• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the Kid Icarus stage on the 3DS version is the Reset Bomb Forest? Kind of disappointed, actually, as I found other areas of that game to be more memorable.

I think the Chaos Vortex, Palutena's Temple, Medusa's Underworld Castle, Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit, the Space-Pirate Ship or the Thunder Cloud Temple would have been better choices, but I can't deny that the Reset Bomb Forest has the whole Reset Bomb thing going for it. Thinking a bit, it kind of reminds me of the Moon from the Great Bay stage in Melee, except it may actually have an effect on the stage itself, rather than being just a background event.

At first, I mistook the stage for a second Fire Emblem stage due to its similarities to Brawl's Castle Siege. Then, I remembered that part from Kid Icarus: Uprising and it all made sense! :laugh:

Anyway, the OP has been updated already.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
So, the Kid Icarus stage on the 3DS version is the Reset Bomb Forest? Kind of disappointed, actually, as I found other areas of that game to be more memorable.

I think the Chaos Vortex, Palutena's Temple, Medusa's Underworld Castle, Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit, the Space-Pirate Ship or the Thunder Cloud Temple would have been better choices, but I can't deny that the Reset Bomb Forest has the whole Reset Bomb thing going for it. Thinking a bit, it kind of reminds me of the Moon from the Great Bay stage in Melee, except it may actually have an effect on the stage itself, rather than being just a background event.

At first, I mistook the stage for a second Fire Emblem stage due to its similarities to Brawl's Castle Siege. Then, I remembered that part from Kid Icarus: Uprising and it all made sense! :laugh:

odds are that kid icarus will get more than one stage, considering sakurai made it and the 3ds will mainly have handheld stages, so dont worry, i really hope they make a stage off of pandoras labyrinth of deceit

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
odds are that kid icarus will get more than one stage, considering sakurai made it and the 3ds will mainly have handheld stages, so dont worry, i really hope they make a stage off of pandoras labyrinth of deceit
Well, that's possible, but I'm not counting on it.
I wasn't saying that this stage was a bad choice, but I feel that other stages would be better. I'm no position to complain, so I'll have to accept things as is.

Might hope for another Uprising stage for the Wii U version, such as the Underworld Castle or Palutena's Temple. All locations from the NES game are present in Uprising in some form and the 3DS game has much more areas to draw from, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U version was also based on Uprising.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, that's possible, but I'm not counting on it.
I wasn't saying that this stage was a bad choice, but I feel that other stages would be better. I'm no position to complain, so I'll have to accept things as is.

Might hope for another Uprising stage for the Wii U version, such as the Underworld Castle or Palutena's Temple. All locations from the NES game are present in Uprising in some form and the 3DS game has much more areas to draw from, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U version was also based on Uprising.
I am of the belief that Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit would make the best stage for Kid Icarus. It was just so... Memorable. It would have been easy to pull off, too; a few simple moving hazards and the bizarre music would have done the trick.

The Chaos Vortex was good too, but I have a feeling that it would make a very frustrating Smash stage. It's basically asking for stuff to block the screen and annoy you as much as possible.

I can say that I'm satisfied with the Reset Bomb Forest, but not thrilled. As you said, there were more memorable areas. Still, a Reset Bomb stage change (ala Pokemon Stadium) would be welcomed, and it means we may get Viridi cameoing. At the very least, I did enjoy the music in the original Reset Bomb Forest, so I'm happy that it's essentially confirmed now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Although I think this COULD be a Donkey Kong Country: Returns stage, with abstract Tiki Tak faces on the platforms:
I think this just might be an Adventure Mode stage. For starters, the trees look nothing like the trees in Donkey Kong Country: Returns;
But more of a stronger argument is, given the size of the stage (though it can be one of those Hyrule/ New Pork City levels) and Mario's clearly displayed buffed jumps, which I most likely due to stickers,
I'm pretty sure it's Adventure Mode related

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Although I think this COULD be a Donkey Kong Country: Returns stage, with abstract Tiki Tak faces on the platforms:

I think this just might be an Adventure Mode stage. For starters, the trees look nothing like the trees in Donkey Kong Country: Returns;
But more of a stronger argument is, given the size of the stage (though it can be one of those Hyrule/ New Pork City levels) and Mario's clearly displayed buffed jumps, which I most likely due to stickers,
Can I add a link to that image of the stage in the OP? It shows more of the stage and you wrote on how it can be a DKCR stage.

Whether it's a normal Vs. stage or an Adventure mode stage, nothing is confirmed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Can I add a link to that image of the stage in the OP? It shows more of the stage and you wrote on how it can be a DKCR stage.

Whether it's a normal Vs. stage or an Adventure mode stage, nothing is confirmed.
Yeah you can use the pic.
And yeah, it's just mere speculation on my part.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Where did you find the upper part of the stage? I didn't notice that until now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well well well..... The Reset Bomb Forest. I agree with previous posts that the Chaos Vortex or the Underworld would have been more memorable, but who wasn't surprised when a giant explosion happens, killing thousand of humans and creating a giant twisted forest?

I know I wasn't the only one surprised.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whew, I was considering not buying it. Thanks, Bro!
This list is not final. It's just a listing of all information about the game that's been confirmed so far.

I'm sure Captain Falcon will return for this game. Whether as a secret character or not, that's another question...

Yeah you can use the pic.
And yeah, it's just mere speculation on my part.
Added a link to the image to the OP. I've also put your username on the credits section for providing the larger image as well as theories on the possibility of being a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage.

Guess we'll have to wait for Sakurai to show that stage on a daily picture and commenting on it, putting the speculation regarding the stage to an end...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't like the photo updates, I use to like the classic dojo ones with photos and description, etc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't like the photo updates, I use to like the classic dojo ones with photos and description, etc.
I can't help but think that your comment was uncalled for... :glare:

Seriously, it's better than nothing, so stop whining and be thankful that we get news from time to time. Today confirmed a new stage and a few days ago we had Olimar confirmed. Damn, what's wrong with some people complaining all the time?

We're not getting more detailed updates like Brawl's Dojo because Sakurai wants to focus more on developing the game. One picture a day and a small comment on Miiverse is enough to keep us informed on confirmed characters, stages and possibly other elements of the game. He's doing daily updates, but keeping them to a minimum to avoid consuming too much of his time that can be used to further the development of the game.

...That can't be hard to understand, now can it?

nessokman

Smash Lord

Better part would have definitely been space pirate ship, sakurai made uprising so there will probably be another stage.
What was that town named? The first town was "That First Town" maybe it is "That Doomed Town"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Better part would have definitely been space pirate ship, sakurai made uprising so there will probably be another stage.
What was that town named? The first town was "That First Town" maybe it is "That Doomed Town"
That town has no name, actually.

"That First Town" is from the first stage and there was also "That Burning Town" from the 3rd chapter. The KIU stage in SSB4 becomes the Reset Bomb Forest after the Reset Bomb hits the ground and the area before being hit by the bomb is never given a name, so I'm betting that "Reset Bomb Forest" will be the stage's name.

nessokman

Smash Lord
That town has no name, actually.

"That First Town" is from the first stage and there was also "That Burning Town" from the 3rd chapter. The KIU stage in SSB4 becomes the Reset Bomb Forest after the Reset Bomb hits the ground and the area before being hit by the bomb is never given a name, so I'm betting that "Reset Bomb Forest" will be the stage's name.
Let's come up with a funny name for it!

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
May I suggest that the character changes section be divided into further subsections for each individual character? Having one huge list with all of the changes in a random order may become confusing as more information is revealed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I can't help but think that your comment was uncalled for... :glare:

Seriously, it's better than nothing, so stop whining and be thankful that we get news from time to time. Today confirmed a new stage and a few days ago we had Olimar confirmed. Damn, what's wrong with some people complaining all the time?

We're not getting more detailed updates like Brawl's Dojo because Sakurai wants to focus more on developing the game. One picture a day and a small comment on Miiverse is enough to keep us informed on confirmed characters, stages and possibly other elements of the game. He's doing daily updates, but keeping them to a minimum to avoid consuming too much of his time that can be used to further the development of the game.

...That can't be hard to understand, now can it?
Not like they could bring in some college intern to do free updates for them on their website.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
Not like they could bring in some college intern to do free updates for them on their website.
I like to think that Sakurai personally prefers doing the updates to the daily miiverse post himself, just so he himself has control over the rate of the information coming out. That, and the college intern is bound to slip up somewhere and leak something by accident. Actually, maybe you're on to something...

In any case, the negativity here is nowhere near the level of negativity that this guy posted on one of Sakurai's pics. Why does everyone have to feel so entitled >_>

Attachments

Groose

Smash Champion
I like to think that Sakurai personally prefers doing the updates to the daily miiverse post himself, just so he himself has control over the rate of the information coming out. That, and the college intern is bound to slip up somewhere and leak something by accident. Actually, maybe you're on to something...

In any case, the negativity here is nowhere near the level of negativity that this guy posted on one of Sakurai's pics. Why does everyone have to feel so entitled >_>
This kid... It is awakening my inner Cranky Kong. Must resist urge... Must not go ape...

volbound1700

Smash Master

Why does it matter? I prefer how they did it with Brawl. It was perfect. It gave more description of the items, etc.

I am not upset by the rate of updates, it has been a little over a month since E3 and we have already got a character update (Olimar). I consider that a good thing. Sorry, I haven't been on as much, work has been very busy, getting married soon. I did just get my first Fire Emblem title (Path of Radiance for GC) and I am loving it just as I thought I would.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My reaction to today's pic -

He can catch anything.....

GRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTT.....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally woulda loved Palutena's Temple or the Underworld more than the Reset Bomb Forest, maybe even an improved Skyworld, but at least this is something new. Plus some of us know how much Sakurai likes Viridi, so I understand part of the reason behind him choosing this area for KI, that and that he wanted some of his own wants in the game as well (like WFT as a newcomer, I think). Plus I'm sure there will be more than 1 KI stage this time around, but we just don't know what it will be yet.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hope they add Shadow the Hedgehog, and keep Sonic. Maybe Knux?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hope they add Shadow the Hedgehog, and keep Sonic. Maybe Knux?
This is the wrong place for this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How did multiple taunts get confirmed and I love the new screen launch mechanics I always have trouble figuring out who hit the character red if p1 green if p4 and of coarse blue if p2 and yellow if p3

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
Boxing Ring

It's obviously Little Mac's stage. He will be confirmed soon - trust me.
Definitely not a stage inspired by Punch Out !!! .

Notice the Smash Bros. emblem printed on the ground. None of the stages inspired by existing franchises have the Smash Bros. emblem in them.
Plus, why are you people all supporting Little Mac's inclusion in the game as a playable character? The point in SSB is creating a fighting game zith characters of the Nintendo universe that DO NOT belong to the fighting genre.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
why are you people all supporting Little Mac's inclusion in the game as a playable character? The point in SSB is creating a fighting game zith characters of the Nintendo universe that DO NOT belong to the fighting genre.
That's because it's not necessarily a fighting game. it's more of like an action puzzle game because you have to find a specific strategie to beat your opponent

Chuckya

Smash Rookie
That's because it's not necessarily a fighting game. it's more of like an action puzzle game because you have to find a specific strategie to beat your opponent
Never the less. Little Mac belongs to the fighting genre and is not a suitable character for SSB. How would you picture his special moves? The guy just punches the sh*t out of his opponents.

Top Bottom