• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
i was always battling lv 5 CPU from the 1st time the lv changer came out, to be honest, i never really found any difference between the original CPU and lv 5 CPU. Maybe you should increase the difficulty level for the CPU levels Falcon, lv 5 feels more like a brawl lv 7, not 9

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Great game, really, this is the best Smash Bros fangame on the internet right now. I play it with my Gamepad using JoyToKey and I must say it really feels professional.
Here are a few bugs I found, I don't know if they have been already reported.

First, Hyrule Castle needs larger barriers because Kirby can jump as high as he can off the top platform and kill himself..

Second, I was doing an all random free for all at a random stage, after the match was over, I took players 3 and 4 off and only had players 1 and 2 on a character. When the match started, players 3 and 4 showed up as another random character, it did this until I left to the menu and went back to character select, then it stopped.

About Mewtwo:
Why take out Mewtwo because the SSF2 devs had a stroke that you used their sprite, what are they gonna do? sue? Mewtwo isn't their character. Its really a complement that you use their sprite, because its good. But I won't complain, you guys are dealing with it.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
i was always battling lv 5 CPU from the 1st time the lv changer came out, to be honest, i never really found any difference between the original CPU and lv 5 CPU. Maybe you should increase the difficulty level for the CPU levels Falcon, lv 5 feels more like a brawl lv 7, not 9
Okay, I will then! ;)

Great game, really, this is the best Smash Bros fangame on the internet right now. I play it with my Gamepad using JoyToKey and I must say it really feels professional.
Here are a few bugs I found, I don't know if they have been already reported.

First, Hyrule Castle needs larger barriers because Kirby can jump as high as he can off the top platform and kill himself..

Second, I was doing an all random free for all at a random stage, after the match was over, I took players 3 and 4 off and only had players 1 and 2 on a character. When the match started, players 3 and 4 showed up as another random character, it did this until I left to the menu and went back to character select, then it stopped.

About Mewtwo:
Why take out Mewtwo because the SSF2 devs had a stroke that you used their sprite, what are they gonna do? sue? Mewtwo isn't their character. Its really a complement that you use their sprite, because its good. But I won't complain, you guys are dealing with it.
Argh! Return of the Random Glitch! I'll work on that right away.

As for Mewtwo, I agree with what you're saying, but it is unethical to take someone's stuff without asking. We did ask for it, but only after we had been using the sprites for some time. So you have a good point, but in order to look like nice people, we're going to refrain from using what isn't ours. :(

D

Deleted member

I wonder if like how Mewtwo can appear randomly, can Shadow Moses Island appear randomly if you select a random stage?

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
I meant to ask about Shadow Moses Island, is that an unlockable stage like rice beach? Or is it just not in the select screen yet?

4nace

Smash Ace
@Falcon: Thats okay. :p I'm getting annoyed of the game not accepting me too.

And it still not working. It keeps appearing this:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object test_initialize:

File is not opened for reading.

@Dblock: The link did work and it did download it just that when I start it up the game, it gave me a error.
Hey. There is sometimes errors with GameMaker and File Saving and Loading when you are on a computer where you are not the administrator. If you get this error, I would try this.

After you install the game, right click the icon. See if you can find a Run as... option. Click that. When the run as box opens up, there should be a check box that says

Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity.

Uncheck that box and hit Okay.

If you don't have a Run as option, then I dunno haha.

Good Luck =).

-Dan

Smash Apprentice
Actually, no. It hasn't been confirmed why it was removed.
Zero Insanity said:
Remove my Shadow Moses Island from that 1st post... NOW.
Falcon8r said:
I'm sorry, we missed your name in the credits in the game. Is it okay if we replace your name, and then continue to use the stage?
Zero Insanity said:
No, I made that SMI for SSF2 ONLY. Remove it now.
he is a ssf2 dev read the post see

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hush Gold.

If we wanted you to fight for our right to keep Mewtwo, we would ask you to do that.

Guess what? We haven't asked you to do anything, and you continue to call out the ssf2 devs. You're giving us a bad reputation, and I'm tired of it.

When we put in Mewtwo we (although I wasn't involved in it, I will say we) made a mistake. The same goes for SMI. Grow up and let it go.

@12347: Where did you find that? I'd like to talk to this guy.

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Hey. There is sometimes errors with GameMaker and File Saving and Loading when you are on a computer where you are not the administrator. If you get this error, I would try this.

After you install the game, right click the icon. See if you can find a Run as... option. Click that. When the run as box opens up, there should be a check box that says

Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity.

Uncheck that box and hit Okay.

If you don't have a Run as option, then I dunno haha.

Good Luck =).

-Dan
I did it and that wou'dn't work either.

I put the patch into the data folder and just click on the main thing, and it didn't freezed up my computer at the end of battles as much. It still freezed it, but only for a little amount of time.

Smash Apprentice
Hush Gold.

If we wanted you to fight for our right to keep Mewtwo, we would ask you to do that.

Guess what? We haven't asked you to do anything, and you continue to call out the ssf2 devs. You're giving us a bad reputation, and I'm tired of it.

When we put in Mewtwo we (although I wasn't involved in it, I will say we) made a mistake. The same goes for SMI. Grow up and let it go.

@12347: Where did you find that? I'd like to talk to this guy.

http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/index.htm

in members find Zero Insanity

althouth he did message me this once

[cdg777 wrote:
lets stop this flameing or what ever what do u mean why dont you want your stuff to be in the game]

Actually, your right. I overacted a little too much...

Also, there's certain stuff I wanted to be in SSF2. However, I could make some original stages for SSBC. To apologize for my behavior, and I didn't make a good first impression either. Once again, I'm sorry for insulting you.

I'll go and PM a Dev here to apologize.

D

Deleted member

Hush Gold.

Jesus H. Christ.
Why do you think I removed the content of my post? (Note that it was before you posted that I edited my previous post).

Learn to read before you call someone out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Jesus H. Christ.
Why do you think I removed the content of my post? (Note that it was before you posted that I edited my previous post).

Learn to read before you call someone out.
I should learn to read?

What I said has absolutely nothing to do with what you just posted. I was just saying that I'm tired of you constantly bringing up the sprite issues.

You're harassing the SSF2 devs, and you're annoying me.

D

Deleted member

12347 was the one who brought it up, not me.
And for the last times I mentioned it, it was to answer the constantly asked question "Where's Mewtwo?", "Is Mewtwo unlockable?", "Why isn't Mewtwo selectable?", etc.
Like I said, learn to read before calling someone out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
12347 was the one who brought it up, not me.
And for the last times I mentioned it, it was to answer the constantly asked question "Where's Mewtwo?", "Is Mewtwo unlockable?", "Why isn't Mewtwo selectable?", etc.
Like I said, learn to read before calling someone out.
Oh come on now, stop acting like you don't still do it on the Crusade forums and occasionally on here. I'm just tired of it, and I thought that now would be a good time to bring it up.

To quote TSON a little over a month ago:
(Except Golden, he's still stalking me trying to win an argument that I'm not even arguing about anymore, I can give you some examples of his PMs on both sites >_>)
Now shush and learn how to behave before you embarrass yourself (and us) further.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Guess what? Lucario is 99% finished! I'm thinking of recording a match with him in a possibly his Final Smash, so stay tuned. :)

His Final Smash is Close Combat, where he performs three blows, and if the third of which connects, he does a huge combo ending in an explosive column of Aura!

Thanks to Ra Lord for sprites and ideas.

D

Deleted member

Oh come on now, stop acting like you don't still do it on the Crusade forums and occasionally on here. I'm just tired of it, and I thought that now would be a good time to bring it up.

To quote TSON a little over a month ago:

Now shush and learn how to behave before you embarrass yourself (and us) further.

That was a fricking MONTH ago. Y'know, when the situation actually HAPPENED?
If you have nothing better to do than get after me for something that happened a month ago, get off my back. Especially seeing as I already removed the content of my post to avoid starting another flamewar. (Which apparantely failed, as you STILL made a big deal about it) What more do you f***ing WANT from me? I wasn't ASKED to remove it; I removed it because it was the right thing to do.

@Falcon: SWEET! I like this new Final Smash already, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion: add a cancel feature on the pause screen to leave a match.

If there is already a way to cancel a match, then I don't know how.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Suggestion: add a cancel feature on the pause screen to leave a match.

If there is already a way to cancel a match, then I don't know how.
Use F3 to cancel a match. Help files are your friends. :) Use F1 to bring up Help during the game. Seriously, though, in the future I do want to implement what you're talking about and maybe even have a scrolling camera during pause, but we'll see.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Use F3 to cancel a match. Help files are your friends. :) Use F1 to bring up Help during the game. Seriously, though, in the future I do want to implement what you're talking about and maybe even have a scrolling camera during pause, but we'll see.
Hmm, strange, I did read the help file ingame, but I didn't see that. Guess I overlooked it, lol.

Thanks anyway, and I hope you do at least put a scrolling camera, but I'll just see. Also, can't wait to see Lucario!

D

Deleted member

The F# Buttons do different things depending on the button. Try them out when you get the chance, Tinnitus. :)

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Guess what? Lucario is 99% finished! I'm thinking of recording a match with him in a possibly his Final Smash, so stay tuned. :)

His Final Smash is Close Combat, where he performs three blows, and if the third of which connects, he does a huge combo ending in an explosive column of Aura!

Thanks to Ra Lord for sprites and ideas.
Yay!!! I can't wait to see him in the next demo! When is that going to be released?

D

Deleted member

From what I heard, not for a long while, as various 1P modes are being implemented.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Golden is correct, but this is not set in stone. I could do another update upon completion of a few more characters. :) But when I am working on 1P mode stuff, I won't update save for bug fixes.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! 1p modes at last! What modes do you have planned for the full game?

Also, got another bug:
Sometimes when I pick Power Suit Samus, the match starts with me as Zero Suit, and vice versa, its really annoying sometimes...

Smash Apprentice
Golden is correct, but this is not set in stone. I could do another update upon completion of a few more characters. :) But when I am working on 1P mode stuff, I won't update save for bug fixes.
yes i would like a demo with lucario , vaati , saki , and deoxys

instead of waiting ages for new demo

also some bugs from v.5 need fixing

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Oh okay. Thats aweosme. Thanks for the update on whats gonig to happen. ^^ Hopefully, the next demo won't have as many bugs as it did for this demo..

D

Deleted member

Deoxys is not going to be in the demo, 12347. Deoxys is an unlockable.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh okay. Thats aweosme. Thanks for the update on whats gonig to happen. ^^ Hopefully, the next demo won't have as many bugs as it did for this demo..
I'm really sorry about the error message with the surfaces. Apparently, it DOES matter whether your computer has a dedicated graphics card. :/ You would think that Game Maker would take care of that sort of thing itself, but alas...

Anyhow, I actually consider this demo to be the best as far as glitches and such go, so I am sad to see so many people calling it glitchy. :(

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sorry about the error message with the surfaces. Apparently, it DOES matter whether your computer has a dedicated graphics card. :/ You would think that Game Maker would take care of that sort of thing itself, but alas...

Anyhow, I actually consider this demo to be the best as far as glitches and such go, so I am sad to see so many people calling it glitchy. :(
I wouldn't call it "glitchy", it just has a bug here and there, most of them being minor. Probably the most major one I found was the random glitch.

Shouldn't The Great Sea Be counted as a Brawl stage like Castle Seige?

Anyway, found another bug:
I was Mario on a team with Luigi vs Fox on a team with Krystal at Hyrule Castle.
I was fighting Krystal on the far left side of the stage, in the middle of the battle she did a dodge roll and just disappeared! Luigi was fighting Fox on the far right of the stage, defeated him, and then it was just Luigi and I running around the stage.
I went suicidal and then the match was over saying red team wins. (we were red)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call it "glitchy", it just has a bug here and there, most of them being minor. Probably the most major one I found was the random glitch.

Shouldn't The Great Sea Be counted as a Brawl stage like Castle Seige?

Anyway, found another bug:
I was Mario on a team with Luigi vs Fox on a team with Krystal at Hyrule Castle.
I was fighting Krystal on the far left side of the stage, in the middle of the battle she did a dodge roll and just disappeared! Luigi was fighting Fox on the far right of the stage, defeated him, and then it was just Luigi and I running around the stage.
I went suicidal and then the match was over saying red team wins. (we were red)
Hmm. Yes, I got a report about that error before. I think I have fixed it already. Seems to be a bug specific to Krystal, and I think it involves her Staff attack.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
I'd Suggest Every 1p mode implemented should come with a new release with some characters and stages in addition. So by the time you have All-Stars or any additional 1p modes it'll be practically near completion.

My hopes for the next release: Saki, Classic mode, training, And some kind of mini game.

And is anyone else having troubles with Joy2key on this demo? I cant seem to get it to work.

EDIT: Quick question Falcon. Are Break the targets, Race to the Finish, Board the Platforms going to be in this? And will there be any original mini-games like this?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
EDIT: Quick question Falcon. Are Break the targets, Race to the Finish, Board the Platforms going to be in this? And will there be any original mini-games like this?
At the moment, yes, those 3 bonus games will be in. I don't know of any original mini-games that will be in yet, other than a new Versus mode called "King of the Ring". Basically, a ring appears on stage, and players get points for staying inside the ring. So, it becomes a King of the Hill match. Whoever has the most points at the end of the time limit wins.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
At the moment, yes, those 3 bonus games will be in. I don't know of any original mini-games that will be in yet, other than a new Versus mode called "King of the Ring". Basically, a ring appears on stage, and players get points for staying inside the ring. So, it becomes a King of the Hill match. Whoever has the most points at the end of the time limit wins.
I actually quite like that idea. And will the minigames be like brawls where it was only 5 difficulties for everyone? Or like melees where they all get their own?

Top Bottom