• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
geez lower how high fox jumps when he leaves his landmaster surpisingly he always getting killed getting out of bounds often because of it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
We also copied some parts of stages into foregrounds that appear in front of the characters, which means edge grabbing looks much more believable! It turned out to be more difficult that we thought it would be, especially with stages like Asteroid Field, but it's in the game now.

@Slissith: Eventually. We may have some updates soon, but nothing major until we have a few more characters and stages in.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
Ok then, what are you planning to add? Or is it a secret? My guess is a character that didn't appear in any Smash game so far. The stage will be from some smash game though.

Also, what are you going to do with items? I mean the visuals when they're held. You could attach the item to a different area of the character depending on his current image_index.

And finally, will Final Destination change backgrounds? It doesn't have to be Brawl like. The background would change into another one that gives you the impression that you're travelling(moving lines e.c.t), then it would fade to white and then the background would change into the next "area".Take it into consideration.

Oh and good luck, the current demo is a great success, so take your time and don't push yourselfs!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Ok then, what are you planning to add? Or is it a secret? My guess is a character that didn't appear in any Smash game so far. The stage will be from some smash game though.

Also, what are you going to do with items? I mean the visuals when they're held. You could attach the item to a different area of the character depending on his current image_index.

And finally, will Final Destination change backgrounds? It doesn't have to be Brawl like. The background would change into another one that gives you the impression that you're travelling(moving lines e.c.t), then it would fade to white and then the background would change into the next "area".Take it into consideration.

Oh and good luck, the current demo is a great success, so take your time and don't push yourselfs!
Thanks! And you can see one of FD's new backgrounds in the second screen shot above! It currently has three.

As for the items, there's a big issue with that. It would be highly individualized. Every character has a different running animation. Some move their arms, some don't, and the arms are in different places in relation their bodies. Each character would have to have a mother-load of different arrays with item positions for running, standing, jumping, flinching, and attacking. To me this sounds very time consuming.

And yes, there is a brand new character on the way.

I got a request for the game.
I want kakashi in the game I pm you for the spritesheet Falcon88
Um... Okay. We'll see.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Small glitch: Kirby can spit out his opponents through walls. As of now, this is only abusable on Hyrule Temple due to the opponent popping up through the ceiling on the others, but I can imagine that it could become a problem in the future.

You can also dash attack while holding items, which seems odd to me.

EDIT: You can also D-tilt and D-smash while holding items.

bartdude82

Smash Rookie
2 things. (nice game btw!)
1. Are you going to put more Street Fighter characters in there? If so, then i request Cammy(my fave)
2. There's a glitch(or bug whatever) in the saffron city stage where Mario jumped into the building. Normally, u would stop and fall down, but he fell diagonally into the building(i hope that made sense)

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
so what does it matter if your holding an item while doing them i find it more strategics in a new way

Falcon88

Smash Ace
2 things. (nice game btw!)
1. Are you going to put more Street Fighter characters in there? If so, then i request Cammy(my fave)
2. There's a glitch(or bug whatever) in the saffron city stage where Mario jumped into the building. Normally, u would stop and fall down, but he fell diagonally into the building(i hope that made sense)
1. Maybe so! I don't know about Cammy, but I know there will be at least one more Street Fighter character. Cammy is awesome. I main Cammy in Street Fighter 4.

Small glitch: Kirby can spit out his opponents through walls. As of now, this is only abusable on Hyrule Temple due to the opponent popping up through the ceiling on the others, but I can imagine that it could become a problem in the future.

You can also dash attack while holding items, which seems odd to me.

EDIT: You can also D-tilt and D-smash while holding items.
Oh, boy - I tried Kirby's B, and I see your point. That's very bad. I'll fix it. Must have slipped my mind.

so what does it matter if your holding an item while doing them i find it more strategics in a new way
What he said.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If you were too add another MGS character, who would it be?

Raiden would be awesome...
...or, maybe Meryl...
...but Otacon would probably be the most interesting/amusing.

I'd love to see what else could be done with this series to complement Snake.
I think at least one other character and stage would be nice.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
If you were too add another MGS character, who would it be?

Raiden would be awesome...
...or, maybe Meryl...
...but Otacon would probably be the most interesting/amusing.

I'd love to see what else could be done with this series to complement Snake.
I think at least one other character and stage would be nice.
If you build them, they will come...

I would if I could... *sigh*
I think we could work that in. If we were going to add another MGS character (which we are), it would be unlockable, so I can't tell you who it is. :cool:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I did some testing, and the game works fine on Linux with Wine. ^_^

I was using Ubuntu 10.04, so I don't know if any other distros will have issues with it.
Awesome! Glad to hear it. I was sure it wouldn't work, but then again I'm using an older version. Cool.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, would you like to send me the Meta Knight sprites so I can re-pallete them?Also, if you concur, what kind of lineart would you prefer?Black, or dependant to what it surrounds?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
is toon link and young link gonna be in the next demo?
Probably not. If so, it will be one of them or the other, not both.

Hey guys, would you like to send me the Meta Knight sprites so I can re-pallete them?Also, if you concur, what kind of lineart would you prefer? Black, or dependant to what it surrounds?
The Meta Knight sprites can be found in the SSBC\fighter\metaknight folder. I am not sure what you mean about line art. I'd say dependent on what it surrounds, if I understand what you're asking.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Explosions, like Links bombs and exploding capsules, hurt you even when you're supposed to be invincible (right after spawning).

I've also managed to semi-consistently reproduce a glitch at will. Basically, you're stuck at the ledge doing your ledge attack animation, and can't get out. I've done this with Fox and Samus. I suspect it is possible with more characters.

To produce this glitch quite easily, select Samus, drop down below the ledge, Up-B to the ledge while holding towards the ledge+down - this allows for the glitch to happen, somehow. Press B after grabbing the ledge. Done correctly, Samus (and any other character trying this) should be stuck in his/her ledge attack animation.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Explosions, like Links bombs and exploding capsules, hurt you even when you're supposed to be invincible (right after spawning).

I've also managed to semi-consistently reproduce a glitch at will. Basically, you're stuck at the ledge doing your ledge attack animation, and can't get out. I've done this with Fox and Samus. I suspect it is possible with more characters.

To produce this glitch quite easily, select Samus, drop down below the ledge, Up-B to the ledge while holding towards the ledge+down - this allows for the glitch to happen, somehow. Press B after grabbing the ledge. Done correctly, Samus (and any other character trying this) should be stuck in his/her ledge attack animation.
I'm not able to preform that.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

Is it a yes, is it a no?
Tell me, I need to know!
Yes. That looks much more Meta Knight-ish! Please do!

Don't know about the edge glitch, but the explosion thing has just been fixed.

I'm not able to preform that.
Hm. Maybe it depends on your keyboard settings. I've never seen that either. Trying it now...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Okay, no worries. I figured it out. The way it was implemented left a loop-hole where you could start doing a Special Move right at the beginning of your edge climbing animation. To do it, you have to press Left/Right (whichever one is towards the edge), Up or Down, and your special move key all at the same time. The player should start climbing the edge and then loop back to the beginning, as seen in that video.

This glitch is really hard to perform, and I had never seen it before. However, I changed up the way your B moves are triggered so that this won't happen again!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a hard glitch to perform, but very bad! You're stuck in it pretty much forever.

So, I've been on vacation, but I still had time to work in two exciting new features:
- Sound effect panning
The sound effects in matches now pan depending on where they are played on the screen. Fun to listen to with headphones!
- Song name display
At the start of the match, the name of the background music being played is shown at the top left corner of the display. The name shown is simply the file name of the song without the extension.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
there isn't that much to discuss about

besides that

if you keep on pulling out snakes grenades eventually one will get stuck in his hands

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Oh wow. I just found this game today, and I'm shocked I haven't found it earlier. I've just played it 5 hours straight and I already like it more than brawl, perhaps the final product will be better than melee. I've told all my friends about this and they all love it. From the looks of things, you guys are making progress at an incredible rate. Keep up the good work!

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Well thankyou very much Ghost! We do work very hard to make sure this game is 100% perfect for all of the players. And DBlock, the forum is a bit slow because Phantom7 and Falcon88 just got back from vacation.

Top Bottom