• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I literally don't know what you guys are looking at with that L-cancelling/autocancelling video. He very very clearly lands and goes into a landing animation, dust effect and all, so it's not autocancelling, and there is obvious landlag too. Sakurai just buffered a shield, that's nothing new...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Should the Metal Blade be added to the confirmed items section? You can pic it up like an item.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I literally don't know what you guys are looking at with that L-cancelling/autocancelling video. He very very clearly lands and goes into a landing animation, dust effect and all, so it's not autocancelling, and there is obvious landlag too. Sakurai just buffered a shield, that's nothing new...
eh, most of the landing lag seems to be very fast in that video... in Melee, L-cancel still showed the landing animation / dust, so that wouldn't be a change. In the vid, it just looked REALLY fast. Who knows, though?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
eh, most of the landing lag seems to be very fast in that video... in Melee, L-cancel still showed the landing animation / dust, so that wouldn't be a change. In the vid, it just looked REALLY fast. Who knows, though?
Lets hope its this way. If it enables more mediocre players to become better by not dealing with a simple button push, then all the more power to it.

SethPost

Smash Rookie
Ohio (currently Northeast, soon to be Southwest)
3DS FC
1289-9204-3061
That's too bad... Although SSE was kind of boring to actually play, I appreciated the universe it created and its combining all the different franchises. (Fox McCloud fighting Rayquaza? Awesome!)

Hopefully they'll make up for it with other content.

SethPost

Smash Rookie
Ohio (currently Northeast, soon to be Southwest)
3DS FC
1289-9204-3061

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Olimar's back (when I realized that he wasn't the main playable character of Pikmin 3 I began to worry about his inclusion in the new Smash games).

I find some aspects of this revelation very interesting:

First of all, the lack of new Pikmins makes me think that they will be part of a new character (maybe Alph?)

Secondly, the context in which Olimar was shown is that of an explicit advertisment for Pikmin 3, as seen in the link posted in his official page .

Finally, Olimar was rumored to be one of the characters having issues with the 3DS version capabilities due to the Pikmins. This hypotesis is still true because there aren't pictures yet of them in the handheld version.

I wouldn't mind if we first get confirmations of veterans instead of newcomers characters...

I'm glad Olimar's back (when I realized that he wasn't the main playable character of Pikmin 3 I began to worry about his inclusion in the new Smash games).

First of all, the lack of new Pikmins makes me think that they will be part of a new character (maybe Alph?)

Secondly, the context in which Olimar was shown is that of an explicit advertisment for Pikmin 3, as seen in the link posted in his official page .

Finally, Olimar was rumored to be one of the characters having issues with the 3DS version capabilities due to the Pikmins. This hypotesis is still true because there aren't pictures yet of them in the handheld version.

I wouldn't mind if we first get confirmations of veterans instead of newcomers characters...

The rumor about the character issues was just a translation error, and i believe he rectified the issue by doing another interview and said that the 3DS game would not limit the Wii U version. Also, there are no pictures of Wii Fit Trainer or Villager on the website too, and they weren't even involved in the rumor.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Just say wavedashing is in... Nothing else would even matter to me if that dream came true

Hopefully they make Olimar's recovery a bit better and give him more dynamic gameplay options with the pikmins, the concept has potential.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

I don't think so because Alph looks far too similar to Olimar. I guess Charlie and Brittany have better chances to get in as a second Pikmin character.
On the other side, I'm not sure if they find a way to put the new Pikmins in so that they won't have a too similar effect to the Pikmin1&2 pikmins. Still I agree with you that there is a possibility they could put a second Pikmin character in.

You might be right. The only thing you should have noticed: for the villager and the wii fit trainer, there are no 3ds pictures either. Does this really mean there are problems to put wii fit trainer and villager into the 3ds version? I'm not sure about this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Looks like we have a name for the new Pikmin stage.

EDIT: Garden of Hope is from Pikmin 3 BTW.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think so because Alph looks far too similar to Olimar. I guess Charlie and Brittany have better chances to get in as a second Pikmin character.
On the other side, I'm not sure if they find a way to put the new Pikmins in so that they won't have a too similar effect to the Pikmin1&2 pikmins. Still I agree with you that there is a possibility they could put a second Pikmin character in.

While I don't really think that similar designs really matter that much. Wasn't Charlie supposed to be the main captain out of the three?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
While I don't really think that similar designs really matter that much. Wasn't Charlie supposed to be the main captain out of the three?
I guess Alph will be more an alternativ costum of Olimar.

And you're right, Charlie is meant to be the captain.

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
One thing that I would love to have back (besides Wave Dashing) would be the specialized Character Entries, like from 64 and Brawl

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Anybody see Fast falling or short hopping?
Yeah short-hops are definitely back. Several examples of megaman short hopping in the match vs mario. I'll gif them later if anybody doesn't see it.

Fast fall is a very difficult thing to pick out from the vids so far. I'll give them another look an see if there's anything obvious, but not sure we'll be able to confirm it yet.

EDIT - ok the only thing I see for fastfalling occurs shortly after 0:20 in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw), where the "sparkle" effect that occurs when fastfalling in previous games occurs around Megaman... he's so close to the ground that it's hard to see a change in fall speed, though.

I made a gif of it, but it's a bit hard to see..
http://imgflip.com/i/2iwkx

I also found it interesting that Mario's fall speed seems...inconsistent in the video. It seems like he's fast-falling at times, but no sparkle occurs or anything... his speed just changed. I say we file this one in the "probable" column... I think we all expect it, and have some evidence, but nothing terribly solid.

Looking for FFing in the video has definitely made me realize that the fall speed is MUCH faster than Brawl's, though.

Also, can we get the first post updated to include the confirmed tactics so far?

Confirmed:
-Pivot Grab (http://imgflip.com/i/26fab - Mario)
-Aerial clashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26f7i)
-Short-hop

and "probable":
-Dash dance (http://imgflip.com/i/26f8c - Megaman)
-Short dashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26fed - Link)
-Fast-fall (http://imgflip.com/i/2iwkx - Megaman)

DKoopKid

Smash Rookie
looks like Battle field can change backrounds, didn't it used to have ancient ruins in the trailers? anyway, this one with slanted mountains looks gorgeous~
That's the Garden of Hope stage, not Battlefield.

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Wave Dashing? Has anyone confirmed that yet, or..? I heard somewhere that the speed for Sm4sh was going to be between Melee and Brawl, and from what Fenrir VII said earlier, it sounds like it's a lot faster (which should be good, tourney-wise). I am glad, however, to hear that short hopping is back, heck, it's been around since 64. But Wave Dashing would definitely make things more interesting, and bring back the spark that Melee had!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wave Dashing? Has anyone confirmed that yet, or..? I heard somewhere that the speed for Sm4sh was going to be between Melee and Brawl, and from what Fenrir VII said earlier, it sounds like it's a lot faster (which should be good, tourney-wise). I am glad, however, to hear that short hopping is back, heck, it's been around since 64. But Wave Dashing would definitely make things more interesting, and bring back the spark that Melee had!
Watch that matchup video and specifically look for fast-falling (especially for Mario), and let me know what you think. I hadn't really realized it until I did that, but the fall speeds are...pretty different, imo.

As for wavedashing, at this point it looks... doubtful. In the videos thus far, there are several examples of a "Brawl-like" air-dodge (no fall animation after, continued momentum, etc). Now that's not to say a "hybrid" air-dodge system couldn't be put in place, where a "neutral" air-dodge acted like Brawl, and a direction-input would make it act like Melee, but there's no evidence of that yet.

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Hoping for the best is all we can do at this point, I just wish that Sakurai would actually heed the words of not only Japanese fans, but World-wide fans as well. And I'll try to watch the video at some point, my internet is bad o.o

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Ness SHOULD be back, even if we have to unlock him. He's been in all three (same as Yoshi), and both are un-confirmed (as of yet). I think it's a little bit too late for Ninten to come in, although it'd be awesome to see him whoopin' some bootay in Sm4sh, hahah!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Reset Bomb Forest (KI: Uprising) stage confirmed.

Top Bottom