• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super smash Kart? Would it work?

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I actually have ANOTHER idea, but this would be met with even more laughs.

Should I tell you guys anyway?

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
My OTHER idea for a wierd Brawl spin-off:

A Super-smash bros. RPG.

For the DS.

Go ahead, Laugh.

EDIT: I could tell how the combat, Items, and moves work into the turn-based battling.

I like this idea.....

Of course, I also like the Super Smash Kart idea.
Hey, Thanks!

I somewhat like the idea of an Smash Bros RPG however simply because having character development and a genuine plot in Smash Bros would definately be interesting and completely worth it if it was done right.

Thanks to you too!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Aren't fox, kirby, zelda and pikachu apearing in SMS (super mario sluggers)? Then mabye a FEW characters (max 7) will apear but not all of them. A seperate game just wouldnt work well IMO.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
It would probably work better than the new Mario-Kart, which is awful, honestly the N64 version is far better.
hey i agree, MK64 was an awesome game. but mario kart double dash and DS was fun as well. the only thing i didn't like about MKDD was the specific character items. like the loads of time i lost to toad because of his stupid golden mushroom (although i loved the chain chomp, i really wish they kept that in MK Wii). and i'm surprised MK Wii nearly has no lag online, which makes me wished that brawl was like that. but 64 was fun, no doubt. i loved playing as yoshi in that game! ^_^

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

A Super-smash bros. RPG.

For the DS.

Go ahead, Laugh.

EDIT: I could tell how the combat, Items, and moves work into the turn-based battling.
I like this idea.....

Of course, I also like the Super Smash Kart idea.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Super Landmaster Kart

It involves a bunch of tiny landmasters driving landmasters on giant landmaster-shaped tracks.

Magnacor

Smash Ace

A Super-smash bros. RPG.

For the DS.

Go ahead, Laugh.

Hey, Thanks!
:laugh::chuckle::laugh::chuckle::laugh::chuckle:
Seriously, I wouldn't buy that one. RPG's usually involve a plot and when there's only a limited amount of non-silent antagonists, they would run into some trouble.

Super Landmaster Kart

It involves a bunch of tiny landmasters driving landmasters on giant landmaster-shaped tracks.
XD Nice. And when you get a mushroom you'll be using a a boost to get through. Then you do a barrel roll. And that's the whole game.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
:laugh::chuckle::laugh::chuckle::laugh::chuckle:
Seriously, I wouldn't buy that one. RPG's usually involve a plot and when there's only a limited amount of non-silent antagonists, they would run into some trouble. .
They would just all the characters talk.

Even Link and Mario....

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Would it work? I honestly doubt it. Do I like the idea anyway? You bet you behind I do. :p Sonic would easily decimate the rest though, unless he rode on those Ex-Gear boards from his Riders games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Remembering the last racing game Sakurai worked on (Kirby's Air ride) I'd run like hell away from it.
It definately wasn't that bad. Probably one of the more underrated Nintendo games of that generation behind the Pikmin games.

Regarding this idea, it would pretty much kill the franchise. I somewhat like the idea of an Smash Bros RPG however simply because having character development and a genuine plot in Smash Bros would definately be interesting and completely worth it if it was done right.

acv

Smash Journeyman
super smash kart wouldnt work because capt. falcon would roundhouse kick FALCON PUNCH everyone to the finish line.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Smash Racing?

Lovely!
Rides:

Mario: Wing Cap

DK: Rambi

Link: Epona

Samus: Miniature Airship

Yoshi: Poochy

Kirby: Warp Star

Fox: Miniature Landmaster

Pikachu: Pidgeot

Lucas: Mecha Drago

Bowser: Koopa Clown Car

Olimar: Miniature Hocotate Freight Ship

Jigglypuff: Donphan

Captain Falcon: Blue Falcon

Ness: Mr. Saturn's Coffee Table

Luigi: E. Gadd Booster Mobile

Peach: Umbrella Mobile

Zelda: Farore's Wind? IDK...

Ice Climbers: Pterodactyl

Ganondorf: Beast Ganon Transformation

MGNW: LCD Kart

Falco: Mini Arwing

Everybody I CAN name so far...

hey i agree, MK64 was an awesome game. but mario kart double dash and DS was fun as well. the only thing i didn't like about MKDD was the specific character items. like the loads of time i lost to toad because of his stupid golden mushroom (although i loved the chain chomp, i really wish they kept that in MK Wii). and i'm surprised MK Wii nearly has no lag online, which makes me wihed that brawl was like that. but 64 was fun, no doubt. i loved playing as yoshi in that game! ^_^

THAT IS so true i feel the exact same way, i wish that KIRBY wouldve been in mario kart because if he had been in MK he would have driven a giant vaccum cleaner and sucked and blown every car and character on the track

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
WHAT?

I liked 64. Alot. But I fail to see what factor makes it superior to Double Dash and MKDS, and MK Wii.

MK Wii has an AMAZING online with no lag, you can race with 12, it actually has unlockable characters, etc.

Mk64 - It was hella fun, but it had - No unlockable characters

Only 16 stages (It wasnt the original, they could have used SNES stages

No CPUs in versus

etc. etc.

What makes it so amazing? (Besides the rainbow road music)
Sonic the Hedgehog:

Had only one storyline. No extra characters to play with, no extra missions.

Only 6 Zones, a total of 18 Acts.

No Versus mode at all.

It still epically wins over every new Sonic game.

As for the thread itself, I have thought about this multiple times. If they're going to make games like this, I'm not going to buy more than 2 or 3 with just Mario characters. With characters that I actually like (Yes, I dislike Mario characters, sue me) it would definitely make it more likely that I'd buy the game.

On the other hand, though...it would pain me to see poor Samus, Link, and other awesome characters entering the universe of games like Mario Party. Smash should be the exception to Nintendo characters coming together like that. I wouldn't complain if it happened, and would probably buy it, just saying that at the moment I don't like the idea a whole lot.

D

Deleted member

Ike: I ride for my friends.

O_o

Anyway, it COULD work, but I'd never want to see it outside of a fangame. I don't want Smash milked to death, that kills franchises.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Wouldn't this be a bit rigged?

I mean, having an EXPERIENCED racer race against a bunch of random people with no racing experience. The person with the closest experience are the space animals. Lol

Martham112

Smash Cadet
Mario has racing experience! As does Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, DK and Diddy from Mario Kart. Kirby, Dedede, not sure about Metaknight, were in Kirby's Air Ride, Captain Falcon has F-Zero. Pikachu and Jigglypuff had Pokémon Dash for the DS. Sonic had Sonic R or whatever.

Plenty of experience there.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would go more with Nintendo Karts then Super Smash Karts. Change the line up a bit, and don't have everything be based on Smash, but rather Nintendo.

The idea could work, but I think your original idea needs some tweaking.

J18

Smash Journeyman
But that brings me back to the main question: Would it work?
no it would not work. anybody working on a game like this would have their brains exploded from the sheer magnitude of such a concept. there head would remain intact, but there would be nothing but splattered brains inside.

but on a serious note, what kind of question is that? would it work? if someone made a game like that, why wouldn't it work? i really don't understand your question.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
It wouldn't work... Pokemon Trainer is so broken he would reach the finish line before any kart can start the engine...

Someone had to say it...

Top Bottom