• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Holy **** how did I forget Mario Party, Pokemon Stadium, and Kirby?

Also we're both forgetting Mario Kart 64, which seems like a no-brainer.
You also might want Mario Golf and Mario Tennis.

Diddy Kong Racing is also Nintendo owned but they might need to retcon Banjo and Conker out of it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nope, this thing has happened before and people refuse to learn.
So when is Sora coming, Arigarmy?

Well, that's why he deleted his tweet, i think.
Don't @ me pls
I think it's a less risky guess that he probably misread the air and deleted it (too late) because he realized it could come across as if he meant Sora was in Smash when in reality he probably meant he wanted him in Smash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That was one of the reasons people thought the ESRB leak was fake, tho.
It's only at a slight angle and it's still clear enough to make everything out, and that was the photo a tiny 3DS screen. It's still a huge step up from most fake """leaks""" that feel the need to employ those tactics.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I've always been disappointed with how low support for Crono is in the Smash community. Chrono Trigger is THE RPG and you always see it in those "best games of all time" lists and whatnot. I blame Square for letting it rot alongside interest in the franchise when they could have at least tried to do something with it, instead all it ever got were PS1 and DS ports.
I'd kill for a CT sequel.

Also, if nothing else, at least get some music fron the game in Smash, Mash Potato Man, I mean
Listen to this ****. This is the main theme, aja the first music you hear when you boot uo the game and it only gets better from there. No series in Smash has music nearly as godly as this. You know how ****ing hype it is when this starts playing during the final battle? Because if you don't you need to stop wasting your time and play Chrono Trigger right now.

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong Racing is also Nintendo owned but they might need to retcon Banjo and Conker out of it.
See, that's the issue. I'd love to put Diddy Kong Racing in there, but I've no idea if they'd be able to without Rare's OK. That's why I didn't mention it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

1. Super Mario 64
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. StarFox 64
5. Kirby and the Crystal Shards
6. Pokemon Stadium
7. F-Zero X
8. Wave Racer 64
9. 1080 Snowboard Racing
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. Dr. Mario 64 (underrated classic imo)
12. Pokemon Snap
13. Mario Party 2
14. Bomberman 64
15. unironically buck bumble **** you

Well that was easy @Tougon

>forgetting NDA
hold on fam, let me get this mirror for you.
Where's Smash 64?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This N64 Classic talk reminds me of the Masterpieces.

Do you think that Gamecube-era masterpieces will take fruit in this installment? Does the advanced capabilities of the Joycon mean we'll get a Wii Fit masterpiece of doing yoga

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sora?

Alright, fam, I mean it's not Goku (impossible) but it ain't gonna happen.

I mean you're better off with Banjo or Ohla then basically anime mickey mouse (His design was inspired by Mickey and he literally has the icon as a keychain on the Kingdom Keyblade)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I think it's a less risky guess that he probably misread the air and deleted it (too late) because he realized it could come across as if he meant Sora was in Smash when in reality he probably meant he wanted him in Smash.
That's fair enough
Have you literally never learned about a digital footprint
It doesn't matter if you delete the Tweet or not, it's still there, already captured for all to see.
That's why we can see it after all.
@ing you because wario guy dude did the same shenanigans with ashley and look where we are
Okay you two win
I'm bad at speculating and predicting so uh, let's just pretend none of this happened...
Sora in Smash? This isn't real, right?
I'd like it to be because if Sora is in Smash, then (((The Mouse))) is also in Smash by default.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, I've always been disappointed with how low support for Crono is in the Smash community. Chrono Trigger is THE RPG and you always see it in those "best games of all time" lists and whatnot. I blame Square for letting it rot alongside interest in the franchise when they could have at least tried to do something with it, instead all it ever got were PS1 and DS ports.

Also, if nothing else, at least get some music fron the game in Smash, Mash Potato Man, I mean
Listen to this ****. This is the main theme, aja the first music you hear when you boot uo the game and it only gets better from there. No series in Smash has music nearly as godly as this. You know how ****ing hype it is when this starts playing during the final battle? Because if you don't you need to stop wasting your time and play Chrono Trigger right now.
Chrono Trigger... Dragon Quest...
Either way, I just wanna see one of Toriyama's sameface characters in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
See, that's the issue. I'd love to put Diddy Kong Racing in there, but I've no idea if they'd be able to without Rare's OK. That's why I didn't mention it.
Hey man, one company's trash is another company's rerelease treasure or something like that.

D

Deleted member

At least with Geno, we have direct quotes from Sakurai saying that he's wanted to include the character since Brawl.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

That's more than what we have to go on for most characters.
Don't forget the separate splash screen he got when he was revealed as a Mii Costume, which literally no other Mii Costume had. Sakurai knows about Geno. This has been going on for a long time, and I just can't see the Square Enix rep not being Geno. History is just building up to a climax, it seems.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pffft, get the realest woman to represent Square.
I honestly wouldn't mind it. Which pure gal would come out on top, Cooking Mama or Isabelle.

A little :ultbayonetta:/:ultzelda: and a dab of :ultlink:
This moveset's great. Also, I partially hope the next announcements has more people he didn't see coming, so they can be drawn in his style.

F-Zero X, perhaps? DK 64 also seems possible seeing as how they re-released in on Wii U VC. But dang, trying to come up with a good 15 games without Rare is hard. Superman 64 should be in easy.
Seeing as Treasure isn't doing much nowadays, they could easily toss in Mischief Makers, S&P and maybe even Bangai-O, if they can retrieve the glorious translation from the Dreamcast port.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It does get me wondering if Nintendo would be able to get 15 or 20 major titles without Rare involved, given that third party support for the N64 was quite low. Smash, Mario 64, the two Zeldas, and Star Fox 64 are obvious, but without Rare, what other major games could they include?

Other games that come to mind are DK64, Kirby 64, F-Zero X, and one of the Mario Parties, likely 2 or 3.
Only Rare games I have for my N64 are Diddy Kong Racing and Goldeneye and even without them, I still think I'd have a good library of games to choose from whenever I go to play the 64.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This N64 Classic talk reminds me of the Masterpieces.

Do you think that Gamecube-era masterpieces will take fruit in this installment? Does the advanced capabilities of the Joycon mean we'll get a Wii Fit masterpiece of doing yoga
Weren't Masterpieces previously used as advertisements for the Virtual Console? I wonder if they'll even be returning this game.

The wishful thinker inside of me hopes that they announce the new Virtual Console replacement alongside the announcement of Masterpieces, but I don't really think that'll happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Don't forget the separate splash screen he got when he was revealed as a Mii Costume, which literally no other Mii Costume had. Sakurai knows about Geno. This has been going on for a long time, and I just can't see the Square Enix rep not being Geno. History is just building up to a climax, it seems.
Here's a chart. You can check off Miss Pupper :3

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tots stop it you're giving me too much hope. It's just gonna be the damn, Slime from DQ or something.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I love me some Diddy Kong Racing. If I knew 100% that I could list it, I certainly would've.
It would be a very interesting case. The IP is owned by Nintendo but Microsoft would need to be ok with the use of Banjo and Conker.

It's...possible. I wouldn't rule it out. I wouldn't expect it either, though.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Regardless of Twitter stuff and leaks, i would LOVE for Sora to be in Smash, because if he's in, then Mickey Mouse could also have a chance of being added.

Starbound

If it doesn't happen, Diddy Kong Racing will be the Chrono Trigger of the N64 Classic.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman

For me, CT is in that rare tier of "I liked this pretty well, but boy is it overrated."

Also, I'm sure some will dispute what "THE RPG" is, if any.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom