• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DMN

Smash Cadet
I only clicked here to watch that funny YTP on your fav

Oh also to many fan-games.
Oh also lots of crappy style clash sprites,Not good at all.The best i seen so far is still SSF2 and most of the sprites you use are rejects from there.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Do you need a voice for Mega Man X? I can get you his voice from X5, if you want (in addition to a couple of SFX from there).
If you're going to give him Mega Man moves though, I seriously still suggest ditching the MMZ-styled X sprite. That, and you could get Mega Man's MM2: The Power Fighters voice.
Thanks, I really do want them. Where can I get them?

Oh also lots of crappy style clash sprites,Not good at all.The best i seen so far is still SSF2 and most of the sprites you use are rejects from there.
Oh also
Oh also
Oh also thanks for the help. Have you tried playing the game?

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice

quality gameplay > quality sprites

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Hello fans of SSBC,

I just registered and I have a few things to say about the game.....actually, a lot of things, and a few suggestions. Firstly, I'd like to thank and congratulate Falcon88 and the whole SSBC team for a job well done so far and the game and to encourage them to do continue to make the game better. The choice of sprites was really good, especially Goku's and Sonic's.......well, mainly just Goku's. The transitions from kaioken to super saiyan must have taken a long time to do. The gameplay is good too. The feel for the movement is like brawl. The attack sprites were really good too, but there's is one thing wrong, some attacks (like pikachu's D-Special) are suppose to end when they collide with platforms. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love having the ability to attack my opponent from under a platform, but it's not realistic. Now, the charged and collision sprites, AMAZING WORK :D. You said in your previous posts that it took you hours to do, well they were worth it. But, there's something else, your in SSF2 how they have the jumping and up button synced and the standard and smash attacks synced, you should do that. The controls that I have for my keyboard, the jump and up button are the same button, that removes the ability for to use the up smash. I'm not used to have the jump and up button separate. But, overall O give this game a
9.5 out of 10.

I hope you take this into account and keep up the good work. :D :D :D :D :D

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Hello fans of SSBC,

I just registered and I have a few things to say about the game.....actually, a lot of things, and a few suggestions. Firstly, I'd like to thank and congratulate Falcon88 and the whole SSBC team for a job well done so far and the game and to encourage them to do continue to make the game better. The choice of sprites was really good, especially Goku's and Sonic's.......well, mainly just Goku's. The transitions from kaioken to super saiyan must have taken a long time to do. The gameplay is good too. The feel for the movement is like brawl. The attack sprites were really good too, but there's is one thing wrong, some attacks (like pikachu's D-Special) are suppose to end when they collide with platforms. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love having the ability to attack my opponent from under a platform, but it's not realistic. Now, the charged and collision sprites, AMAZING WORK :D. You said in your previous posts that it took you hours to do, well they were worth it. But, there's something else, your in SSF2 how they have the jumping and up button synced and the standard and smash attacks synced, you should do that. The controls that I have for my keyboard, the jump and up button are the same button, that removes the ability for to use the up smash. I'm not used to have the jump and up button separate. But, overall O give this game a
9.5 out of 10.

I hope you take this into account and keep up the good work. :D :D :D :D :D
Sry for the long post its my first one so i thought "might aswell make it a big one" :chuckle:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Tell this to Smash Flash >:U this is why there **** is never gonna be done!

Oh no i will
*Sees Game Maker*
I.......oh........i.... gotta go.
Heh. Game Maker is good, actually. You have not tried playing yet? That's a shame! Everyone should play this game!! 'Specially if you like Smash Bros.

what for? what I do wrong?

oh nvm i see
Hey, thanks a lot for the review! I'm glad you like the game - and I think I have a solution to the jumping problem, but it will take some clever coding to implement it without breaking the game. :ohwell: I'll work on it.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
actually it is possible to use to use up smash while setting the jump and up button the same but its just a pain :p

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Wow...

Last time I checked this thread - over a year ago - there were only character requests and no game.
Some people even thought that this game wasn't going to happen, and Smash Flash was just becoming popular.
Back then, I had played my fill of Smash Flash - unfortunately, not much - and wondered what this project was about.
Was it going to be the same thing but with different characters?
A project that got a late start and would always be playing catch-up to Smash Flash?
Or... was it going to be a completely different take on the concept and maybe become a game that actually felt like Smash Bros?
Fortunately, it appears to be the latter.

Everyone on this thread seems pretty impressed, and I look forward to seeing how the game feels.
I get the feeling its gonna feel pretty good...

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Wow...

Last time I checked this thread - over a year ago - there were only character requests and no game.
Some people even thought that this game wasn't going to happen, and Smash Flash was just becoming popular.
Back then, I had played my fill of Smash Flash - unfortunately, not much - and wondered what this project was about.
Was it going to be the same thing but with different characters?
A project that got a late start and would always be playing catch-up to Smash Flash?
Or... was it going to be a completely different take on the concept and maybe become a game that actually felt like Smash Bros?
Fortunately, it appears to be the latter.

Everyone on this thread seems pretty impressed, and I look forward to seeing how the game feels.
I get the feeling its gonna feel pretty good...
You should defidently try it out! It is well worth the time!

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
really worth the time! :D

oh and about the up and jump problem maybe you should make them do a little crouch first before jumping thus giving us a little time to use the up smash.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
I hope there's a new character. it's probably jigglypuff. :)

:confused: wonder what his/her final smash will be?

and speaking of final smashes. (sry u don't have to if u don't want to) can u change luigi's FS?
Luigi is one of my fav character and his final smash was one of the things that got me to use him even more brawl than i did in SSB/SSBM. can u change it to negative zone and not leave it as ice and fire shooter w/e it is?

Again u don't have to if u don't want to

MedinasWorks

Smash Rookie
What an amazing game!
I joined here because of this game, and honestly, after downloading it, I realized how well you can make a game if you propose it. The roster, the engine, the image, everything is just perfect. I´ll be looking forward to this game. Congratulations, people.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
What an amazing game!
I joined here because of this game, and honestly, after downloading it, I realized how well you can make a game if you propose it. The roster, the engine, the image, everything is just perfect. I´ll be looking forward to this game. Congratulations, people.
Well thankyou very much for the positive feedback!!!

And don't worry, we have tons more in store.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
depends on what happens in the demo from what i heard new versions are release depending on how many glitches are found in a demo they want each version to be glitch free as possible

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry for the delay - it's just I have found a bug with Time matches that needs to be fixed. This was really unexpected. Hopefully I can fix it in time to start uploading by tomorrow. :(

Top Bottom