• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Paloma was one of the most attractive girls on the show... its a real shame she got voted of so early :(

In regards to whoever said corinne only ever talked to people behind their backs, in the reunion show jeff said how she complained they didn't portray her as "evil" enough, and that she was edited alot.
really, i liked corinne and randy since they were so different and a breath of fresh air. Not to mention they were smart
but they were the bad guys so of course everyone hates them
Corrine is really stupid. It's pretty obvious.
Just look at her interviews. The level of delusionality (new words ftw lol) she displays requires stupidity. It doesn't matter how self-righteous she is, you HAVE to be stupid to be able to convince yourself of the BS she's saying.

And if she really did do anything all that eyebrow raising they wouldn't have edited it out lol. That stuff is exciting and makes people watch the show. Why would they edit something like that out?

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I don't know, I think Ken, Crystal, Sugar and possibly Randy voting for Matty would be feasible. Matty was on much better terms with Randy than Bob was. If you check Matty's Ponderosa clip, he seemed to be ok with Ken and Crystal and vice versa in the end.

I want to go on this show now, but losing 20lbs would suck, i'm already thin.

Man, if only Ken had voted Corrine instead of Matty, and they had voted out Bob instead of Randy like Matty/myself called.

Sugar did not play well, for herself at least. She had 0% chance of winning the million. I also don't see her as a good guy at all.
What Ponderosa clip? I didn't see any of them =[

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
This season was interesting. I kinda lost a little bit of interest in the finals since I really didn't want Bob, Sugar or Susie to win. However it was great in the fact that many things I've thought about actually happened.

The whole Fang tribe sucked miserably and somehow due to Susies flop managed to overtake the game.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sugar was really good at making some people like her, then she ended up teaming up with a new alliances, that made people feel portrayed. If Sugar didn't back stab Ken or Matty, I'm sure they would of voted for Sugar to win the prize. Sugar was such a wildcard in this game.
Susie making this far surprised me. Ken might of won this, if he stayed for one more round and won immunity on the last challenge.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
People need to stop saying Bob went back on his word. If he gave it to Ken, he would have gone home. There is no reason why he should've, Ken was trying to play him...but I do wish it worked :(.
The only thing Ken can ("Ken can"...lawl that sounds wierd when you say it haha) criticize Bob for is when him and Corrine told Ken and Crystal the idol was fake. If they had told the truth, Ken wouldn't have been in the situation with Matty being pissed at him. For that, Ken had the right to be a bit angry with, but not for Bob "going back on his word".

EDIT: and he wasn't even angry at Bob for that rofl. He knew Bob probably wouldn't give it to him, he just wanted Bob to admit he was playing him. /edit

Ken even said that he got arrogant by the end (which just makes him even cooler that he admitted that), and that is probably what he was talking about. He thought that everyone would do as he plans, and he didn't understand at first that Bob's decision was to survive, not to lie.

JC-Gamer

Smash Cadet
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth
**** it! Why did they vote Ken out? He was the only reason I was watching that show! He should have made it to the final three! I don't think he would have been voted out if he had of admitted to Bob at his last tribal council that it was wrong of him to back stab Bob. Oh well! I'm glad that Bob (he was my favourite after Ken) won because Sugar and Suzie both didn't deserve to make it that far. Suzie never did anything and Sugar was a tattling ***** who was always crying. She made that season to cheesy.

I missed the Reunion episode after the finale. Did it mention who Ken voted for?

infomon

Smash Scientist
No, I think the issue at Tribal is that Ken just wanted Bob to admit he was dishonest. Just say "yep, I was playin' you, it worked, QQ. I strategized and I lied, just like you." Then I think he would have earned Ken's respect, and maybe even his vote. Instead, Bob insists that he was perfectly honest and that somehow the deal doesn't count if Ken was going to backstab Bob. But that wasn't part of the arrangement at all. Bob backstabbed Ken but isn't man enough to admit it.

At least, that's how I think Ken interpreted the situation. Possibly he was trying to use this controversy to try and demonstrate to the Kota ppl that Bob isn't a man of his word, thus taking away a Bob vote possibly to Suzie. mindgames <3 Iunno tho.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's exactly what it was. There's an interview on CBS where Ken mentions he wanted Sugar and Bob to admit that everything they did was just them "playing the game".

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hehe newcomer. Bob was intense these last few rounds.

Anway, poor Ken. I wanted him to win X(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
He was a good sport once he got to Ponderosa though, which was really heartwarming to watch.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I missed the Reunion episode after the finale. Did it mention who Ken voted for?

Ken voted for Susie. You can tell because there is a smiley after the name, and Ken ALWAYS draws something on the paper where he wrote down the names. Too funny haha.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
if ken just kept matty and took him to the final 3 he could have won. the majority of the jury likes ken more than matty anyways, so it didn't even matter that he was a physical threat, bob was a much bigger threat in terms of the jury... ken didn't look that far ahead I guess, or maybe he didn't realize that they favor him over matty

TheM

Smash Rookie
I'm not surprised. None of the people in this Survivor game would care enough about smash to let him win. Even then, nice guys win out over jerks any day.
lolwut?

kenny wasn't "being a jerk", he was just playing the game, it IS just a game, after all.
anyways, he did a **** good job right up until the end, where he made some wierd decisions. (why did he vote matty that one tribal anyways?) but still, overall, him and bob deserve it the most. **** sugar and her naive thinking "oh the good guys should win!" >_>

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
also bob won the 100,000 e_e
Don't you mean $60,000? The million puts him in the top tax bracket, which cuts his extra winnings by 40%.

A waste, to be sure, but worthwhile. If Bob hadn't won the million (which he probably wasn't going to), he'd deserve at least 6 figures.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is my first season i've seen of survivor. I really don't like this show, not that Ken didn't win, but there's so much luck involved in this...I donno. =/

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
This is my first season i've seen of survivor. I really don't like this show, not that Ken didn't win, but there's so much luck involved in this...I donno. =/
yeah i know rite!? but in a way, that's why some people like it, sort of how SOME people like brawl more.....even though it's rawfulawlz

originally i thought it was all about the smartest/strongest

but it's not that at all so mmm, me and m2k are making our audition tape for the one after next year, hopefully one of us will get on

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i know rite!? but in a way, that's why some people like it, sort of how SOME people like brawl more.....even though it's rawfulawlz

originally i thought it was all about the smartest/strongest

but it's not that at all so mmm, me and m2k are making our audition tape for the one after next year, hopefully one of us will get on
lmfao your sig ***** so hard.

I'm not sure if they want another gamer on there >_>

Especially not m2k, that would absolutely kill our rep. Maybe PC. He's tight.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
all for you : ) haha

no no, that's why im gonna help him to establish a different personality on video

the audition video is all about personality, so if jason does enough things that display his personality, then it'll be good, i mean heck, once he's on there and starts talking about melee or brawl...they can't just kick him off

Overload

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say there's so much luck involved. Practically every challenge deals with skill.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Final vote, random merges, double elimination, the maze, etcetc.
It didn't always used to be that way, but Jeff's said that they're trying to keep the contestants guessing. They could surprise everyone next season by keeping it straightforward instead! What was wrong with the maze?! it was a legit challenge.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
The maze had a hefty amount of luck when it came to finding which hut had the pieces. A lot rested on navigation skills, but I bet that one person had to check at least 5-6 more huts than some others.

Survivor = smash with items on.

Overload

Smash Lord

Final vote, random merges, double elimination, the maze, etcetc.
Final vote isn't luck. A coin isn't flipped or anything of the sort. It's based on the impression you leave on people, and if they like you.
The maze has some element of luck because you had to hope you found the right ones.
Maybe a better word would be chance instead of luck? They're related though.

I know what you're trying to say though.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Final vote isn't luck. A coin isn't flipped or anything of the sort. It's based on the impression you leave on people, and if they like you.
The maze has some element of luck because you had to hope you found the right ones.
Maybe a better word would be chance instead of luck? They're related though.

I know what you're trying to say though.
Well not so much luck, but there's bitterness, bias, etcetc that really leads away from a fair vote. Like, Susie almost won for pete's sake.

Yeah.

Overload

Smash Lord

Well not so much luck, but there's bitterness, bias, etcetc that really leads away from a fair vote. Like, Susie almost one for pete's sake.

Yeah.
I'm glad susie didn't win. Bob definitely deserved it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom