) and Yang (Street Fighter)
:4falcon:: Judge Dredd, Black Shadow, The Phoenix, Green Ranger (Power Rangers) and Kamen Rider
:4olimar:: Buzz Lightyear, Charlie, Louie, Brittany and Mysterio (Spider-Man)
:4rob:: GameCube color, Wii Color, N64 Color and Wall-E
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:: Purple, Orange, All Black, Dhalsim (Street Fighter) and Jam (Guilty Gear)
:4littlemac:: Disco Kid, Sandman, Doc Lewis, Ippo, Balrog (Street Fighter), Akihiko (Persona 3) and Black/Gold in Hoodie
:4shulk:: Other colors from Xenoblade, Elma, Feng (Xenogears), KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) and Trunks (Dragon Ball)
:4pacman:: Change his shoes and gloves into Green, Blue, Black and Yellow and Pac-Man Party shoes.
:4megaman:: Protoman, Bass, Roll, Galaxy Man, Splash Woman, Tron (no the other Tron, the old arcade game), Cyborg (Teen Titans) and Astro Boy.
:4ryu:: Other SF2 colors, Ken, Aluma, Gouken, Sean, Sakura, Ryo (Art of Fighting) and Teen Gohan's Gi (Dragon Ball)
:4sonic:: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Jet, Jack Frost (SMT), Teddie (Persona 4), Ristar and Mighty
:4cloud:: Barrett, Tifa, Cid, Zack, Lighting, Squall, Tidus, Sora, Chrono and Warrior of Light

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do have ideas for alt colors. Way different from alternate costumes

:4mario:: Old Inverse colors from Mario Bros, Red Star Mario, NES colors (from Donkey Kong 3), Fix-it Felix and Superman (Cape is now red when used)
:4luigi:: Wario colors, Mr. L, Eggadd, Ice Flower, NES Golf (like Mario's), Stanley (Donkey Kong 3) and Black/Yellow
:4peach::White/Blue, Purple, Pauline, SMB2 NES color and Yukiko(Persona 4)
:4bowser:: Wart, Shadow Bowser, Giga Bowser tint, Blanka (Street Fighter) and Red/Black
:rosalina:: Daisy, Cosmic Rosalina, Red/Green, Peach palette
:4yoshi:: White, Brown, Grey, Gold, Silver and Orange
:4wario:: All Brawl colors+Waluigi and Joker (Batman)
:4dk:: Chunky Kong, Lanky Kong, Sasquatch (Darkstalkers), Beast (X-Men) and Light Blue
:4diddy:: Tiny Kong, Funky Kong, Swanky Kong and Lanky Kong
:4link:: Old Melee colors+ALTTP color (with the pink hair as well), orange, Hawkeye (The Avengers) and NES colors
:4zelda:: Hilda, Black/Gold, Yellow, Lisa Lisa (JoJo Bizarre Adventure), Rydia (FF 4) and Aerith (FF 7)
:4sheik:: Impa (HW version), Tetra, Melee Blue, Ibuki (Street Fighter), Bang (BlazBlue) and all White
:4ganondorf:: Zant, Giranhim, Old Melee Blue, M. Bison (Street Fighter), Golbez (FF 4) Exdeath (FF 5) and Ogre (Tekken 3)
:4tlink:: Yellow, ALTTP, YLink's Melee alts and Ravio
:4samus::Galactic Federation trooper, Phazon Suit, Rundas, Anthony Higgs (lol), Iron Man, Kamen Rider and Master Chief (Halo)
:4zss:: Justin Bailey, Nina Williams (Tekken), Cammy (Street Fighter), Psylocke (X-Men), Black Widow (The Avengers) and Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat X)
:4pit:: Pyrron, Hades, Black/Gold, Green Arrow and Angemon (Digimon)
:4palutena:: Valkyrie, Cassandra (Soul Calibur), Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Angewoman (Digimon) and All White with white hair.
:4marth:: Old Melee Black, Sigurd, Leif, Leon (FE14), Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear) Makoto (Person 3) and Yu (Persona 4)
:4feroy:: Eliwood, Ryoma, Xander, Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) and Ragna Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
:4myfriends:: Hector, Ephriam, Old Brawl colors and Guts (Berserk)
:4robinm:: Soren, Gangrel and Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
:4robinf:: Micaiah, Aversa and Rose (Street Fighter)
:4lucina:: Eirika, Lyndis, Shiida, Mia and Saber (Fate Stay/Night)
:4kirby:: Dark Blue, Purple, Brown and GB colors
:4dedede:: Dark DeDeDe, White/Yellow, Purple/Green and Santa Claus
:4metaknight:: Galacta Knight, Gold, Red/Yellow and Batman (yep)
:4fox:: Old Melee colors, Krystal, All Red, Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop) and Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 1)
:4falco:: Old Melee colors, Red/Blue/White, Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4) and Advol (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff:: New hats and Old Melee hats
:4charizard::4greninja::4mewtwo::4lucario:: Shiny Colors
:4ness:: Jeff, Paula, Poo, Porky, Yun (Street Fighter) and Junpei (Persona 3)
:4lucas:: Kumatora, Travis (Mother 4), Frisk (Blundertale) and Yang (Street Fighter)
:4falcon:: Judge Dredd, Black Shadow, The Phoenix, Green Ranger (Power Rangers) and Kamen Rider
:4olimar:: Buzz Lightyear, Charlie, Louie, Brittany and Mysterio (Spider-Man)
:4rob:: GameCube color, Wii Color, N64 Color and Wall-E
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:: Purple, Orange, All Black, Dhalsim (Street Fighter) and Jam (Guilty Gear)
:4littlemac:: Disco Kid, Sandman, Doc Lewis, Ippo, Balrog (Street Fighter), Akihiko (Persona 3) and Black/Gold in Hoodie
:4shulk:: Other colors from Xenoblade, Elma, Feng (Xenogears), KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) and Trunks (Dragon Ball)
:4pacman:: Change his shoes and gloves into Green, Blue, Black and Yellow and Pac-Man Party shoes.
:4megaman:: Protoman, Bass, Roll, Galaxy Man, Splash Woman, Tron (no the other Tron, the old arcade game), Cyborg (Teen Titans) and Astro Boy.
:4ryu:: Other SF2 colors, Ken, Aluma, Gouken, Sean, Sakura, Ryo (Art of Fighting) and Teen Gohan's Gi (Dragon Ball)
:4sonic:: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Jet, Jack Frost (SMT), Teddie (Persona 4), Ristar and Mighty
:4cloud:: Barrett, Tifa, Cid, Zack, Lighting, Squall, Tidus, Sora, Chrono and Warrior of Light
Why no Dry Bowser

Edit: Oh, colors...I guess

What would "Wart" colors be?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's my pick for a lesser-known Nintendo game that I'd like to see an unlikely sequel to:

A remaster for Wii U or NX that fixes the original game's slowdown would be nice too.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's my pick for a lesser-known Nintendo game that I'd like to see an unlikely sequel to:

A remaster for Wii U or NX that fixes the original game's slowdown would be nice too.
But if it's the last story, how can there be a sequel? Kinda loses its original meaning, ya know? What would it be called, The Last Sequel?

D

Deleted member

But if it's the last story, how can there be a sequel? Kinda loses its original meaning, ya know? What would it be called, The Last Sequel?
To be fair, there already exist numerous Final Fantasy games. :p

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Let me try now,

Seriously this game is good, it's really fun and over-the-top, and it's too bad it faded into obscurity just because critics thought it was "Yet another 2D-platformer". It should really get a sequel.
I remember this game. It was an Enix work, which means that it's a Square Enix property now. Seeing a rerelease would satisfy me plenty. That said, isn't GEX also a Square Enix property now? That was another N64 gem of my childhood.

As for Marina, if she were in Smash Bros, I can definitely see her using a heavy grappler style moveset, based on grabbing enemy projectiles and throwing them back like Villager, or using one of those pots to mix projectiles and make them even stronger.

With regards to Smash 4 NX, I think the best thing to know would be what the NX is first, and if the game is going to be a new Smash Bros this soon following the end of Smash 4's development... Hmm... Nintendo at E3 2016 is going to answer a lot of questions as to the nature of the NX.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Funny line from "Danny Phantom"

I always wanted a pony

Never got it

In fact, we had to eat horse meat during the war

Status
Not open for further replies.