• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. -- > Pokemon Sets

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It's over 500?!?!?!

There's no WAY that can be right!!!!

Max is 255 for one stat (although the most anyone ever uses is 252)

Rollout would probably also be more fitting for the last move imo
I...think the set was for the lawlz, which it definitely made me do. I mean seriously...speed boost, choice scarf, and a speed that reaches a max of 658 when under normal EV ruling, PLUS extremespeed? How much more obvious could it get? :laugh:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I...think the set was for the lawlz, which it definitely made me do. I mean seriously...speed boost, choice scarf, and a speed that reaches a max of 658 when under normal EV ruling, PLUS extremespeed? How much more obvious could it get? :laugh:
Yeah, I agree. :)

My comment was also kind of for the lawlz as well. In case you missed it, it's a reference to the "over 9000" video.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Ground/Normal

Sonic the Hedgehog @ ...??

Sassy/Quick feet
252 Spe, 252 Def, 4HP

Aerial Ace
Rollout
Rapid Spin
Bounce

HP - 100
Atk - 95
Def - 65
SpA - 40
SpD - 110
Spe - 160

Maybe throw a pointless Agility in there for the lulz? xD
Super Power?
Mega Punch?
Hi Jump Kick? (bair)
Extreme Speed?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The way I see it, a person's Special Attack is how good their grabs, aerials and Specials are, while their Physical Attack is the strength of their A attacks. Speed is, of course, speed, and Hp is of course, Hp. Defense is knock back resistance. Special Defense would be recovery ability. With that in mind,

Name: Ganondorf
Tierlist Number: 37
Ability: Pure Power
Gender Ratio: Male 100%
Classificaton: King of Evil
Type 1: Dark
Type 2: Fighting
Height: Very Tall
Weight: Obese
Evolutionary Chain: Ganondorf -> Ganon
Wild Hold Item: Dusk Stone
Base Experience: 1,250,000 Slow
Base Hapiness: 0
Color Category: Black
Pokedex Text: The bearer of the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf has been bested many times in the past, but will continue to battle Link and Zelda for control of Hyrule.
Effort Points from Battling it: 20 Attack
Egg Group: HumanShape
Base Stats: HP:60 Attack:200 Defense:30 Special Attack:100 Special Defense:1Speed 1
Recommended Moveset:CloseCombat, Sword Dance, Mega Kick, Focus Punch
Recommended Evs: 4HP, 252Attack, 124Defense, 124Special Defense
Recommended Hold Item: Muscle Band
Recommended Nature: Adamant
Other Moves: Beat Up, Pay Back, Punishment, SuckerPunch, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Thunder Punch, Arm Thrust, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Cross Chop, Double Kick, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Force Palm, Hammer Arm, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Smash, Rolling Kick, Seismic Toss, Sky UpperCut, Submission, Super Power, Tripple Kick, Vital Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Fire Punch, Bounce, Astonish, Shadow Claw, Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Fissure, Magnitude, Ice Punch, Barrage, Belly Drum, Body Slam, Comet Punch, Crush Claw, Crush Grip, Dissy Punch, Double Hit, Double Edge, Double Slap, Facade, Frustration, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Mega Punch, Pound, Rage, Rock Climb, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Slam, Stomp, Strength, Tackle, Take Down, Thrash, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt, HeadSmash, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Wrecker, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Crabhammer.

:flame:
I feel I do Ganondorf more Justice than the earlier poster did. He may suck in Brawl, but he is the king of evil, and he is a beast in all other games he is in.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Grass/Steel
HP: 45
Atk: 100
Def: 100
SpA: 70
SpD: 135
Spe: 90

Olimar @Heat Rock
252HP 83Attk 110Def 65SpD (I'm no good at EV stuff, but something tanky)
Careful / Flower Gift
-Sunny Day
-Morning sun (Or Synthesis I guess, they're the same)
-Will-O-Wisp (Red Pikmin) /Thunderwave (Yellow Pikmin) /Toxic (White Pikmin)
-Seed Bomb (Throwing Pikmin)/Iron Head (Jab? IDK, lol)

Like the use of Flower Gift?
lol i was getting creative.

No pluck? It's the first attack I thought of.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Steel/Normal

HP: 71
Attack: 110
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 90
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 90

Marth @ Scope Lens
252 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 4 Def
Serious / Pressure
-Slash
-Night Slash
-Spacial Rend
-Hidden Power [Fight]

Other moves:
Cut
Air Cutter
Psycho Cut
Calm Mind
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Air Slash
Feint Attack
Aerial Ace
Agility
Fury Cutter
Slash
Extremespeed
Counter

:/

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I would think his defense would be low, considering his relatively low knockback resistance, and maybe more speed to replace it. But maybe that's just me.
I base my Defense off of spacing/zoning ability...

Weight/knockback resistance/recovery are combined in HP

*shrugs*
Did no one have any comments about my interpretation of Ganondorf? ;.;

I would have to agree more with KrazyGlue on the thought of the stats. Defense = Knock Back Resistance to me, while Special Defense = Recovery. I thought the average range of when the person is knocked out, how long they can live in battle, would be their hp. Weight and Height might modify these factors, but I didn't think there would be a specific stat for them. Spacing and Zoning Ability seems like it would effect Attacks (Grounded A Button Moves) and Special Attacks (Aerials, Specials and Grabs). It seems that the Princess here would have much higher attack and special attack status, with an averageish recovery, slightly lower defense and hp than average, and good speed.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I saw Special defence as the ability to deal with projectiles, and special attack the characters own specials. HP is general survivability. Attack is A attacks, Defence is how good their shield is and how defensive/campy the character has the capacity to be. Speed is obvious really.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Luigi @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Adamant Nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Fire Punch (Up B)
~ Hypnosis (Final Smash)
~ Power Punch (Forward Smash)
~ Headbutt (Grab Pummel)

HP - 100
Atk - 120
Def - 50
SpA - 100
SpD - 50
Spe - 90

Total: 510

...type for Luigi is difficult. Probably something with Psychic, Fire or Fighting (I'd go with Psychic)...take your pick.

:059:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The way I see it, a person's Special Attack is how good their grabs, aerials and Specials are, while their Physical Attack is the strength of their A attacks. Speed is, of course, speed, and Hp is of course, Hp. Defense is knock back resistance. Special Defense would be recovery ability. With that in mind,

Name: Ganondorf
Tierlist Number: 37
Ability: Pure Power
Gender Ratio: Male 100%
Classificaton: King of Evil
Type 1: Dark
Height: Very Tall
Weight: Obese
Evolutionary Chain: Ganondorf -> Ganon
Wild Hold Item: Dusk Stone
Base Experience: 1,250,000 Slow
Base Hapiness: 0
Color Category: Black
Pokedex Text: The bearer of the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf has been bested many times in the past, but will continue to battle Link and Zelda for control of Hyrule.
Effort Points from Battling it: 20 Attack
Egg Group: HumanShape
Base Stats: HP:60 Attack:200 Defense:30 Special Attack:100 Special Defense:1Speed 1
Recommended Moveset:CloseCombat, Sword Dance, Mega Kick, Focus Punch
Recommended Evs: 4HP, 252Attack, 124Defense, 124Special Defense
Recommended Hold Item: Muscle Band
Recommended Nature: Adamant
Other Moves: Beat Up, Pay Back, Punishment, SuckerPunch, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Thunder Punch, Arm Thrust, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Cross Chop, Double Kick, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Force Palm, Hammer Arm, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Smash, Rolling Kick, Seismic Toss, Sky UpperCut, Submission, Super Power, Tripple Kick, Vital Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Fire Punch, Bounce, Astonish, Shadow Claw, Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Fissure, Magnitude, Ice Punch, Barrage, Belly Drum, Body Slam, Comet Punch, Crush Claw, Crush Grip, Dissy Punch, Double Hit, Double Edge, Double Slap, Facade, Frustration, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Mega Punch, Pound, Rage, Rock Climb, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Slam, Stomp, Strength, Tackle, Take Down, Thrash, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt, HeadSmash, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Wrecker, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Crabhammer.

I feel I do Ganondorf more Justice than the earlier poster did. He may suck in Brawl, but he is the king of evil, and he is a beast in all other games he is in.
First off, this isn't a set.

Second, his grabs, arials, and specials are for the most part awful, so his SpDef shouldn't be that high even if it WAS based off of that. Which it really shouldn't be.

Third, no fly = not Ganondorf.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
First off, this isn't a set.

Second, his grabs, arials, and specials are for the most part awful, so his SpDef shouldn't be that high even if it WAS based off of that. Which it really shouldn't be.

Third, no fly = not Ganondorf.
First, I felt like going above and beyond and not do just a set. :p Also, if you look closer, you can see a "Recommended Ev's, Recommended Moveset, Recommended Hold Item, and Recommended Nature". So there is a Set hidden in all of those statistics.

Second, Grabs Aerials and Specials would be for his Special Attack (although admitably that should be at an 80ish, since Mario is straight 100 in everything).

And 3rd, Pit Charizard and Metaknight can Fly. Ganondorf has a Sky-Uppercut like move in his Dark Dive. He is too fat and too old to fly.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Since this is Brawl Luigi, I'd go with Psychic/Fighting

1. Why wouldn't aerials go with the other A attacks?

2. L2FlightofGanon
Very nice synopsis of what I said. "words". Ha.

I completely mis-understood the second point. And the reason I don't see aerials as a regular attack is because, in real life, anyone can rear back and then bash someone with their shoulder, but very few people are special enough to be able to jump into the air, and thunder kick someone into the earth's core. That takes a lot of special power.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Second, Grabs Aerials and Specials would be for his Special Attack (although admitably that should be at an 80ish, since Mario is straight 100 in everything).

Really? I thought it'd be based off of projectiles, like they are in Pokemon.

And 3rd, Pit Charizard and Metaknight can Fly. Ganondorf has a Sky-Uppercut like move in his Dark Dive. He is too fat and too old to fly.
You're kidding, right?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203754

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since this topic is so awesome I do some more.

:marth: (Normal Type)

Marth@X-Attack
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
EV: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Quick Attack
~ Swords Dance
~ Counter
~ Slash

HP - 100
Atk - 120
Def - 120
SpA - 50
SpD - 30
Spe - 120

Total: 540

:zelda: (Psychic Type)

Zelda@ Choice Specs
Trait: Magic Armor
Modest Nature
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
~ Teleport
~ Mirror Coat
~ Conversion
~ Flare Blitz

HP - 120
Atk - 80
Def - 50
SpA - 150
SpD - 100
Spe - 50

Total: 550

:shiek: (Fighting Type)

Sheik@ Quick Claw
Trait: Quick Feet
Hasty Nature
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Conversion
~ Teleport
~ Pin Missile
~ Cross Chop (Usmash)

HP - 100
Atk - 120
Def - 30
SpA - 50
SpD - 100
Spe - 150

Total: 550

:059:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I saw Special defence as the ability to deal with projectiles, and special attack the characters own specials. HP is general survivability. Attack is A attacks, Defence is how good their shield is and how defensive/campy the character has the capacity to be. Speed is obvious really.
I think this makes a lot of sense.

Since Special moves in Pokemon are no longer based on typing, rather simply "moves that don't make contact", it's perfect to say Special Defense should be ability to deal with projectiles.

However, that means Special Attack should be based on projectiles (rather then basing it on A and B moves). Ex. Falco should have amazing SpAtk and SpDef.

I guess Defense can be based on weight; HP is recovery/surviviblity (in general). Attack would be based on contact moves.

Only problem is, being a fighting game, almost every move is a contact.

Maybe we should base this on pre-Diamond/Pearl?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The projectile issue is why I lump a character's Aerials, Specials, and Grabs into their "Special Attack". Everyone has those, but it's not just a few willi-nilly things that are easily emulated. You have to be special to do half of those moves (I'd like to see a human jump that way period, let alone perform those aerials.) HP and Speed don't really need an explination... Special Defense is how well a character can get back to stage by any means necesary, usually recovery or how well their jumps are, while defense is how well a character can keep him/herself from being knocked off of the stage. Attack would be for all of those A button moves everyone uses now a days.

And while that is a nifty technique, that isn't quite the "Fly" I'm thinking off...

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Sonic
Type 1: Normal
Ability: Scrappy

Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 90
Defense: 70
Sp. Atk: 65
Sp. Def: 70
Speed: 145
Total: 520

Movepool:
Close Combat
Brick Break
Reversal
Mach Punch
Return
Extremespeed
Flail
Rapid Spin
Endure
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Taunt
Pursuit (lol homing attack)
Switcheroo
Knock Off
Spite
Rollout
Bounce
U-Turn
Agility
Substitute
Baton Pass
Slack Off

Sets:

Choice Band

Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Evs: 24 Hp/252 Atk/232 Spe (4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe)
Moves:
Close Combat
Extremespeed/Return
U-Turn/Switcheroo/Pursuit/Rapid Spin
U-Turn/Switcheroo/Pursuit/Rapid Spin

Close Combat is the set's main source of damage. A secondary STAB is recommended, because with Scrappy Normal/Fighting gets unresisted coverage. Extremespeed is preferable because it lets you finish off frail scarfers and things with dragon dances. There are a myriad of options for the remaining moves. U-Turn is a great move on stuff with a choice band, and Sonic is no exception. Pursuit is especially useful on Sonic as he is immune to ghost. Switcheroo lets you cripple walls like Hippowdon and Skarmory. Rapid spin is still great, even if not on a specialized set. Any of the elemental punches can be used if you need to lure out and kill Salamence, Gyarados, or Scizor, which like switching into Close Combat and Extremespeed respectively. The Evs let you outspeed max speed base 125s. If you choose Jolly, the spread in parenthesis lets you outspeed max speed base 80s with a choice scarf and anything slower.

Support

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Hp/240 Def/16 Spe
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Slack Off
Taunt/Knock Off/U-Turn
Close Combat/Extremespeed/Brick Break/U-Turn

Sonic is possibly the best spinner that exists, with his blistering speed, decent support movepool, and the ability to spin against ghost-types. Rapid spin is obvious. Slack Off keeps Sonic healthy. Other than that you can do pretty much whatever you want with the set. Brick Break can be used if you want to break screens. It'd be wise to run this with Safeguard/Aromatherapy support or a grounded poison-type, as Sonic is very vulnerable to Toxic Spikes. If you do none of these things then at least use a lum berry over leftovers. Evs let you outspeed max speed base 115s and the rest goes towards your bulk.

More later, maybe.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
:kirby2:
Type: Normal
Ability: Own Tempo
Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 100
Sp. Attack: 100
Sp. Defense: 70
Speed: 60
Total: 470

Moves:
Mega Kick (F-Smash)
Hi-Jump Kick (B-Air, F-Air)
Stockpile (Works in conjunction with)
Spit Up (Starshot)
Transform (...)
Bullet Punch (Jab)
Swords Dance (Final Cutter, I guess)
Rapid Spin (N-Air)
Iron Defense (Stone turns into some metal stuff)
Seismic Toss (Throws)
Earthquake (Stone glitch)
Softboiled (Any other cooking moves?)
(I could add more that would match outside of Brawl, like Aura Sphere and Sky Uppercut, but I won't)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Ability: Own Tempo
Stats:

Moves:
Mega Kick (F-Smash)
Hi-Jump Kick (B-Air, F-Air)
Stockpile (Works in conjunction with)
Spit Up (Starshot)
Transform (...)
Bullet Punch (Jab)
Swords Dance (Final Cutter, I guess)
Rapid Spin (N-Air)
Iron Defense (Stone turns into some metal stuff)
Seismic Toss (Throws)
Earthquake (Stone glitch)
Softboiled (Any other cooking moves?)
(I could add more that would match outside of Brawl, like Aura Sphere and Sky Uppercut, but I won't)
Pardon me, but why the heck does Kirby not have Multitype or Colorchange as his ability, or Conversion 1 and 2 as part of it's possible movelist? :p Kirby seems like it's moveslist would be as diverse as Mew's. :p But this is a very nice set. The Ev's seem about right for him.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Pardon me, but why the heck does Kirby not have Multitype or Colorchange as his ability, or Conversion 1 and 2 as part of it's possible movelist? :p Kirby seems like it's moveslist would be as diverse as Mew's. :p But this is a very nice set. The Ev's seem about right for him.
I would've, but I decided not to add as much as he has outside the game, otherwise...

Ability: Own Tempo, Color Change, Multitype, Oblivious
Stats:

Moves:
All, minus legendary signature moves.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Whoops, lol.

Psh, and my Porygon-Z even has Conversion 2. What is WRONG with me? Oh, right, TCG...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:bumper: w/Starf Berry
Rash/Unburden
200 Sp. Atk./ 120 Def./ 190 Speed
+ Sucker Punch
+ Thundershock
+ Captivate
+ Bind

You are, without a doubt, the smartest person I have eg5 k46l kw[h[
Excuse me.... What the mother-(DON'T YOU BE TALKIN' BOUT MY MAMA!)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lol, items should be fun.

Type: Normal/Steel

Ability: Run Away

Base Stats:
50 HP
1 ATK
50 DEF
1 SP.ATK
90 SP.DEF
120 Speed
Total: 312

SmashBall @ Brightpowder
Timid/ Run Away
252 DEF/4 SP.DEF/252 Speed
Captivate
Confuse Ray
U-turn
Secret Power

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Lol, items should be fun.

Type: Normal/Steel

Ability: Run Away

Base Stats:
50 HP
1 ATK
50 DEF
1 SP.ATK
90 SP.DEF
120 Speed
Total: 312

SmashBall @ Brightpowder
Timid/ Run Away
252 DEF/4 SP.DEF/252 Speed
Captivate
Confuse Ray
U-turn
Secret Power
Very nice. I approve.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wow, MK's attack and speed at 130? WTF he isn't enough in Brawl?
I personally think that speed level is a little embelished, but he does have some of the best offensive abilities in the game, so I can't argue with his attack and special attack status.

Still, people seem to just enjoy bending over and getting ***** by someone that is so over-hyped. Much like Garchomp.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Garchomp is overhyped now? Smogon's policy testers don't make Pokemon Uber for ****s and giggles.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Garchomp is overhyped now? Smogon's policy testers don't make Pokemon Uber for ****s and giggles.
Yes, but he is virtually outclassed by all of the actual Ubers in that class. He was doing fine in the Standard Tier (granted, he was the most used Pokemon in the regular group). And the reason I say he is overhyped is because whenever people talk about countering him, they think it has a moveset as varied as Mews. You aren't allowed to explore any opening without having to deal with Tripple Giga-Impacts with no recharge. Also, you switch into 3 rows of Spikes, 1 set of Stealth Rocks, 2 rows of Toxic Spikes, a Sandstorm, Reflect and Lightscreen.

ZYPHR

Smash Cadet
wario should know:

Crunch
Explosion
poison gas
double edge

ability: thick fat/stench:chuckle:

c3gill

Smash Ace
Yes, but he is virtually outclassed by all of the actual Ubers in that class. He was doing fine in the Standard Tier (granted, he was the most used Pokemon in the regular group). And the reason I say he is overhyped is because whenever people talk about countering him, they think it has a moveset as varied as Mews. You aren't allowed to explore any opening without having to deal with Tripple Giga-Impacts with no recharge. Also, you switch into 3 rows of Spikes, 1 set of Stealth Rocks, 2 rows of Toxic Spikes, a Sandstorm, Reflect and Lightscreen.
....... chomp fits into Ubers fine, he is the 10th most commonly used pokemon as of May 09. And he ***** the OU tier. He certainly isnt outclassed by all Ubers.

If you compare his usage to OU usage, Garchomp is to Ubers as Jirachi is to OU (compared the number of uses with the most used in each tier)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hey, you think it's possible to like... make our own smashbros server using smashbros characters in our teams and stuff? I think we can get it to work once we agree on set movesets/stats.

If anyone is interested....

Top Bottom