• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
If you could had the spriting team or the know how what would Your battle field look like? A ruined temple (a mix between Sky world and ruins or something) or a Techno house? what where you going for
The same goes for FD
We defiinitely wanted a more futuristic theme for FD and Battlefield. I guess a techno house? :) But anyways, I know battlefield needs work, and FD is currently having new backgrounds being drawn.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Some new bugs:

You can grab while holding an item. Is this intentional?

When holding an item and using a Final Smash that transforms/takes your character off-screen you lose the item you're holding. I checked with Snake and Fox only, not with characters such as Sonic, Tails or Megaman.

Also, a glitch that's probably very hard to reproduce: I was playing as Fox and toyed around with the Shine close to the right ledge on Asteroid Fields. Now, I don't know what happened exactly, but I grabbed the ledge, tried to go up and was pushed back to the ledge again, Fox tried to go up but was pushed back, and so on. I couldn't control the character, was invincible the whole time, and didn't occupy the ledge (my opponent could grab the ledge without problems).

Edit: Items disappear if you hold them while off-screen. Also, holding an item as Samus/ZSS and using your FS causes the item to become "attached" to your body, but you can't use it. It disappears from your character when you're off-screen.

MedinasWorks

Smash Rookie
Hey, have you ever planned in making Crusader Cards? You know, to promote your work?
U know, something like this

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
:p
1 when im playing with a person and with team the AI are too focus on player 1 they literally just ignore the existence of player 2 till player 1 is dead D:
2 AI Tail when he uses his final smash on Asteroid field at times he jumps through the platform and falls down in the pit

Anyone experienced being stuck occasionally in crouch at times?
Maybe Link's Final Smash should have that final blow in brawl when the Triforce is broke the shards hit the enemy.
Is there anyway to squeeze in one or two new items in the next update playing with smart bombs are suicidal much D:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
TheOriginalSmasher you are going to get a friend request on brawl. That's me, name's Deion. I will be on at 5:30 PM sometimes and at 10:00 PM -5:00 EST CAN. See whos better with pikachu:bee:

same for u jahkzheng

Sounds cool. Just one problem (or rather many I'm afraid) - my Wii is broken and has been since September (8 months ago). Not only that, but I had been playing B+ in place of vBrawl for the 5 months before it died. So, in other words, its been over a year since I've even played brawl as you know it and I couldn't now if I wanted to.

Also, my Pikachu is somewhere between randomly used and my lowest "secondaries" - probably my 20th most used character, lol. Mind you, this is how it was a year ago. Combine that with the fact that I wasn't very good to begin with and the other previously mentioned extenuating circumstances, and you can imagine how badly your pikachu would own.

Being "Wiiless" is also one of the primary reasons I'm here to check out SSBC. That and the fact that its awesome to play with different characters on my laptop.

Hopefully I'll get my Wii fixed soon though... why I haven't gotten it fixed yet is another long story.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hey, have you ever planned in making Crusader Cards? You know, to promote your work?
U know, something like this
Whoa, that would be sweet. Definitely.

:p
1 when im playing with a person and with team the AI are too focus on player 1 they literally just ignore the existence of player 2 till player 1 is dead D:
2 AI Tail when he uses his final smash on Asteroid field at times he jumps through the platform and falls down in the pit

Anyone experienced being stuck occasionally in crouch at times?
Maybe Link's Final Smash should have that final blow in brawl when the Triforce is broke the shards hit the enemy.
Is there anyway to squeeze in one or two new items in the next update playing with smart bombs are suicidal much D:
The glitch with Tails Final Smash falling though stuff is fixed. FYI it also can happen at Hyrule Castle on the left side.
Uh, what do you mean, the shards hit enemies? Although I agree that the last hit should look cooler, if anything.
We now have Green Shells! They're still in development, sort of, but they will be in next time.

MedinasWorks

Smash Rookie
I don´t know if this has been asked before, but...Is there going to be adventure mode or something like that?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. We plan on having Classic and Adventure. We're most likely going to have Classic Mode first.

It hasn't been that long since we started on the game - like 8 or 9 months. So, we've just been trying to put in lots of characters first. We'll be starting on one player modes soon, though! Our quota is 25 characters and 11 stages.

Maximum Smash

Smash Rookie
Hey, this game is crazy man. More action than SSBB sometimes because there can be like 3 different Final Smashes happening all at once. My favorite character so far is Ryu. This is the only Fan Made Super Smash Bros. game that didn't let me down. I can't wait for the next update. I'm highly looking forward to it.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Hey, this game is crazy man. More action than SSBB sometimes because there can be like 3 different Final Smashes happening all at once. My favorite character so far is Ryu. This is the only Fan Made Super Smash Bros. game that didn't let me down. I can't wait for the next update. I'm highly looking forward to it.
Thanks for the feedback! Don't worry, we will have tons more in store for you! We won't let you down :p

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Sounds cool. Just one problem (or rather many I'm afraid) - my Wii is broken and has been since September (8 months ago). Not only that, but I had been playing B+ in place of vBrawl for the 5 months before it died. So, in other words, its been over a year since I've even played brawl as you know it and I couldn't now if I wanted to.

Also, my Pikachu is somewhere between randomly used and my lowest "secondaries" - probably my 20th most used character, lol. Mind you, this is how it was a year ago. Combine that with the fact that I wasn't very good to begin with and the other previously mentioned extenuating circumstances, and you can imagine how badly your pikachu would own.

Being "Wiiless" is also one of the primary reasons I'm here to check out SSBC. That and the fact that its awesome to play with different characters on my laptop.

Hopefully I'll get my Wii fixed soon though... why I haven't gotten it fixed yet is another long story.
I don't mean using pikachu in particular, i on;y said that cuz The original smasher looks like a pika mainer and i just wanted to see who was better. plus ive gotten board of playing cpus all the time, i added you cuz u had yours up there, and just having only one friend to play with is kinda boring.:laugh: its cool tho

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I don't mean using pikachu in particular, i on;y said that cuz The original smasher looks like a pika mainer and i just wanted to see who was better. plus ive gotten board of playing cpus all the time, i added you cuz u had yours up there, and just having only one friend to play with is kinda boring.:laugh: its cool tho

I have a ton of people on my friends list and 90% of them are thanks to Faux Finder.

Here's a link if you are interested - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208726

Edit: Sorry I can't play currently, but I figured you'd appreciate this.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Okay guys, seriously - this is the SSBC thread. There's a meet and greet board for stuff like this. I hate to be that guy, but I hate getting notifications about posts that aren't related to the game.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
When Samus uses her Bomb at the ground, uses an aerial (this has happened to me twice, both times I've used Nair) that hits an opponent roughly the same time the bomb touches the ground, which also hits the opponent, Samus freezes in her bomb animation. It's possible to hit her out of it, though.

How long would you say it is until the next release? :)

Wiggy

Smash Rookie
Hey, I like the game very much and would like to help with this, I have skills on Game Making using GM7 pro atm and if you are interested please contact me at wiggyohme@hotmail.com :D

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I know you must have millions of character requests, but do you think you could but Sephiroth in there?
Haha We'll see. :) There's still room for requests right now. I think Sephiroth would be fun.

When Samus uses her Bomb at the ground, uses an aerial (this has happened to me twice, both times I've used Nair) that hits an opponent roughly the same time the bomb touches the ground, which also hits the opponent, Samus freezes in her bomb animation. It's possible to hit her out of it, though.

How long would you say it is until the next release? :)
Okay, I will work on that bomb glitch. I have seen it happen recently. I believe the problem lies with Samus getting hit by the bomb during hit lag or during a freeze-frame. Should be easy to fix.

As for the next update, probably in 2-3 weeks.

Hey, I like the game very much and would like to help with this, I have skills on Game Making using GM7 pro atm and if you are interested please contact me at wiggyohme@hotmail.com :D
Okay, well, the game engine is just about finished, just in need of polishing and adding miscellaneous features to be used in 1 player modes. If I have any questions about how to implement something, I'll ask ya!

MedinasWorks

Smash Rookie
Haha We'll see. :) There's still room for requests right now. I think Sephiroth would be fun.
I know this may sound fanboyism: After I played the game and watched the roster, I said, "Hey, they have Goku, the best of the anime. And they also have Ryu, the best of Capcom. So...Why not having a comic character?"
So, that´s my request: the main comic character, Spider-man.
If it´s not possible, there´s no problem. Still, I will be looking forward this game.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I know this may sound fanboyism: After I played the game and watched the roster, I said, "Hey, they have Goku, the best of the anime. And they also have Ryu, the best of Capcom. So...Why not having a comic character?"
So, that´s my request: the main comic character, Spider-man.
If it´s not possible, there´s no problem. Still, I will be looking forward this game.
Interesting. I wouldn't mind having Spider-man in the game.
My character request is two more street fighter characters, Chun-li and Ken/Akuma. It would be cool to have Batman in the game though.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
I congratulate the SSB Crusade development team for it's big and productive efforts. As of now, the game is very entertaining with loads of characters. The gameplay has to be the most notable aspect, as it was wisely invested into a lot. However I have a major complain...I'm unable to do any smashes. When I try, I only manage to do tilts.Do you think it could possible for you guys to make smashes more easy to do?Thanks!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I congratulate the SSB Crusade development team for it's big and productive efforts. As of now, the game is very entertaining with loads of characters. The gameplay has to be the most notable aspect, as it was wisely invested into a lot. However I have a major complain...I'm unable to do any smashes. When I try, I only manage to do tilts.Do you think it could possible for you guys to make smashes more easy to do?Thanks!
I had this problem to.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Do you have your key bindings set up in the Settings Menu? There is a thing you can assign called Smash Attack. It is just a seprete button that does your FSmash, or, if your holding up, it does an USmash, same thing with down.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman

Here's the PNG file it has inverted colors for luigi. i would've made the zone inverted too, but it looked really crappy. i'm gonna leave that part up to you if u choose to change luigis FS

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Go to Options, then Control Setup. Towards the end it will ask you what key to use for Smash Attacks. There ya go!

Interesting. I wouldn't mind having Spider-man in the game.
My character request is two more street fighter characters, Chun-li and Ken/Akuma. It would be cool to have Batman in the game though.
Wow. Lots of requests in one post. o_O I can promis you at least one of those characters will be in, but honestly I am not sure which one yet. :dizzy:

Here's the PNG file it has inverted colors for luigi. i would've made the zone inverted too, but it looked really crappy. i'm gonna leave that part up to you if u choose to change luigis FS
Coolness. At the moment, it looks like we aren't changing it, but there is a possibility that this move will be in the game. A very distant possibility.

mariokirbyssbb

Smash Rookie
I also have a request for character. Could luffy from One piece be sent in? he does have games and you could borrow a moveset from the GBA game. and people please don't flame me about the whole anime thing.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
Go to Options, then Control Setup. Towards the end it will ask you what key to use for Smash Attacks. There ya go!
Yes, however when I set the smash attacks in the key as normal attacks, only smashes were possible, while in SSB games both can be done from the same button.

Smash:Directional button and attack button.
Tilt:Directional buton already being pressed, and attack button.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yes, however when I set the smash attacks in the key as normal attacks, only smashes were possible, while in SSB games both can be done from the same button.

Smash:Directional button and attack button.
Tilt:Directional buton already being pressed, and attack button.
Yes, both ARE possible in this game. Just don't set the standard attack button and the Smash button to the same key and make sure A smashing is enabled.

Okay, just to make this absolutely clear, here's how it should work.

A Smashing
If you have A Smashing enabled, you may do Smash Attacks by pressing your standard attack key and a direction together. You may also perform Smash Attacks with the Smash key.

No A Smashing

If you have A Smashing disabled, you may only perform Smash Attacks with your Smash key. You cannot do them with the A key. If you use your A key, you'll only do tilts.

In either case, you may NOT have your standard attack and Smash key set to the same key. Think of the Smash key like your C-Stick, but without directions.

Hope that helps.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
Well it does!The smashes are done exactly as they should.

I have 3 questions though.

When someone rolls forward shouldn't he change direction?

Your rolling is faster than Brawl's.Are you going to change it?

Powersheilding multihit moves leaves you helpless.Is it going to be changed?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yes, I suppose.
Your rolling is faster than Brawl's.Are you going to change it?
Maybe. I think we may do it differently for each character.
Powersheilding multihit moves leaves you helpless.Is it going to be changed?
Theoretically it doesn't. It gives you brief invulnerability and no hit lag, so you might hit back. It requires really good reaction time. :)

Zebia

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure that it would be very convenient to do that. Really it'd only be good if you were to roll behind someone, but if you rolled and ended up in front of them you'd have your back turned to your opponent.

Top Bottom