• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support

RyN

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Captain Falcon player but I just want the Captain Falcon board to know that I support all of your efforts to prove that Captain Falcon is not the worst character in Brawl. Good luck in all of your efforts and may your endeavors lead to success.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
NO OFFENSE! But! I am a Captain Falcon user, you could say he is the worst character in the game. However, I would just like to state that he is just a 'hard to use' character. In other words you need two times more practice with him that any character. It is probably why people regard him as the worse, not that he is a bad character. I mean a majority of people nowadays use a character with at least one long range move (which Captain Falcon does not have), I have had alot of people come up to me and say that he is the worst because of this specific reason. But I say to them "It Takes A Real Man" to use Captain Falcon.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
NO OFFENSE! But! I am a Captain Falcon user, you could say he is the worst character in the game. However, I would just like to state that he is just a 'hard to use' character. In other words you need two times more practice with him that any character. It is probably why people regard him as the worse, not that he is a bad character. I mean a majority of people nowadays use a character with at least one long range move (which Captain Falcon does not have), I have had alot of people come up to me and say that he is the worst because of this specific reason. But I say to them "It Takes A Real Man" to use Captain Falcon.
I'm not one to particularly say that Captain Falcon is hard to use in Brawl but he is definitely different in comparison to Captain Falcon's of Melee and Bros. and because of this he has a larger learning curve. I was never much of a Captain Falcon player anyway other than to just test him out, he's not my style of play.

Alot of people complain about the knee for some reason when it's really not that hard to sweetspot in Brawl and I've only played Captain Falcon a handful of times in Brawl.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
NO, he is not just "hard to use", he is actually bad and the tools he has aren't very good. So everyone needs to stop talking about how C. Falcon has a high learning curve because you can go to any ****ty toon's discussion board and see some discussion about how that character doesn't actually suck, but just has a high learning curve. So next time you want to talk about learning curve, shut the **** up, because you're a scrub. I wrote this a little while ago, so I'm just going to repost it here.

Bowyer said:
everyone needs to ****ing stop talking about learning curve. just because a character is bad doesn't mean the character has a steep learning curve. Like seriously, go to any character's boards that sucks and you will see people posting about how their character isn't bad, they just have a steep learning curve. When you start placing well in major tournaments, you can go around saying who has and doesn't have a steep learning curve, but until then, seriously, shut the **** up. Like, sure, it's difficult to place with ****ty characters but that doesn't say anything about how hard it is to ****ing master your character.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Falcon is the most badass, manliest character, and the funnest, so who gives a **** about his placement when he has OVER 9000 better things =P

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Falcon Crunch, THE NEXT BEST CEREAL THAT WON'T CUT THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH!

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Falcon has no, I repeat NO potential in Brawl whatsoever, there is going to be no AT that can make him move out of bottom tier, that's the way it is people I don't like it and many people also don't like it. But it's what Sakurai gave us, his entire existance is to combo, and with Brawl's horrendous physics it makes Falcon ******** bad (Offense is intended)

but thanks for the support :)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
OMG, RyN making a thread on Smashboards? Next thing you know you'll be hating on items and wanting Battlefield only.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now this sort of well... I wouldn't call it an argument. We have posts like this in nearly every character thread, if people stopped putting other characters down because they don't like them. The complaints wouldn't be necessary, although it's surprising to see a good captain falcon player.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Don't lie. I saw you on Smashboards while you were supposed to be taking your GF out to dinner.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
It was totally legit, she was playing with like five people so I got away with it. I'm a mastermind muahahahaha

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, you ****ing loser! lol. That's kinda cool that your gf plays smash though... but only kinda because playing smash isn't all that much fun and video games suck in general.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
this topic made me lol
due to the hate the help-discourage contradiction contains

Zeallyx

I'm glad it made you lol tkontk, that is my goal on the CF board, haha
yes the loling was fun and all, but please stop trolling
my post wasn't meant as a compliment :p
but thanks for making me lol anyway
but I'm sorry I have to do this, but:

---------------------------
DON'T FEED
THE TROLL

Thanks,

the staff
---------------------------
l l
l l
l l
l l

stop trolling son!

Zeallyx

CF players need lulz more than anyone. We need MORE topics like this!
no we don't
we need serious, usefull topics
go to bs forums about the usefullness of dog clothes to make your joke topics instead
kthnxbye

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Me? Trolling? Originally I was offering support, if anyone turned it into a troll thread that was certainly you tkontk

Zeallyx

Me? Trolling? Originally I was offering support, if anyone turned it into a troll thread that was certainly you tkontk
no u

and Bowyer, ehm stop acting like yourself XD

and I do have a sense of humor, what you said just wasn't funny..

Tenki

Smash Hero
NO, he is not just "hard to use", he is actually bad and the tools he has aren't very good. So everyone needs to stop talking about how C. Falcon has a high learning curve because you can go to any ****ty toon's discussion board and see some discussion about how that character doesn't actually suck, but just has a high learning curve. So next time you want to talk about learning curve, shut the **** up, because you're a scrub. I wrote this a little while ago, so I'm just going to repost it here.
Eheh.

Why Sonic Sucks - aka Learn to Player

I made that in the Sonic boards, and not only did it tell people that Sonic sucked, their attempts to push Sonic's speed into matchup discussions were futile, but I also say that Sonic is a basic character (aka, doesn't have very high of a learning curve, aside from learning how to play Brawl lol).

You'd think it'd infuriate people but I got good feedback overall lmao.

Other than the character-specific stuff, I think it applies to most characters.

Falcon Crunch, THE NEXT BEST CEREAL THAT WON'T CUT THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH!
No no.

A part of this good breakfast that really packs a PAAAWNNCH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQt6aVLDhV4

useful topics??? this is for C. Falcon... how useful of a topic can exist?
probably topics to get CF players to... play better? lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not getting better with the character as it is getting better at the game.

Like good Ike players take advantage of people's habits and do stuff like running at, then past you (baiting a shield/spotdodge) > pivot grab.

If the majority of Falcon players are still attacking straightforward and not learning how to limit opponent options, or at least finding answers to common situations, then their community is going to continue to suck, skill-wise.

If there's any development of notice to be made, it won't be in the form of an AT, but in baits and traps - player development.

17'5 n07 63771n6 b3773r w17h 73h ch4r4c73r 45 17 15 63771n6 l355 n00b 47 7h3 64m3.

|13k 600d 1k3 p|4y3r5 74k3 4dv4n7463 0f p30p|3'5 h4b175 4nd d0 57uff |1k3 runn1n6 47, 7h3n p457 y0u (b4171n6 4 5h13|d/5p07d0d63) > p1v07 6r4b.

1f 7h3 m4j0r17y 0f F4|c0n p|4y3r5 4r3 571|| 4774ck1n6 57r416h7f0rw4rd 4nd n07 |34rn1n6 h0w 70 |1m17 0pp0n3n7 0p710n5, 0r 47 |3457 f1nd1n6 4n5w3r5 70 c0mm0n 517u4710n5, 7h3n 7h31r c0mmun17y 15 601n6 70 c0n71nu3 70 5uck, 5k1||-w153.

1f 7h3r3'5 4ny d3v3|0pm3n7 0f n071c3 70 b3 m4d3, 17 w0n'7 b3 1n 7h3 f0rm 0f 4n 47, bu7 1n b4175 4nd 7r4p5 - p|4y3r d3v3|0pm3n7.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It's not getting better with the character as it is getting better at the game.

Like good Ike players take advantage of people's habits and do stuff like running at, then past you (baiting a shield/spotdodge) > pivot grab.

If the majority of Falcon players are still attacking straightforward and not learning how to limit opponent options, or at least finding answers to common situations, then their community is going to continue to suck, skill-wise.

If there's any development of notice to be made, it won't be in the form of an AT, but in baits and traps - player development.
It's only about the skill of the player until you reach top level play. When you get to top level play, playing C. Falcon or another ****ty character plays a major factor and limits your ability to win. I have absolutely no problem beating decent people with C. Falcon, but I play with some of the best in the MW and taking games off them with C. Falcon, when they're playing a good character, doesn't happen very often. So the point is, no matter if you master C. Falcon, other great people with good characters will still beat you most of the time.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
17'5 n07 63771n6 b3773r w17h 73h ch4r4c73r 45 17 15 63771n6 l355 n00b 47 7h3 64m3.

|13k 600d 1k3 p|4y3r5 74k3 4dv4n7463 0f p30p|3'5 h4b175 4nd d0 57uff |1k3 runn1n6 47, 7h3n p457 y0u (b4171n6 4 5h13|d/5p07d0d63) > p1v07 6r4b.

1f 7h3 m4j0r17y 0f F4|c0n p|4y3r5 4r3 571|| 4774ck1n6 57r416h7f0rw4rd 4nd n07 |34rn1n6 h0w 70 |1m17 0pp0n3n7 0p710n5, 0r 47 |3457 f1nd1n6 4n5w3r5 70 c0mm0n 517u4710n5, 7h3n 7h31r c0mmun17y 15 601n6 70 c0n71nu3 70 5uck, 5k1||-w153.

1f 7h3r3'5 4ny d3v3|0pm3n7 0f n071c3 70 b3 m4d3, 17 w0n'7 b3 1n 7h3 f0rm 0f 4n 47, bu7 1n b4175 4nd 7r4p5 - p|4y3r d3v3|0pm3n7.
OMG, you're a ***got.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Intelligent posts? In MY thread?

It's more likely than you think.
I blame it on this one. And I used a 1337 translator hahah.
----------
Fine :dizzy: use the top-level play card =_=;

It should now be well-known that:

Character/matchup < Player/player skill < Top-level character argument.

:( you win.

But for now, as the vast majority of players AREN'T at top-level play, player skill still matters.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
But for now, as the vast majority of players AREN'T at top-level play, player skill still matters.
It all matters where you live at and who you play with. For instance, I live within 15 minutes of 4 people who consistently place top 8 in MW Circuit events. One of them is Anther, who is the single best in the MW and went even with DSF a month or two ago and would beat him if he played him again. I'm sure there are other good players that share a similar problem to me.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
When it gets down to it, the character who is designed to be better will be better and Captain Falcon was not designed to be one of the better characters. But if one can overcome that deficit and advance far enough in a tournament to prove he is viable, then I applaud their efforts.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
When it gets down to it, the character who is designed to be better will be better and Captain Falcon was not designed to be one of the better characters. But if one can overcome that deficit and advance far enough in a tournament to prove he is viable, then I applaud their efforts.
Brawl was designed to have no tiers. :confused:

Top Bottom