• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please make sure to vote!
Here is my submission for a Fire General

Fire General Bowser
Appearance: Takes on a molten lava effect with glowing red eyes, a shell that looks partially dried lava mixed in with actual lava, with fire streaks running through the cracks which also extends to the scales. His claws seems to emit fire constantly along with his breath.

New Attacks includes:
  • A fire wave attack where he stomps the ground and travels all directions.
  • Summons homing fireballs
  • Creates a geyser of lava that shoots up into the sky. It is generated at random locations.
  • His whirling fortress generates fire.
  • Bowser Bomb deals lasting fire damage
  • His Final Smash becomes an enlarged version of himself just like the original Final Smash but he unleashes a stream of fire and lava onto the stage which causes residual lava to appear on the stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our newcomer submissions!

NameTotal
Diver10
CHibi-Robo16
Nooklings9
King Rauru9
Tom Nook18
Skull Kid13
Alear32
Ashley Robbins7
Porky Minch24
Cranky Kong14
Toxtriicity8
Magalor8
Tingle6

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Diver1 (5)1 (4)10110
Chibi-Robo1 (5)2 (8)01 (2)116
Nooklings01 (4)1 (3)1 (2)09
King Rauru01 (4)1 (3)029
Tom Nook1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)1 (2)118
Skull Kid02 (8)02 (4)113
Alear5 (25)02 (6)1 (2)132
Ashley Robbins0002 (4)37
Porky Minch1 (5)3 (12)2 (6)0124
Cranky Kong1 (5)01 (3)3 (6)014
Toxtricity1 (5)01 (3)008
Magalor001 (3)2 (4)18
Tingle1 (5)00016

1712445364942.png
1712445375988.png

ALEAR PREPARES TO ENGAGE

Alear is finally coming into Smash after being snubbed time and time again with being made a Mii Costume DESPITE Smash's tendency to include new Fire Emblem characters. With Alear comes a huge wide range of possibilities for movesets but also content relating to Engage which we have included but not a lot. This is quite the interesting addition when you consider precedents because this is the first FE character to be included AFTER their content was added before their addition.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Poll is up. Which should be the default: Femlear or Menlear.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Now I'm just imagining a unique aesthetic where if Alear is teamed up with another FE character, that teammate has the ethereal aura around them like they were summoned with an Emblem Ring.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alear Gameplay Discussion

As we wait to decide, we will begin to open up discussion on how Alear should be constructed. Alear is an interesting character as they have access to something called Emblems which are summons akin to the item Breibalik to call forth heroes from past Emblem games to "engage" and fight on your side. This obviously is a huge part of the game and something we should try to incorporate to some degree but how we go about doing that is the issue.

Here are some information:

Source Gaming

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think we should let Alear have a few punch-based attacks to reference her Dragon Fist ability, something to mix up the traditional FE moveset. As for the Emblems...I think we should give her the ability to summon other FE characters in our roster like Stands/Personas. It could probably even be something you pick in the CSS as an entirely unique thing: between Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Chrom, Byleth, Anna, or hell maybe Alear herself when you select her, certain conditions can allow you to summon that character as a unique stance. Maybe we could take what Officer Howard did and tweak a few things to better-fit Alear?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think we should let Alear have a few punch-based attacks to reference her Dragon Fist ability, something to mix up the traditional FE moveset. As for the Emblems...I think we should give her the ability to summon other FE characters in our roster like Stands/Personas. It could probably even be something you pick in the CSS as an entirely unique thing: between Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Chrom, Byleth, Anna, or hell maybe Alear herself when you select her, certain conditions can allow you to summon that character as a unique stance. Maybe we could take what Officer Howard did and tweak a few things to better-fit Alear?
I like this idea. So basically you choose Alear and then select one of the characters from the FE roster to come an aid you when conditions are met? Plays well into “too many FE characters”. So what would be the purpose then? Like what would that give you? You mentioned Stances/Persona but how does that translate into gameplay?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I like this idea. So basically you choose Alear and then select one of the characters from the FE roster to come an aid you when conditions are met? Plays well into “too many FE characters”. So what would be the purpose then? Like what would that give you? You mentioned Stances/Persona but how does that translate into gameplay?
Was at first kinda thinking a meter kinda like Arsene, but I'm open to more options like making it depend on the character you selected prior.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Was at first kinda thinking a meter kinda like Arsene, but I'm open to more options like making it depend on the character you selected prior.
Perhaps a meter but with attributes pertaining to the character chosen to create unique experience for the characters?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Perhaps a meter but with attributes pertaining to the character chosen to create unique experience for the characters?
Could work. So with Robin you build meter by hitting enough projectiles, Marth with landing tipper hitboxes and Ike with burst damage off the top of my head.

We'd have to design the set in such a manner to accommodate the other FE fighters on the roster, tho

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Could work. So with Robin you build meter by hitting enough projectiles, Marth with landing tipper hitboxes and Ike with burst damage off the top of my head.

We'd have to design the set in such a manner to accommodate the other FE fighters on the roster, tho.
But what would be the outcomes? Like, what would be the benefits of choosing Marth over Ike? They obviously need to be balanced based on the situation. I would say to keep it simple rather than difficult. I also think that will special requirements would be good; it shouldn't be the only way to build the meter up. Rather, it causes it to jump up quicker than just time and play.

For example:
In order to "engage" Marth, jumping up the meter is attributed to "shielding" meaning the more you shield an attack, the more the meter jumps. Bringing forth Marth adds a "tipper" to your attacks but also causes Alear to have less launch resistance.

To "engage" Ike, you need to land fully charged Smash attacks but once brought forth, Alear gains a significant boost in launch ability but also causes Alear to have a dip in speed.

I think that is more concise and streamlined and allows for multiple playstyles for Alear who would be a rather mid-range fighter without any particular strengths of weaknesses; comparable to Mario at base level.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
But what would be the outcomes? Like, what would be the benefits of choosing Marth over Ike? They obviously need to be balanced based on the situation. I would say to keep it simple rather than difficult. I also think that will special requirements would be good; it shouldn't be the only way to build the meter up. Rather, it causes it to jump up quicker than just time and play.

For example:
In order to "engage" Marth, jumping up the meter is attributed to "shielding" meaning the more you shield an attack, the more the meter jumps. Bringing forth Marth adds a "tipper" to your attacks but also causes Alear to have less launch resistance.

To "engage" Ike, you need to land fully charged Smash attacks but once brought forth, Alear gains a significant boost in launch ability but also causes Alear to have a dip in speed.

I think that is more concise and streamlined and allows for multiple playstyles for Alear who would be a rather mid-range fighter without any particular strengths of weaknesses; comparable to Mario at base level.
Yeah, actually that sounds like the perfect way to streamline such a mechanic, let's go with that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be moving forward with ...

Alear Gameplay Submissions

Here is what we have for Alear as of right now:

Alear has the ability to "engage" with Fire Emblem characters on the roster select screen which includes any future FE characters we decide to include. This "engage" has the player select a secondary Fire Emblem character after selecting Alear to be "engaged" with. Doing this will partner that character up with Alear and will grant Alear particular attributes via Bond Meter which shows a bar beneath the Character Portrait HUB. In high resolution screens. this meter also has a sprite of Alear and their chosen Hero along with the name. It is impossible for a second Alear player to choose the same Hero though.

Players can do the following in order to fill the Bond Meter:
  • Attack
  • Defend
  • Don't be damaged
  • Score KOs
  • However, you can cause the meter to increase even more by fulfilling a special requirement which differs character by character
Once the meter is filled, the bonded Hero emerges in a spectral form even if they are currently in play. So, technically, a 8 player Smash match, with Alear, could have 16 total Fire Emblem characters on it. Once summoned, it will do one of several things:
  • Grant the character a Stat Bond relating to their character (Speed, Jump, Defense, Attack) with some Heroes sharing these boosts. The Boost is small though and not like Shulk's
  • Give the player an Bond Attribute that is from that character (Marth's Tipper mechanic, Roy's Mid-Blade mechanic, Ike's Launching power, Robin boosting magical abilities, etc)
  • Adding in attacks by joining in on Smash Attacks and certain specials for added attack damage like how Arsene with Joker.
  • I am also considering replacing the neutral or down special for an attack related to that Bond character. Is this something that happens in Engage? I never played the game. The Bonded character will do the move inconjuction with Alear.
    • If this is a possible mechanic, we will call it a Bond Special.
Once a Bond is completed, the Hero returns and the process resets.

Now, we have 10 characters to create content for:

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultbyleth::ultbylethf:Anna

Alternate versions of Robin, Corrin, and Byleth share requirements, stats, and attributes with their default counterpart but are selectable on the roster selection. They do not give new Stat Bonds or Bond Attributes.

So, what we will be submitting is the Requirement which helps boost the meter, Bond Stat which gives Alear a slight boost, Attribute Bond which gives them an attribute from the Bonded character, and, if justifiable, a Bond Special which allows Alear to perform a particular Special along with tthe Bonded character. I did Marth's for a reference but feel free to make a change if you think somethign doesn't represent Marth well.

Marth
  • Requirement
    • Shield against attacks increases the meter x2.
  • Bond Stat
    • Increases speed stat
  • Attribute Bond
    • Adds a tipper to Alear's sword
  • Bond Special
    • Gives Alear a Counter move along with Marth.
Lucina
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Roy
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Chrom
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Ike
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Robin (M/F)
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Corrin (M/F)
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Byleth (M/F)
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special
Anna
  • Requirement
  • Bond Stat
  • Attribute Bond
  • Bond Special

GolisoPower

Smash Master
:ultike:Ike:
  • Requirement:
    • Landing a fully-charged Smash attack charges Bond 2x faster.
  • Bond Stat:
    • Increases attack power by 1.3x
  • Attribute Bond:
    • Alear's Specials now gain the ability to charge for more damage and knockback.
  • Bond Special:
    • Alear can cause an Eruption in front of her, similar to Ike.

:ultrobin:Robin:
  • Requirement:
    • Landing a projectile attack charges Bond 2x faster.
  • Bond Stat:
    • Increases weight value by 20 points
  • Attribute Bond:
    • Alear's magic attacks are bolstered (Projectiles, magic-effect attacks)
  • Bond Special:
    • Alear can steal health from foes using Nosferatu.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultike:Ike:
  • Requirement:
    • Dealing 25%+ in a singular hit builds up 2x meter
  • Bond Stat:
    • Increases attack power by 1.3x
  • Attribute Bond:
    • Alear's Specials now gain the ability to charge for more damage and knockback.
  • Bond Special:
    • Alear can cause an Eruption in front of her, similar to Ike.
I think it’s better to keep requirements simple as they are easy to remember for people; especially given there’s a lot more to remember. What if we do just Fully Charged Smash an attack. Something that’s a bit more generalizes than something so specific. Also, with a Bond Special since we are using them, Alear performs it alongside the Hero making it a synchronized attack.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, Alear as the potential for more Final Smash’s then any character lol.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think it’s better to keep requirements simple as they are easy to remember for people; especially given there’s a lot more to remember. What if we do just Fully Charged Smash an attack. Something that’s a bit more generalizes than something so specific. Also, with a Bond Special since we are using them, Alear performs it alongside the Hero making it a synchronized attack.
That is a fair assessment, will change that real quick.

EDIT: Changed, plus I added Robin.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That is a fair assessment, will change that real quick.

EDIT: Changed, plus I added Robin.
Alear has the potential for the most meta ever. Nearly 8 different combinations based on their choice.

This makes me said we never added characters like Lyn, Micaiah, Tiki, Black Knight, Cecilia or any other characters. Having ten options to choose from would be legit insane to deal with. Four games from now with EIH enacted - Alear is gonna be the next Kirby.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:
Bond Requirement: Perfect shielding increases the meter
Bond Stat: Defense increases
Attribute Bond: Alear’s Smash attacks have increased launching ability complete with superarmor
Bond Special: Amyr (Does in tandem with Byleth)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
CharacterBond BoostBond StatBond AttributeBob Special
:ultmarth:ShieldingSpeed UpAdds a tipper to Alear's SwordCounter (remaps the down special)
:ultlucina:ShieldingJump UpAdds a Tipper to Alear's SwordCounter (remaps the down special)
:ultroy:Breaking ShieldsSpecial Attack UpAlear's damage does more at base of the swordDancing Blade (remaps the side special)
:ultchrom:Breaking ShieldsLaunch Power UpAlear's damage does more at base of the swordDancing Blade (remaps the side special)
:ultike:Land Smash AttacksAttack Power UpAlear's Specials can now chargeEruption (remaps the neutral special)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:Landing projectile attacks (including items)Weight UpAlear's magical attacks increaseArcfire (remaps the side special)
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:Landing SpecialsSpecial Attack UpAll sword attacks have extended reach due to being wreathed in draconic energy.Dragon Fang Shot (remaps the neutral special)
:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:Perfecting shieldingDefense UpAlear's Smash Attacks and Specials have superarmorAmyr (remaps the down special)
AnnaLanding a KOItem Damage UpAlear gathers coins damaging opponent which can heal them.Ballista (remaps the side special)
AlearLanding throwsRandom from aboveRandom from aboveTBD

With that being said, we will be moving to.....

Alear Moveset Submission

We will be working adding a moveset for Alear. In order to do so, we need to keep a coiple things in mind:

• Needs to have sword attacks
  • It needs to have magical attacks (see Robin's Bond Attributes) which is tied in with projectile requirement thus meaning Alear needs access to both magical and projectile-type attacks.
  • Needs to have neutral, side, and down specials are, when missing due to a Bond, is not going to leave Alear out to dry (for example, say Villager could use the Bond ability thus bonding with Ridley gains access to Plasma Breath which would remove the Neutral Special "Pocket" which is a huge part of the character. Or similar gmmicks such as Steve, Inkling's Splattershot, etc.)
  • These specials needs to jive well together but also needs to mix well with the Bond Abilites

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special: Dragon's Fist

Alear charges with energy before unleashing a flurry of fist strikes similar to Dancing Blade, the first hit being a left straight punch, the second being a right hook and the final hit dependent on input direction: straight ahead ends with a final dual palm strike that sends the foe flying, upwards-angled caps with an uppercut and downwards-angled ends with an overhead cudgel that spikes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will keep submissions open for another day but we will open additional content sometime tomorrow.

I am thinking of content that could be included. Does Alear have any magical spells.?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In Engage, their base canonical class (Dragon Child and it's upgrade, Divine Dragon) can mostly just use swords and artes (artes being the martial arts moves, like Dragon Fist that was already submitted), most of the other attacks like spells come from Emblem Rings. In Heroes (the mobile game), they have special variation units where they can use Manakete attacks like Fire Breath (like Tiki's Assist Trophy). Engage does have magic swords like Levin Sword and others too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom