• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I don't disagree with you, but it's hard to really confirm it at this point, so this is me pretty much playing it safe. Here's my original post on it:

Well I wasn't looking for the sparkle effect to be honest, I was just looking at fall speeds. You can time Mario's jumps or you can just look at them. It is pretty visible that Mario falls much faster the first jump he does. Almost every other jump he falls at a much slower pase.

I won't claim 100% verity on it though just in case I am wrong :p. So, just look it up yourself and watch it, tell me what you think.

Its literally the first jump Mario does.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yo, can you add this info to the first post?
Added the confirmed mechanics only, as I want to avoid adding any ambiguous information to the OP.

Once more details on the gameplay are confirmed, I will add them to the OP.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We have ourselves a new item!

The X-Bomb from Kid Icarus Uprising!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The OP has been updated with the first new item confirmation.

So far, the only returning items are the Smash Ball and the Capsule.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Besides the smash ball, I find it interesting how the first item revealed for Brawl and this are bombs (Gooey Bomb and X Bomb).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
An X-cellent first item to show for Smash4, and it's from the Kid Icarus universe, too! I approve of it, and will definitely have a blast with it.

Seriously, look at how amazingly detailed the explosion is. That's some X-tremely X-ceptional details! Should I slap myself for making all these puns X-cessively? I just can't help feeling X-cited for a KI item being shown first. >.<

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Whenever I wake up I always check the website first. I saw this and I was like: "OH MY LORD MEGAMAN'S FINAL SMASH!!!"

And then it turned out to be an item so I got upset.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Whenever I wake up I always check the website first. I saw this and I was like: "OH MY LORD MEGAMAN'S FINAL SMASH!!!"

Yea that's what I thought I thought I was megamans final smash but then it was a kid Icarus item so first new item is. Bomb the super bomb has competition and electrode is more screwed than before

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet

Same exact thing for me. I saw the pic without the caption and I was like IS THAT MEGAMAN'S FINAL SMASH?! I went to the smash bros reddit to be somewhat disappointed. This is still a very cool item :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We have ourselves a new stage people.

This one based on Other M.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way this may make you very possible floored. But that's not just any stage that's the stage where you fight Ridley in other m. Is he stage Harzard a boss again or playable character I don't know. But without a doubt this means Ridley is the game as 1 of the 3.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Frost isn't around, eh?

I wonder if I should edit the OP in his stead, but I know little about Metroid, so I don't know the stage's name. :/

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I believe it would be called the Geothermal Power Plant as that's the actual name of the location in Other M.
Technically that's true, but Sakurai called it the Pyrosphere.

Frost isn't around, eh?

I wonder if I should edit the OP in his stead, but I know little about Metroid, so I don't know the stage's name. :/
Call it the Pyrosphere.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's a shame how everyone is just jump to the conclusion of Ridley being deconfirmed. And we don't even know any information about Ridley in smash bros wii u/3ds. Besides even if Ridley is a stage hazard the other m Ridley is a clone and the real Ridley could be playable due to possibly being alive during project little birdie and during to little birdies life and death.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
IMO, Ridley had a <=40% chance of getting in as a playable character, almost purely because of how requested he is (assuming Sakurai really even listens to the American audience).

Now that the stage and Miiverse comment are out there, I personally feel this drops to a <=30% chance. It's hard to really count anything out with a Sakurai game, but there are certainly a number of hints that he won't be playable.

grizby2

Smash Lord
looks like theres a pilot wings stage. looks fun, and as much as I hate to admit it, makes the mii's chances a bit more believable. it would be great if they release snake....and on that plane....

event match anyone? :awesome:

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
OP, I believe you're forgetting the Other M Pyrosphere level.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated. If I've forgotten anything from the updates since the site was down, tell me.

RideRide

Smash Cadet
You missed one of the most obvious things! The newest character! I did not see upside down link anywhere on here. This thread sucks.

But for real, what about the super mario galaxy stage?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Probably gonna wait until a definite confirmation, which will likely be this week.

Top Bottom