• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions for the musical track to accompany Freddy! You can find it at the top of the post via poll.

It is in the quote, tho if you are telling me to do a more expande version I can do it later today.
FNAF Remix:
Security Breach - Main Theme

Bundle Name:
The "Seeing Red" Bundle
Toreador March (New Remix)

Freddy's a character who was popular with kids in the 2010s, makes sense to go for a music genre that was popular with kids in the 2010s - plus Freddy is a robot, so an electric genre fits. Also, this remix has actual jumpscares in it, which I feel is a plus.
FNAF Remix Suggestion:

That being said:

Red’s bundle name will be “Seeing Red Bundle”.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who submitted content for this bundle pack which featured Red and content from Angry Birds! We will be moving forward with a new Spirit Event submission but, this one will be a bit more difficult…

Submit a Company to Base a Spirit Event off from

This Spirit Event focuses on a single company. The inclusion of this company will mean any and all characters from said company won’t be eligible for our final four bundles. Additionally, this must be a new company to Smash and can’t have ANY content yet which also includes DLC Spirits. This can be a Japanese or Western company

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It's a Junior Adventure! (Humongous Entertainment games)

The kid-friendly point and click classics have adventured to the Spirit Board! However, like with all their adventures, they'll need YOUR help to get outta there!

Tommo Inc, the current copyright holders for these IPs, do like to market these games' rereleaes to nostalgic adults who grew up on them just as much as their original target demographic, and these games tend to be renowned for their clever writing that works on multiple levels - thus they wouldn't be as out of place or misaimed as you'd think! Plus it'd be funny to see Putt-Putt in Smash, let's be honest.

Before you pull the "would they want these characters to be associated with a violent game like this?" card, note that this was approved by the current copyright holders for official social media, they've done official promotions with YouTubers like BrutalMoose, and that those original games had their fair share of demented unused content

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Vanilla Crown (Vanillaware Spirit Board)
My submission is Vanillaware, one of my favorite companies over there, they have a big catalogue of series where take spirits like:
  • Odin Sphere​
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade​
  • Dragon's Crown​
  • Princess Crown​
  • Fantasy Earth​
  • GrimGrimoire​
  • Grand Knight History​
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim​
Even if one of my biggest dreams is see a character of them has playable with just a board of spirits I'm fine.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1659887853789.png

Borne of Elden Souls (FromSoftware)
A Spirit event dedicated to FromSoftware, a company infamous for making exceptionally difficult games. Starting their legacy with King's Field, FromSoftware would only go higher up from there, developing the mecha series Armored Core, and of course the beginning of an entire legacy in Demon's Souls. Most recently, they have released what many consider the culmination of years of work with Elden Ring. FromSoftware franchises are:
  • King's Field
  • Armored Core
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Bloodborne
  • Sekiro
  • Elden Ring

I would have suggested the Brookhaven National Laboratory because of how they flat-out invented the video game, but Tennis for Two was their only game, so...

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 358126
Amazing Pipework (Valve Corporation)
A Spirit event dedicated to one of the most prestigious video game companies in the world, Valve Corporation, which had just recently released the Portal Companion Collection for Nintendo Switch. Now with the prospect of a Half-Life: Lambda Collection and a Left 4 Dead: Contagious Edition for Switch being super likely (Hell, somebody actually got Half-Life 2 running on Switch through Companion Collection), I believe it is time for us to strike while the iron is hot and throw in Valve's other franchises into the ring! These would include:
  • Portal
  • Half-Life
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Defense of the Ancients (DotA)
  • Counter-Strike
  • Day of Defeat
  • Garry's Mod
And of course...
  • Team Fortress 2
I doubt we'll see some actual justification for any of these characters to be in Smash Infinite, provided Nintendo doesn't throw another curveball at us in their next Direct, so having a Valve Spirit Event would be a good compromise.

I would have suggested the Brookhaven National Laboratory because of how they flat-out invented the video game, but Tennis for Two was their only game, so...
Sorry but we already have Valve content so this would be ineligible.

D

Deleted member

WuwpTT19lEtQm0r_mSWzeQaeCiScDUfHibO-7TzMLhI.jpg

Legends and Trails (Falcom)
Falcom may not be as famous to a general audience as some of our other picks. But they have a loyal fandom and are extremely important to gaming. They are credited with pioneering thr JRPG and are said to be one of the oldest video game publishers.

Their three main series are Ys, Legends of Heroes and Trails. These three series have a ton of characters each for us to pull from. But they also have other games such as Popfull Mall and Brandish.

Last edited by a moderator:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1200px-Rockstar_Games_Logo.svg.png

The gaming stars that rock (Rockstar games)
Being one of the most polemic but beloved companies in the industry Rockstar definetly deserves a spot in Smash, since CJ's chances are low by now a spirit event might heal the gap of Rockstar representation
Rockstar isn't just GTA tho, they have
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Bully
  • Max Payne
  • L.A Noire
Some of this games have appeared in Nintendo, RDR being the only one in the list to not appear on a Nintendo console.
All franchises above also have a lot of potential to pull characters from specially GTA.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

The Throne of Heroes (Type-Moon)
A famous gaming company known for their Fate series in japan. Their games quite made an impact in not just the VN community but also the anime community as well. Even having a mobile game where millions of players worldwide can play too. I think they deserve to be in the celebration of gaming from Nintendo in some shape or form.

They have:
  • Fate/stay night
  • Fate/Grand Order
  • The Garden of Sinners
  • Tsukihime
  • Melty Blood
  • Witch on the Holy Night
Some of their games are on the switch too. Even if Saber doesn't become a playable character at all. She and the other characters can appear in spirit least.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s always a good idea to check the front page or to ping myself if you are unsure. Especially about these sort of things. There’s also a comprehensive universe list (which is sadly lacking for recent content) that has info you might need. Pinging myself or another person is your best choice though if you want a quick answer. Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer tends to be on top of the content and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario has a good handle on what sort of content we have included so they are also good sources of information.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the Artorias Mii costume would sadly deconfirm it.
Artoras plus Solaire spirit Deconfirms it.

Speaking of checking the front page, I don't know if this was just added recently or I just never noticed, but there was a predecessor to this thread made by God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin apparently? What's the name of the thread exactly, I'd love to see how that thread evolved to this one?
It’s since been deleted since it was a User Group, not a thread. User groups went by the way side in 2018-2019 I believe. Basically, imagine every job having its own dedicated thread.

That being said, we had too many things going at once and didn’t even finish our first fighter. Jobs took like a week to wrap up and things got jumbled quickly.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ah, figured it out!

1659897210688.png

A High Resolution (Hi-Rez Studios)

Hi-Rez is known for games such as Smite and Paladins, the latter of which has made a name for itself as a worthy Overwatch competitor. The franchises under Hi-Rez's belt includes:
  • Smite
  • Paladins
  • Rogue Company
  • Metaltech
  • Tribes
  • Global Agenda

EDIT: Holy **** I just noticed what page number we're on

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my submission:

Tokyo RPG Factory
1659917924580.png

This fairly new studio has only produced 3 games so, unlike larger companies, we can draw more from them due to our content being far more focused and centered. The three games are: I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, and Oninaki.

Here are our submissions:

Vanilla Crown (Vanillaware Spirit Board)
My submission is Vanillaware, one of my favorite companies over there, they have a big catalogue of series where take spirits like:
  • Odin Sphere​
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade​
  • Dragon's Crown​
  • Princess Crown​
  • Fantasy Earth​
  • GrimGrimoire​
  • Grand Knight History​
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim​
Even if one of my biggest dreams is see a character of them has playable with just a board of spirits I'm fine.
View attachment 358129
Legends and Trails (Falcom)
Falcom may not be as famous to a general audience as some of our other picks. But they have a loyal fandom and are extremely important to gaming. They are credited with pioneering thr JRPG and are said to be one of the oldest video game publishers.

Their three main series are Ys, Legends of Heroes and Trails. These three series have a ton of characters each for us to pull from. But they also have other games such as Popfull Mall and Brandish.
View attachment 358136
The gaming stars that rock (Rockstar games)
Being one of the most polemic but beloved companies in the industry Rockstar definetly deserves a spot in Smash, since CJ's chances are low by now a spirit event might heal the gap of Rockstar representation
Rockstar isn't just GTA tho, they have
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Bully
  • Max Payne
  • L.A Noire
Some of this games have appeared in Nintendo, RDR being the only one in the list to not appear on a Nintendo console.
All franchises above also have a lot of potential to pull characters from specially GTA.

The Throne of Heroes (Type-Moon)
A famous gaming company known for their Fate series in japan. Their games quite made an impact in not just the VN community but also the anime community as well. Even having a mobile game where millions of players worldwide can play too. I think they deserve to be in the celebration of gaming from Nintendo in some shape or form.

They have:
  • Fate/stay night
  • Fate/Grand Order
  • The Garden of Sinners
  • Tsukihime
  • Melty Blood
  • Witch on the Holy Night
Some of their games are on the switch too. Even if Saber doesn't become a playable character at all. She and the other characters can appear in spirit least.
Ah, figured it out!

View attachment 358164
A High Resolution (Hi-Rez Studios)

Hi-Rez is known for games such as Smite and Paladins, the latter of which has made a name for itself as a worthy Overwatch competitor. The franchises under Hi-Rez's belt includes:
  • Smite
  • Paladins
  • Rogue Company
  • Metaltech
  • Tribes
  • Global Agenda

EDIT: Holy **** I just noticed what page number we're on
  • Humongous
  • VanillaWare
  • Falcom
  • Rockstar
  • Type-Moon
  • HI-REZ
  • Tokyo RPG Factory
PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO VOTE

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Tommo Inc. also own Bubsy, who is already in the game, my submission was the now-defunct development studio Humongous.
It was hard to tell in your post which company it belomged to. I have since changed it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who voted for our FNaF song to go with the costume. We are still waiting for th epoll to finish within the hour.

We will now be submitting content for our second stage pack which will be a double pack with two stages...

Submit a PokeFloats/Rainbow Cruise-like Stage

We will be submitting a stage that has properties like PokeFloats and Rainbow Cruise which is a platforming-type stage that is set int he air. The stage can be based on franchises existing in Smash; first or third party which includes fracnhises like Sonic which has a new stage in Smash. The franchise the stage is from must have at least one game on a Nintendo console. That being said, the following franchises are barred from being repped due to already having a DLC stage:

• Mario
  • Mappy
  • Monster Hunter
  • Portal
  • Final Fantasy
  • Blazblue
  • Chibi-Robo!
Please note that the winning submission will bar that franchise/company where the stage is from getting a fighter representative in our next four packs.

Submit a Stage based almost Directly from it's Arcade Version

We will be taking a stage and basing it ENTIRELY from it's arcade version much like how Balloon Fight and Mute City was. We are taking the stage and almost lifitng it difrectly from the base source. First and third party submissions are fine.

The following franchises are barred from submissions:
  • Mario
  • Mappy
  • Monster Hunter
  • Portal
  • Final Fantasy
  • Blazblue
  • Chibi-Robo!
In addition, considering Namco got a stage in a similar vein with Mappy, Namco arcade stages are also barred. Much like the above rule, any submission results in that franchise not being eligible for a newcomer in oiur final four bundles.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
This is what I waiting for, sad thing that we can't submit an Assist Trophy in this round, but I have a question, the echo fighter can be for Terry himself?, since I'm all down for Rock Howard.

For ATs:
  1. Fulgore (apparently we can vote for our own idea first)
  2. Tron Bonne
  3. Marcus
Stage:
MISSION 1 - METAL SLUG
This is a no-brainer right here, just behind KOF the only most popular SNK franchise is Metal Slug itself. The stage will be the first level of the game, a side scroller where we are in a beach with ruins and plane wreckage in the background. Enemy soldiers appear sfrom the edges of the screen in droves, and breaking parts of the scenery could liberate P.O.W's who drop items, there will also be captured soldiers that would work similar to Wingman (or whatever his name is, from Magicant), you can liberate them and they will help you giving you an item but with the chance that you liberate Hyakutaro Icihimonji himself who would help you launching a blast of energy from his hands. Allen O'Neil will also appear wielding his iconic minigun alognside his laugh, being a stage boss. When Allen is defeated but the match hasn't ended yet the screen will fade to black for a moment and then everyone will reappear in the start.
I'm resubmitting Mission 1 from Metal Slug for an Arcade Stage, only change would be that it wouldn mantain the sprite aesthetic. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sky Stage:
Mainbrace Mayhem (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)

Diddy Kong climbing up the second set of ropes in Mainbrace Mayhem, with a Klinger and a Banana Coin
A bonus area in Mainbrace Mayhem

Based on the level from DKC2, the level takes place in the sky with the ship's masts acting as platforms. Platforms may be flat or diagonally tilted. The stage will scroll around the level vertically.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Arcade Stage:
1659922711532.png

Space Invaders

One of the most famous games in the world created by video game pioneer Taito, Space Invaders is a stage based on the arcade game. In Smash, there are four barriers that serve as the main platforms. The gun at the bottom is about the size of a Battlefield Platform, for reference. At any point during the match, the titular Space Invaders will slowly descend from the sky. You can kill them in one hit, but like in the games, the more you kill, the faster you get. Once all aliens are dead, the one who killed the final alien gets a buff similar to when you get buffed by the Dark Emperor.

"Rainbow Cruise" Stage:
1659923112787.png

Gummi Ship Voyage

A recurring mini-game in the Kingdom Hearts series, based on its appearance in KH1. This is a constantly-moving stage where you fight atop a long Gummi Ship. Occasionally, the camera will zoom out to reveal more of the psychedelic space, telling fighters that obstacles are incoming. This includes space rocks, blocks, and rings. This lasts for 15 seconds and once this is over, you reach a World. For the sake of copyright, these worlds are based on the Smash Bros. Universes, so after one session you'll pass by a Hyrule Castle in the middle of the void, and after another you'll fly by the Hollow Bastion, and after another still, provided you own the DLC, you'll pass by an ornate courthouse from Ace Attorney. The Gummi Ship itself is as long as FD, and the layout is different, similar to Mario Maker and alluding to the customization that the Gummi Ship provides in Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Arcade stage: The Pit (Mortal Kombat)

This paralax-scrolling pre-rendered arena is a lot like KOF Stadium - just with a small catch: the breakable ceiling is swapped for a breakable floor! Use downwards attacks (especially spikes) and grounded attacks to win. In a stock battle, a foe on their final stock will get a special animation of falling into the censored console-version spikes - albeit bouncing off them like a cartoon rather than being impaled, which will result in a gauranteed star KO once the screen zooms up. Shang Tsung won't be happy about this many survivors!
This stage does not have walls nor horizontal blast zones, it loops endlessly. The silly cameos like the witch and Santa are intact. all Final Smashes and most special zoom moves have downwards trajectory on ths stage

Does the arcade stage have to be an arcade game, or can it be a retro console fame? I'm not planning on changing this submission but I want to be sure - on a similar note, does the scrolling stage actually have to take place in the sky or just on general floating platforms? That may be important.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Arcade Stage:

Excitebike

1659923049306.png
1659923167188.png

It has a track in Mario Kart, so why not give it a stage in Smash? This stage will be based on the iconic NES Excitebike track. Players fight on the racetrack, with two platforms floating above. When the bikers go by on the racetrack (like in Mario Kart, Mute City Melee, or Port Town Aero Dive), players must jump onto the platforms to avoid damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom