• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Gillian at least recognized the danger of her position.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it doesn't look good for Ken. Based on interviews, and other stuff Jeff Probst has written, it seems as if Ken will get voted off tonight, and Matty will end up winning.

Jeff keeps talking about how Ken could win if he doesn't get overconfident. He's said this many times. Last episode Ken got the "evil edit". This episode he gets overconfident (asking Bob to give him immunity if he wins it, and expecting it to actually happen that way). I would not put it past Bob to do what Dreamz did to Yau-Man a few seasons back (Dreamz didn't give Yau-Man immunity even though he promised him he would). Then Ken goes home.

There is a lot of evidence pointing to Matty winning. If not only for the fact that Jeff said we'd be happy with the winner. Question: Why would they want to give Ken an evil edit if he's the winner, and we're supposed to be happy for the winner? Matty is the only one besides Bob that has a chance of winning, and it seems obvious that Bob's going to go.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it doesn't look good for Ken. Based on interviews, and other stuff Jeff Probst has written, it seems as if Ken will get voted off tonight, and Matty will end up winning.

Jeff keeps talking about how Ken could win if he doesn't get overconfident. He's said this many times. Last episode Ken got the "evil edit". This episode he gets overconfident (asking Bob to give him immunity if he wins it, and expecting it to actually happen that way). I would not put it past Bob to do what Dreamz did to Yau-Man a few seasons back (Dreamz didn't give Yau-Man immunity even though he promised him he would). Then Ken goes home.

There is a lot of evidence pointing to Matty winning. If not only for the fact that Jeff said we'd be happy with the winner. Question: Why would they want to give Ken an evil edit if he's the winner, and we're supposed to be happy for the winner? Matty is the only one besides Bob that has a chance of winning, and it seems obvious that Bob's going to go.
not sure about that, matty barely got any edits at all ever, it was all about ken and sugar this whole season

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Truthfully, I've been following the editing and stuff with Survivor for a few seasons now, with things such as intro shots, storylines and etc. It should be pointed out that Probst has said many times that he liked Ken more and more as he really started to grow on him. Matty's edit doesn't really fit with that of a winner, whereas Ken's does, and there's been something spilled by an eliminated person about Matty that makes me think he doesn't win. Look at the scene with Michelle and Ken on episode 1. The scene was show clearly for the purpose of comparing Ken and Michelle. Ken talks about having to adapt, and Michelle talks about refusing to do so. It's to (in my opinion) show us why Michelle's voted out first and Ken goes on to win.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Woah, didnt know if this was said already, but in the info on my TV guide for the episode tonight it says "the hidden immunity idol is put into play at tribal counsel". I think Sugar would give it to Matty =/

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
There's also a lot of evidence pointing to Matty not winning. There's his edit, and I'm pretty sure several interviews have pointed to him not being in final 3.
Only Randy's interview, from what I'm aware of, has mentioned Matty not being in the final three. But as I've said before, I wouldn't put it past Randy to just say that. He's the kind of person that would do something like that. He's a hardcore Survivor fan and has been one since season one. He loves to mess with the fans and have them expect stuff that doesn't happen. He's done this earlier in the season.

And I could see Jeff expecting people to be happy for Matty because of the whole marriage proposal thing. Jeff said that was one of the "most endearing moments in Survivor history" which I don't really think so but that's just me :p.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Woah, didnt know if this was said already, but in the info on my TV guide for the episode tonight it says "the hidden immunity idol is put into play at tribal counsel". I think Sugar would give it to Matty =/
she has to use it sometime... . Doesnt mean itll change anything though.

I hope she doesnt give it to bob

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, true..

They've had winners on original Survivor: All-Stars, though. All taken out before the jury though. There's also a trend of "all-stars" going stupid.
Rupert was the coolest non winning guy on survivor. He got into all-stars by a landslide. Period. (Im not counting ken, because we dont know if he will win or not.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well in any case, if Sugar decides to save Bob from Ken's "vote-out plan" then I really will lose all respect for Sugar, I mean c'mon this is SWF, we're suppose to root for the underdog right?

Ken just screwed up big time last week by voting for Matty at Tribal Council, let's just hope it won't affect him at all after tonight's Tribal Council.

OmegaXXII

Well true, Sugar won't exactly use it on any other person other than herself, but stil, there is a small chance she could if she feels like she's in no danger, or feels like she has a chance at winning if a certain player stays.

OmegaXXII

Isn't it going to be the final 5 instead of 4 after tonight?

And just to clarify is the season finale going to air on Sunday (Dec.14)?

if it is drats, unfortunetly I have a very important party to attend that evening and I won't be able to see it until the next day which will suck. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah Koopa, it's gonna end Sunday the 14th (and gonna run from 8pm to 11pm I'd imagine), so set your TiVo, VCR, or whatever. And the way I see it with Sugar, she could give the HII to Matty so that he wouldn't feel so worried about last week's vote and so on. Just because the Hidden Immunity Idol might come into play or might get used doesn't mean that it has to affect the vote at all. Hell, perhaps the biggest Hidden Immunity Idol play involved someone who DIDN'T need to use the HII using it.

OmegaXXII

Yeah Koopa, it's gonna end Sunday the 14th (and gonna run from 8pm to 11pm I'd imagine), so set your TiVo, VCR, or whatever.
Hmm... I see, thanks and yes I have to set my DVR.

Also, Sugar isn't likely to give here immunity idol unless it's her on the line.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
I don't get this picture:

It's a yet to be played challenge. Bob, Crystal, and Ken look to have the clean clothes they had at the beginning, yet it is already the merge. Susie's clothes are dirty even though she won some new fresh clothes. Matty's clothes are old. Sugar's look pretty clean also. Explanation?

You watch this video and it's obvious that Ken's clothes are different.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice

It's a yet to be played challenge. Bob, Crystal, and Ken look to have the clean clothes they had at the beginning, yet it is already the merge. Susie's clothes are dirty even though she won some new fresh clothes. Matty's clothes are old. Sugar's look pretty clean also. Explanation?

We know that Ken and Crystal win reward (them and their big robes), so we can assume that Bob does too. And as for Sugar: what clothes?

I hope that this doesn't mean that Ken and Crystal actually form a real allience with Bob (choosing him to come on the reward with them). That would suck.

OmegaXXII

What's there to get?
It's just clothes preference, judging by Susie of course.

demonguitar

Smash Rookie
kenny voted for corrine because that way she would most likely vote for him to win the million

OmegaXXII

WOW

It's good to see that Sugar has a "good alliance" with Ken and Crystal

looks like Matty found out about Kenny voting for him, I guess he recognized his handwriting.

Matty looks like the next target for everyone at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom