• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
Lol @ Ken at Ponderosa.

How about it ladies?! I'll keep a beard if you want me too, wink wink.

How can you not like Ken? Even though he did do so massive moves, and manipulation, he seems really funny and is a good sport about it all even when the tables were turned on him.

Tyser

Smash Champion
It's cuz Brawl is better.
trufax.
If youre a faggot, a woman or a faggot, this logic makes sense.

Anyways, Ken dug his own grave after he said that shit at Tribal. He admitted that he was going to shit on Bob's heart. He deserved to go for having such a bad strategy. I wanted Suzie to win after Ken was elim'd. It woulda been redunkulous.

metaphysicist

Smash Cadet
Ah well. Ken did kind of screw himself over after voting for Matty. It was all bad move after that. I really think he could have survived that tribal council, but he was such a twit that he probably changed a couple minds. So once he was gone, I was rooting for Bob all the way. He probably would have been my fav from the beginning if not for the Ken bias, and once Ace was gone Bob became my favorite after Ken. Good guy, great to see he won both prizes.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, Ken dug his own grave after he said that shit at Tribal. He admitted that he was going to shit on Bob's heart. He deserved to go for having such a bad strategy. I wanted Suzie to win after Ken was elim'd. It woulda been redunkulous.
Yeah, I think Ken's problem was that he thought everyone else was playing the same game as he was. Thus they would be 100% behind him in trying to get Bob out. But, ultimately the best strategy seemed to be just hope for the best and perhaps wish upon a star and your set.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
****, now I want to be on survivor

WHY KEN

Edit: Oh, and someone should get to work on the super happy special "ALL SURVIVOR CLIPS KEN COMBO VIDEO," entitled 'Wait, what?!'

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO! i just watched ken shaving and talking about ladies at ponderosa

hes too good

seems like a funny guy to hang out with and talk to

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
Sugar gets the Dumbest Player of the Season Award. I was roting for her after I recovered from Ken being voted off, but then she totally changed. She got too emotionally attached to Bob and then pretty much decided to throw away her chance for a million dollars to him. That's not something I'd be proud of. Her judgement got clouded by her emotions at the time, which is unfortunate. It's like she didn't even want to win at the end, so I felt like she didn't deserve anything.
What chance at a million dollars?

The final 10 was 5 members of the Onion alliance, and the 5 Fang members with Matty, and Kenny. The only top 3 she could take to have a chance was Crystal-Susie, and she had a good chance of losing to Susie.

So she cast her Jury vote for Kenny, Matty, or Bob, and she settled on Bob. She's not stupid; she just knows where she stands.

To be fair to Marcus, Ken and Crystal did annihilate his alliance. He just wanted to be a leader for a few more days.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Well I gotta say Ken's Final Words speach was the least bitter and the best by far. He's proud over what he did and he admits being outplayed. I actually didn't think he was going to be so not-emotional/realistic, but it turns out that he can take a loss like a man.
He's way more mature then the onions could ever dream of becoming lmao.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
It's weird, because on one hand, he took the loss well and admitted to being outplayed, but on the other hand, he was so bitter about Bob's agreement. I mean... lying is part of the game and Ken knows that and has probably tricked more people than anyone else. How is breaking an agreement any different? O_o

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

Anyone else notice Susie got facepalmed by like half the jury?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Susie was giving her speech on why people should vote for her. xD

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I would've wanted Sugar to win. She played the best game out of all the people in the F3, honestly.
How dare you say that? Bob obviously did. He made 2 fake immunity idols, very smart move. And Sugar was too busy telling everyone how she sucks at the game. >.>

Meh, she lost anyways though..

ROCKER09

Smash Cadet

Anyone else notice Susie got facepalmed by like half the jury?
LOL i wasn't even thinking of that when i saw it!!! :p

But seriously, this was one of the most entertaining survivor series I have ever watched. Ken outwitted and outplayed, but i think his downfall was the whole "Bob immunity" controversy, he just couldnt accept the fact that somebody had lied to him and was playing the game like he had been doing the whole time.

Congrats to Bob, he played an amazing game and was well deserving of the player of the series award.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I really liked Ken's last speech. I was a little disappointed after he wouldn't let the Bob betrayal go, but he realized afterward his mistake. Still, good playing overall. Bob was my second-favorite, so I'm happy. His fake idol was too pro.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
On a side note. Marcus is as immature as a little kid. He actually set "ground rules" that Charlie couldn't talk to Ken. WTF.
(It's in one of the Ponderosa videos)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Marcus was such an ******* in TC. He was much worse then Corrine (Corrine is just acting)
He tries to criticize Suzie with "since you're a mom, you shouldn't be alowed to play this game".
WTF Marcus? If you don't like the way the game is being played, don't play it. I should'nt even have to bring up that he lied to Suzie during the game.
Marcus' logic in a nutshell "If what you do something in the game that minimizes the chance of me winning, it's dishonorable!". Typical scrub.

And then he gets EVEN MORE self-righteous and tells Sugar about how she would deserve the mill if she'd do what he'd do with the money (if he had it). I puked when he said "like me" to Sugar.

And then he shrugs her off with this arrogant "we'll see if that's worth my vote", AFTER MAKING HER UNNECESSARILY BRING UP HER FATHERS DEATH FOR SELF-RIGHTEOUS REASONS. How can you be so ****ing disrespectful?
Biggest ******* ever? Probably. Biggest scrub ever? Without a doubt.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Lucky Bob is lucky. Sugars emotions made her an unpredictable, volatile, destructive force, making seemingly random choices, leading to the downfall of all her closest allies. I'm sure Matty was pissed that she voted for him. It's amazing how much Sugar contributed to Bob winning.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ken was just too bitter in the questioning. I have respect for the game he played and I would not have minded him winning, at all, but at the final Tribal, he was just so bitter at Bob.

He'd already tried to paint bob as some kind of evil man of no honor at his own losing Tribal, to his own detriment. Yeah, don't dig up dirt on people if they have better dirt to counter with ("O RLY? You were gonna vote me out as soon as you'd weaseled Immunity from me!").

Then, at the final questioning, he was all: "That was not what I wanted to hear from you!". Like what, you want him to say "I'm sorry, Almighty Ken, for 'betraying' you!"? Ken tried to guilt Bob into giving him immunity. It's all good. Bob almost gave him immunity, that was also all good, despite Bob being a big sop if he'd actually gone through with he (he would have, IMO).

But then Ken tried to take it a step further by exploiting that to try to blindside Bob. At this point, Bob was fully justified to "go back on his word". If you know that if you help someone, that one someone will use that to kill you, would it not be justified to not help them? I mean, where's the sleaze here? Sometimes, it's fully OK to not keep a promise. It seemed as if Ken had already made up his mind and just wanted to make Bob look like a bad guy to wrestle more votes away from him.

Susie only got 3 votes because of bitterness. Ken's bitterness rubbed off on Crystal, no doubt, so they were never ever going to vote for Sugar and Bob, thus, 2 votes to Susie. Matty was bitter, kinda in his own right, for Sugar helping Bob get a final chance at the million and I guess he was bitter at Bob for winning against him, so there went another vote for Susie.

This, or, Ken's indecisiveness might indicate he actually voted for Bob or something. I don't know how Randy voted. He liked none of the people in the Final 3, so either he voted for Bob or Ken did. If Ken did, then I commend him (and I'm also WTF:ed). If Randy did, then he cast the deciding vote, and that's scary in itself.

I just think that Susie so didn't deserve to almost win 1 mill by just 1 vote. Sugar deserved at least one vote. She played a weird game, but, at least she played it. Susie did almost nothing. All she really did was flip and inadvertently bring down the entire Onion Alliance. She didn't really play the game (much), was didn't do much in challenges except for individual immunity challenges and she didn't really do much around camp from what I saw.

Classic coat-tail rider, which is fine. But 3 out of 7 votes? Come on!

People whine about the Onion Alliance being bitter, but come on! Ken, Crystal and Matty voting for Susie?! That's bitterness right there. Sugar deserved some of that, no doubt. Say what you want about Sugar, but she was way better than Susie!

Marcus was such an ******* in TC. He was much worse then Corrine (Corrine is just acting)
He tries to criticize Suzie with "since you're a mom, you shouldn't be alowed to play this game".
You criticize Marcus for this, yet nothing Ken's way? None of that super-bias showing, no siree!

Marcus' logic in a nutshell "If what you do something in the game that minimizes the chance of me winning, it's dishonorable!". Typical scrub.
The same thing can be said about Ken.

And then he shrugs her off with this arrogant "we'll see if that's worth my vote", AFTER MAKING HER UNNECESSARILY BRING UP HER FATHERS DEATH FOR SELF-RIGHTEOUS REASONS. How can you be so ****ing disrespectful?
What the hell? Him criticizing Susie might have been a bit off, but he threw stuff in there himself here. He'd also lost a family member. They had something in common. He asked her a legit question about if she was going to use any of that 1 mill to honor her dad. It's a perfectly legit question.

I really liked Ken's last speech. I was a little disappointed after he wouldn't let the Bob betrayal go, but he realized afterward his mistake. Still, good playing overall. Bob was my second-favorite, so I'm happy. His fake idol was too pro.
Was Ken the deciding vote to give Bob the victory? If so, good show. I was still totally disappointed in his bitterness there. You played the game, Bob decided to play it against you, too. Why the bitterness?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Randy voted for Bob, his vote was indeed pointed out to be the deciding vote.

I'm not surprised that Sugar got no votes.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Randy voted for Bob, his vote was indeed pointed out to be the deciding vote.

I'm not surprised that Sugar got no votes.
I'm not surprised either. I'm just saying that if people could just let go of their bitterness, Sugar should've gotten some of Susie's votes. I'm not gonna way Susie is nuts and deserve to die or anything, I have no such ill feelings towards her.

But she did nothing to deserve 3 out of 7 votes.

This was one hell of a bitter jury. The majority of the members on that jury had already made up their minds either who to vote for or at least 1 person they would never ever vote for. Except maybe Charlie. Charlie sounded, acted and is just nice enough to have been open enough to have given everyone an equal opportunity, despite probably being biased towards Bob to begin with.

BTW, I'm currently watching the Reunion show, which explains why I might not know a few things that were revealed in it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Well, with a 4v3 split, you could say that every vote was a deciding vote, lol

It's hard to say that Sugar "deserved" more votes than Suzie, because the fact that she got so few votes shows that she was playing one aspect of the game wrong. Err, "wrong" maybe not in her mind, but she hadn't intended to win the million, which put her in a great position to get to the F3 but no further. She sealed her own fate.

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Yuna: Watch some of the extra clips at cbs. They show Ken saying that all he wanted at tribal was for someone to say 'I did it because I was playing the game'. That's what he wanted from Bob, not an apology. The extra vids show that Ken was a good sport and such, definitely worth a watch.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
You criticize Marcus for this, yet nothing Ken's way? None of that super-bias showing, no siree!
??Nothing I said about Marcus can be said about Ken. If Ken was acting like that in TC I'd hate him for sure. But he didn't.
The same thing can be said about Ken.
No, it can't.
The Bob thing is completely different because all Ken wanted was for Bob to admit that he wasn't a man of his word. He didn't criticize his strategies or call his strategies dishonorable.

You're not even making a point, stop trying to stick out with your im not biased BS.
I mean, why did you even mention Ken? My post wasn't about Ken and had nothing to do with him. I never compared Ken and Marcus. Maybe I even thought that Ken was being a scrub, but chose not to mention it in that post, which would make lots of sense since the post I made WASN'T ABOUT KEN. I don't think that Ken is a scrub, but that's beyond the point.
Why would you respond to my post talking about ken unless you wanted to point out how non-biased you are compared to everyone else? :|
You're ****ing ridicoulus. Stop quoting me.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, with a 4v3 split, you could say that every vote was a deciding vote, lol
Yes, but the vote was split going in.

The Onion Alliance vs. Kenny and his Merry Band of... er... people. The Onion Alliance were all for Bob, we knew that. Ken, Crystal and Matty were bitter at Bob and Sugar for outplaying, outwitting and outlasting them right there at the end, especially Sugar, but by proxy Bob.

Bob won against Matty and Matty didn't seem like he could let go of that. Crystal was bitter at being blindsided, but maybe not bitter enough to actually vote for Susie. But I'm sure Ken made sure she would've vote for Sugar or Bob. Ken was just so, so bitter about the whole "You lied to me! Twice"-BS.

It's hard to say that Sugar "deserved" more votes than Suzie, because the fact that she got so few votes shows that she was playing one aspect of the game wrong. Err, "wrong" maybe not in her mind, but she hadn't intended to win the million, which put her in a great position to get to the F3 but no further. She sealed her own fate.
But Susie wasn't playing the game at all. She did nothing to do deserve any votes, ever. Sugar did at least a few things. She was kinda cunning in her own way, much more so that Susie, at the very least.

Randy was the free agent. He didn't like any of the people in the Final 3. He didn't go in there poised to vote for anyone. Who knows, maybe his vote was chosen at random (I'm still watching the Reunion Show).

Yuna: Watch some of the extra clips at cbs. They show Ken saying that all he wanted at tribal was for someone to say 'I did it because I was playing the game'. That's what he wanted from Bob, not an apology. The extra vids show that Ken was a good sport and such, definitely worth a watch.
Oh thank God. I thought Kenny had snapped there and gone and become some kind of bitter little gnome (well, he is little... and he sounded bitter... and gnomes are bad) or something.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
??Nothing I said about Marcus can be said about Ken. If Ken was acting like that in TC I'd hate him for sure. But he didn't.
You criticized him for his question for Sugar. That was a totally legit question. You tried to turn it into some kind of evil question.

No, it can't.
The Bob thing is completely different because all Ken wanted was for Bob to admit that he wasn't a man of his word. He didn't criticize his strategies.
Marcus said something to Susie. You said it was a bitter statement and made him a ******* or whatever. Well, Ken couldn't let the whole immunity-lie-thing go. What does that make him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom