• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
great does Saki have a final smash now i heard you guys couldn't think of one

and i have been playing kirby air ride and

wanted to know when will kirbys star item be available

along with Mr.freeze

since bomber man has frozen bombs

Mr. freeze shouldn't be that hard

also a lava or volcano stage from kirby air ride would be cool
Freezie is currently in the development version and works fabulously! :) And I hope we can get Warp Star in soon... I don't see why we can't.

are there any sprites for kirby's Dragoon? I was maybe thinking, why not change kirby's FS to him riding his dragoon onto his enemy, like do a few flips and **** like master hand, swoop down and hit his enemies.

oh and LOVE the idea of a faster speed, it would make the game A LOT more enjoyable, but not too fast because just like Golden said, keyboards can't read multiple buttons being pushed and one time.
I might make some minor tweaks. While playing the game today, I thought to myself, "Well, maybe it isn't too slow after all." I think it really depends on the characters being used.

As for Dragoon, that's not a terrible idea, actually. I'll consider it over some Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... Excuse me for a sec.

I'm back. Meh. I still don't know. I'll think about it.

D

Deleted member

MvC2=Broken with pointless characters. (Bone Claws Wolverine? Are you kidding me?)

MvC3=Hell of a lot better. Makes me actually want a 360.

TvC=Automatically awesome because of Karas.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I am trying to start up some more character-specific discussion. And I mean actually intelligent discussion. Lots of people made general threads and all they did was talk about how cool their character was. I hope that we can get some new threads going that are a departure from those.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I like everything about this (based on pics) it looks clean it looks simple and the sprites are all about the same in quality and the quality is pretty good. My only REAL advice would be on the CSS either go with all 3-D pictures on the CSS or all 2-D (which I'd recommend) since it doesn't look all that great when you use pictures of varying quality with different backgrounds. Different styles are OK since it's a crossover but you have to choose to make this look less cheap.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I like everything about this (based on pics) it looks clean it looks simple and the sprites are all about the same in quality and the quality is pretty good. My only REAL advice would be on the CSS either go with all 3-D pictures on the CSS or all 2-D (which I'd recommend) since it doesn't look all that great when you use pictures of varying quality with different backgrounds. Different styles are OK since it's a crossover but you have to choose to make this look less cheap.
Good suggestion! I think there are, as of now, only a handful of characters that aren't 3D-looking, such as Young/Toon Link, Ristar, and the FE characters. I'll do my best to get some different art for them.

Phantom7, I hope you're reading this.

D

Deleted member

IDK, considering I never met someone by the name of "photom 7".

Now, I'm sure Phantom7 has been working on Crusade.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
He recently made some new Menu backgrounds for us and helps with some animation from time to time. The menus are looking much better than in 0.1, huh? Well you can thank Phantom7 for the art!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
"You know you can't beat me!" lol the cpu taunts more than a wifi taunt party XD

This is awesome work, fellas I'm very impressed. I would love it if there was gamepad support, though I think I can make it work by using key-mapping, just plug-n-play is even better. I had trouble with move execution, it's definitely harder to play a fighter using a keyboard, but aside from that I noticed that button combos don't always get recognized, like i'd hit up+b and it'd just do b, but if I was already holding up, then hit b, it'd do it (which it shouldn't be I don't think) stuff like that, but yeah this obviously took a great amount of effort and I can't wait to see more. Love the character additions so far.

Oh yeah and ryu is broken :p at least I couldn't beat a lv 5 Ryu, not even mk could beat him, but we'll see how I do once I play it with a gamepad :p

Falcon88

Smash Ace
"You know you can't beat me!" lol the cpu taunts more than a wifi taunt party XD

This is awesome work, fellas I'm very impressed. I would love it if there was gamepad support, though I think I can make it work by using key-mapping, just plug-n-play is even better. I had trouble with move execution, it's definitely harder to play a fighter using a keyboard, but aside from that I noticed that button combos don't always get recognized, like i'd hit up+b and it'd just do b, but if I was already holding up, then hit b, it'd do it (which it shouldn't be I don't think) stuff like that, but yeah this obviously took a great amount of effort and I can't wait to see more. Love the character additions so far.

Oh yeah and ryu is broken :p at least I couldn't beat a lv 5 Ryu, not even mk could beat him, but we'll see how I do once I play it with a gamepad :p
Game Maker's support for Game Pads is very limited, so I'll do what I can and recommend XPadder! It's a nice program that lets you arrange and map buttons and save profiles. You also might try JoyToKey. I play with a gamepad using those programs.

And hey, Ryu's always broken in games, right? Except for MvC2, but that game is ridiculous anyway. But seriously, I think Ryu is pretty balanced. I consider him my main, but I still get beaten by CPU's from time to time.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Game Maker is awesome for so many things, but it definitely has its setbacks, like lack of 3D support and such, though I've seen a few various extension packs for control schemes, like wii-controls for instance... yeah I am definitely going to install a key mapper, cause I owe ryu a rematch, lol. I think you've prolly balanced it really well. I'd love to get my hands on the .gmk :p One super tiny detail I noticed, when you pick up an item it seems to ... "float" in between their legs rather than be like, in their hand? yeah... something like that, lol. It was kinda weird looking is all... I love the limit break aspect, or however you're calling it, building it up with hits, combos and whatnot, then release the final smash, great concept, and a worthy addition to the mechanics of smash. Why does the game slow down so much, is that just processing time, or is there something I can do to let it run smoother? It's not choppy slow, it's like... when you first hit or get hit, it slows way down, almost to a complete stop, then speeds up again to normal speed, and then it stays that way, but it might do that a few times during a match, kinda unpredictable, and I couldn't tell if it was a RAM issue or CPU issue, both, neither, ...

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Game Maker is awesome for so many things, but it definitely has its setbacks, like lack of 3D support and such
Actually, it has built-in 3D.
But the quality is meh. Good thing GM lets users use dlls

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
GM has many more setbacks than the ones listed above. There is little you can do to optimize performance, and it only runs in Windows.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Why does the game slow down so much, is that just processing time, or is there something I can do to let it run smoother? It's not choppy slow, it's like... when you first hit or get hit, it slows way down, almost to a complete stop, then speeds up again to normal speed, and then it stays that way, but it might do that a few times during a match, kinda unpredictable, and I couldn't tell if it was a RAM issue or CPU issue, both, neither, ...
I don't know - what OS do you run and what specifications are there for your computer hardware?

I'd say that sounds like a RAM or graphics memory issue, having played the game on a PC with less RAM than mine and experiencing weird slowdowns the first few times a player is hit.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Actually, it has built-in 3D.
But the quality is meh. Good thing GM lets users use dlls
I should have said "good" 3D support, I know it has some 3D functions, but its fairly limited. Unity FTW.

GM has many more setbacks than the ones listed above. There is little you can do to optimize performance, and it only runs in Windows.
Yeah, that's a pain too, considering one of our key developers uses mac. Supposedly there's a mac GM coming out but it's been in the works for months.

I don't know - what OS do you run and what specifications are there for your computer hardware?
lets see... P4@2.93 GHz, 504 MB RAM, running WinXP Home Edition

I'd say that sounds like a RAM or graphics memory issue, having played the game on a PC with less RAM than mine and experiencing weird slowdowns the first few times a player is hit.
Yeah, this. Based on my hardware I'm willing to bet I need more RAM for this game to run smoother. Ah well, it's still hella fun :)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yes, I believe you need more RAM, my friend. I have an extra 512 MB RAM chip, let me see if I can use my teleporter to send it to you...
Drat, I had better not. The magnetic field from the teleporter beam could damage the memory. Ah well.
so is saki going to be in or not really
Regrettably, I am going to say not really, but we do have a very special character lined up for ya. He'll be a challenge to create, but I'm sure fans of SSBB will be happy to see him return.

D

Deleted member

Does he have:
a. Blue balls.
b. The "aura".
c. Mewtwo's mother.
d. All of the above.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
you know........i'm gonna have to go and call my friend here. (ring) Lucario: "Hello?" Hey can you answer this for me? Do you have a. Blue Ballz b. The Aura c. Mewtwo's Mother or d. Allof the Above "hmmmmm....this is a tough one.......i'm gonna say.....d. all of the above" ok thank you. So yeah...d. All of the Above. So.....Reggis, did I get it right?

Smash Apprentice
i guess everone thinks its Lucario

i hope mewtwo will return in the demo after this if there is any demos

D

Deleted member

Uhh, no comment. o_o
Brawl Taunts 3 is where I got it from.
Mewtwo was po'ed that Lucario was in Brawl and he wasn't, so he asked Lucario what he had that he didn't have.
Lucario's response: "Bluuuuuuuuuuue Baaaaaaaalls!" as he charges Aura Sphere.
M: "And?"
L: "The aura!" as he swings his arms with the aura.
M: "And?"
L: "Your mother!" as he holds Mew.
M: ...

4nace

Smash Ace
Hey.

So school and other projects have crept up from all angles this summer, so i have a sketch sheet of wolf and a single sprite pretty much done haha. I might just post it here since I'm not really sure if I'll ever have time to give it a full go, but I still want to make it and I am very happy to see this project is still alive.

Also to this:
Game Maker's support for Game Pads is very limited, so I'll do what I can and recommend XPadder! It's a nice program that lets you arrange and map buttons and save profiles. You also might try JoyToKey. I play with a gamepad using those programs.
What I like to do in my games, is include JoyToKey in the .zip with a configuration all ready set up and saved for players 2-4. Also include in a text document that you do not own joyToKey and that is is a free program. That way users can just open it up and bam instant joypad support. I personally like joytokey better than .dlls for Game Maker since my previous attempts to have Gamepad support had pretty vicious input lag, but JoyToKey works great!

I'll be back in like a week with updates on Wolf and other things. Keep up the good work.

-Dan

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Good suggestion! I think there are, as of now, only a handful of characters that aren't 3D-looking, such as Young/Toon Link, Ristar, and the FE characters. I'll do my best to get some different art for them.

Phantom7, I hope you're reading this.
No, see I'm not sure you get where I'm going with this.

To use your sig as an example Ryu looks totally out of place but the other 2 look PERFECT (Bomberman could be positioned a smidgen better) and as I mentioned 2-D art is easier to get for most characters (seeing as you're using character who originated in the 80's 90's early 00's) and it looks better considering that you're using sprites.

I know it's such a minor detail, but every bit counts, no?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
No, see I'm not sure you get where I'm going with this.

To use your sig as an example Ryu looks totally out of place but the other 2 look PERFECT (Bomberman could be positioned a smidgen better) and as I mentioned 2-D art is easier to get for most characters (seeing as you're using character who originated in the 80's 90's early 00's) and it looks better considering that you're using sprites.

I know it's such a minor detail, but every bit counts, no?
I know exactly where you're going with it, but I haven't been able to find a good 3D-ish picture of Ryu in the correct style to be used as a mugshot. Honestly, the TvC Ryu looks better than any other one we've used so far. We are doing the best we can to make the CSS look good.

By the way, I don't make these. Phantom7 is responsible for all menu/CSS art. I'll let him know that you brought this up.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I know exactly where you're going with it, but I haven't been able to find a good 3D-ish picture of Ryu in the correct style to be used as a mugshot. Honestly, the TvC Ryu looks better than any other one we've used so far. We are doing the best we can to make the CSS look good.

By the way, I don't make these. Phantom7 is responsible for all menu/CSS art. I'll let him know that you brought this up.
The problem is, though, that it's nearly impossible to make every character's mugshots and busts the same style. For example, I can't find an image of Ristar that is 3-D and an image of Kystal that's 2-D.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
>.> did you fix bombermans N Special where he kicks the bomb? i mean im seriously pissed everytime i do it and i cant do anything afterwards and fall to my untimely death

Falcon88

Smash Ace
>.> did you fix bombermans N Special where he kicks the bomb? i mean im seriously pissed everytime i do it and i cant do anything afterwards and fall to my untimely death
I wasn't aware anything was wrong with it... Are you going into Fall Special after using it?

The move is supposed to have some end lag because it's already a great keep-away tool... So I don't know what you mean exactly.

Edit: Okay - still laggy in air, but no Fall Special. Sound good?

Top Bottom