• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I had some questions, and couldn't find anywhere else to post, so I'll just put them here:
-I have a really old computer that lags on attacks with effects and on stages with moving backgrounds. Could there be an option to turn one of those off?
-I don't understand why zero suit saumus' down b takes her midair jump. Also, are her bair and uair nerfed? I can't even kill mario with those until about +140%. All in all, I find it hard to kill with anything but her sideb.
-It might be my fail, but I play on cpu 2 and they airdodge and shield grab like crazy, which is annoying since I play characters with good aerials. Is there any way to hit more consistently?
-I know you said recoveries would have a boost, but I can't seem to gimp at all. Is this due to everyone having the same airspeed, or recovery move priority or what? The airdodge doesn't help either.

Sorry if I'm complaining too much; I really do love this game. I just can't seem to get over these things.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I had some questions, and couldn't find anywhere else to post, so I'll just put them here:
-I have a really old computer that lags on attacks with effects and on stages with moving backgrounds. Could there be an option to turn one of those off?
-I don't understand why zero suit saumus' down b takes her midair jump. Also, are her bair and uair nerfed? I can't even kill mario with those until about +140%. All in all, I find it hard to kill with anything but her sideb.
-It might be my fail, but I play on cpu 2 and they airdodge and shield grab like crazy, which is annoying since I play characters with good aerials. Is there any way to hit more consistently?
-I know you said recoveries would have a boost, but I can't seem to gimp at all. Is this due to everyone having the same airspeed, or recovery move priority or what? The airdodge doesn't help either.

Sorry if I'm complaining too much; I really do love this game. I just can't seem to get over these things.
Actually, I have recently changed some of the effects from auto-generated particle effects to sprites, and this seems to help a lot, especially on the fire effect. Smart Bombs hitting four players no longers lags my computer! I could make an option to turn them off. Or, if you're interested, I could have a frame rate based system that destroys particles if the frame rate drops below, say 55

Samus's Uair has never been much of a KO move. It's one of her easier attacks to land and is part of a couple of combos Samus can do. Bair, actually, has a sweet-spot at Samus's heel that has more knock-back than her Forward Smash. The sourspot isn't much for power, though. As for Zero Suit's Down B, that is a good point.

I kinda went overboard on the AI this time, and since the last update I have nerfed the level 1, 2, and 3 opponents. They have a lower chance to dodge and to perform the right attack.

The computer players really do a good job of avoiding gimps at the moment, but I might want to make that weaker for the lower level ones. My recommendation for gimping at the moment would be to use only low-risk moves like projectiles and short spikes like Samus's Dair.

Thanks for your feedback. You'll also be happy to know that projectiles actually have shield stun and shield push-back in the development version, so that will make using Samus much easier.

Expected that, Krystal folder was already in fighter folder.
Hey, that's not fair - that was an honest mistake! But seriously, she will be in the next update.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for answering my questions! Just wanted to be clear I was talking about zss (uair, bair, downb) the whole time not samus. Thought you might be confused since you mentioned her 'low risk down air spike'. They both have down air spikes, but zss' is far from low risk. Just making sure! I almost never use regular samus.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Talking about shield updates, could you please make attacks actually reduce opponents shields a lá Marths Shield Breaker? Shields are currently both too big IMO, but also too safe because of the lack of shield pressure.

Good to hear a new demo is coming out soon.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Thanks for answering my questions! Just wanted to be clear I was talking about zss (uair, bair, downb) the whole time not samus. Thought you might be confused since you mentioned her 'low risk down air spike'. They both have down air spikes, but zss' is far from low risk. Just making sure! I almost never use regular samus.
Oh, my bad. I got lost somewhere in there, I guess. I actually took a look at her Bair, and it's a pretty solid KO move, killing in the 110's near the edge of Battlefield. If it's weaker than Brawl's version, it's not by much. I use it to KO sometimes (but not as much as Side B). Uair is indeed slightly weaker than its Brawl counterpart. It also combos into itself easily at mid-low percents, has great range, and is her fastest aerial and her second-fastest normal attack. I don't want to make a huge post, but if you want, I could go into more details about ZSS's changes from Brawl and why I think she's still a good fighter.

Talking about shield updates, could you please make attacks actually reduce opponents shields a lá Marths Shield Breaker? Shields are currently both too big IMO, but also too safe because of the lack of shield pressure.

Good to hear a new demo is coming out soon.
I think you are right. I'll have to increase shield damage and maybe slightly increase shield stun as well.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Oh, my bad. I got lost somewhere in there, I guess. I actually took a look at her Bair, and it's a pretty solid KO move, killing in the 110's near the edge of Battlefield. If it's weaker than Brawl's version, it's not by much. I use it to KO sometimes (but not as much as Side B). Uair is indeed slightly weaker than its Brawl counterpart. It also combos into itself easily at mid-low percents, has great range, and is her fastest aerial and her second-fastest normal attack. I don't want to make a huge post, but if you want, I could go into more details about ZSS's changes from Brawl and why I think she's still a good fighter.
No need, I was mostly just looking for confirmation, thanks!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
that would be epic SSBC needs more bigger stages D: hope megaman stage looks awesome was the the spoiler in the picture earlier?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
The spoiler in the picture earlier was for another stage that we just finished, but I am not supposed to tell. :)

We will be using some 8-bit music and some remixes for the Mega Man stage.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I am all for more stages, but please, give it smaller boundaries! I still can't kill with Rest on most stages until 80-90%.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I am all for more stages, but please, give it smaller boundaries! I still can't kill with Rest on most stages until 80-90%.
Well, if it matters, I did power up Rest a little bit for the next version, and I also gave it Armor Breaking properties. The boundaries for the new stages are pretty comparable to those on Battlefield.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
some people are gonna start thinking i'm ******** for asking but what do u mean?
It means that if this thread is a sticky, this thread will always be near the top of the list and will appear on every page of the Smash Workshop forum. That might happen if the thread is considered to be that important by the mods.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
New Screenshots

Hey guys! I have some screenshots of new menu stuff! Whee. The new title screen is animated (think Brawl's title) with that blue background moving slowly to the left.

New characters!

The background with the characters in the Profiles menu moves to the left and features several other characters.

Notice the new stages! :bee:

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
This demo's looking great! A lot more stages, I see.

Seeing as how the screenshots are up, could the demo possibly be up tomorrow? That's technically next week.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
it will be up when its ready. They probably still have some bugs to work out.......although ;) playing with krystal by tomorrow does sound tempting;)

i see four new stages

and nice copyright :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
hate to be a negative nancy, but is their any chance that your switching Goku's sprites to Jumpl ultimate star sprites? Or Ryu to Namco x Capcom sprites? They are really better :)

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
hate to be a negative nancy, but is their any chance that your switching Goku's sprites to Jumpl ultimate star sprites? Or Ryu to Namco x Capcom sprites? They are really better :)
I guess it's all preference, because I thought that Goku and Ryu were the best looking characters in the game.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Not to seem like an *** or anything but your disclaimer gets kind of loophole-y around "As Phantom7's original ideas"

Falcon88

Smash Ace
This demo's looking great! A lot more stages, I see.

Seeing as how the screenshots are up, could the demo possibly be up tomorrow? That's technically next week.
I think we could, but I need to run it by my testers to see what kind of glitches they can find. That will probably take about a day.

Does this mean that you're about to start the 1p modes, now that you have enough stages and characters? :D
Yes! Most likely we will start on those shortly after this demo is up.

Not to seem like an *** or anything but your disclaimer gets kind of loophole-y around "As Phantom7's original ideas"
Okay, well, how would you have written it?

Top Bottom