• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd call it an enhanced port.

Not that I think it's a possibility either, seeing as how Sakurai flat out said he was moving on to his next project. If this rumor is true, I'm quite certain it'll just be a straight-up port of SSB4 Wii U with nothing new except either some or all of the DLC on-disc.
Do you think that this port could be his next project?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Do you think that this port could be his next project?
No.

I feel the segment at the end of the Final Broadcast really felt like it was closing the book on SSB4's development. That and the suspicious nature of the rumor in general (in that it's exactly the same as the last several rumors that all ended up being bull. It's the same as Tamaki and Shovel Knight, and it's the same as RogersBase. Some random guy who had nothing to do with the Smash community prior comes along, says something is gonna happen, and then the "top sekrit insider leak krew" tells us to listen and believe) is the reason why I'm not putting much stock into this rumor at all.

I don't believe he'd come out and list off the game totals like that, talking up how impressive it is, if we'd be getting another version of the game with even more crap piled on top of it all.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yo.

If this leak is fake (which it probably is) that means Snake is dead forever.

RIP Boss.

I mean Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Elma are cool to me. But I gotta do it for Snake.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smesh NX rumors?

Well, I haven't been taking any other NX rumors seriously (not even the smallest salt pinching) sooooooooo...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Shovel Knight leak was especially embarrassing.

Poor Tamaki probably won't live down that one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still annoyed from stealth's "October reveal" shenanigans.

I'm in no mood for any more rumor trains, thank you very much.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just curious as to why Tama and PushDustIn PushDustIn put stock into it.

What was the thing that made you think it was real anyways?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Shovel Knight leak was especially embarrassing.

Poor Tamaki probably won't live down that one.
I dunno, I think RogersBase was worse.

RogersBase had the same sort of backing and momentum, but was more secretive than the Shovel Knight leak, and when the news finally dropped of what RogersBase's info was, it ended up being the exact same kind of nonsensical garbage that surfaces on 4chan before every Nintendo Direct.

I don't think that one was just embarrassing for RogersBase, but for everyone who backed him up on it, all things considered.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
But guys

What if Tama was right about Shovel Knight coming to Smash

But it was actually a Smash NX leak and he didn't even know it

:4pacman:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
If the rumor is true, it pretty much has to be a port regardless of what Toto said. There's no possible way they made a completely new Smash title this fast.
This, by the way.

I'd expect a port plus DLC/way to transfer DLC for those who have it. Ice Climbers is a "it'd be cool but probably not" thing, and that's the extent of additional content I might expect.

There's no way that it's a new game or a souped up version with tons of extra content.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, I have terrible news.

This year is a leap year.

Meaning February has 29 days instead of 28.

Meaning THAT'S ONE MORE DAY WE COULD POSSIBLY GO WITHOUT CORRINETTA :4bayonetta: :4corrinf:

Yes this is entirely meant to be a joke by the way.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Guys, I have terrible news.

This year is a leap year.

Meaning February has 29 days instead of 28.

Meaning THAT'S ONE MORE DAY WE COULD POSSIBLY GO WITHOUT CORRINETTA

Yes this is entirely meant to be a joke by the way.
They're coming out BEFORE Leap Year.

I'm know you're joking but still.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we were getting a port the characters I'd expect would be Wolf and Elma. They seem like the most realistic expectations.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Probably a case of crossing leaks. Take it from an expert, that's never a good idea.

Plus Yu? I love the guy but that's not happening even if Persona 5 is on the NX lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Probably a case of crossing leaks. Take it from an expert, that's never a good idea.

Plus Yu? I love the guy but that's not happening even if Persona 5 is on the NX lol.
Welcome back?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only real character I see getting in Smash 4: NX Edition as a "Shoo-In" is Wolf Icies
Solely for the fact that they were complete on the Wii U version so their data is probably lying around someone ala Earthbound Beginning's script

Just my 2 cents :drshrug:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Gematsu leak is the closest to stick this next to that you mentioned but this guy has been very reliable in the past with, for example, the Nintendo mobile rumors he's said that turned out true so from the track record he has now, this guy is above them all really (in his own way I suppose).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130417
but this guy has been very reliable in the past
Oh gee. I've never heard that one before...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ICs and Wolf are definitely plausible but I seriously doubt Snake. Sakurai and Kojima are good friends so I wouldn't be surprised if they both had a disdain for Konami and I feel this is part of the reason why Snake wasn't in SSB4 to begin with. I seriously doubt Henry too because S.T.E.A.M bombed spectacularly so I'm almost positive the series is doomed to assist trophy representation at best.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though I'm not a mega GameCube controller fan, I for some reason want to get that Hyperkin GameCube Wii U Pro controller (I like its $30 price tag for starters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only real character I see getting in Smash 4: NX Edition as a "Shoo-In" is Wolf Icies
Solely for the fact that they were complete on the Wii U version so their data is probably lying around someone ala Earthbound Beginning's script

Just my 2 cents :drshrug:
Just keep this in mind,

Transferable characters may be a thing and since they can't work on the 3DS, they might not happen.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Henry Fleming is very dead I'd agree.

There's about 60x more chance of Snake being in the game and he was basically deconfirmed when Konami committed corporate suicide.

Maybe I'm biased. I don't care. Snake has far more of a following but is only gone because of circumstances. Anything Codename STEAM related has been committed to the earth as far as the public eye is concerned.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just keep this in mind,

Transferable characters may be a thing and since they can't work on the 3DS, they might not happen.
Das true.
Das very true.
But then again we don't really know how much more fighters the 3DS can handle all things considered
So if we had a bunch more stuff then the V3DS will kinda have a bad time compared to the N3DS

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm just curious as to why Tama and PushDustIn PushDustIn put stock into it.

What was the thing that made you think it was real anyways?
Essentially there was good reason to believe it. Really wish I could explain everything =\

I dunno, I think RogersBase was worse.

RogersBase had the same sort of backing and momentum, but was more secretive than the Shovel Knight leak, and when the news finally dropped of what RogersBase's info was, it ended up being the exact same kind of nonsensical garbage that surfaces on 4chan before every Nintendo Direct.

I don't think that one was just embarrassing for RogersBase, but for everyone who backed him up on it, all things considered.
RogersBase rumor was way worse because it was publicly, "we know something...but we can't tell you!" for seemingly no reason. But then privately, that rumor was not contained. I had 2 or 3 people tell me details about it --some people I hardly knew.

I swear dealing with rumors and leaks almost gave me an ulcer.

At least Tamaki, Neo Zero and I kept up communication and did out best to keep everyone in the loop. It didn't come true, we messed up. But we never lied about it.

This rumor comes from a consultant based in Tokyo (where Bandai Namco is located). He's pretty well respected on NeoGaf, and knew about Nintendo's mobile plans. He's closer to Sal in terms of being legit.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
In all honestly what is the fust about?If its real sweet Smash 4 on the NX.If not who cares,were probably still gonna get it because its a smart busisness move.Its what all the fighting games do nowadays it makes sense for smash to do it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Just keep this in mind,

Hyrule Warriors =/= Smash Bros

Sakurai has stressed from the beginning that the rosters will be the same across both versions.

We had transfer rumors before the Wii U version was released, and it never ended up happening. It's just not in the cards.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So anyways, what do you think of this guy being in the next game?
Hyrule Warriors =/= Smash Bros
The picture I used was literally an example that I had used for the aspect of transferrable characters...

Nothing else...
We had transfer rumors before the Wii U version was released, and it never ended up happening. It's just not in the cards.
Only thing is is that this is a completely different situation...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hate to be mean and the bearer of bad news but let's be honest, we are AGAIN, taking stock in a Twitter leak, are you guys gullible or just flat out desperate.

Sakurai said he's straight up done. The Direct feels like that from every aspect and the last characters will forever be :4corrin::4bayonetta:.

It can't be a new game since that's way to early to work on so at most it's a port of the Wii U game + DLC and MAYBE extra content (with a giant emphasis on the maybe)

You guys are acting just as delusional as GameXplain acting like if this is legit, it's something big when it's just a meaningless port that a separate non-Sakurai team is probably organizing.

Why do you do this to yourself, why do you look like a damn fool when you know the evidence is there. We did it with multiple leaks and rumors and all you guys do is act shocked when something different happens that most people expected. You guys say you're the logical part of the Smash fanbase, ACT LIKE IT OR BE A DELUSIONAL DRONE LIKE COMMENTORS IN AN ETIKA VIDEO

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if this rumor is true, I severely doubts that we'll see any significant (or any at all) differences from the 3DS/Wii U roster.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Hey what can I say.

I want Snake. That's all.

Anyways, to take our minds off of theorycraft, who here is going to PAX East? I am (Friday only, it's a school trip).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I hate to be mean and the bearer of bad news but let's be honest, we are AGAIN, taking stock in a Twitter leak, are you guys gullible or just flat out desperate.

Sakurai said he's straight up done. The Direct feels like that from every aspect and the last characters will forever be :4corrin::4bayonetta:.

It can't be a new game since that's way to early to work on so at most it's a port of the Wii U game + DLC and MAYBE extra content (with a giant emphasis on the maybe)

You guys are acting just as delusional as GameXplain acting like if this is legit, it's something big when it's just a meaningless port that a separate non-Sakurai team is probably organizing.

Why do you do this to yourself, why do you look like a damn fool when you know the evidence is there. We did it with multiple leaks and rumors and all you guys do is act shocked when something different happens that most people expected. You guys say you're the logical part of the Smash fanbase, ACT LIKE IT OR BE A DELUSIONAL DRONE LIKE COMMENTORS IN AN ETIKA VIDEO
chill out bro,just let pepole have there fun.I dont agree with it but no real need to get angry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey what can I say.

I want Snake. That's all.

Anyways, to take our minds off of theorycraft, who here is going to PAX East? I am (Friday only, it's a school trip).
I was going to, but it got sold out. So I'm waiting on that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Errr.....no, it's not. At all.

Transferring from Wii U to 3DS and transferring from NX to 3DS is the same.
Well it is if you think about it, if they want to release another version of the game and add in new features, but at the same time let others be able to use the content on all versions of the game, then transferrable characters may be the way to go.

Besides, Sakurai changes his mind about things all the time, like when there are no DLC characters planned or no touch-screen implementation.

Also... It's all just a rumor anyway... -__________-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom