• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
ok three things.
1. Falcon it's 0.6. Your skipping a demo or 2
2. On peaches castle (don't know if this works with all characters) i was using luigi, and i used his final smash on the left side of the stage. When it ended in the corner of the floor on the top of the castle he froze there with invincibility and falling down frames and i couldn't move, attack or be attacked had to restart match. It's a really hard glitch to repeat.
3. When your using ice mode in luigi's FS, if u hit someone in mid air with the big one and the go off the screen (not far enough to die) while frozen, they will bounce for a while and then die

Falcon88

Smash Ace
ok three things.
1. Falcon it's 0.6. Your skipping a demo or 2
Oh, yeah. It';s 0.5 now, isn't it. I haven't checked on it in months so I thougt I might have missed something. Should have known better.
2. On peaches castle (don't know if this works with all characters) i was using luigi, and i used his final smash on the left side of the stage. When it ended in the corner of the floor on the top of the castle he froze there with invincibility and falling down frames and i couldn't move, attack or be attacked had to restart match. It's a really hard glitch to repeat.
3. When your using ice mode in luigi's FS, if u hit someone in mid air with the big one and the go off the screen (not far enough to die) while frozen, they will bounce for a while and then die
2. Should be fixed now. I found a similar glitch with Drill Rush where you could get stuck there, and so I realized I had placed the slopes too high. After I moved them, I couldn't repeat it. (Of course, with Drill Rush, there was no invincibility.)
3. Should also be fixed. It was caused by going off-screen, which killed the ice block instance. That doesn't happen anymore.

News! We have just finished another character: Bomberman!

Mana94

Smash Rookie
This is very nice, I applaud anyone who has something to do with this. It has very well done features, complete, not rushed and tacky.

But one thing bothers me...the difficulty.
When the CPU is on 1 it shouldnt know how to shield or dodge....Yet the CPU on lv 1 knows how to shield, dodge and evade attacks like mad! The difficulty should be toned down a bit on that factor. But the rest of the game is pure awesome.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
hope there is going to be audience cheering the play on like screaming the name

D: maybe you guys should add the voices where it goes
MONSTER KILL
COMBO BREAKER
DOUBLE KILL
AMAZING
that would be epic

lulz more good nostalgic characters surprise me all the time D: i know some good dig dug sprites from mugen if ya need any
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmodevgddhm <--link to the mugen character

Falcon88

Smash Ace
This is very nice, I applaud anyone who has something to do with this. It has very well done features, complete, not rushed and tacky.

But one thing bothers me...the difficulty.
When the CPU is on 1 it shouldnt know how to shield or dodge....Yet the CPU on lv 1 knows how to shield, dodge and evade attacks like mad! The difficulty should be toned down a bit on that factor. But the rest of the game is pure awesome.
Thanks a lot! I have been working on making the AI tougher lately, and I guess I didn't realize the impact the upgrades had on all the levels of difficulty. Don't worry, though, last night I loked into making the difference in difficulty more noticeable. That is, I made the lower levels easier.

Friends keep asking about Donkey Kong. Any chance of him soon?
Yes, as soon as we finish editing sprites. We are going to use King of Swing style, I think. We only lack a few animations.

hope there is going to be audience cheering the play on like screaming the name

D: maybe you guys should add the voices where it goes
MONSTER KILL
COMBO BREAKER
DOUBLE KILL
AMAZING
that would be epic

lulz more good nostalgic characters surprise me all the time D: i know some good dig dug sprites from mugen if ya need any
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmodevgddhm <--link to the mugen character
The main reason we don't have the crowd cheering at the moment is, well... We don't have a crowd to record these voices!

Oh yeah, an announcer to say those voices would be funny. It would be hard to define a Combo Breaker in this game though.

Lol Dig Dug... I think that might be too retro.

Dark knuckles

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot! I have been working on making the AI tougher lately, and I guess I didn't realize the impact the upgrades had on all the levels of difficulty. Don't worry, though, last night I loked into making the difference in difficulty more noticeable. That is, I made the lower levels easier.

Yes, as soon as we finish editing sprites. We are going to use King of Swing style, I think. We only lack a few animations.

The main reason we don't have the crowd cheering at the moment is, well... We don't have a crowd to record these voices!

Oh yeah, an announcer to say those voices would be funny. It would be hard to define a Combo Breaker in this game though.

you mean killer instinct

Mana94

Smash Rookie
Ok then, thanks, good luck with your developing :p
I love how you guys are devoted and work hard on this.
Most devs just ignore what fans say and don't really care
but you guys keep us updated and provide great feedback :D

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice

not that hard if a person has a high kill shriek and another person breaks it its pretty much consider a combo breaker

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
CAm KILL

Though your menu looks good and your Physics are superb, and your roster is huge... Your camera is a game killer. I love the game but for about 2 matches, to avoid my head from exploding or dieing of a seizure. It re focuses every 2 seconds and zooms in and out at such high speeds my brain says overload!!!! FIX NOW PLEASE CAUSE I CANT EVEN ATTEMPT TO PLAY ANY MORE

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
In Smash Bros I'd consider that nearly impossible, though. :) I haven't seen it done - ever.
more like
Amazing = player kill some one once
Double kill = kinda implies what it means without dying of course
Monster Kill = 3 kills without dying
Holy **** = 4 kills/More without dying
Combo breaker = like killing someone in between before they make a 4th kill

thats what i mean by kill shriek

the only problems i see with some stages are that they lack a gimmick i mean like most stages in brawl seem to have an environmental hazard that makes the stage more recognizable from each other

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Though your menu looks good and your Physics are superb, and your roster is huge... Your camera is a game killer. I love the game but for about 2 matches, to avoid my head from exploding or dieing of a seizure. It re focuses every 2 seconds and zooms in and out at such high speeds my brain says overload!!!! FIX NOW PLEASE CAUSE I CANT EVEN ATTEMPT TO PLAY ANY MORE
Fair enough, but the reason the camera isn't any slower (I've tried making it slower before, trust me) is that the game would literally leave the camera behind, especially if we're dealing with Sonic or Mach Rider. If the current camera makes you sick, try pressing F11 or F12 during the game to change the camera's focus. You can make it follow player 1, 2, 3, 4, or all. (Might be shaky on some stages if fixed camera.) In the meantime, I'll look into fixing it, but keep in mind, the camera is the one thing in this game I didn't code.

One thing the might make the game slightly more playable would be reducing the number of attacks the induce screen shake when they hit hard. Would this also help?

more like

I wonder how long it would take for these comments to get annoying during the game. Maybe we'll put it in the April Fools' Edition or something.

the only problems i see with some stages are that they lack a gimmick i mean like most stages in brawl seem to have an environmental hazard that makes the stage more recognizable from each other
At Vegetable Valley, we were planning on having Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine attack the stage as in the Kirby's Adventure boss fight, but we decided to go ahead and show everyone our progress before finishing that. Also, at the new Shadow Moses, the spotlight will find you, and Metal Gear Rex pops up near the end of the match.
To be honest, most of the development team here hates stage gimmicks. I will admit, somehow they are more fun when you've put them in the game yourself. :chuckle: Maybe we should take a look at the current stage hazards:
Green Hill: Chopper (on left side of stage)
Hyrule Castle: Tornado
Saffron City: Pokemon
Onett: Traffic
Vegetable Valley: Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine (in development)

Mana94

Smash Rookie
OMG shadow moses island!
Can you please add the original Peach Castle song from melee to Peach's Castle?

I love stage gimmicks on SOME stages, I hate them when they are on stages like norfair and you have giant tsunami's of lava comming @ you. But the traffic in Onett is always funny when people don't jump in time.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, I have, but I'm a developer, so I'm sure that won't come as a surprise to anyone.

Shadow Moses may be our most active stage yet, though there really aren't any gimmicks. It's an extremely fun stage to play, nonetheless.

Diddy645

Smash Rookie
You should really consider getting a blog. It is hard to follow your updates in a topic this big. You could post major updates on it, etc. I would like to follow the updates on your progress (this game looks interesting).

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
more like

you should implement the combo breaker after the 3rd kill

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried adding their own music in the game yet?
I have added a couple of songs to stages. They play just fine. I added Rock Star from Kirby 64 to Vegetable Valley, for one. Of course, all the songs that are in the game when you download it now are added in the same way you add your own songs. That is - we just put them in the folders for the stages within the music folder.
whats the status on lucario?
Working on sprites, but at the moment we're most active on Krystal, Bowser, Child Link, and Captain Falcon. :)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You should really consider getting a blog. It is hard to follow your updates in a topic this big. You could post major updates on it, etc. I would like to follow the updates on your progress (this game looks interesting).
Well, all major updates are recorded on the OP, and that seems to be working fine for now. We'll see, though, I might look into that. We might eventually have to, though. :)

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Major updates, yeah, but I know that at least I am interested in the small ones (bug fixes, nerfs on attacks, and so on). You should get better at posting them, it makes it easier to find and report bugs for the public.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Tried this for the first time must say this is really good
Anyway the only things i have to say bad about this is scale for some of the characters are really off and the controls are kinda hard to get at first but thats all i got to say

Raptor_Pie

Smash Rookie
Im sorry but you have to be extremely ******** to have put in goku.
your just like every other smash flash/fangame creator.
It looks okay at first but then you have to put in a stupid freaking anime/manga character.
WTF?!???!?!~??!?!?!?!?!???!?!!!?!?!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
if you havent notice Goku is the only anime/manga character pokemon are drawn in that style only then they became an/a anima/manga

>.> besides that

is megaman going to have more abilities besides the 3 he already has
and
are you going to fix the item glitch where you fly of the certain parts of stage and recover but the item is missing

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
did you even read what I wrote
and second dont double post
yes i did and u tell me, whats the difference between my idea and yours, I'll tell you.
You said before they make it to the forth, which means, every time the person dies its gonna say "COMBO BREAKER" as for mine, it would take a while for that person to get 3 kills in a row, so it's not going to say it as often. :) in fact, it's probably not even gonna say it at all. Now you tell me I'm wrong, I DARE YOU!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
yes i did and u tell me, whats the difference between my idea and yours, I'll tell you.
You said before they make it to the forth, which means, every time the person dies its gonna say "COMBO BREAKER" as for mine, it would take a while for that person to get 3 kills in a row, so it's not going to say it as often. :) in fact, it's probably not even gonna say it at all. Now you tell me I'm wrong, I DARE YOU!
yes, you are wrong its kinda obvious by what im implying from my post only you who didnt notice it got it wrong i dont see anyone else saying they misunderstood it at all but you

besides that

we still have to convert music if we are manually putting them in right?

if those voices were added maybe there should be a time interval for the player where they have to get their second/third/fourth kill or it wont say it at all just to lessen the annoyance of the voices and cross out the amazing for the first one and insert first blood for the first person get a kill

Mana94

Smash Rookie
I did do alot actually with the music. It didn't work when I added it so I just deleted the original song and then renamed the song I wanted to use with it's name. And it played and looped just fine.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Im sorry but you have to be extremely ******** to have put in goku.
your just like every other smash flash/fangame creator.
It looks okay at first but then you have to put in a stupid freaking anime/manga character.
WTF?!???!?!~??!?!?!?!?!???!?!!!?!?!
Please. A little fan service never hurt anyone. Play the game, then you tell us if it's ********.

Major updates, yeah, but I know that at least I am interested in the small ones (bug fixes, nerfs on attacks, and so on). You should get better at posting them, it makes it easier to find and report bugs for the public.
My internet connection isn't the best, so I find it to be not worth it to post a very small update, such as the addition of one stage, a small bug fix, etc. The next version will be up within a week, as soon as we complete another character.

Besides, we need to give people time to try the demo so we can have feedback.

If you find it hard to catch up on updates, you're stressing too much. :) I'll give a warning of some kind at least a day before the update. Check the OP and look at the last few posts, and if nothing interesting is up, you haven't missed a demo.

I did do alot actually with the music. It didn't work when I added it so I just deleted the original song and then renamed the song I wanted to use with it's name. And it played and looped just fine.
One problem we've found with the music is that files named with the uppercase .OGG extension don't work. You'll have to make sure they are named with lowercase .ogg. Also, .mp3's, .wav's, etc. will not play. Only .ogg's will work.

Either way, you should not have to delete songs to make it work.

Top Bottom