• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Multiple Airdodges with No momentum change were confirmed. Translator translated dodge into cancel and people went crazy.
Why did people go crazy? Advanced techniques? I'll take 'em any day to make the game more interesting.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Better add Luigi to the list of veterans. Iwata showed off some screenshots during the Nintendo Direct today. :D

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OK add luigi

and this mean despite being unlockable character hes just going to revealed every character in random order its a no brainer that luigi is going ot be unlockable again since he was unlockable in all 3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Today's Nintendo Direct announced Luigi as a returning character for SSB4. The Smash Bros. website has been updated, so you can check that out too.

As with any new reveal, the OP has been updated as well.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
OK add luigi

and this mean despite being unlockable character hes just going to revealed every character in random order its a no brainer that luigi is going ot be unlockable again since he was unlockable in all 3
Don't get ahead of yourself, Sakurai doesn't care much about following patterns. CF and Ness were starters in Melee but unlockables in Brawl, this time he might just make Luigi and Jigglypuff starters and make CF and Ness unlockables.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
OK add luigi

No, they won't reveal all of them, or randomly. The only reason Luigi was revealed was because they were doing general Year-of-Luigi stuff.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No, they won't reveal all of them, or randomly. The only reason Luigi was revealed was because they were doing general Year-of-Luigi stuff.
Ok I can see that and I forgot about ness and the captain being starters in Melee but reminder luigi has be unlock able in all 3 and correct me if I'm wrong but on brawls dojo wasn't sonic added to the site and he's unlockable in brawl

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Ok I can see that and I forgot about ness and the captain being starters in Melee but reminder luigi has be unlock able in all 3 and correct me if I'm wrong but on brawls dojo wasn't sonic added to the site and he's unlockable in brawl
All of the characters were revealed on the Dojo. Unlockables were in a separate section with their pictures covered until you actually clicked on their page.

We have no idea how they're gonna reveal. Sakurai has stated he's gonna spend a lot less time on this site than on the Dojo, so it's possible he's gonna reveal everyone in no order. We just do not know as of yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
All of the characters were revealed on the Dojo. Unlockables were in a separate section with their pictures covered until you actually clicked on their page.

We have no idea how they're gonna reveal. Sakurai has stated he's gonna spend a lot less time on this site than on the Dojo, so it's possible he's gonna reveal everyone in no order. We just do not know as of yet.
Ok then why is snake and sonic not on the unlockable side besides being 3rd party on the brawl dojo

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yes, that's right. The thing is that Sonic and Snake were the first 2 third-party characters EVER in Smash Bros (though technically, Snake's character used to be first party) and they were a major advertising point of the game, they were even on the back of the box! Unlockables are normally only revealed if there is a specific reason to, such as the case is with Luigi, and there are few better times in the history of Nintendo then "The Year of Luigi" to give news about Luigi in various games that would normally go unannounced.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
You should add that Pit has a new up B move.

and Mario has the same 3 taunts from Brawl

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pit has a new Up B move? Are you sure about that? I swear I've seen Pit using his flight ability in the first trailer...
Do you have a source that confirms that Pit has a new Up Special Move?

I know that he keeps his bow and has two new special moves based on weapons from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Pit has a new Up B move? Are you sure about that? I swear I've seen Pit using his flight ability in the first trailer...
Do you have a source that confirms that Pit has a new Up Special Move?

I know that he keeps his bow and has two new special moves based on weapons from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

He does, I think it was shown in one of the trailers discussing Megaman/Villager.

Its more of a diagonal up recovery now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

and Mario has the same 3 taunts from Brawl

Off subject of that luigi a pose I checked it its defiantly him getting in charge up form of side Bs green rocket I mean watch luigi get into form in brawl and watch careful for a split second

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He does, I think it was shown in one of the trailers discussing Megaman/Villager.

Its more of a diagonal up recovery now.
Well, it could be the same move with some changes made to it, such as when he initiates the move on the ground.

I think I'll only add that information once we learn more details on the characters' moves...

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Well, it could be the same move with some changes made to it, such as when he initiates the move on the ground.

I think I'll only add that information once we learn more details on the characters' moves...
Regardless, it has been shown to be different then his brawl up B in terms of length and control ability.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
To anyone who cares about Pokémon Characters:
A scan has been released showing "Mega Evolutions," which are awakened forms. That is what Mewtwo has, as well as 5 others so far, including Blaziken and Lucario.
I think this makes it entirely possible for Lucario to return, and possible from Blaziken to enter as a newcomer.
One more thing: Stop saying that M2 will be able to switch forms like Zelda/Sheik. It makes no sense, in the Pokémon canon. The point of an "Awakened Form" (in any series) is that it's objectively better than the previous form, it's even considered a temporary evolution in this case, like in Digimon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To anyone who cares about Pokémon Characters:
A scan has been released showing "Mega Evolutions," which are awakened forms. That is what Mewtwo has, as well as 5 others so far, including Blaziken and Lucario.
I think this makes it entirely possible for Lucario to return, and possible from Blaziken to enter as a newcomer.
One more thing: Stop saying that M2 will be able to switch forms like Zelda/Sheik. It makes no sense, in the Pokémon canon. The point of an "Awakened Form" (in any series) is that it's objectively better than the previous form, it's even considered a temporary evolution in this case, like in Digimon.

Those news have nothing to do with Smash Bros., so that's kind of irrelevant to post here, since this thread is for confirmed information about SSB4.
Also, everyone already agrees that these Megaforms are more suitable for Final Smashes rather than normal Special Moves. Whether or not Mewtwo or Lucario incorporate these forms in their movesets should they return is anyone's guess, but it's something worthy of speculation.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Never the less. Little Mac belongs to the fighting genre and is not a suitable character for SSB. How would you picture his special moves? The guy just punches the sh*t out of his opponents.

He'd be a hell of a lot more creative than MK from Brawl.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I was really hoping they'd change up Luigi's moveset...

Would have been awesome to have him use his Poltergust 5000. W/e, I expected he would have been announced this month. November I expect Diddy, December Peach....

As for next month and October, I have a feeling Sonic may return to coincide with the release of Sonic Lost World if these character reveals are really following the release schedule of key titles. A big IF.

4 slots are left on the website. 4 months are left this year. And I'm doubting a newcomer reveal. Oh, and I'm aware this isn't a speculation thread, so please don't hop on me <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Today's picture shows the return of the Gooey Bomb item, which curiously has been previously mentioned by Sakurai during the SSB4 Developer Direct.

That makes it three items that have been confirmed for this game and all of them come from previous Smash Bros. games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Today's picture shows the return of the Gooey Bomb item, which curiously has been previously mentioned by Sakurai during the SSB4 Developer Direct.

That makes it three items that have been confirmed for this game and all of them come from previous Smash Bros. games.
Um... Frostwraith, I don't mean to rain on your parade but...

That's a Crash Bomb.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
What? It seemed like a Gooey Bomb to me. :/

Guess I'll have to change the OP again...

Yo, can you add this info to the first post?

Also, can we get the first post updated to include the confirmed tactics/mechanics so far?

Confirmed:
-Pivot Grab (http://imgflip.com/i/26fab - Mario)
-Aerial clashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26f7i)
-Short-hop

and "probable":
-Dash dance (http://imgflip.com/i/26f8c - Megaman)
-Short dashes (http://imgflip.com/i/26fed - Link)
-Fast-fall (http://imgflip.com/i/2iwkx - Megaman)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yo, can you add this info to the first post?

Add Fast-Fall to confirmed. That's definitely a Fast-Fall on Mario's very first jump on the Megaman vs Mario video. He does a full jump into down aerial and fast falls because of the input. Just compare all of his other jumps to that one jump.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Add Fast-Fall to confirmed. That's definitely a Fast-Fall on Mario's very first jump on the Megaman vs Mario video. He does a full jump into down aerial and fast falls because of the input. Just compare all of his other jumps to that one jump.

I don't disagree with you, but it's hard to really confirm it at this point, so this is me pretty much playing it safe. Here's my original post on it:

Fast fall is a very difficult thing to pick out from the vids so far. I'll give them another look an see if there's anything obvious, but not sure we'll be able to confirm it yet.

EDIT - ok the only thing I see for fastfalling occurs shortly after 0:20 in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw), where the "sparkle" effect that occurs when fastfalling in previous games occurs around Megaman... he's so close to the ground that it's hard to see a change in fall speed, though.

I made a gif of it, but it's a bit hard to see..
http://imgflip.com/i/2iwkx

I also found it interesting that Mario's fall speed seems...inconsistent in the video. It seems like he's fast-falling at times, but no sparkle occurs or anything... his speed just changed. I say we file this one in the "probable" column... I think we all expect it, and have some evidence, but nothing terribly solid.

Looking for FFing in the video has definitely made me realize that the fall speed is MUCH faster than Brawl's, though.

Top Bottom