• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
Its time we sat down and looked at each possible match up at the end.
The closest would be either
Ken vs Matty->
Krystal Corrine Suzie
vs
Sugar Marcus Charlie Randy
with bob as the swing vote

And Ken vs Sugar
Suzie Krystal Randy Corrine (ken)
vs
Bob Marcus Charile matty
If it came to Ken vs Krystal
Ken wins easy (All of Kota hates Krystal)
If it came down to Ken vs Suzie
Ken would win. (See above)
If it came down to Ken vs Bob
Bob would win.

Ken needs to get bob out now
Then Sugar then matty
Leave it with Ken Suzie And Krystal final 3
Charlie hates sugar (he said it in an interview)

Plus don't forget about Corrine being able to get people to vote for who she wants, because i think she can.

As long as Matty and bob aren't in the final 3, ken will win.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler

You're steeler and you're not from nsider anymore? lol, which mod did you persuade to get your named changed?
i've always been steeler hun. :p it's just that when i first signed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in january 06, i (stupidly) decided to put "from Nintendo NSider!" on there since those forums are where i'd first heard of this place...anyway, my name was ridiculously long.

i still lol everytime someone thinks i'm from some nintendo magazine :laugh:

and i don't want to say the mod's name because then people will start bugging them for a name change because of me! :p

anyways, don't rule out sugar making a power play and, after bob and (i assume) matty are eliminated, trying to take ken out at f4 so that she has a better shot at first and doesn't settle for second. i wouldn't doubt it, but she does seem content with second behind kenny...

sugar/susie/crystal would be SUCH a lame f3 though hahaha. those three are the three that did the LEAST in the game to get there...and no one is likeable. jeff's comment that we'll like the f3 makes me think the plan will either run as planned, sugar/crystal/ken or matty surprises everyone and takes sugar and...idk someone else? i can't possibly fathom both matty and ken in the finals, one of them will stab the other. matty IS pretty likeable, and the fact that he is now a fiancee will surely entice some of the jury to vote for him.

proposing to jamie was a pretty good strategic move lol

but if he doesn't win immunity at both f5 AND f4...ken will probably take him out.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
If Matt and Bob go, Sugar won't have the numbers to take Ken out of the final 4, because crystal will never switch
actually, i'm going to backtrack on this. if crystal could see that she'd have a better chance of taking anything but third, i think she'd seriously considering taking ken out.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
from a ken point of view, nothing can compare in importance to the surprise second tribal swap and susie's flip, which effectively took the onions out of the game and put ken in the driver's seat.

no episode has changed the direction of the season more than that one, and yall can't deny it. :bee:

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
lol it obviously changed everything. I'd be pretty pissed if I was in the onion, they had the game in the bag. It woulda been boring until like final 6

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
Omg Nsider brings back memories, I was on Nsider.

I was actually a member since wayyy back before Nsider on those zelda forums called Hyrule Town Square.

Omg that was sooo long ago.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I deffinetly think the onions could've made it if they didn't make a bunch of crucial mistakes.

They should've flat-out voted out Susie when they had the chance. They knew she had a tendency to flip. Convincing Dan to stay with them would've been much easier. Or atleast they should've only voted for 1 person, when they made it clear to Susie that she was as far down as you could get in the pecking order they just increased the chances of her flipping.
Not to mention, Marcus handled the situation like an idiot after the tribe switch. He should've let Susie decide who was voted out and try to make her feel important, while also lying about Crystal/Ken being dishonest or something like that. He should've worked harder to make her feel like she had a shot at winning with old Kota, and that she would just get screwed over ASAP if she went with old Fang.

Also, if Corrine and Randy would've been smart enough to not act like *******s they would've been able to convince Sugar to vote with them after the merge (the episode when Charlie was voted out)

They still had the numbers after the tribe switch supposedly screwed them over. It's true that they probably would've won if they either had predicted the tribe switch and planned accordingly, but in a game like survivor you can't expect that no twists are gonna happen. You need to take risks into account when planning, and if something unexpected happens a good player should be able to use it to his advantage or atleast work around it.

It would've certainly been possible for the Onion to win. In fact when the tribe-switch after the feast came the cynical part of me kept saying that this probably won't help Ken at all. Kota had the numbers and strong, solid alliances.

It's amazing that Ken managed to get to where he was after being in such a horrible position. As much as I want to credit Ken, it would'nt have happened if the Onion hadn't played so poorly.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The more I watch the show, the more I start to think alliances are dangerous. I mean, I would certainly seek out alliances if I played the game, but some players seem to forget to watch out for themselves. They expect the alliance to magically protect them. Corinne chose to go down with the ship instead of attempt to form a new alliance.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
But with how she's been acting, I doubt anyone would want to team with her, unless maybe they planned to use her for a round then backstab her.

Also, Corrine tried to form an alliance with Ken and Crystal. ^^;

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
it woulda worked if they didnt mention any idol... thats whats so funny... All they had to say is lets take out matty... and boom it was done.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The strategy of the season is "pick one alliance and just hope it survives".

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just now found out that the season ends on Sunday. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom