• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
I just found a really bad glitch. I was playing as Ryu against Goku. I was using D-Special and instead of attacking me, he grabbed me, tried to throw me,and i froze there. Then, he moved over to the edge of the stage, and keep moving back and forth repeatedly. On occasion, he'd use his Ki blasts and kamehamehas but once they reached me, they'd go past me, so I was stuck there. Pretty easy glitch to pull of, it happened three times, Final Destination, Battle Field, and Saffron City. Check it out and see what's wrong with it.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I just found a really bad glitch. I was playing as Ryu against Goku. I was using D-Special and instead of attacking me, he grabbed me, tried to throw me,and i froze there. Then, he moved over to the edge of the stage, and keep moving back and forth repeatedly. On occasion, he'd use his Ki blasts and kamehamehas but once they reached me, they'd go past me, so I was stuck there. Pretty easy glitch to pull of, it happened three times, Final Destination, Battle Field, and Saffron City. Check it out and see what's wrong with it.
All right, I'm pretty sure I know what happened. It'll be fixed soon.

Edit: Actually, I tried it with all four throws with Evil and Normal Ryu and had no problems...

BlueSmasher10

Smash Rookie
Amazing Fan Game.
This Feels Even Better Than Super Smash Flash 2 By Mcleod And Better Than Super Smash Bros Engine By Runouw.
You Won My Fan Heart, I Never Played A Game This Good in My Life, Thank You For Realaseing This.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Amazing Fan Game.
This Feels Even Better Than Super Smash Flash 2 By Mcleod And Better Than Super Smash Bros Engine By Runouw.
You Won My Fan Heart, I Never Played A Game This Good in My Life, Thank You For Realaseing This.
You're Welcome. Stay Tuned - We're Releasing A New Demo In A Few Days!

Why capitalize every word?

D

Deleted member

I am excited for this. Will music be released at the same time, or will there be another delay of it's release?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario x said the new demo comes next week,i cant wait!!!
Me either, dude! We're just trying to get some better sprites for an unannounced character who might be in... If we can't get them in time, he won't be in the demo. If we can, then he will! ("He" is the only hint I'm giving.)

I'm hoping it'll be ready for the weekend.

Rugos

Smash Cadet
Hi, I registered just to ask this: as a fellow user of GM7, what was the formula you used to calculate damage and velocity when hit?

EDIT: I've been trolling this thread since v2.1, =D

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hi, I registered just to ask this: as a fellow user of GM7, what was the formula you used to calculate damage and velocity when hit?
Well, it's highly subjective, so if you're thinking about making a Smash fangame it won't help you to know the specific formula we use. Generally, it's a really simple formula, actually. If you know anything about Smash game mechanics, you know that attacks all have many attributes, but here, we'll focus on
damage,
base knockback (bkb),
knockback growth (kbg),
and direction (angle).

The base knockback is how much knockback is caused no matter what. That means that theoretically, an attack that does 0% damage and hits a player with 0% will still cause this exact base knockback.

Knockback growth is the amount of knockback that is added to a move's power as the target's percent rises. So, a move with high knockback growth (for example, Ness's Back Throw) will do high knockback when the target is highly damaged.

The other two terms should be self-explanatory.

A generic, basic Smash speed formula might look like this:
speed = bkb + kbg*current_percent

However, it is also important to think about things like the size of the players, their offense/defense ratios (useful in 1P modes for easier difficulty settings), etc. Also, you can't just assign these values as above right when an attack hits. You have to consider hit-lag, game speed, and other variables that might apply.

However, I'm not giving you any SSBC-specific info here, just the general idea.

EDIT: I've been trolling this thread since v2.1, =D
Congrats. :laugh:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
so lets say BKB is 5, KBG is 2 and CP is 23%, the speed the character would be moving at after the hit would be 161?

EDIT: just an example :)
How much damage does the attack do? I didn't put that in the formula XP

However, I got 51, not 161. It's
5 + 2*23 = 51. You have to do the multiplication first! O.o.O.!

But that's the general idea.

Edit: In SSBC, 51 would be like a speed you get in Sudden Death, FYI. :laugh:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
In actual smash, there's a lot more complications. Some of them don't even make sense being in the equation. Hitlag is part of the equation, and damage plays a large part. Most of the normal launch speeds are like 1300 "mph" lol.

Rugos

Smash Cadet
The base knockback is how much knockback is caused no matter what. That means that theoretically, an attack that does 0% damage and hits a player with 0% will still cause this exact base knockback.
Is the base knockback something defined in the attack (IE, different for every different attack the char receives) or the character? (every attacks calculates with same amount of bkb)

And neither weight nor fallspeed has anything to do with velocity?

Wows, lol

I thought it would be a big long formula :laugh:

Edit: Is the number you get used for speed or number of pixels to move the char away?

:ohwell: ...not to seem prying, cuz i'm not trying to steal your game mechanics, but what's the average base kb and kbg for attacks/chars?

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's highly subjective, so if you're thinking about making a Smash fangame it won't help you to know the specific formula we use. Generally, it's a really simple formula, actually. If you know anything about Smash game mechanics, you know that attacks all have many attributes, but here, we'll focus on
damage,
base knockback (bkb),
knockback growth (kbg),
and direction (angle).

Knockback growth is the amount of knockback that is added to a move's power as the target's percent rises. So, a move with high knockback growth (for example, Ness's Back Throw) will do high knockback when the target is highly damaged.

The other two terms should be self-explanatory.

A generic, basic Smash speed formula might look like this:
speed = bkb + kbg*current_percent

However, it is also important to think about things like the size of the players, their offense/defense ratios (useful in 1P modes for easier difficulty settings), etc. Also, you can't just assign these values as above right when an attack hits. You have to consider hit-lag, game speed, and other variables that might apply.

However, I'm not giving you any SSBC-specific info here, just the general idea.

Congrats. :laugh:

I see why this is said to be the best fan game ever.Why?Cause you guys put a lot of work into it I guess.Some people don't even try, especially on Super Smash Flash 1.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
In actual smash, there's a lot more complications. Some of them don't even make sense being in the equation. Hitlag is part of the equation, and damage plays a large part. Most of the normal launch speeds are like 1300 "mph" lol.
Yeah, and the "51" there is just an example - it doesn't correspond that well to speeds in SSBC or Brawl. In SSBC, the launcher speeds on the Results Screen are usually in the 100-200 range. Maybe 300 in Sudden Death. In the game engine, such speeds are actually more like 10-20. :dizzy:

Is the base knockback something defined in the attack (IE, different for every different attack the char receives) or the character? (every attacks calculates with same amount of bkb)
Every attack has its own knockback. So, it is defined in the hitbox initialization code for each separate hitbox.

And neither weight nor fallspeed has anything to do with velocity?

Wows, lol

I thought it would be a big long formula :laugh:
\
Well, weight does matter, but like I said, the formula I use may not make sense to you. It's just a small potion of the weight of the character is subtracted from the speed. Also, weight, as well as a character's horizontal air acceleration and gravity, slightly affects the slowing acceleration after being launched.

Edit: Is the number you get used for speed or number of pixels to move the char away?

...not to seem prying, cuz i'm not trying to steal your game mechanics, but what's the average base kb and kbg for attacks/chars?
Yes, it is. As you probably have realized, Speed in Game Maker is simply pixels moved per frame.

As for the second part, check the Results Screen and see what Max Launch speeds there are!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
How much damage does the attack do? I didn't put that in the formula XP

However, I got 51, not 161. It's
5 + 2*23 = 51. You have to do the multiplication first! O.o.O.!
Well you could have said that ok so lets see, where would the atk damage fit into the equation?

Edit: In SSBC, 51 would be like a speed you get in Sudden Death, FYI. :laugh:
What are talking about i did a sudden death once and I a max launcher speed of over 400. 300% starting damage. :/ are you feeling ok falcon? you don't sound like yourself.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
lol, I will:)

Is the next demo coming out this weekend or next week?
Should be out this weekend. I think I'll start uploading it today after I get off work.

Well you could have said that ok so lets see, where would the atk damage fit into the equation?
Use your brain! It is added to the character's percent!

Just saying, that should be common sense lol.

What are talking about i did a sudden death once and I a max launcher speed of over 400. 300% starting damage. :/ are you feeling ok falcon? you don't sound like yourself.
See this post for an explanation:
Yeah, and the "51" there is just an example - it doesn't correspond that well to speeds in SSBC or Brawl. In SSBC, the launcher speeds on the Results Screen are usually in the 100-200 range. Maybe 300 in Sudden Death. In the game engine, such speeds are actually more like 10-20. :dizzy:
Edit:
I should be uploading the demo tonight - so here's the music for the new stage:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4d1fta7a8uawv89

I'll update this post when and if the upload of the demo is successful!

Rugos

Smash Cadet
Edit:
I should be uploading the demo tonight - so here's the music for the new stage:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4d1fta7a8uawv89

I'll update this post when and if the upload of the demo is successful!
Ugh. I'm pathetic. I've been reloading the page every 15 minutes for the past 5 hours...

Edit: Hey, Falcon, if Phantom is the lead dev, how come you're the one who always uploads?

D

Deleted member

For the music, other that the songs for the new stages, has there been any additions? Or can I simply download the new stages' music, and trash the ones that come bundled with Great Bay's music?

EDIT: I tried to download the stage music bundle that Great Bay was in, and it said that the file is corrupted, and when I tried to extract the music, it said that there wasn't any files in it. HALP?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
EDIT: I tried to download the stage music bundle that Great Bay was in, and it said that the file is corrupted, and when I tried to extract the music, it said that there wasn't any files in it. HALP?
I'll try it out on my end, and if it doesn't work, I'll upload it again.

Also, I have a request for you all. Try this out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?w06ap4pcjdvcg33

If all the files extract correctly, let me know (or if they fail) and we can update the OP, etc. Cheers!

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Great. So, Version 0.5 is officially up! I'll get Phantom7 to update the OP, and I'll go update the SBC forum!
Sometimes when a certain character is doing a FS like Sonic or Link something pops up that says "ERROR Trying to use unknown non-existing surface" is that like a bug or something?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Sometimes when a certain character is doing a FS like Sonic or Link something pops up that says "ERROR Trying to use unknown non-existing surface" is that like a bug or something?
What?! When does that happen? I just played with 4 different characters that use that effect (Mario, Sonic, Ryu, and Link) and got no errors. What exactly was going on when that happened?

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
What?! When does that happen? I just played with 4 different characters that use that effect (Mario, Sonic, Ryu, and Link) and got no errors. What exactly was going on when that happened?
It first happened when I was playing Toon Link against Sonic,Sonic turned into Super Sonic and then that Happened!

Later I played Link against Toon Link and then I did the Triforce Slash,right in the middle of that,it happened again!Let me play again see if it doesn't happen.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
BTW I'm uploading a video of the Demo on YouTube I'll let you know when it's up.
Sorry if me double posting irritates you,I have a bad habit of doing that.

EDIT:GOD****IT THE ERROR JUST HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN WITH PIKACHU!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
BTW I'm uploading a video of the Demo on YouTube I'll let you know when it's up.
Sorry if me double posting irritates you,I have a bad habit of doing that.
Coolness.

Look, no one else has reported that error so far, and quite a few characters use the effect that is causing it. Do me a favor and try out Link, Ryu (Metsu Hadouken), Mario, Pikachu, Sonic, and Evil Ryu (Raging Demon). Those are most of the characters who use the effect.

Also, what kind of graphics card do you have? I am beginning to wonder if there is some problem with graphics memory that is causing this error. You see, surfaces are only held in video memory, so if your graphics card doesn't have enough video memory to create this surface, the game might just skip it.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Coolness.

Look, no one else has reported that error so far, and quite a few characters use the effect that is causing it. Do me a favor and try out Link, Ryu (Metsu Hadouken), Mario, Pikachu, Sonic, and Evil Ryu (Raging Demon). Those are most of the characters who use the effect.

Also, what kind of graphics card do you have? I am beginning to wonder if there is some problem with graphics memory that is causing this error. You see, surfaces are only held in video memory, so if your graphics card doesn't have enough video memory to create this surface, the game might just skip it.
I'll try redownloading.....wait a minute I can't,every time you click the button that says "Click to Start Download" it just takes you back on the same download page!Can you try reuploading?:ohwell:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I'll try redownloading.....wait a minute I can't,every time you click the button that says "Click to Start Download" it just takes you back on the same download page!Can you try reuploading?:ohwell:
No. It takes almost two hours, and I had to do it like three times yesterday because it kept failing.

Sounds like your browser is acting funny. Just follow this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b4s1quw4dznwe and click on SSBC Demo v. 0.5.exe.

Top Bottom