• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, the backround is clearly space. While it could be a Super Mario Galaxy stage, I also think it could be the backround for the new Final Destination stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You missed one of the most obvious things! The newest character! I did not see upside down link anywhere on here. This thread sucks.

But for real, what about the super mario galaxy stage?
I am aware of that picture and the strong implication of a Mario Galaxy stage, but I'm not going to include it in the OP until a definitive confirmation.

Well, the backround is clearly space. While it could be a Super Mario Galaxy stage, I also think it could be the backround for the new Final Destination stage.
It could be Final Destination indeed, given that it featured space backgrounds in Melee and Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

As you can see, there's a ton of similarities and it's practically guaranteed to be a Mario Galaxy stage.

The similarities are striking, indeed... Even the lighting on Mario, the Lumas and Kirby is similar, if not equal.

If there is a Mario Galaxy stage (and I think it's to be expected, anyway), what could it be? Rosalina's Comet Observatory? Good Egg Galaxy?
Personally, I'd like to see the Comet Observatory. Given that the hubs from SM64 and Sunshine (Peach's Castle and Delfino Plaza, respectively) had appeared in previous Smash Bros. games, having the Comet Observatory would continue that trend... but, of course, it doesn't warrant anything.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Theres just so much in Super Mario Galaxy (and it's sequal for that matter) to choose from...

I'd personally like a Comet Observatory stage, but like the Galaxy Tours stage in SSF2, with a greater variety of galaxies. I'm hoping the stage will have a few gimmicks too, but nothing too major. Maybe a Launch Star, the spinrg plants, and perhaps some small meteors?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Frostwraith? You're the thread creator, right? Any chance of Doing the stage section up by Franchise with question marks under the empty ones? Give us a good ballpark estimate of what franchises still need stages shown and such. Just a useless thought I had.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I am thinking there will be a happy trigger from kid icarus. If you have not played uprising, happy trigger almost instantly charges your shots, this could make smashes done with a C-Stick (or whatever button we end up using) and make them full power temporarily. This would mean you could spam full power smashes for 5-15 seconds. It would be broken, but it IS sakurai

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
About that....I think that the axe is his side smash..to be honest...the bowling ball looks more like a special move...
Nah, I think the Axe is just part of the Down Special.

Plant>Water>Chop.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
TOON LINK CONFIRMED

So 2 characters a month is possible so now its likely both a pokemon and sonic gets confirmed in october abd mewtwo is the most likely pokemon on whatever day the pokemon character gets confirmed and sonic will be the 4th week of october and the pokemon on the 2nd week of october

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
TOON LINK CONFIRMED

So 2 characters a month is possible so now its likely both a pokemon and sonic gets confirmed in october abd mewtwo is the most likely pokemon on whatever day the pokemon character gets confirmed and sonic will be the 4th week of october and the pokemon on the 2nd week of october
I think yoshi is next, I mean he is one of the N64's SSB veterans...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Nah, I think the Axe is just part of the Down Special.

Plant>Water>Chop.

I doubt it..since there clearly is a screenshot of pikachu near the tree without villager in sight...which might mean the villager can use the trees as obstacles for other characters and even expand the power of his Forward Smash by using it on a tree. You're welcome....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I doubt it..since there clearly is a screenshot of pikachu near the tree without villager in sight...which might mean the villager can use the trees as obstacles for other characters and even expand the power of his Forward Smash by using it on a tree. You're welcome....
What I'm saying is this: if there's no tree on the field, you plant the seed with Down B. If you press Down B near the seed, it grows into a tree when you pull out the watering can. If you're next to the full grown tree when you press Down B, he pull out the axe and chops the tree. It's more than likely the same command.

But this really isn't the place for this.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
TOON LINK CONFIRMED

I'm leaning towards more that Sakurai will post all veterans first before showing newcomers. Shame.

Chido72

Smash Cadet
I'm conflicted on this reveal.
On one hand, Toon Link is one of my mains from Brawl and I'm glad to see him back. If any clone were to return I'm glad it's him.
On the other, I think this would severely limit the changes Link might have received. I think we all thought Toon Link wouldn't make it (he was certainly near the bottom of my return list, second only to probably Falco) and hoped that in his place, Link would get some speed buffs. But now I'm afraid Link'll go Bottom Tier for the fourth game in a row, which is something that saddens me greatly.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I'm conflicted on this reveal.
On one hand, Toon Link is one of my mains from Brawl and I'm glad to see him back. If any clone were to return I'm glad it's him.
On the other, I think this would severely limit the changes Link might have received. I think we all thought Toon Link wouldn't make it (he was certainly near the bottom of my return list, second only to probably Falco) and hoped that in his place, Link would get some speed buffs. But now I'm afraid Link'll go Bottom Tier for the fourth game in a row, which is something that saddens me greatly.
nothing is set in stone. falco got a lot of changes that made him more different from fox when brawl was released, and although its not noticeable at first , toon link is actually bit more different from adult link when compared to young link. im sure sakurai has noticed the demand for "less cloney"ness.

I wouldn't have minded another type of link, but who could throw out such an adorable face eh? toon link is BACK! what a trooper!:rotfl:
and if HE made it back, then lucas can certainly do the same~
im happy for all the toon link fans out there, good goin' guys. d--(^-^)z

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
nothing is set in stone. falco got a lot of changes that made him more different from fox when brawl was released, and although its not noticeable at first , toon link is actually bit more different from adult link when compared to young link. im sure sakurai has noticed the demand for "less cloney"ness.

I wouldn't have minded another type of link, but who could throw out such an adorable face eh? toon link is BACK! what a trooper!:rotfl:
and if HE made it back, then lucas can certainly do the same~
im happy for all the toon link fans out there, good goin' guys. d--(^-^)z

I agree 100% ...you are so right my friend!

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
With the way Nintendo's been doing things, they've been revealing characters around either their game releases (like Olimar and Pikmin 3), or when big news about them is revealed. It makes sense from a marketing point because they can promote both the game and Smash 4 simultaneously.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another Pokemon revealed with the release of X and Y. I'd say that it's safe to say that Jigglypuff will be returning (I'd be sad if she wasn't). As for the other pokemon that might appear, I'm not as sure. I personally would love to see Blaziken/Mega Blaziken (as that fits with Nintendo's strategy to tie characters to their game releases). I'm not too keen on Pokemon Trainer returning but that's just me.

As for the Star Fox characters, here are my thoughts. Fox is fine, keep him the way he is. Keep Falco in, he was different enough in both Melee and Brawl to merit being another chracter. I'm sure Sakurai can make him different enough to not be a clone. Finally, scrap Wolf and add Krystal. Wolf was a clone, hands down. Krystal, however, adds so much. In addition to another female character, she could use her staff to fight, making her markedly different than the other spacies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
With the way Nintendo's been doing things, they've been revealing characters around either their game releases (like Olimar and Pikmin 3), or when big news about them is revealed. It makes sense from a marketing point because they can promote both the game and Smash 4 simultaneously.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another Pokemon revealed with the release of X and Y. I'd say that it's safe to say that Jigglypuff will be returning (I'd be sad if she wasn't). As for the other pokemon that might appear, I'm not as sure. I personally would love to see Blaziken/Mega Blaziken (as that fits with Nintendo's strategy to tie characters to their game releases). I'm not too keen on Pokemon Trainer returning but that's just me.

As for the Star Fox characters, here are my thoughts. Fox is fine, keep him the way he is. Keep Falco in, he was different enough in both Melee and Brawl to merit being another chracter. I'm sure Sakurai can make him different enough to not be a clone. Finally, scrap Wolf and add Krystal. Wolf was a clone, hands down. Krystal, however, adds so much. In addition to another female character, she could use her staff to fight, making her markedly different than the other spacies.
Since when is Wolf a clone? Heck...he isn't even a semi-clone.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Stay on topic, guys; take the discussion elsewhere, preferably the Smash 4 general thread.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Calling it right now, Normal link is garbage tier.

>Reducing number of characters in the game
>Getting rid of clones
>Toon Link
Sakurai never said the first two things. Where did you get that?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I love it how in every Smash Bros game. People always love to think that Sakurai is cutting clones entirely and then start assuming that it's official. :rolleyes:

Sakurai never said that he was cutting clones, at all. And if he did I want to see an official source of it.

Can't we just push for them to get Luigified? :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey frosty, just wondering whether it'd be useful to put in a list of aesthetic changes to characters if you happen to have the time? Things like:

- Peach's Usmash seems to have ribbons now.
- Character attacks 'cut' through the air now, meant to outline the quick actions of characters and improve aesthetics. This involves showing where the attack went.
- Donkey Kong's recovery doesn't 'chalk up dust' like in Brawl but is rather a quick cutting, smooth circular motion that is easily recognised.
- Kirby can turn into a spiked Thwomp among his other transformations.
- Samus' Final smash beam is more defined, with a mix of blue-base colours moving along the length of the beam.

Etc...?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey frosty, just wondering whether it'd be useful to put in a list of aesthetic changes to characters if you happen to have the time? Things like:

- Peach's Usmash seems to have ribbons now.
- Character attacks 'cut' through the air now, meant to outline the quick actions of characters and improve aesthetics. This involves showing where the attack went.
- Donkey Kong's recovery doesn't 'chalk up dust' like in Brawl but is rather a quick cutting, smooth circular motion that is easily recognised.
- Kirby can turn into a spiked Thwomp among his other transformations.
- Samus' Final smash beam is more defined, with a mix of blue-base colours moving along the length of the beam.

Etc...?
Peach's Up Smash having ribbons is already on the list and I may add the others. Actually, I never noticed some of those changes, such as the DK one.

Edit 1: Added the bolded changes. Kirby's change was actually replacing the Super Mario 64 Thwomp with the more recent games' design.

I don't really get what do you mean with DK's change. Could you explain a little further?

Also, I'm not adding Samus' FS change since almost every attack also had minor aesthetic changes that aren't really worth adding.

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai never said the first two things. Where did you get that?

I never said he said anything... but you can google "smash bros less characters" and read all the interviews about time frame and characters not returning etc... which in turn makes me think, clones should be lost so we can have slots for ACTUAL characters.

I mean.... link still gonna suck :(

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I never said he said anything... but you can google "smash bros less characters" and read all the interviews about time frame and characters not returning etc... which in turn makes me think, clones should be lost so we can have slots for ACTUAL characters.

I mean.... link still gonna suck :(
Well, we're still probably gonna have more characters. And some clones are truly important to the game, like Wolf, Ganondorf, and Lucas. And obviously Toon Link is important to Sakurai.

And I will be completely honest, Link would've sucked without Toon Link anyway.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Peach's Up Smash having ribbons is already on the list and I may add the others. Actually, I never noticed some of those changes, such as the DK one.

Edit 1: Added the bolded changes. Kirby's change was actually replacing the Super Mario 64 Thwomp with the more recent games' design.

I don't really get what do you mean with DK's change. Could you explain a little further?

Also, I'm not adding Samus' FS change since almost every attack also had minor aesthetic changes that aren't really worth adding.
True enough.

DK's upB change was minor then. Notice in Brawl how when DK uses upB it seems to just be a big circle of dust and stuff you can't really see. On the other hand, in smash 4 all you see with DKs upB is like a few small lines.

So compare this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPHCvfy10k&t=2m59s

To this:

It's a minor aesthetic change though, as you say. So don't worry. :-)

Accf124

Smash Journeyman

I think Villagers side special will change depending on where you positioned

Ex)
Side Special on platform - Tree Sequence
Side Special on ledge - Bowling Ball
Side Special in air (?) - Gyroid Rocket (could just be entrance animation)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

As you can see, there's a ton of similarities and it's practically guaranteed to be a Mario Galaxy stage.

That has to be a Mario Galaxy stage; Sakurai said "Isn't Kirby drawn with a familiar artsy style?", with art style he was referring to the rim lighting, wich is that effect of light that gives "white borders" on the character models, wich was heavily used in Super Mario Galaxy games.
Example:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Super Kirby Galaxy comfirmed (that could actually be a decent Kirby game for Wii U if it was real)

Top Bottom