• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
‘Ey leadership (Tagging Krookodilian Krookodilian to pass this through to the powers that be). Can I submit the Broodals as a seperate option to fill out all four alternate costume slots? Picking one of them is arbitrary and their strength lies in their unity as a group, but it seems like we’re simply throwing together four random, seperate submissions from the heap for this for which I think a different costume workx best.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Alt submission: Spicy Smokin' Koopa Clown Car

I found this cool image online. Maybe it could be used as an alt for Bowser Jr. referencing Mario Maker? It's the spicy smokin' Koopa Clown Car! Maybe to differentiate the model, remove the bib so technically it's an alt costume and give the clown car permanently angry eyes that are red.

5a6e5d1c43aaa.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
‘Ey leadership (Tagging Krookodilian Krookodilian to pass this through to the powers that be). Can I submit the Broodals as a seperate option to fill out all four alternate costume slots? Picking one of them is arbitrary and their strength lies in their unity as a group, but it seems like we’re simply throwing together four random, seperate submissions from the heap for this for which I think a different costume workx best.
if we include one of them, then we’ll include all of them so yes you may submit them all as one submission.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
if we include one of them, then we’ll include all of them so yes you may submit them all as one submission.
Alright, then I believe Topper has already been submitted so I’ll be making my own submission in addition to a Broodal campaign post.

EDIT: Editing in my submission

E3C91452-5D61-41AE-877D-A6D581B3A02C.png

Masked-Up Jr.

Bowser Jr’s look in quite a few games involves pulling his bandana over his face like in the above picture. Would pair best with a “vandalized“ Junior Clown Car that includes small paintings on the side or the Fire Clown Car to elevate the simple change into a true alternate costume, but it is a known and iconic look for Jr. nonetheless.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it’s apparent that Darknut was confirmed.

So a bit of an update…

• Bowser Jr alts will close tonight
  • Masteprieces and Collector’s Edition closes tonight
  • we have two jobs left

However….we have a big issue…

Smash Infinite got leaked early. There are videos on YouTube currently and it seems some people have an early copy. Also, on Twitter, people are divulging everything that’s in the game. Mind you, we haven’t shown off everything yet. They know the roster and a good amount of the stages but they don’t know everything. Apparently, it was also revealed that Twitter is indeed a stage. So…

What do we do? Do we send ninjas to cut down this leaked content? Do we allow people to discuss about it? Do we contact YouTube?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

So a bit of an update…

• we have two jobs left

Smash Infinite got leaked early. There are videos on YouTube currently and it seems some people have an early copy. Also, on Twitter, people are divulging everything that’s in the game. Mind you, we haven’t shown off everything yet. They know the roster and a good amount of the stages but they don’t know everything. Apparently, it was also revealed that Twitter is indeed a stage. So…

What do we do? Do we send ninjas to cut down this leaked content? Do we allow people to discuss about it? Do we contact YouTube?
Use it as an excuse to cut the time-consuming single player mode from the next installment

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

So a bit of an update…

• we have two jobs left

We threaten to cut our deal with Twitter if they don't do something.

Also, cut the single player mode right before release and make it paid DLC, just to spite everyone. We are PETTY here at SmashBoards.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The Broodals
D878B9E8-EAC9-46C1-A859-7D152D15006E.png

(Note: This is not a submission post. Tankman submitted Topper and Krookodilian assured me that the Broodals are a package deal. This is merely a post to show that the Broodals are the right choice)

Who Are The Broodals?
The Broodals are a group of rabbits that inhabit Lunar Ridge on the Dark Side of the Moon. Appearing in Super Mario Odyssey, they serve as Bowser’s wedding planners/henchmen and act as mid-bosses in a majority of the kingdoms to collect various objects necessary for the Bowser/Peach wedding. The Broodals consist of Topper, the green rabbit with the top hat. Spewart, the entertainer spewing poison. Hariet, the pyrotechnic of the gang and Rango, the lanky bouncer of the party.

Why should the Broodals join as alternate costumes?
While the Broodals have never been near a Clown Car, I still think the Broodals are the best choice. This is because of their similarities to the Koopalings. Acting as Bowser’s henchmen, with Mario fighting their way through the story and beating them as mini-bosses and being a package deal. Their designs are similar to the Koopalings’ as well, with strong and stout being mixed with a lanky character and a self-possessed girl.

Their personality and design also makes them a perfect fit for the Clown Car. The Clown Car moveset combines a commanding presence over the battlefield and strong, tricky artillery with an almost childish, slapstick and bratty flair. In their boss fights, The Broodals show to have both the boss fight design needed to show that they are versatile tricksters with a wide range of oppressive and intimidating tools under their command, but also a stylish and entertaining flair. Their vibrant and circus-like design and their entertaining personas also meshes well with the Clown Car’s inherent silliness.

Their own silliness provided a nice comical and bizarre twist to the generally more serious Koopalings, all while keeping this blend of commanding presence and tricky demeanor.

Lastly, they are the perfect choice to retain cohesion and coherence in the alternate costume department. While four alts can be put together from a list of submitted content, breaking the trend of the established group of Bowser Jr. + Koopalings devalues their presence and the moveset tailored towards them. Boom Boom and Pom Pom are a great duo, but they leave two slots dangling. The Broodals would fill the slots in an airtight way just like the Koopalings did and make the final few slots feel less random and filled up for the sake of it.

How do the Broodals adapt the Clown Car?
One thing that makes the Broodals a bit of a challenge to implement is the fact they’ve never been near a Clown Car. However, as lunar beings, they are quite associated with UFOs and have in fact used multiple UFO-type contraptions, such as the Torkdrift to steal the flowers from Wooded Kingdom and the UFO called Yoofoe appears as one of the few midbosses in the game.
094AF534-7D42-4CF7-BED3-5C8D4CD7B3D6.jpeg
Torkdrift

Furthermore, they are fought in a mech called the Robo-Brood in Bowser’s Kingdom, so they are not completely inexperienced in piloting a mech.

Adapting the Clown Car to fit the otherworldly and bizarre designs of the Broodals is a fun challenge, but the fundamentals of the Broodals are there to work with. By taking design prompts from the Torkdrift, a more metallic take on the Clown Car, with light blue eyes, could give it an otherworldly and alien vibe.

Complaints and Issues
“They’ve only appeared in one game”
True, however, Super Mario Odyssey is a big 3D Mario entry with great reception. 3D Mario titles are a bit less scarce than your average spin-off and thus leave more of an impact on the direction of the following Smash game, as can be judged by Mario‘s wedding alt, F.L.U.D.D attack and Rosalina & Luma making it in as a full-fledged newcomer.
Super Mario Odyssey is also the most recent Super Mario adventure, so the Broodals are the fresh new faces in town. What they lack im history, they make up for in freshness.

“They’re not affiliated with Bowser Jr.”
True, they’re not a mainstay in the Koopa Troop. However, their design clearly harkens back to the Koopalings’ as does their role as recurring mini-boss and Bowser’s gang of thematically consistent henchmen.

Complaints and Issues
“They’ve only appeared in one game”
True, however, Super Mario Odyssey is a big 3D Mario entry with great reception. 3D Mario titles are a bit less scarce than your average spin-off and thus leave more of an impact on the direction of the following Smash game, as can be judged by Mario‘s wedding alt, F.L.U.D.D attack and Rosalina & Luma making it in as a full-fledged newcomer.
Super Mario Odyssey is also the most recent Super Mario adventure, so the Broodals are the fresh new faces in town. What they lack im history, they make up for in freshness.

Excuse, Ice Climbers also appeared in one game outside smash.
So you saying the Truth that Broodals appeared in one Game, so do Ice Climbers.
And even Duck Hunt Dog (not counting Mr. Barkers game, since is so obscure), who appeared in one game.
(I mean, we talk about Alts, not fighter, but I say additional info)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Excuse, Ice Climbers also appeared in one game outside smash.
Yes, and were then subsequently added because of that fact because Sakurai was specifically looking for a retro fighter in Melee. Both Broodals’ competition and the characters they would share a slot with are all reoccuring characters in the series, so I felt like it was a valid criticism to address. I personally fail to see the relevance of your comment, since Ice Climbers were added under such different circumstances and didn’t render the criticism in any other situation completely irrelevant.

Wait, are Jr's alts gonna be decided by voting?
I have no idea but I felt a submission as far reaching as “All four slots are filled by Broodals” deserved some explanation regardless. I feel the all-or-nothing nature of the Broodals make them a more cohesive and thus a more fitting pick, since the Koopalings themselves were a all-or-nothing package deal that fit the amount of alts necessary perfectly. To me, having such a group of characters available again is a boon to avoid having to fill out slots one-by-one with unrelated characters that were described as “bottom-of-the-barrel“ by a non-zero amount of users, but it’s a commitment that deserved that explanation and then some nonethenless.

Banning sites that post leaks is dumb, it iust confirms a leak is real. Come on, a job where we make full on internal fake leaks would be hilarious.
If we must insist on having a job that deals with leaks, I feel this is the funniest and therefore the best option. I’d say we issue a free update that adds an assortment of dummy slots with highly volatile codenames. Create a new Forbidden 7.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I say we don't ban sites that post leaks. Instead...

LET'S HAVE MODS EDIT LEAKS WITH FAKE INFORMATION!

That way it becomes less concrete and nobody knows which part is true! Remember that job about the leaks we posted that got us Officer Howard? It'd kinda be like that in a way.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me what's going on currently
This is the rundown of what’s happening basically.

So a bit of an update…

• we have two jobs left

I know what we can do against the leaks, spend time creating a fake trailer as a red hearing for what to expect from this new game
The Fake trailer will contain NVG-characters like Shaggy in Smash Infinite to troll all Leakers around the World.
That would normal trailer, but it will be something's wrong.
And the Last scene is RickRoll.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The Fake trailer will contain NVG-characters like Shaggy in Smash Infinite to troll all Leakers around the World.
That would normal trailer, but it will be something's wrong.
And the Last scene is RickRoll.
I was thinking that they show off a bunch of fake information to divert leakers, and to those who are disappointed by then not getting what they want in the fake trailers add them to the final DLC update

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm sorry I just don't see any good reason to use the Broodals, Tatanga, or Nabbit (all of whom are in like, one game - and no, I don't care about critical reception of a game when you have characters like the Champions who have been in multiple games now not getting in) when you have actual, reoccuring Koopas to use.

I'm voting for Boom-Boom, Pom-Pom, Kid Koopa, and Bandana Jr. to make up the alts. Jr. himself is clearly the basis on which the moveset was created since he's the one on the CSS, so giving him special treatment with an alt doesn't seem unreasonable (and is honestly very in-character)

I'm sorry I just don't see any good reason to use the Broodals, Tatanga, or Nabbit (all of whom are in like, one game - and no, I don't care about critical reception of a game when you have characters like the Champions who have been in multiple games now not getting in) when you have actual, reoccuring Koopas to use.

I'm voting for Boom-Boom, Pom-Pom, Kid Koopa, and Bandana Jr. to make up the alts. Jr. himself is clearly the basis on which the moveset was created since he's the one on the CSS, so giving him special treatment with an alt doesn't seem unreasonable (and is honestly very in-character)
I'll go with Tatanga, Koopa Kid, Baby Bowser and Broodals.
I feel like Boom Boom shouldnt have Playable Role. It feels little uncanny for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom