• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
Pic of the day : just a closer lookout of the new SmashVille stage. The stage probably changes it's background like it did in Brawl on Saturday evenings.

DPSnumber1

Smash Rookie
Never the less. Little Mac belongs to the fighting genre and is not a suitable character for SSB. How would you picture his special moves? The guy just punches the sh*t out of his opponents.

Go to the Little Mac Threat to see some potencial movesets which demostrate that Little mac can be in a Smash Game

Also you can find in the link bellow some valid points posted by Maricalistaro that demostrate that this is indeed a Punch Out Stage

http://smashboards.com/threads/little-mac-w-v-b-a-champion-for-ssb4.324302/page-11

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
I enjoyed the link you sent me although I'm still not convinced.
Notice the screen in the middle : that is definetly not a prop from Punch Out!!!
All arguments lead to say that the stage is similar to the Wii Punch Out. Wouldn't you think they would rather make it look like the NES version?
Although it might have been a Punch Out Smash Bros. themed stage, it's highly unlikely that they would have kept the Smash Bros. emblem.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There are other stages in Smash that come from previous Nintendo titles that yet have the Smash emblem somewhere.

Brawl's Mario Circuit has several Smash Bros. symbols on the screen with the circuit's map.
The Smash symbol can be found on a can on the Distant Planet stage from Brawl.
Smashville's platforms (both the main one and the moving one) have the Smash symbol on the corners.

Having the Smash emblem neither confirms nor denies that the boxing ring is a Punch-Out!! stage.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Except it has been confirmed there will be no different characters between versions. The roster will be the same on both versions.
I'm pretty sure that he actually said that there will be "the same number of characters" in each game, though it may have been a poor translation, or you're using a different source.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

The initial connection I made upon seeing this picture was that it was from either Donkey Kong OR Ketzal's Corridors...since it has a sort of aztec/ruins theme.

Upon looking at the Ketzal's Corridors gameplay though (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyg1kIfWf4) there doesn't seem to be much of a connection.

A mystery.

(By the way, I believe Ketzal's Corridors belongs to Nintendo, is that right?)
Not to be a jerk, and I say this at the risk of being totally wrong (again), but:That isn't Aztec, not even close. Aztec architecture and art are outstandingly geometric and depict "things" more than designs, in the case of art, and normally carved rather than pieced together.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't think so because Alph looks far too similar to Olimar. I guess Charlie and Brittany have better chances to get in as a second Pikmin character.
On the other side, I'm not sure if they find a way to put the new Pikmins in so that they won't have a too similar effect to the Pikmin1&2 pikmins. Still I agree with you that there is a possibility they could put a second Pikmin character in.

You might be right. The only thing you should have noticed: for the villager and the wii fit trainer, there are no 3ds pictures either. Does this really mean there are problems to put wii fit trainer and villager into the 3ds version? I'm not sure about this.
You realize that, with a color change, Mario and Luigi are pretty difficult to tell apart? Kirby and Jiggs to a lesser extent.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Here, I'll try one last time to not fail:
I know few of you ever play Melee with items on, but I have encountered, when you break the boxes, very rarely the enemies from adventure mode come out, especially Goombas and the zombie things from the LoZ area. This kept in mind:
I think that it's possible that the missing Rock and Fairy Pikmin could be a stage feature. Perhaps just hopping/flying around and passively interfering with the fight. It's kind off extreme, but then so are the mechanics of the previous Pikmin stage.
Please forgive me if this is yet another stupid idea :( .

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Definitely not a stage inspired by Punch Out !!! .

Notice the Smash Bros. emblem printed on the ground. None of the stages inspired by existing franchises have the Smash Bros. emblem in them.
Plus, why are you people all supporting Little Mac's inclusion in the game as a playable character? The point in SSB is creating a fighting game zith characters of the Nintendo universe that DO NOT belong to the fighting genre.
First bold: Notice the rope colors are just like in Lil Mac? The atmosphere, while typical of a boxing ring, is EXACTLY like the atmosphere in LM, just with a different camera angle.
Second bold: Are you kidding? Nintendo's only true (ish) fighting game that comes to mind is LM, but Metroid, Kirby, SMB, LoZ, Star Fox and many others are games centered around fighting, if not technically "fighting games." Belonging in the Genre isn't a qualifier, but it isn't a deterrent either.

EDIT: Not to mention Pokemon

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Notice the screen in the middle : that is definetly not a prop from Punch Out!!!
All arguments lead to say that the stage is similar to the Wii Punch Out. Wouldn't you think they would rather make it look like the NES version?
Although it might have been a Punch Out Smash Bros. themed stage, it's highly unlikely that they would have kept the Smash Bros. emblem.
The ribbons/ropes are that way in the retro ones too.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not to be a jerk, and I say this at the risk of being totally wrong (again), but:That isn't Aztec, not even close. Aztec architecture and art are outstandingly geometric and depict "things" more than designs, in the case of art, and normally carved rather than pieced together.

I never claimed to be an expert when it came to architecture. I just made a guess (a poor one) and hoped nobody would care enough to bring up the fundamentals of Aztecan architecture in a smash bros forum.

Aztec was my best guess, I'm not really familiar with any other jungle setting architecture.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The ribbons/ropes are that way in the retro ones too.

Dude. You just septuple posted. Careful there, and use the Edit Post button instead.

They could if they pass it off as the "Smash Circuit." The Punch-Out!! series had you fight through tons of opponents through different circuits, so it could be the "Smash Circuit," similar to how the Brawl Animal Crossing stage was "Smashville."

And Punch-Out!! isn't in the fighting genre, either. It's a Sports/Puzzle game by definition. Sakurai's statements had more to do with things like characters from Street Fighter, Tekken, or Soul Calibur.

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
Well you guys got me pretty convinced. If it is indeed a Punch Out !!! stage, it definitely raises Little Mac's chances to be a newcomer. Although the game where he comes from is not technically a fighting game, the character still represents a fighter in the literal meaning. I'd rather add some unexpected retro character like Muddy Mole from the Game Boy game.

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
Well you guys got me pretty convinced. If it is indeed a Punch Out !!! stage, it definitely raises Little Mac's chances to be a newcomer. Although the game where he comes from is not technically a fighting game, the character still represents a fighter in the literal meaning. I'd rather add some unexpected retro character like Muddy Mole from the Game Boy game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not trying to derail the thread, but technically Little Mac wouldn't even be considered a retro, since his series was revived. Glad to see you like Muddy Mole, though. You should definitely check out his support thread. ;)

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Wasn't it stated by Sakurai that the 3DS version was having trouble with ice climbers lag, thus confirming them? Maybe not a definite because of the errors, but I assume that means they're in.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Why does that mean anything? When Sakurai said fighters, he means fighters like Soul Caliber and Tekken. Punch Out!!! Is a celebrated franchise to Nintendo. Link's techincally a fighter, Pokemon are fighters. The game is to celebrate Nintendo's best franchises. Punch Out!!! is. Little Mac has a huge chance of getting in, more than Muddy Mole to be honest.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, L-Cancelling was nothing more than a tedious thing that you had to do in order to not make the game feel laggy as hell. I can support advanced techniques, but not L-Cancelling, because it's not hard to do, it's just tedious. If anything have it be automatic.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people! New stage! We got Pilotwings!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Updated the OP, adding the newly revealed stage to the list.

Also, it appears that Sakurai has stated that there wouldn't be an Adventure Mode like SSE this time. Can someone link to the source of that information?

EDIT: Never mind. I found a source of the information and added the link to the OP.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Good for you on adding the new stage to confirmed stuff but man I hope you get to jump around planes gliders and maybe even jet pack guys

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Updated the OP, adding the newly revealed stage to the list.

Also, it appears that Sakurai has stated that there wouldn't be an Adventure Mode like SSE this time. Can someone link to the source of that information?

EDIT: Never mind. I found a source of the information and added the link to the OP.

Can you also add the following?

Also, can we get the first post updated to include the confirmed tactics so far?

Confirmed:
-Pivot Grab (http://imgflip.com/i/26fab - Mario)
-Aerial clashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26f7i)
-Short-hop

and "probable":
-Dash dance (http://imgflip.com/i/26f8c - Megaman)
-Short dashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26fed - Link)
-Fast-fall (http://imgflip.com/i/2iwkx - Megaman)

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm glad I took a look at this board first. At first glance, I thought it was a SimCity stage.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm hoping you fight on the plane and it leaves the runway and fly's over a bunch of 2D retro maps from a bunch of different games.

A retro pilotwings/nintendo game maps stage just seems like a really cool idea to me since so many old games had really cool maps it would be fun to see a world full of all those worlds... plus it could rep a bunch of games all at once.

Top Bottom