• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
New bug report:

On Asteroid Fields, playing as Fox, grab a super mushroom and go to the middle of one of the higher placed platforms. Use your Up-B on the ground and aim it left/right, whichever is towards the center of the stage. You should, when landing, enter special fall at ground level. This can be done with regular sized Fox as well, but then you have to be slightly above the ground to achieve the same effect.

I also find the Drill-->Up-B combo to be nice as Fox. Guaranteed against CPU's at least...they need better DI.

Edit: Jumps are refreshed after hitting the floor with Fox Up-B, and most importantly after using Kirby's Stone. This means that as long as Kirby has enough altitude, he can always recover. Samus can also always recover through the use of bomb jumps, and small Samus (poison mushroom or reduced character size doesn't matter) actually gains height without the use of the bomb.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh wow. I just found this game today, and I'm shocked I haven't found it earlier. I've just played it 5 hours straight and I already like it more than brawl, perhaps the final product will be better than melee. I've told all my friends about this and they all love it. From the looks of things, you guys are making progress at an incredible rate. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I hope to provide another update soon, right after we add in another NEW stage! I'm sure you'll like it.

New bug report:

On Asteroid Fields, playing as Fox, grab a super mushroom and go to the middle of one of the higher placed platforms. Use your Up-B on the ground and aim it left/right, whichever is towards the center of the stage. You should, when landing, enter special fall at ground level. This can be done with regular sized Fox as well, but then you have to be slightly above the ground to achieve the same effect.

I also find the Drill-->Up-B combo to be nice as Fox. Guaranteed against CPU's at least...they need better DI.

Edit: Jumps are refreshed after hitting the floor with Fox Up-B, and most importantly after using Kirby's Stone. This means that as long as Kirby has enough altitude, he can always recover. Samus can also always recover through the use of bomb jumps, and small Samus (poison mushroom or reduced character size doesn't matter) actually gains height without the use of the bomb.
Well, that's fun. I'll have to have some kind of sanity check on Kirby's Stone. I think there's a problem there. Mini Samus's Bomb Jump... that's interesting. I have an idea how to fix that. Should be fixed by next time. And yeah, Dair to Fire Fox gives you some really nice damage, huh?

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
I just brought the game to school today and played multiplayer in 3 of my classes. This game received quite a bit of compliments and attention!

I'm sure you guys have already discussed this, but is pikachu's down B going to continue going through platforms?

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I found a pretty fun glitch. After finishing a mode with something else than 100% character size, close the game and then open it again, and go to the options screen at the CSS (Char Selection Screen). You should notice that instead of 75% (if you played with 75% size last time), the bar will say 75.00%. You can now alter the size of your character to 25%, resulting in a very small battle, 0%, which removes your character from the screen and all hitboxes, making for a very boring fight, and finally -25%-->infinity. These are like their positive counterpart except that the characters, but no objects, fall upwards. You jump downwards as well. This makes for an interesting King of the Hill battle on Hyrule Temple, the only stage with a ceiling easily accessible.

I think this may be possible with game speed, but I haven't tested. Negative speed sounds wicked though.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I just brought the game to school today and played multiplayer in 3 of my classes. This game received quite a bit of compliments and attention!

I'm sure you guys have already discussed this, but is pikachu's down B going to continue going through platforms?
Cool.
As for Thunder, yes, probably.

I found a pretty fun glitch. After finishing a mode with something else than 100% character size, close the game and then open it again, and go to the options screen at the CSS (Char Selection Screen). You should notice that instead of 75% (if you played with 75% size last time), the bar will say 75.00%. You can now alter the size of your character to 25%, resulting in a very small battle, 0%, which removes your character from the screen and all hitboxes, making for a very boring fight, and finally -25%-->infinity. These are like their positive counterpart except that the characters, but no objects, fall upwards. You jump downwards as well. This makes for an interesting King of the Hill battle on Hyrule Temple, the only stage with a ceiling easily accessible.

I think this may be possible with game speed, but I haven't tested. Negative speed sounds wicked though.
I can't seem to perform this. Did a couple matches with 50% and no luck getting the "50.00%" to appear.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Found a random glitch - when playing with characters with 200% size, at least Toad (haven't tested with others) can run through the blue slopes on Asteroid Field and end up under the stage if not holding left/right - if you're holding one of those buttons, you'll grab the ledge.

On a more general note, the shield size for a character is always the same, ignoring size. This means that your shield is gigantic compared to your body in 50% size mode, while barely covering you at all in 200% mode.

You should also fix the hit/hurtbox on Firefox, it's quite misleading as of now (the hit/hurtbox is slightly below the actual fire).

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
In safron city metaknight can get stuck in the wall where the pokemon come out when you use your side special

Fox and Tail when you active their final smashes under platforms like under asteroid field they go slowly through

AIs cant double jump over the wall at peach's castle

some areas on certain places on the map people cant jump at all

when you use evil ryu spinning kick on the slope of peaches castle you fall right through the stage may be the same with ryu

evil ryu can still block final smashes with his counter like waluigi

3 new characters

Mach Rider awesome but reminds me of captain falcon for some reason lol but some of his attacks kinda lag a bit like his multiple kicking one

peach is fun to use but people occasionally dont fall asleep when she uses her final smash D:

nice new megaman is awesome but some of his buster is pretty spammable though
the soccerball is kinda hard to hit though
finally a good use for his leaf shield

new shell is kinda a meh though you cant hit it or jump on it to make it moe slowly

new stages are fun like the kirby stage changing from night to day is awesome
castle siege is okay
peach castle fun

It would be nice to see the animation on kirby stage if it wasnt so down below

Falcon88

Smash Ace
In safron city metaknight can get stuck in the wall where the pokemon come out when you use your side special

Fox and Tail when you active their final smashes under platforms like under asteroid field they go slowly through

AIs cant double jump over the wall at peach's castle

some areas on certain places on the map people cant jump at all

when you use evil ryu spinning kick on the slope of peaches castle you fall right through the stage may be the same with ryu

evil ryu can still block final smashes with his counter like waluigi

3 new characters

Mach Rider awesome but reminds me of captain falcon for some reason lol but some of his attacks kinda lag a bit like his multiple kicking one

peach is fun to use but people occasionally dont fall asleep when she uses her final smash D:

nice new megaman is awesome but some of his buster is pretty spammable though
the soccerball is kinda hard to hit though
finally a good use for his leaf shield

new shell is kinda a meh though you cant hit it or jump on it to make it moe slowly

new stages are fun like the kirby stage changing from night to day is awesome
castle siege is okay
peach castle fun

It would be nice to see the animation on kirby stage if it wasnt so down below
The shell is unfinished, but still usable, I think. It should be better next time!

awesome 0.3 guys! :D
Thanks, as always. :)

MedinasWorks

Smash Rookie
Great update, guys. I played it for hours yesterday. Nice new characters and stages.
Now, It's looking more professional the game interface: the song name displayed when the battle begins is awesome.
Good job, people!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
megaman and mach rider are great addition

megaman got some great combos by himself

mach rider awesome love his multi kick attack even if he is just an edit of a JUS sprite

stages updates truely make them more enjoyable and replaying now

menu screen is awesome

D: ground dodge now

only thing i dont like is the shell but its in experimental stage

i say megaman and mach rider mah favorite

Falcon88

Smash Ace
D: ground dodge now
Yes, we are still working on getting sprites for that. Shouldn't take too much longer.

Well, the first thing I enjoyed was your own logos before the Start Screen, and the new image of the main menu.
Thanks, revamping the menu was one of our highest priorities.

Well, itsjenyoumen and others will be happy to know that Mega Man and a few other characters got tweaked just after I uploaded the demo, and some other random glitches got fixed.

- Slopes on Peach's Castle fixed
- CPU glitch where they just stand there when near an edge has been fixed
- CPU's jump less often (unless they need to get over a wall, etc.)
- Mega Upper (Up B) now has more horizontal movement
- Mega Man's Up Smash is slightly stronger
- Mega Man can now fire a short range Tornado Hold or a long one depending on your timing
- Snake's Utilt, Fair, and Grenade have all been sped up slightly
- Snake's Bair and Uair are slightly stronger
- Samus takes longer to recover from firing a missile (changed from 45 to 50 for Homing and 45 to 55 for Super), and Homing Missiles have less knockback
- Samus's Nair has less base knockback and more knockback growth

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Good list of bug fixes there.

On Asteroid Field (and probably all other stages, but it is easy to reproduce there), play as anyone, set your opponent to Mech Rider, and when he activates his final smash, grab any ledge. He'll jump around in the middle and shoot, and eventually one shot will hit you. You'll remain in the "grabbing the ledge"-animation, but you've moved down and away from the ledge. If you use your get-up attack, you have a good chance of ending up inside the stage.

I was also able to grab Peach on Peach Castle while touching and facing the wall, and she ended up inside the building when she was grab-released.

Also, are you working on pummels and Z-airs?

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
Question Why did you take SSF2 menu Style and "Crusade it"
Why is Original mega-man in the game Like in SSF2?
Those 2 things set you apart, other than your roster having Ryu and non-anime's (sorta)
I miss Command Mission X now, when will i see X in a SSB fan game again

BTW: you do know X is in the same Universe as original Mega-man

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Question Why did you take SSF2 menu Style and "Crusade it"
Why is Original mega-man in the game Like in SSF2?
Those 2 things set you apart, other than your roster having Ryu and non-anime's (sorta)
I miss Command Mission X now, when will i see X in a SSB fan game again

BTW: you do know X is in the same Universe as original Mega-man
On the contrary, our menu is more easily compared to Melee, not SSF2. The fact that both include a description and an image is merely coincidence. We're ultimately trying to avoid SSBC and SSF2 comparison here, so could you please let off on that a little? Our menu needed to be revamped, so we redid it in more of a Smash Bros style. Notice the menu item boxes and the lights in the background clearly resemble Melee's menu. :)

The original Mega Man is now in the game simply because our general audience seems to appreciate him more than X. The classic blue bomber is just more important to video game history than the more current Command Mission X, so we thought it would be necessary to replace him. As far as his moveset, FS, and play-style go, he's not much like SSF2 Mega Man at all.

So overall, how did you like the new update?

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
Honestly; Loved it as all ways...
Keep up the good work dudes! I know im supposed to helping but i have my hands tied

BTW: i like comparing SSBC and SSF2 it give me a competitive edge, not in the way of attempting to beat you, but forcing me to always push my limits! and it gives me personal insight on this team and this game and i like what i see.
although If you find it really annoying ill stop.

Please be sure to check out the upcoming SSF2 demo, you'll be in for quite the surprise.

PS: Dont worry i do this with EVERY SSB fangame

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Honestly; Loved it as all ways...
Please be sure to check out the upcoming SSF2 demo, you'll be in for quite the surprise.
There's a new demo? 0.7? I do want it to be a surprise, but are there new characters and stages in this one?
And while we're on the subject, do you know how many characters are actually completed in SSF2? There are only a few in the demo, so that's why I'm wondering.

BTW: i like comparing SSBC and SSF2 it give me a competitive edge, not in the way of attempting to beat you, but forcing me to always push my limits! and it gives me personal insight on this team and this game and i like what i see.
although If you find it really annoying ill stop.
I don't think it's annoying. I think sometimes it's good. The games have their own strengths and weaknesses, so evaluationg them is necessary if the game are going to get any better.
I noticed something about Flash 2 and about the Suoer Smash Bros. Brawl Engine (fangame) while playing it yesterday - the physics. What are your thoughts on the physics in these games, and should SSBC make acceleration, max speed, and momentum more noticeable? (they are in the game, but very subtle)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Comparison is good sometimes to push ourselves as individual fangame developers. Debating which is better or attempting to debate which is better is the kind of comparison we're trying to avoid.

Top Bottom