• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
*facepalm*

If you are going to do your own smash flash game, please DO NOT USE THE SPRITES WE SPECIALLY MADE FOR SUPER SMASH FLASH 2 ONLY, and just use the ones made by yours or from other games.

And in the Mewtwo sheet it clearly says "for Super Smash Flash 2", so keep that in your mind

-Dhragen

PD: And yeah, i am a SSF2 Developent, and Cleod don't like that too......¬_¬

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
*facepalm*

If you are going to do your own smash flash game, please DO NOT USE THE SPRITES WE SPECIALLY MADE FOR SUPER SMASH FLASH 2 ONLY, and just use the ones made by yours or from other games.

And in the Mewtwo sheet it clearly says "for Super Smash Flash 2", so keep that in your mind

-Dhragen

1 wtf with the picture?
2 SSBC isnt even a flash game
3 they got permission if you havent notice another devs have already came by and they dont seem to mind at all

Falcon88

Smash Ace
all i did was convert my MP3 to OGG but the was one problem they are always the same time length as the songs the stage is suppose have
What? Why? The songs can be whatever length you want them to be. What version of this game are you playing?

By the way, you might want to use this program for your audio editing (it's what I use to make all the game's audio files): http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Are the .ogg loop points hard-coded into the game?
No. They are not. The game should play whatever music you throw at it from start to finish.

*facepalm*

-Dhragen

Uh, sorry. I'll ask for permission from now on (but I believe we have permission for Mewtwo. Neron didn't seem to mind us using those sprites).

And, this is NOT a "Smash Flash" Game. This is a Game Maker game.

Edit: Where did you get this picture? Or from whom?

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
What? Why? The songs can be whatever length you want them to be. What version of this game are you playing?

By the way, you might want to use this program for your audio editing (it's what I use to make all the game's audio files): http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

No. They are not. The game should play whatever music you throw at it from start to finish.

Uh, sorry. I'll ask for permission from now on (but I believe we have permission for Mewtwo. Neron didn't seem to mind us using those sprites).

And, this is NOT a "Smash Flash" Game. This is a Game Maker game.

Edit: Where did you get this picture? Or from whom?
Well, i mean game maker game, but just a simple mistake i guess. and i think it's fine if you use our sprites for your game, just remmember to give the propher credits and then we will be fine. Cleod just want to keep good relations at all with the other smash fan games, sorry by my rage :p

EDIT: and somebody posted that pic in the the dev section of Mcleaodgaming.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Well, i mean game maker game, but just a simple mistake i guess. and i think it's fine if you use our sprites for your game, just remmember to give the propher credits and then we will be fine. Cleod just want to keep good relations at all with the other smash fan games, sorry by my rage :p
I'm sure they will. They've been defending SSF2 whenever random people came on and just bashed it, so they're good guys.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
A friend of ours picked up your source code and was fooling around with it. No biggie.

And Mewtwo's sprites belong to Cheddar-X, not Neron. So that's irrelevant. Most of the sprites were made specifically for SSF2. You can ask the creators for permission if that's the case (just ask if you don't know whos they are), or use them as long as the sheet is publicly uploaded by the original creator outside of mcleodgaming. Or if you don't want to go through the trouble, give credit at least. :/

Don't mean to attack or anything lol.

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
SSF2 v6 is up now dudes check it out... :)
(prepare yourself)

BTW those aren't my mewtwo sprites i have no authority over them... But i think Dhragen and cheddar does..
I only talked about preetboy cause he asked me too (forgetting that he gave you permission to use it)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
There are decompilers all over the place. Anyone could take it apart if they really wanted to. Same with SSF2.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
It was in the demo that was downloaded.

I recommend finding a way to make it more secure.
No, it was not included. He must be using a decompiler.

There are decompilers all over the place. Anyone could take it apart if they really wanted to. Same with SSF2.
Well, I guess we aren't going to have any more demos then. You'll have to wait about a year, until the game is finished, to play another version. I am NOT kidding. If we can't upload the game without worrying about this, then we're not uploading it anymore until it's done. Sorry.

The newest one. Everytime it loops right in the middle of the song
Whatever program you are using to create your oggs must be messing up the headers for the ogg files. Try using Audacity. Like I said, I used it to make all the music that is currently in the game, and they work fine, right?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well, I guess we aren't going to have any more demos then. You'll have to wait about a year, until the game is finished, to play another version. I am NOT kidding. If we can't upload the game without worrying about this, then we're not uploading it anymore until it's done. Sorry.
You know there are ways to stop decompilers from working you know
The ones i found on google only work for 7.0 of game maker and i believe there's a anti-decompiler program to help prevent people from stealing your work

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
So will the demo that was planning on coming out in a few days still coming as planned, or is that being scrapped, too?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
There are some programs that can prevent game decompiling, which you'll have to use.

For example, this one
http://sgames.ovh.org/blog/index.php/projekty/game-protector/

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Way to freak out over something that could have been done at any time. It's not like he's going to release it, he's a good guy. Or grab an anti-decompiler.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
A suggestion: After watching a CPU vs CPU of snake and mach rider, I noticed that every time Snake used his Final Smash, he missed all of his shots. I must say, they're easy to avoid. So perhaps the missiles could have a bit larger explosion?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
There are some programs that can prevent game decompiling, which you'll have to use.

For example, this one
http://sgames.ovh.org/blog/index.php/projekty/game-protector/
Thanks for the link! Trying it now...

So will the demo that was planning on coming out in a few days still coming as planned, or is that being scrapped, too?
Well, the game's still in development, at any rate. We'll see.

Way to freak out over something that could have been done at any time. It's not like he's going to release it, he's a good guy. Or grab an anti-decompiler.
I guess I managed to scare some people after all. No worries, I am trying out a decompiler and an anti-decompiler now. But if I can't find a suitable one, I really will be stopping the updates.

A suggestion: After watching a CPU vs CPU of snake and mach rider, I noticed that every time Snake used his Final Smash, he missed all of his shots. I must say, they're easy to avoid. So perhaps the missiles could have a bit larger explosion?
Snake's FS has since been buffed a good bit. Here's a breakdown:
Damage: 12 -> 14%
Base KB: No change
Growth KB: Slight increase
Frames until detonation after launch: 45 -> 30
Grenade speed: Increased 1.5X
Blast Radius: 2.2 -> 2.5
Screen shake on explosion: 0 -> 1.75 :)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
uummmm yeah Falcon....it still loops the same way :(
I'm sorry DBlock14, I can't help you there. There should be no problem as long as you have the ogg file itself at the correct length.

And now for news! Planet Zebes from Super Smash Bros. will be in the demo next week! We are now just putting on final touches.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry DBlock14, I can't help you there. There should be no problem as long as you have the ogg file itself at the correct length.

And now for news! Planet Zebes from Super Smash Bros. will be in the demo next week! We are now just putting on final touches.
So there will be demos? Huzzah!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
ok out of curiosity, if move the the final des ogg files out of the folder temporarily just see if the music im adding actually worked, would it affect the way it loops or am I saying ******** things?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think he's saying that now he won't upload a demo until he's sure that no one can steal his work. Luckily, the guy that first decompiled it is a good guy, so it hasn't been stolen yet.

Good work on Zebes guys, I already told you earlier today what I thought you should do, lol.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I guess I managed to scare some people after all. No worries, I am trying out a decompiler and an anti-decompiler now. But if I can't find a suitable one, I really will be stopping the updates.
Then who's going to stop people from downloading the end product and doing the exact same thing? Do you really think someone is going to rip the source and try to race you to completion or something? :/

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Then who's going to stop people from downloading the end product and doing the exact same thing? Do you really think someone is going to rip the source and try to race you to completion or something? :/

They might copy the engine and try to make their own crappy clone.

An anti-decompiler should stop people from doing it to the end product, right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If they knew how to work game maker and went through the trouble of looking for a decompiler I'm pretty sure they could write their own :/

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I think he's saying that now he won't upload a demo until he's sure that no one can steal his work. Luckily, the guy that first decompiled it is a good guy, so it hasn't been stolen yet.

Good work on Zebes guys, I already told you earlier today what I thought you should do, lol.
Yes, and Zebes does look better now. The acid goes in front and is partially transparent, with another layer of acid behind the stage as well.

If they knew how to work game maker and went through the trouble of looking for a decompiler I'm pretty sure they could write their own :/
Like I said, I now have a anti-decompiler that seems to work, so I am not worried about that anymore.

Now then, what does eveyone think about Krystal being in the next demo?

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Thought krystal would be in there, as her voices were in this demo. I think it'll be cool to have her, she seems like she actually wouldn't play like fox.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Well, E3 happened and don't think that we didn't get any ideas from it! So here's a little teaser for the next update Crusade will have. Have fun:

Top Bottom