• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
KK,redownloading.I've been searching the web for a month now looking for the very 1st Demo which is it?
Go back to that llink I gave ya, and click on "SSBC Demo v. 1.1". That's the earliest version available. The original is no longer available for download! However, 0.1.1 is not too much different from 0.1.0.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Go back to that llink I gave ya, and click on "SSBC Demo v. 1.1". That's the earliest version available. The original is no longer available for download! However, 0.1.1 is not too much different from 0.1.0.
Darn it!No matter what I do that error happens!Not even if I redownload!I hope this doesn't happen in the next demo.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
IKR?!?
(I know right.)
Hey guys here is my video about the Demo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK5fcDw1DHY
Nice video, but darn it is laggy!

I think I'll have to patch this demo - I have found what I believe is a way around this error.

The error doesn't happen on my laptop, so Idk what is causing it, but I think it is something to do with video memory, which means, if you don't have a dedicated graphics card, you can't see this effect I'm using.

Smash0holic - What kind of graphics card do you have? Or do you have integrated graphics?

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Nice video, but darn it is laggy!

I think I'll have to patch this demo - I have found what I believe is a way around this error.

The error doesn't happen on my laptop, so Idk what is causing it, but I think it is something to do with video memory, which means, if you don't have a dedicated graphics card, you can't see this effect I'm using.

Smash0holic - What kind of graphics card do you have? Or do you have integrated graphics?
I don't know.A 32 bit I think.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
:ohwell: never mind.

Well, try pasting this file into the main folder of the game and running it instead of the normal exe.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?938i33zvi3svyqp

I figured out the problem - you need a dedicated graphics card to avoid that error. I tried to get around it with this file above, so please try it and let me know if it works.
KK!Got a good feeling about this patched demo.

IT WORKS!NOT A SINGLE ERROR MESSAGE IN SIGHT!!!:}

D

Deleted member

The music package with Great Sea (I can't believe I said Great Bay earlier...) won't process on Mediafire.

D

Deleted member

*Sighs*

Mewtwo has been removed due to sprite issues with SSF2 Devs. He will be brought back once his new sprites are made.

Vaati is NOT finished, so he is not unlockable.

Also,

The music package with Great Sea (I can't believe I said Great Bay earlier...) won't process on Mediafire.

D

Deleted member

Why does Mewtwo still show up in random then?
What are you talking about? He doesn't.

shutupareyoutryingtogettheflashtwodevelopersheresotheycancomplainaboutmewtwobeinginthegameeventhoughitisamishap

D

Deleted member

We are talking SSF2 Devs here. ANY trace of their Mewtwo could be fatal.

Why do you think SSB Rumble axed Mewtwo?

Hell, I'm surprised they didn't already get in the faces of the DeviantArtists that used their Mewtwo. The only ones safe from them are MUGEN users, as once something hits MUGEN, you have no hope in removing it.

D

Deleted member

Iknowrite?

But, like I said, MUGEN is inpenetrable. MUGEN is void of all copyrights.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well, darn, what about this? I am not selling it, so what's the deal? How is SSBC different from it (except for the whole customization deal)?

D

Deleted member

Well, MUGEN is everywhere. It isn't owned by anyone or anything. Any Average Joe can get MUGEN and add characters from other games, or fan sprites.

Crusade isn't as clusterf***ed as MUGEN. It is a fangame with a purpose. Not only that, it is owned. By you, DRMARIOX, and Phantom7. Whereas MUGEN users can't be targeted by copyright issues, if a copyright issue is involved with Crusade, there are targets for the ones with the copyright.

Granted, I don't understand how any fan sprite of an existing character could be copyrighted, let alone by another team for a fangame. They technically didn't make the sprite, a fan did. That's like saying that you guys won't let anyone else use your Bomberman sprites because it's in your game. It doesn't make sense.

Especially considering that the sheet originally said to simply give credit if used. As long as Cheddar-X says it's ok, you should be allowed to use them. But the SSF2 Devs seemed to have brainwashed him into believing that they're strictly for their game...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well, MUGEN is everywhere. It isn't owned by anyone or anything. Any Average Joe can get MUGEN and add characters from other games, or fan sprites.

Crusade isn't as clusterf***ed as MUGEN. It is a fangame with a purpose. Not only that, it is owned. By you, DRMARIOX, and Phantom7. Whereas MUGEN users can't be targeted by copyright issues, if a copyright issue is involved with Crusade, there are targets for the ones with the copyright.

Granted, I don't understand how any fan sprite of an existing character could be copyrighted, let alone by another team for a fangame. They technically didn't make the sprite, a fan did. That's like saying that you guys won't let anyone else use your Bomberman sprites because it's in your game. It doesn't make sense.

Especially considering that the sheet originally said to simply give credit if used. As long as Cheddar-X says it's ok, you should be allowed to use them. But the SSF2 Devs seemed to have brainwashed him into believing that they're strictly for their game...
Ah, well said, Golden. Mugen is not really owned by anyone anymore. Besides, it is just a generalized fighting engine. If Crusade was such an engine with only original characters as examples (not copyrighted ones like Mario) then it might be ok.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Are you referring to the roster leak? :confused:
SO, IT'S A REAL DEAL

SSF2 roster was published from the start on their wiki, so I see no problem. You made _README.txt file anyway, where you gave it away by describing icons.txt as "spoilers". :p

D

Deleted member

Luckily, the roster is still pretty much "hush-hush". We only know that a certain amount of characters per series are in. We don't know for sure WHO they are...

D

Deleted member

Thank you Captain Obvious.

The point of changing the subject is to....change the subject.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No I was making a sarcastic comment about the whole Mewtwo situation. Don't worry, we're no Internet Hate Machine. <3

D

Deleted member

And you made a Pokepun while you were at it.

This is not a drill (Beedrill). And you post a picture of Butterfree.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
No I was making a sarcastic comment about the whole Mewtwo situation. Don't worry, we're no Internet Hate Machine. <3
lol I thought you were talking about the leaked Assassin's Creed icon. Seriously. And now, I feel like a dummy! :bee:

I got the drill thing though, lol.

So on to matters of more import, if anyone's having that glitch with surfaces and what not, try this .exe instead of the one originally included:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?938i33zvi3svyqp

Rugos

Smash Cadet
wow! look at this!

contents of "icons.txt" in data folder:
mario
dk
loz
metroid
yoshi
kirby
starfox
pokemon
mother
fzero
mario
pokemon
mario
mario
loz
fireemblem
pokemon
loz
wario
kidicarus
kirby
dk
pokemon
mother
fireemblem
pikmin
kirby
pokemon
metalgear
sonic
starfox
firemblem
loz
g&w
starfox
rob
mario
metroid
starfox
pokemon
fzero
waluigi
goldensun
sinpunishment
punchout
mario
sonic
streetfighter
ristar
bomberman
sonic
megaman
dbz
mach
finalfantasy
mario
dk
loz
metroid
kirby
pokemon
fireemblem
joymech
paper
loz
metroid
mario
ssb
shadow
metalgear
robotnik
castlevania
megaman
banjo
mortalkombat
ssb
soulcalibur
symphonia
assassin
pac

pacman, coulcalibur, assasins creed, banjo kazooie, wtf is sinpunishment?

tales of symphonia!! woot!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
wow! look at this!

pacman, coulcalibur, assasins creed, banjo kazooie, wtf is sinpunishment?

tales of symphonia!! woot!
Sin and Punishment, the game Saki is from. And, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor was just released on Wii not long ago.

And yes, woot!

Top Bottom