• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Thanks! If you want to use a joystick or game pad, you might wanna try this software: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey English Version.htm

It's called JoyToKey - it maps your keyboard keys to game pad buttons.

The game's laggy? Huh. I'll try to streamline it a bit. (Of course I'm always trying to do that.)

Cool. I was hoping there was a program like that out there. I'll have to get it after I update to the newer version of SSBC.

Btw, I'm very curious as to how you're going to do Falcon's Final Smash... assuming that it's still going to be Blue Falcon.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Is Jigglypuffs Final Smash meant to be an edgeguarding tool? If you use it close to the edge after throwing someone like, say Fox or Link outside the stage, they have zero chances to get back because you're not taking any damage and they can't attack through you. Also, for some reason it is possible to glide through - Knuckles got back easily when I did the same to him.
Other than that, Jiggs is pretty fine. Rest feels a bit underpowered, but I guess it's because of how large the stages are in general.

I also love the changes to Link. His Side-B now has a lot more uses. Great job on that one!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Cool. I was hoping there was a program like that out there. I'll have to get it after I update to the newer version of SSBC.

Btw, I'm very curious as to how you're going to do Falcon's Final Smash... assuming that it's still going to be Blue Falcon.
Yeah, there will be Blue Falcon. We'll have a sort of cut scene like in Brawl if possible. :) Shouldn't be that hard.

Is Jigglypuffs Final Smash meant to be an edgeguarding tool? If you use it close to the edge after throwing someone like, say Fox or Link outside the stage, they have zero chances to get back because you're not taking any damage and they can't attack through you. Also, for some reason it is possible to glide through - Knuckles got back easily when I did the same to him.
Other than that, Jiggs is pretty fine. Rest feels a bit underpowered, but I guess it's because of how large the stages are in general.

I also love the changes to Link. His Side-B now has a lot more uses. Great job on that one!
Yep, Link's Side B is pretty hard to predict! Just FYI, the moves are Ending Blow (neutral), Helm Splitter (side), Great Spin (up), and Back Slice (down).

I might have to do something about the gliding...

However, Jiggs's Final Smash is different now already :p so we'll see how you guys like it. Now, she grows really fast and suddenly, hitting enemies when she reaches full size. However, she doesn't get quite as big as before.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so thats how you use link side special i was wondering how he does it differently everytime i use it geez

:p i still say some of the single hitter final smashes need some work like link's final smash in brawl after he breaks the Tri-Force when he is done attacking them the shards of the final smash usually fly out and hit the other opponents

because usually the final smashes are about to hit multiple opponents when use making them a lot more balance then just hitting one person

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
When using Kirbys...yoyo attack? (Gained by Swallowing Jigglypuff) and grabbing the edge straight out of the move, the sound that the attack makes (which in itself is annoying, consider a change) loops for the rest of the match. Very frustrating.

Also, how come Luigi almost never uses his Side-B for recovery, but frequently his Down-B, which doesn't give him nearly as much momentum?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
When using Kirbys...yoyo attack? (Gained by Swallowing Jigglypuff) and grabbing the edge straight out of the move, the sound that the attack makes (which in itself is annoying, consider a change) loops for the rest of the match. Very frustrating.

Also, how come Luigi almost never uses his Side-B for recovery, but frequently his Down-B, which doesn't give him nearly as much momentum?
Okay, I'll fix the sound effect problem. For now, just hit Kirby with any attack to stop the looping sound. Have you ever played Kirby? It's the Wheel ability.

Luigi's Down B does slow his falling speed and gives him more momentum than just plain falling. Although I agree it should use Side B more often.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Hey Falcon... Can you PLEASE put 2 Tales of Symphonia Characters in? I even have sprites for them.. >.> I mean IT WAS the number one selling RPG on the Gamecube..

It would make me love you long time. And I would never stop playing this. Evar.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Lol You just made my day (My favorite is lloyd). Im honestly Thinking Zelos/Kratos. Since they both play super important parts in the story and have a fun moveset possibility. Id naturally say Colette since, You know shes the main female character; but theres not much room for fun there. And Maybe since Zelos and Kratos are practically the same, Do you think its possible to do the Ryu/Dark Ryu thing? My Friend Really like Zelos.. and he'd be disappointed.. But he'd understand.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/tow3/totw3_zelos.png
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/tow3/sheet/14285
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/tow3/sheet/14283

And ew. I hate Emil with a burning passion.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I like the idea of having in Kratos. Thanks for the links. I don't know about switching characters - if Zelos and him aren't the same character, probably not.

borack6

Smash Cadet
If Zelos/Kratos were to be included Kratos should have Judgement as his FS while Zelos should have... well something awesome, because he is awesome.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
If Zelos/Kratos were to be included Kratos should have Judgement as his FS while Zelos should have... well something awesome, because he is awesome.
Actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CryYzOK_Jhc

And lets not forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZ2JTUGxm8&feature=related

And then for Kratos theres:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-S0oGtIN0&feature=related

SO YEAH! I see plenty of possibilities.

And OMG if the cut outs were in Crusade it would just be epicsaurs. ._.

Nintegacom

Smash Rookie
I loved the game while I was making my own Smash Bros game after well one problem I can't make an engine for damage physics from how far I can be thrown comes in contact with a move.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
for Sonic's Green Hill Zone can add this to the music list?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbqwB1xJVdQ&feature=related
Possibly will be in the game, but not at the Green Hill stage.

I loved the game while I was making my own Smash Bros game after well one problem I can't make an engine for damage physics from how far I can be thrown comes in contact with a move.
Well, it's pretty simple actually. Moves knock you back a set amount, no matter what your damage is, plus your damage times the knockback growth of the move.
speed = base knockback + knockback growth * damage/100
Moves can hit in any direction, from 0 to 359 degrees. The average launch angle on a horizontal move in SSBC is 25, and for vertical it's about 75.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Possibly will be in the game, but not at the Green Hill stage.

Well, it's pretty simple actually. Moves knock you back a set amount, no matter what your damage is, plus your damage times the knockback growth of the move.
speed = base knockback + knockback growth * damage/100
Moves can hit in any direction, from 0 to 359 degrees. The average launch angle on a horizontal move in SSBC is 25, and for vertical it's about 75.
Yeah... What he said....

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
i see that we can use A and B at the menus now.
but i think you should do that to the results screen as well.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Also, there needs to be another way of ending a fight than quitting the game and restarting it (other than finishing the fight, of course, but if you choose 50-stock then that's not as handy).

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Whoops. Thanks, haha. Maybe write it in one of the bottom corners when the game is paused?

I'd also like to add that I'm a huge fan of your project. Is there any way I could help contributing to this project, except for playtesting and reporting what I find?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Wow, your Temple looks amazing! Seriously! Best sprite stage I've seen, pretty much ever!

Uhhh... At the moment, we're trying to figure out what kind of Mega Man stage to include in the game. Got any ideas?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hire? Haha I don't know if anyone's getting paid.

Helicarrier does seem like a great stage though. And that music is awesome. We're only going to have a max of 5 songs there, by the way.

And also - work has begun on Peach! <3

Top Bottom