• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
yhea and since i noticed he was an idiot who would just keep on arguing for the sake of arguing, i decided to abuse that to have a little fun through pissing him off and defending himself through writing essay-length replys. which he did. :laugh:. and i barely even read them, rofl. i havent even started reading his 2 recent posts, and i dont plan to
obviously, almost everything i've said lately has to been to piss him off a little extra ;) like everything you just quoted (every opinion i've expressed about the show is 100% my opinion tho)

sorry yuna, but it was fun for me
So you admit to trolling. You didn't even read my posts (which was blatantly obvious) and instead just insulted me, wrote a bunch of BS and generally trolled me.

Yes, it was indeed random/unpredictable, but it is nothing like a bob-omb spawning during your Falcon knee. Marcus' "integrity" held him back. If he was sooo worried about Suzie jumping, why didn't he join Ken's alliance and take out Bob? Many players this season made the mistake of "going down with the ship". They refused to find new alliances when they discovered their own alliances were dying.

Marcus was so bent on being honest and "fair" that he was taken out by someone able to make good decisions at the right time.
I made absolutely no apologies for that. The only thing I argued was the last tribal switch before the merge, because it seemed so random and unnecessary. Anything that happened after it was totally the fault of the players if they made huge mistakes.

But the switch itself was random and seemingly unnecessary.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Oh how terrible of me! I accdientaly threw it in there and then wrote A instead of 1! Totally warrants your post!
I accept your apology.

I was pointing out how totally needless it was. They were just days from a merge, why merge now of all times? That random merge then went on to have a tremendous impact on the game.

It was also something the players had no control over and it was completely random (you didn't get to choose your new allies). So it was a seemingly needless, random thing that totally screwed up the game.
Umm, it's a TV show. The powers that be don't give 2 craps about what's fair or random or who deserves what. They care about making the show as entertaining as possible. Watching that tribe switch happen and then watching Onion being too stubborn and arrogant to do anything but whine as their ship went down in flames (instead of um I don't know, ADAPTING?) was highly entertaining.
Why does no one talk about how Susie's name was written down along with Dan's the week before that tribe switch? I'm sure that placed just the right amount of insecurity in her that might have caused her to flip. The Dan vote was the beginning of the unravelling of the Onion, Susie just pulled the string a bit.

greenblob

Smash Lord
RealityNewsOnline said:
RNO: Speaking of which, from what we saw, it looked like you were perhaps confused about when the idol needed to be played, because otherwise there was no reason to have Crystal vote against Corinne. Can you explain what happened there?

Ken: They edited it way off. I knew the idol was fake because I saw Bob going in and out - he ripped a head off the immunity necklace and took some beads from torches and made his own idol. Before Tribal Council, I asked Bob and Corinne, "If I put down Matty tonight, will you give me your jury votes?" They said yeah and they'll also convince the others in thejury. I wanted to take Sugar and Crystal to the final three.

I knew I'd lose Matty as a jury vote, but if he made it to the final three, I had a chance to beat him. That's why I told Crystal to put down Corinne, because I wanted her jury vote. I knew at that time she didn't know I was playing her, and she even said in her final words that she hoped for me and Bob.

RNO: But that put you in an awkward position with your alliance.

Ken: No, I told Crystal and Sugar I was putting down Matty and they were totally okay with that. That's why when we got back, Sugar was like Matty's going next. He was whining a lot but I never promised him anything and never wanted him to go to the final three because he flipped on me. Sugar was okay with that.

I knew 100% the idol was fake. I was playing Bob and Corinne. I really didn't flip on my alliance - I was with them the whole way. They edited it the way they edited it.
Wait, what?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^ Do you have any more links to interviews with Ken? If so please post them, I'd love to see some interviews :)
that's really interesting tho. it's really gay they edited that off, making him look stupid :(
*waits for yuna to talk about how biased i am for not talking about they edited other people to look stupid aswell*

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I actually think the producers are trying to cut down on predictable alliance patterns. I heard that in one of the foreign Survivor shows it is illegal to discuss the vote directly. It's a stupid rule (I'm glad the American version hasn't adopted it), but it just goes to show that they're trying to cut down on one alliance forming a numbers alliance and just slowing devouring the opposing alliance. I'm glad that Fang made a vicious comeback as the season went on. Kota was stupid.

I'd like to see more twists in the future. For instance, instead of tribal immunity, there should be one round where you win gender immunity (all girls or all guys are immune, but both tribes go to TC).

Levitas

the moon
I don't know. There needs to be a balancing factor somewhere, but I don't think more randomization should be the solution. That's a lot like putting items from off to medium to high for a tournament.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, this season, Sugar was all the randomness it needed.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Unless they start ranking how you did in challenges and the person with the lowest score goes home, there will always be "randomness" in Survivor. The social aspect and alliance-forming parts of the game assure this.

edit: @ that Reality News Online quote:
huh. I did think it was odd that at the beginning of the episode after Ken wrote down Matty, Sugar said "matty has to go next." So it really was Crystal being mean to him that made her switch.....how ********.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
i cant believe people are flaming eachother over a 2 bit generic reality tv show.

Personally im a ken fanboy as he was the only reason i watched survivor. I'm pissed he lost and will never watch the show again. I am surprised he made it that far though. It was entertaining.

Also the hot girl ken was creeping on shouldn't have been eliminated so early on

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
All in all, I liked the last few seasons. I think the changes are improving the game.

Revven

FrankerZ
they're just a bunch of c0ckblockers hahaha, to be honest, i think the majority of smash players that watched this show this time solely because ken was on it, a lot of people never ever watch the show
Shoot, I know I haven't ever watched Survivor until this season (and I will undoubtedly not watch it again). I used to think it was pretty overrated and not that great of a show, lo and behold it really isn't unless Ken is there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
All in all, I liked the last few seasons. I think the changes are improving the game.
I just wonder how my perspective on this season would have changed if I didn't know Ken was a Melee champ and just another guy instead. I probably would have still rooted for him anyway because he's Asian and because of his strategic thinking and occasional humorous moment.

Is it just me, or have the last few seasons been really intense? Like the majority of players are getting more aggressive and being more proactive about their strategies? Maybe I'm just getting older and understanding the game better (I've watched almost every season since the first one).

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
to anyone wondering, the tribal swaps, challenges, merge, EVERYTHING are all planned ahead of time before the season starts. this isn't just jeff deciding "eh onion alliance is too strong, let's fake merge." the producers want an entertaining show (which wasn't until ken started blindsiding ace) but they don't directly interfere with anything.

also, afaik, jeff talks to each survivor before tribal council to get a status report on what's going on, so he knows what kinds of questions to ask. editing the hundreds of hours of footage within three days is just ludicrous.

also, anyone know of a place where i can read up on basic and advanced survivor strategy? i wish i could watch every season of survivor but that doesn't seem to be possible...

also i'm DEFINITELY watching the next season of survivor, which airs the sunday before valentine's day iirc.

we should make a thread in one of the other boards for survivor discussion :) i'm sure a lot of us here are first-time fans that will continue watching

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Need more Survivor >=O

I've just finished watching China and Micronesia. Any recommendations on what I should watch next?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wanna see Survivor: Antarctica.
**** it Buzz. I was just about to say something like Survivor: Canada, but that works just as well. xD If they really wanted originality, they should really go somewhere freezing and dead instead of hot and lively. xD

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Phillipines actually sounds like a solid location. I hope they do it eventually.

I am unrealistically hoping for Survivor: Korea. I could jabber with natives... if I were near any. XD

M.K

Level 55
Survivor: General Brawl Discussion

Seriously, not ONE person would be able to survive that.

"What happened to Lisa?"
"She's stuck in a locked post."
"Oh, gotcha"

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Egads. Michelle is still horrifically unattractive. Run, Ken! Run!

Where is this picture from?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
*checks image sources*

Yeah, let's refrain from posting direct access to Facebook pictures. They're supposed to be behind access barriers for a reason. Let's take 'em down, k?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
*checks image sources*

Yeah, let's refrain from posting direct access to Facebook pictures. They're supposed to be behind access barriers for a reason. Let's take 'em down, k?
rawr. But it was taken by some creeper at the final reunion. xD KK, imma change it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Don't get me wrong. It's fun seeing more pics, but those were from private albums. It's just respectful. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom