• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands

Who do you want to win this season?

• Benjamin “Coach” Wade

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Brendan Synnott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candace Smith

• Carolina Eastwood

• Debra “Debbie” Beebe

• Erinn Lobdell

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • James “JT” Thomas Jr.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Jerry Sims

• Joe Dowdle

• Sandy Burgin

• Sierra Reed

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Spencer Duhm

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Stephen Fishbach

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Sydney Wheeler

• Taj Johnson-George

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tyson Apostol

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

pronounced "token-sheens"
CBS Survivor - player profiles available!
Cast Announcement

Wikipedia entry
Video Preview

TV Guide Preview -- Find and watch parts A through H.

PREMIERE: February 12, 2009

TOCANTINS CAST
Benjamin “Coach” Wade
Brendan Synnott
Candace Smith - #2 OUT
Carolina Eastwood - #1 OUT
Debra “Debbie” Beebe
Erinn Lobdell
James “JT” Thomas Jr.
Jerry Sims - #3 OUT
Joe Dowdle
Sandy Burgin - #4 OUT
Sierra Reed
Spencer Duhm - #5 OUT
Stephen Fishbach
Sydney Wheeler
Taj Johnson-George
Tyson Apostol

- more information to come -

I am looking forward to this season. It looks like weather will be brought back as a strong element of the game. I missed that from the Micronesia season.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
first post!

Baawww, Buzz, you and you're quick thinking.

Anyways, I hope KDJ wins.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, it didn't rain much in Gabon, did it?

There was a previous season that took place in the Amazon; was that in Brazil as well?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
WOOT first page :)

i doubt i'll like this season as much as gabon...since ken was on it and i'm the type of guy that usually favors his first experience with something more than anything afterward buuuuuuuuuut...

i will be excited for this. :) i am now in love with survivor.

oh snap O_O applications for season 19 are due by january 14th. gabon just barely ended and we are already prepping up for 19th, while 18 is about to finish production.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think I'm going to blog as season 18 progresses.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hey buzzy, did you make this thread because of my suggestion in the gabon topic? ;P

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Anyone who openly claims to have submitted a Survivor 19 application must submit his/her application video to us to be scrutinized. Otherwise, you will be saw'd.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think it'd be hilarious to put a video up of myself.

isn't there some sort of rule that you can't let people know you applied? or is it just that you can't let people know if you are a finalist?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
There probably is a rule like that in the fine print somewhere. I wouldn't post my video until I were sure I had been rejected.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
LOL! As much as I liked cheering for Ken, it'll be nice having a fresh season where I have no predetermined favorites. I wanna meet a fresh cast and develop a liking for a few of them and cheer them on.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I know what you mean, you won't be forced to root for someone that you think should win, rather you'll start developing a favorite as the season goes, I can't wait.

but still...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My wife insists that they do a celebrity edition of Survivor sometime in the future.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. they should, funny you mention this what if there was a Survivor consisting of such players like Azen, Mew2King, Pc Chris, Isai all on the same show, it would be the best survivor season ever!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
My wife insists that they do a celebrity edition of Survivor sometime in the future.
YES!

I'm not the only one that thinks it's a great idea!

Think about it:

Dr. Phil vs Oprah, Micheal Jordan vs Brittney Spears, George Bush vs Eddie Murphy

They'd all be playing for charities, of course.

And, imagine with me if you will, Burton himself arrives on the island right before Jeff seperates the tribes, (and no one tells Jeff), and announces that Jeff is going to be the SUPRISE 20th celebrity of the season while Burton hosts it.

Picture the look on Jeff's face.

That'd be AWESOME!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hyyyyyyyype. I can't wait to send in my first application now that I'm 21 (and **** them for lowering the age to 18 now :/ ).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I do believe it was lowered to 18 for season 18.

Slow Panda

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am totally making a blog and/or podcast for this season. I wanna get down and dirty with the strategy being demonstrated in the game.

tocador

Smash Lord
If i tell you guys that i live in tocantis and that maybe if its possible i can go and say hello to the people on the survivor show would you beleive me :D?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If i tell you guys that i live in tocantis and that maybe if its possible i can go and say hello to the people on the survivor show would you beleive me :D?
No. Season 18 is already done filming.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I will be sure to add a poll to this thread once the season begins. I want to know whom everyone is rooting for. ^_^

I am definitely in favor of intelligent players. I cannot stand players who just coast through the game emotionally. You may have noticed my ramblings in the other thread: I just watched season 13, which is Cook Islands. The girl "Flicka" openly admitted she had little interest in actually playing the game. She preferred to eliminate the thinkers simply so she would not have to think herself. That is definitely a lazy system. I hope the actual players of this season seek to quickly eradicate such people. These mindless individuals cause untold amounts of damage if they make it to the end of the game.

Bring on Tocantins!!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
These mindless individuals cause untold amounts of damage if they make it to the end of the game.
*Spoilers*
*Cough Suzie and Sugar cough (Gabon)*
*Cough Courtney cough (China)*
*cough Dreamz and Cassandra cough* (Fiji)
*Spoilers*

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, you can't deny that eliminating social/strategic threats is a good tactic. In fact, those are the ones you want to go after ASAP (since physical threats can work in your favor). That's probably why Yau-Man got eliminated so early in Micronesia--he wasn't going to win anything for the tribe but he was still a threat.

OmegaXXII

I will be sure to add a poll to this thread once the season begins. I want to know whom everyone is rooting for. ^_^

I am definitely in favor of intelligent players. I cannot stand players who just coast through the game emotionally. You may have noticed my ramblings in the other thread: I just watched season 13, which is Cook Islands. The girl "Flicka" openly admitted she had little interest in actually playing the game. She preferred to eliminate the thinkers simply so she would not have to think herself. That is definitely a lazy system. I hope the actual players of this season seek to quickly eradicate such people. These mindless individuals cause untold amounts of damage if they make it to the end of the game.

I'll sure can't wait for it. :)

On to the topic of Survivor, the really emotional, skilless players such as Sugar, *coughCorrinecoughwhoI hatecough* should really be eliminated due to their constant whining and *****ing and absolutly offer no help, much less put even the slightest bit of effort toward most of these challenges, I fully agree with you Buzz .If Tocantins has more players physical players like Bob, Ace, and Matty then it will be a season to die for.

5ive

Smash Champion
Been a Survivor fan since forever.
Looking forward to this, because weather is again something to overcome. Plus, I think they will have to build shelter again. That was something that made this season's Survivor less "appealing" to me. They built on to an already made shelter, rather than making it from scratch.

The only reason I watched Gabon was for Ken :p

Top Bottom