• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supposed Roster leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
This is not my roster
Supposedly, a graphics designer on staff for Prima (guide books for games) has leaked the roster, and is as follows:

Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

Though the roster seems legit I don't know where they got this from stated no source or anything so this could be false. What do you think of it?
Here is the link I got the info from http://nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Sad thing being, it looks so legit. We'll just see whats in CoroCoro

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
lol i may have found it semi believeable but for the fact that every third party that people want is on their as a char which seems very unlikely at the moment but we will see

NejiUchiha

Smash Cadet
I really hope this is not the roster because some of those characters are really ********. I mean "animal crossing villager." What would be his final smash? HE talks you to death. MEgaman though has a good chance on being in brawl.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Well think about it. If someone as generic as "Pokemon trainer" can make it into the Brawl Roster, surely an Animal Crossing character could make it. Besides, don't they have their own little symbol or something.

Another thing that makes this list semi-believable, is the fact that Lucario isn't on there. Think about it, Sakurai has to let someone down.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
this sounds somewhat realistic.i doubt its the real roster though.even if it is,sakurai is bound 2 change between now and the release of brawl.o and u spelled sheik wrong ;)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Not with Ness on the list, no...

But yeah, wasnt this already proven fake?

Pengie

Smash Lord
The guy who made this already admited to it being fake. There was also another thread exactly like this in the General Brawl section.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
K. Rool and WW Link killed the list.

Although, it did indeed look legit...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
This has already been deconfirmed in a lot of threads already, and the creator of the list has admitted to lying about it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
lol i may have found it semi believeable but for the fact that every third party that people want is on their as a char which seems very unlikely at the moment but we will see
Is it really that difficult to believe that both Geno and Mega Man could make it? It seems pretty likely to me, to be honest.

Zevox

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
This is so last week. ;)
Done and Done.

And even if people DIDN'T believe the fact it was already admitted to be a lie, seriously, look at it. All those characters excluding the already revealed Dojo characters, are all the characters that people have been hoping for. Olimar, Cel-Link, and to top it, K. Rool? Seriously. And Ridley's just not going to even be considered. He's like 4x the size of Bowser.

Maybe Ridley'd be a 1P mode boss...Sweet.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Again I just wanted to make sure it wasn't true so I posted it so the real brawl fan can tell me, and for that I thank you very much. I had a feeling it was false too but I didn't want to look into it, so I posted it to see if someone knows the truth, which they did. It is a relief to know this is fake, It is to boring.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
I say its fake because it calls the AC human Animal Crossing Villager, if a AC human does make it to brawl it at least needs a specific name or something

vesperview

Smash Hero
And Ridley's just not going to even be considered. He's like 4x the size of Bowser.

What a terrible logic, Ridley to begin with, was Samus's size in the first Metroid, Bowser has been ten times bigger than he is in the Smash series, so please, size is not even an argument.

I say its fake because it calls the AC human Animal Crossing Villager, if a AC human does make it to brawl it at least needs a specific name or something

Like this guy right?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pokemon Trainer?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And Ridley's just not going to even be considered. He's like 4x the size of Bowser.
You do realize Ridley only exists in video games, right? He has no physical size, you see. He's only as big as someone creates him to be. You'd have to be blind to not have noticed this yet already in Smash. Have you noticed how tiny Princess Peach's Castle is compared to the characters fighting on top of it? Same thing goes for the Great Fox stage. Maybe you've noticed how huge Kirby is compared to other characters when he's only supposed to be eight inches tall in his games? Then again, maybe Bowser is just a foot tall in Smash. More likely, however, is that size really doesn't matter in a game like Smash, and characters, stages, items, etc., are sized in a way to make them fit into the game.

Or, he could also be playable. I really doubt they'll screw Metroid out of another character this time, especially considering how far Metroid has come as a series since Melee's release. Metroid was represented well-enough in Smash 64 with only Samus, Just as Legend of Zelda was represented well-enough with only Link. Then the Mario and LoZ series got many supporting characters in Melee due to their popularity. It's understandable for Metroid to not get anymore characters since it had not come any further as a series than when Smash 64 released. (However, some evidence may suggest that Ridley was meant to be playable in Melee...) But now, Metroid really deserves atleast one more (non-Samus) character. There's no excuse for Ridley not being in Brawl...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
You do realize Ridley only exists in video games, right? He has no physical size, you see. He's only as big as someone creates him to be. You'd have to be blind to not have noticed this yet already in Smash. Have you noticed how tiny Princess Peach's Castle is compared to the characters fighting on top of it? Same thing goes for the Great Fox stage. Maybe you've noticed how huge Kirby is compared to other characters when he's only supposed to be eight inches tall in his games? Then again, maybe Bowser is just a foot tall in Smash. More likely, however, is that size really doesn't matter in a game like Smash, and characters, stages, items, etc., are sized in a way to make them fit into the game.

Or, he could also be playable. I really doubt they'll screw Metroid out of another character this time, especially considering how far Metroid has come as a series since Melee's release. Metroid was represented well-enough in Smash 64 with only Samus, Just as Legend of Zelda was represented well-enough with only Link. Then the Mario and LoZ series got many supporting characters in Melee due to their popularity. It's understandable for Metroid to not get anymore characters since it had not come any further as a series than when Smash 64 released. (However, some evidence may suggest that Ridley was meant to be playable in Melee...) But now, Metroid really deserves atleast one more (non-Samus) character. There's no excuse for Ridley not being in Brawl...
Listen to this man. Metroid has developed more as a series than any other Nintendo franchise existing prior to Melee's release. There has been a complete reviving of it to the point where it is widely considered to be one of the "big three" as in Mario, Zelda and Metroid (individual franchises not crossovers like smash). When you think of Metroid the first thing that comes to mind is Samus and the second is Ridley. The fact of the matter is he is the second most important character in one of Nintendo's key franchises and they would be foolish not to include him as a playable character. Not to mention the fact that he has a cult following rivalling that of Sonic or Dedede, both of which are new additions this game too. Like Dedede, Ridley is a villain from a franchises that previously only had one rep, they were both in the background of their franchise stages in melee and both trophies. The Metroid franchise is as popular if not more so than the Kirby franchise and so is just as deserving of another rep.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The "big three" are Mario, Zelda and DK, not Metroid
If you're going by sales, then I believe it's Mario, Pokemon, then Zelda. (It might be DK instead of Zelda, but I think with Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass it has outsold it by now...)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Even though I highly doubt K.Rool or Animal Crosser will make it or Ness returning I do admit I believed it for a second. Just a second though.

Bmm

Smash Cadet
already deconfirmed.... deconfirmation was announced on a large scale by SMYN's most recent
episode

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I don't understand many things being said about Ness is a complete nobody to Brawl, has it been announced in bold print: 'NESS IS NOT ALLOWED'? No? Oh Yah, we got our little thoughts he's denied, just watch, he'll be accepted under the fact he was starting in Melee and all of them will be in the game. I also believe every catergory is going to have at least 2 Mains in them, if not one main and one unlockable. Sure Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda will probably have 5 each, we've seen the people with only one (DK has diddy, Kirby has King Dedede and Meta Knight, and Fire Emblem has Ike with Marth making the possible return.) The only catergories left are Yoshi , Ice Climber, and Fox. Captain Falcon hasn't been announced but i'm sure he'll have somebody with him as an unlockable. Fox will probably return Falco or get Krystal, and Ice Climbers won't get **** but still pawn with their mallets.

Metroid has has three major success' with its franchise, and since we know boswer was 4x the size of Mario in Super Mario 64, or 20x in Super Mario Sunshine, or 4x in Galaxy.. i'm sure Ridley can still be a good consideration for another character, and i have faith right now for anybody. Its all opinion until its on the dojo announcement, so eh.

OMG Ness sucked, so what? so does a n00b who doesn't have the patience to master a character. I may not be on these forums for long, but if my opinion is this: if you can master Lucas, isn't it just the same as Ness-improved if he's replacing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom