• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of the Refinery on 12th and Dufferin. It depends on how many people were going to come to this smash fest. I think it costs something like $60-100 to rent it for a day it depends on how much space we need. Emailing them now.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Connor, if we want to do this tournament style, I can help forward some of the rental fee. That way it'll be safer for you if not enough people show up to pay the venue fee.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
I looked at it the other day, looks like a good place. The Cosmo Centre is an option too, depending on whichever is cheaper. I could help pay a little bit too.

Edit: I mean the Cosmopolitan Seniors Centre not the Civic Centre. It's on 11th in between Broadway and Dufferin.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I've given the refinery all the details and they will be giving us some options by tomorrow. It will likely be during the last week of April noon-6pm. If people are still wired for smashing after that my house is always open :)

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
Alright everyone I have the details!
April 27 (wednesday)
609 Dufferin Avenue (The Refinery) downstairs. It's right by Saint James Church on 12th.
Show up at around noon and we can stay till around 6pm
If you guys have any last minute questions or can't find the place call my cell- 306-717-4883
I have 2 TV's and 1 Wii(with brawl, brawl +, melee and 64). Post what you can bring!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Alright everyone I have the details!
April 27 (wednesday)
609 Dufferin Avenue (The Refinery) downstairs. It's right by Saint James Church on 12th.
Show up at around noon and we can stay till around 6pm
If you guys have any last minute questions or can't find the place call my cell- 306-717-4883
I have 2 TV's and 1 Wii(with brawl, brawl +, melee and 64). Post what you can bring!
Umm... why is it on a Wednesday? >_>

I can't go then I have work.. :glare:

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
If it's on Wednesday we don't have to pay because I know someone at the Refinery who works that day and it would be considered a "youth gathering" and we wouldn't have to pay rent. I work 4-9 Friday, Saturday and Sunday so if it was on a weekend my house wouldn't really work :/ does anyone else have any ideas for a better date/location?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
That works for me but it would be good to get blunted down here. It basically boils down to is having him come worth paying the money? Seriously though we can probably find a date that works for everyone? How much is it just so we can know if we aren't going there on a Wednesday? Also I can bring: One of each of the consoles and games (wii, gc, 64, brawl, melee, 64) and maybe a tv if we really need. It's really big and heavy though. I will bring myself and a friend. I might bring another guy but he will just watch. Sounds good?

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
They never did get back to me about how much it would cost if it was on a weekend. Is there any way it could be hosted somewhere at the university during a time blunted could come? Rob, you said something about getting in trouble for doing that?

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
The Regina crowd was into smash like 3 years ago and would come up to play. We haven't played them since then so it's possible they've gotten better XD
Either way you should bring them to Saskatoon. I think it would work better if you guys (smashers from Regina) settle on a date that you could come here and then we (Saskatoon smashers) can find a place to make it happen.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So is this the Sask thread?

AB is thinking about holding a multigame tournament that will include smash. There will be a $200 starter pot with pay outs all the way to 5th place. There seems to be interest from BC, and I am asking the EC guys as well. The tournament will be on the weekend of June 18th.

A thread will be up fairly soon, but I am scoping out the interest right now.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
The Regina crowd was into smash like 3 years ago and would come up to play. We haven't played them since then so it's possible they've gotten better XD
Either way you should bring them to Saskatoon. I think it would work better if you guys (smashers from Regina) settle on a date that you could come here and then we (Saskatoon smashers) can find a place to make it happen.
I recently talked to Sean and he said there's no way they would come up here, mainly because we've never gone there, so I doubt they'd come.
Also, there's no way the best player is from Regina. No way at all. The best player's in Saskatchewan live in my house, Connor's house and Australia.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
So is this the Sask thread?

AB is thinking about holding a multigame tournament that will include smash. There will be a $200 starter pot with pay outs all the way to 5th place. There seems to be interest from BC, and I am asking the EC guys as well. The tournament will be on the weekend of June 18th.

A thread will be up fairly soon, but I am scoping out the interest right now.
Well I'm interested and maybe I get can others interested in coming as well...

I recently talked to Sean and he said there's no way they would come up here, mainly because we've never gone there, so I doubt they'd come.
Also, there's no way the best player is from Regina. No way at all. The best player's in Saskatchewan live in my house, Connor's house and Australia.
Yea Sean told me about that yesterday when I went to his place.. haha Anyways I'm still up for coming next weekend or any weekend after that.. =)

I will be the judge of who is the best player in Saskatchewan when I play all of you guys! ;)

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
SC2 AND MELEE!?!?!? I'm going. Blunted if you wanna come up and chill/ play smash this weekend I'm down. I might be able to get saturday off work but I can 99% get sunday off.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Just so you guys know there's a melee tourney on may 7th in edmonton and we'd like you guys to come. it will also have a ton of other games including starcraft 2, halo, etc. i'd like to see all of you guys there, including eric. :)

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, are we still doing something at the Refinery this week?
Yes the event at the refinery is still happening. I have a handful of people confirmed but I'd like to see lots of people show up. Don't forget to bring setups/tv's if you have them!

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'm in, too. I can't bring a TV, so it probably wouldn't be useful if I brought a Wii, right?

Either way, I haven't played Smash in a very long time, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

Who's confirmed?

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
I'll come. And yeah, I can catch some serious *** for some reason if I hold it at the university without booking a room or something. I can bring Melee, Brawl, 64, and a GCN memory card with a Wii. TV not so much.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I can bring 2 nice tv's and one super small one but only have 1 setup so bringing them would help

Top Bottom