• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
wow! look at this!

Big Forpalm
I swear people like you just piss me off
well besides that

Meh its not that hard to find the roster i found it in a random post made really long time ago and im not talking about the one in the forum but i hate spoiling people so its no fun :p and I mostly hate it that other people try to spoil it for others the roster probably changed a bit from that though besides after seeing certain events that happen so far i dont dare to speak well besides that.

Meh the newest version seems so unstable compare to the last version a lot more glitches than the usual probably dued to the new characters and addition Rigged as heck soccerball. The last version was pretty good compare to this one barely any glitches that were obivious

No I was making a sarcastic comment about the whole Mewtwo situation. Don't worry, we're no Internet Hate Machine. <3
>.> what about the that mugen team that was making a project on ssb with all the sprites stolen from ssf2 from what i saw it was mass trolling or could be fantards
seriously ssf2 fanatics are crazy
D: i dont get the pokemon ref with the butterfree

Rugos

Smash Cadet
Ugh, I was just playing ssf1, and it feels like the ice effect (y'know, in game where there's ice on the ground, and slide for a loong time before coming to a stop?)

One of the things I like about crusade is the physics, ;)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Meh the newest version seems so unstable compare to the last version a lot more glitches than the usual probably dued to the new characters and addition Rigged as heck soccerball. The last version was pretty good compare to this one barely any glitches that were obivious
Well, sorry, next time I'll include fewer features, stages, and characters if that would make you happy.

By the way, there have been a ton of glitches that were fiex from last time, so I don't get what you're saying. The only one that was super-obvious was the one with surfaces, but what the heck - it only does that on certain computers. It hasn't done that on any of the ones I've tested on.

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
This looks really cool that you guys on doing this. Are you guys are adding characters that were only from the Nintendo series or you guys are just adding characters not only are from nintendo, but other characters too? I'm just curious. :)

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah. There is a problem with 0.5. When a battle ends it will freeszed up my computer. Would you mind and fix that. And there should be a training mode in the game for firsttime users that are playing it. That is my concern. Otherwise, this version is sightly better. :p

You should add Lucy D. onthere and some touhou characters or more street fighter characters, but that just me. ^^

Falcon88

Smash Ace
This looks really cool that you guys on doing this. Are you guys are adding characters that were only from the Nintendo series or you guys are just adding characters not only are from nintendo, but other characters too? I'm just curious. :)
Hi. :bee:

Goku's in the game. I hope that doesn't turn you off completely... But yeah, he's the only non-video game character. We also have some third-party characters. A lot of them. :)

D

Deleted member

If you want to get technical, Jump Ultimate Stars was made by Nintendo, and Goku is in it, so it's fine.

4nace

Smash Ace
If you want to get technical, Jump Ultimate Stars was made by Nintendo, and Goku is in it, so it's fine.
Nah. It wasn't made by Nintendo. It was made by GanBarion who develop anime games for nintendo systems. It was published by Nintendo though.

Thats like saying any character who appeared on a Nintendo console is free game. However, in my opinion, it is a fan game and whoever the creator feels would work well should be in the game.

D

Deleted member

Nah. It wasn't made by Nintendo. It was made by GanBarion who develop anime games for nintendo systems. It was published by Nintendo though.

Thats like saying any character who appeared on a Nintendo console is free game. However, in my opinion, it is a fan game and whoever the creator feels would work well should be in the game.
True, but published by Nintendo is the second best thing to being made by Nintendo.

Then there's Licesnsed by Nintendo, which is for all 3rd Party games on Nintendo systems.

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys.

Now what about the latest version. I had problems with it getting freezed up when the match ends. Could any of your guys fix that?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
dawg...FREAKIN MACH RIDER...so hard at high levels...lol

and spiking is hard in this game if your spike move is D-air because you auto fast fall regardless

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Thanks guys.

Now what about the latest version. I had problems with it getting freezed up when the match ends. Could any of your guys fix that?
Hmm, I don't know. No one else has reported that... It might just be loading time? If your computer is old, etc. then it might just be loading slowly.
Could you describe the kind of freezing-up that's going on? I might be able to fix it if there's another problem.

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Well when I play it on time after a battle, it will freeze up. It will make my computer slow. Same thing in team battle on stock and on time. It only happens when the battle is done for some reason. Sometimes it will show up a error and on some characters like when pikachu, Goku or Link wil do there final smashes.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well when I play it on time after a battle, it will freeze up. It will make my computer slow. Same thing in team battle on stock and on time. It only happens when the battle is done for some reason. Sometimes it will show up a error and on some characters like when pikachu, Goku or Link wil do there final smashes.
I think it does that if you don't have a graphics card... From the research I've done, that seems to be the problem.

But nonetheless, try using this executable instead.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?938i33zvi3svyqp
(Just paste into the same folder as your current SSBC executable file.)

Smash Apprentice
no mirrors sorry

try downloading it again

for everone else it works i guess you have bad luck dude

Rugos

Smash Cadet
I was playing crusade and realized something. No ssb fan game that I have played (and I've played a LOT) has fountain of dreams as a stage. Kirby is one of my 3 mains, and I like fountain of dreams, so I started making a sprite (do you call stage sprites sprites?) of it. I have the outline done, and I think its pretty good.

Obviously, I have to clean up the edges, and make it more... linear, but I think it's pretty good. if I made it, would it be put in crusade?

edit: woops, its called dream land: fountain of dreams... =P

edit2: this is much better then staring at knives and wondering about pain! (and how much of it) but, sadly, my shading isn't up to par, so it's not that good. Oh well.

sigh.. probably need to redo it. with the shading, it seems a little... clumsy. like the lines arent that straight.

edit

sigh... needa redo. I dont wanna use pillow shading.

and I need to make the bushes and trees look like theyre more... attached to the ground.

imma replace the center with an animated gif of the water, and another peice of fg for the watter falling off, also animated, and the cup in the center.

back to shading.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I was playing crusade and realized something. No ssb fan game that I have played (and I've played a LOT) has fountain of dreams as a stage. Kirby is one of my 3 mains, and I like fountain of dreams, so I started making a sprite (do you call stage sprites sprites?) of it. I have the outline done, and I think its pretty good.

Obviously, I have to clean up the edges, and make it more... linear, but I think it's pretty good. if I made it, would it be put in crusade?

edit2: this is much better then staring at knives and wondering about pain! (and how much of it) but, sadly, my shading isn't up to par, so it's not that good. Oh well.

sigh.. probably need to redo it. with the shading, it seems a little... clumsy. like the lines arent that straight.
I think it's not too bad-looking so far! Keep up the good work. I'm not sure if Fountain of Dreams is a planned stage for the game. Just remember that what you've been playing is only a demo. We are still working on stages, so there's plenty of time to fit in more.

Rugos

Smash Cadet
I think it's not too bad-looking so far! Keep up the good work. I'm not sure if Fountain of Dreams is a planned stage for the game. Just remember that what you've been playing is only a demo. We are still working on stages, so there's plenty of time to fit in more.
ty. it dont feel like a demo - to awesome, =P

sudden thought: are there going to be trophies/stickers?

Rugos

Smash Cadet

the bushes seem kinda messy, but I couldnt find another way to make them look like BUSHES, and not flat pieces of color. Finally got the shading, though.

as my first foray into the spriting world, it dosen't seem that bad, although a pro should fix the bushes, make them look neater. I'm not done, though. need to add the pillars, the platforms, the geysers, the water, the waterfalls.

Smash Apprentice
dang looks amazing

you sould make more stages after this one

also i think Werekill does stages so he might fix it up

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
@Falcon: Thats okay. :p I'm getting annoyed of the game not accepting me too.

And it still not working. It keeps appearing this:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object test_initialize:

File is not opened for reading.

@Dblock: The link did work and it did download it just that when I start it up the game, it gave me a error.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
@Falcon: Thats okay. :p I'm getting annoyed of the game not accepting me too.

And it still not working. It keeps appearing this:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object test_initialize:

File is not opened for reading.

@Dblock: The link did work and it did download it just that when I start it up the game, it gave me a error.
Sounds like the executable file is in the wrong directory.

Make sure you have it in the same folder as the main game. It might look like so:

The file with the Smash Ball icon should be in the same folder as the other main folders and files like the ones shown above.

Edit: Ignore the "data.bin" file. That was there only for testing. It should not be in the main folder - it should be in the "data" folder, but only after you have save data.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea when you extracted you should have made a new folder (i made one on my desktop called SSBC) and then everything will be extracted into that folder making it all in one place and easy to get 2..with just 2 clicks (well 4 clicks..2 to open folder and 2 to start game)

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
you were one of them, remember?

:012:
i was? i clearly dont remember :dizzy: i just remember reporting fill stuff but thats it
>.> seriously i dont get the butter free

Anyone think yoshi a little bit too strong?
Side egg very spamable. 2 hard hits to take yoshi out of his egg mobile
Yoshi Bomber very good too

Falcon88

Smash Ace
i was? i clearly dont remember :dizzy: i just remember reporting fill stuff but thats it
>.> seriously i dont get the butter free

Anyone think yoshi a little bit too strong?
Side egg very spamable. 2 hard hits to take yoshi out of his egg mobile
Yoshi Bomber very good too
I'm going to have to agree. Yoshi Bomb is wayyy good. And the Super Armor on his Egg Roll is probably overpowered. If I nerf those two moves, I think he'll be a lot more balanced.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I truthfully didn't even know yoshi was in this game

I wish this game had wifi...I'm actually beating the hardest computers now...and they used to give me DA Business...lol

Top Bottom