• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would a third Sonic rep be permissable for this job? Speaking of which, is Knuckles disconfirmed?
Ah, that’s something I forgot about. Previous franchises aren’t eligible. My bad.

I want to submit Davy from Chameleon Twist but i also thought about Glover.
Glover is not Japanese. I know Chameleon Twist but I wouldn’t consider it a notable series that helped define N64; especially considering the series was received very poorly. I can see the submission being rejected.

I wanna say Bomberman qualifies, but I'm not sure...
Bomberman is a confirmed returning Mii Costume and Assist Trophy already in the game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Isabelle

Pocket Camp First Anniversary (Black)

This would be for her Fall Outfit it would be primarily black and white with red highlights

Simon

Sypha Belnades (Light Blue)

Simon would gain the colors of Sypha's Pachislot design

Richter

Soma Cruz (White)

Richter would gain the colors of Soma Cruz, Including his hair

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, I have a couple unique options here:
  • Kunio from River City. It's surprising we don't have a beat-em-up representative in Smash as of yet, and River City (Or Kunio-kun) has had some major ties to Nintendo. In fact, the Kunio-kun Spirits in Smash all use their NES Sprites! I could imagine Kunio being a slow, yet fast-hitting rushdown character who's all about good positioning, just like in the River City games. You could probably even give him alts based on other characters like Riki, Goda, and Ryuichi + Ryuji.
  • Agumon from Digimon. This franchise is crazy big. It's to Pokemon what Sonic is to Mario. We could give him a unique DigiVolution gimmick that allows him to evolve into a stronger monster like GreyMon as a way to turn the tides of battle. Like, imagine Pichu if he could evolve into Bowser. That'd basically be Agumon.
  • Asuka from Senran Kagura. Call me horny for suggesting her all you want, but that franchise has had a major start on Nintendo consoles and has been particularly well known, or rather in this case infamous, for many various...racy aspects in addition to the adrenaline-fueled combos which seem to be faithfully replicated in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. It even got a resurgence in popularity when Reflexions was announced for the Switch, taking advantage of the JoyCons' HD Rumble feature to...well, I'm sure you guys remember. Asuka might be a little too fanservice-y, but hey, we have a Spirit of Aphrodite in Infinite, as well as Pyra/Mythra in Smash Ultimate, so that's some precedent on both fanon and canon ends.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
My mind when it comes to Nintendo connection is funnily enough is the Warriors series, the connection itself isn't limited to "oh, they have their games on the console" but they deadass collaborate 3 times and probably more to come. They also have a Wii exclusive character in Samurai Warriors called Takamaru (remember him) and is also a spirit and prior to that they also work together with GameFreak to make Conquest with the character using their design from Samurai Warriors 3 despite being a Nobunaga's Ambition collaboration.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Crono is another option I'm considering. This could be a very interesting round.
Chrono is a huge plus for me. Probably one of my
Most wanteds if not for its amazing music.
Bub and Bob perhaps?
They were permissible. I always wanted them since Melee back when I made a Melee roster when I was a wee lad.
Hold up, wouldn't AiAi be elegible for this job? He'd be really cool since there's not many gimmicks you could apply to him.
Yes, AiAi is eligible.
Okay, I have a couple unique options here:
  • Kunio from River City. It's surprising we don't have a beat-em-up representative in Smash as of yet, and River City (Or Kunio-kun) has had some major ties to Nintendo. In fact, the Kunio-kun Spirits in Smash all use their NES Sprites! I could imagine Kunio being a slow, yet fast-hitting rushdown character who's all about good positioning, just like in the River City games. You could probably even give him alts based on other characters like Riki, Goda, and Ryuichi + Ryuji.
  • Agumon from Digimon. This franchise is crazy big. It's to Pokemon what Sonic is to Mario. We could give him a unique DigiVolution gimmick that allows him to evolve into a stronger monster like GreyMon as a way to turn the tides of battle. Like, imagine Pichu if he could evolve into Bowser. That'd basically be Agumon.
  • Asuka from Senran Kagura. Call me horny for suggesting her all you want, but that franchise has had a major start on Nintendo consoles and has been particularly well known, or rather in this case infamous, for many various...racy aspects in addition to the adrenaline-fueled combos which seem to be faithfully replicated in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. It even got a resurgence in popularity when Reflexions was announced for the Switch, taking advantage of the JoyCons' HD Rumble feature to...well, I'm sure you guys remember. Asuka might be a little too fanservice-y, but hey, we have a Spirit of Aphrodite in Infinite, as well as Pyra/Mythra in Smash Ultimate, so that's some precedent on both fanon and canon ends.
I low key want Asuka. Agumon would be amazing though due to the past rivalry to Pokémon. Great crossover moment.

My mind when it comes to Nintendo connection is funnily enough is the Warriors series, the connection itself isn't limited to "oh, they have their games on the console" but they deadass collaborate 3 times and probably more to come. They also have a Wii exclusive character in Samurai Warriors called Takamaru (remember him) and is also a spirit and prior to that they also work together with GameFreak to make Conquest with the character using their design from Samurai Warriors 3 despite being a Nobunaga's Ambition collaboration.
Ohhh I hadn’t thought of that. Nobunaga or Liu B would be really fun ideas.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Dagnabbit, everybody has a good idea except me. Um... aside from Bomberman, what else did Hudson Soft put on Nintendo?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The Warriors series sounds interesting, though I am...I dunno what word to use this, but I kinda feel like a character like Lu Bu would be a more interesting case than Dracula, since the latter's a public domain character and the former is a real historical figure. Don't get me wrong, it'd be interesting to see the Warriors-equivalent of Akuma as playable, but I can't help but wonder how many history buffs that would piss off? "aCkQiUaLlEe, lU Bu nEvEr fOuGhT MaRiO Or uSeD SuPeRsPiCy cUrRy aGaInSt sOrA, tHeY WeReN'T EvEn aLiVe aT HiS TiMe"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Warriors series sounds interesting, though I am...I dunno what word to use this, but I kinda feel like a character like Lu Bu would be a more interesting case than Dracula, since the latter's a public domain character and the former is a real historical figure. Don't get me wrong, it'd be interesting to see the Warriors-equivalent of Akuma as playable, but I can't help but wonder how many history buffs that would piss off? "aCkQiUaLlEe, lU Bu nEvEr fOuGhT MaRiO Or uSeD SuPeRsPiCy cUrRy aGaInSt sOrA, tHeY WeReN'T EvEn aLiVe aT HiS TiMe"
The warriors games have already seen him meet up with characters from other time periods all together and deal with magic and demons so I don't think it's that big a deal.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Eh, I've said these before but they have major similarity with Dracula and other Greek mythology, being a spin on a concept, last time I check the real Lu Bu is just some old general on horseback not a cleanshaven and fairly well built behemoth. I also doubt history nerds will foaming from their mouth because why the heck are they even here? and with Smash fan, well they are more concerned seeing an established IP from another media than something that is basically the norm in the video game landscape.

Also I'm a more of a Zhao Yun guy myself, the guy is basically the mascot and poster boy who even the devs themselves admit can't be topped.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Eh, I've said these before but they have major similarity with Dracula and other Greek mythology, being a spin on a concept, last time I check the real Lu Bu is just some old general on horseback not a cleanshaven and fairly well built behemoth. I also doubt history nerds will foaming from their mouth because why the heck are they even here? and with Smash fan, well they are more concerned seeing an established IP from another media than something that is basically the norm in the video game landscape.

Also I'm a more of a Zhao Yun guy myself, the guy is basically the mascot and poster boy who even the devs themselves admit can't be topped.
Fair on the fans and the like.

As for Zhao Yun? Damn, he's that popular? I would've guessed the most popular was Lu Bu considering how downright hammy and ridiculous he can be. Especially with the one entry with that windmill halberd he had. Guess you learn something new every day.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Fair on the fans and the like.

As for Zhao Yun? Damn, he's that popular? I would've guessed the most popular was Lu Bu considering how downright hammy and ridiculous he can be. Especially with the one entry with that windmill halberd he had. Guess you learn something new every day.
I think that might be because Lu Bu has a few represent outside of the Warriors game the notable ones being from Fate and Records of Ragnarok.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Uhh, shoot. I don't have many ideas, lol. The best I can come up with would be...
<

They did get their start on a Ninten Console, and they don't reeally originate from Persona, so would they count?

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Uhh, shoot. I don't have many ideas, lol. The best I can come up with would be...
<

They did get their start on a Ninten Console, and they don't reeally originate from Persona, so would they count?
I wish they were eligible, but sadly, they were added as enemies. If we need an alternative, however...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Ah, that’s something I forgot about. Previous franchises aren’t eligible. My bad.

Glover is not Japanese. I know Chameleon Twist but I wouldn’t consider it a notable series that helped define N64; especially considering the series was received very poorly. I can see the submission being rejected.

Bomberman is a confirmed returning Mii Costume and Assist Trophy already in the game.
Bull****, Oh Well. might as well jump into the Travis Touchdown Bandwagon Then.
1641519380491.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom